Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 307218 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1155 on: July 19, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »
You two are the worst posters in the history of forums.

I actually have a version of that tattooed on my lower back.

I know. I saw it. 

:-*

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1156 on: July 19, 2018, 03:02:35 PM »
Mild irritation?
- when people - usually girls, for some reason - pronounce "food" to rhyme with "feud". 
- when people add "super" to every adjective.  "I'm SUPER excited about seeing Candace Night next week."   "That's a SUPER great post, Stadler!"

Moderate, bordering on severe, irritation?
- the increasing tendency to over-hyperbolize everything.   Taylor Swift isn't just an average singer, she's the "worst singer in pop history".   Trump isn't just a polarizing President, he is "stunningly, transcendently incompetent!"

This is the most super-ridiculous thing I've ever read in my entire life!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1157 on: July 19, 2018, 03:04:26 PM »
I was reminded recently of something that isn't really a big deal anymore but used to be incredibly irritating.

Female companion:  "Oh...don't get me any fries; I'll just eat some of yours."

What I want to say:  The fuck you will!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1158 on: July 19, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »
I think it was not too long ago I was mildly irritated by something, but I forgot what it was.  Oh well, I'll try to remember the next one... :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1159 on: July 19, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »
I was reminded recently of something that isn't really a big deal anymore but used to be incredibly irritating.

:lol

My wife does this all the time. We'll go through the drive through at Dunkin' and I'll ask her if she wants a coffee, and it's always, I'll have some of yours. That medium I was going to order just turned into a large.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1160 on: July 19, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »

My wife does this all the time. We'll go through the drive through at Dunkin' and I'll ask her if she wants a coffee, and it's always, I'll have some of yours. That medium I was going to order just turned into a large.

At least she asked before you bought.  My ex used to say "Nah, I'm good."   I'd be pulling out of the drive through and she'd be all "Hey, can I have a sip of that?"  The fuck you will!

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #1161 on: July 19, 2018, 11:15:23 PM »

At least she asked before you bought.  My ex used to say "Nah, I'm good."   I'd be pulling out of the drive through and she'd be all "Hey, can I have a sip of that?"  The fuck you will!

My wife absolutely does this. Orders salad at a restaurant and asks to pilfer “a few” fries front my burger platter. Sometimes it’s truly just a few, others it’s literally 1/3 of what’s in front of me.

Other frequent happenenings:
“Can I have a sip?” turns into 3-4 full size swallows.

“Can I have a bite of what you’re having?” Then ensues a monster chomp the size of 2-3 regular bites. And me being a picky eater, half the time I don’t like what she’s eating and won’t enjoy returning the favor.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1162 on: July 20, 2018, 04:10:52 AM »
Speaking of wife irritations.... when the fuck did she forget how to use an ATM.  Whenever she needs money, it's straight to my wallet.  I swear to god I want to put a fucking PIN on it.  Seriously, it shouldn't annoy me (we're not the couple that has 'mine' and 'your' money... it's all 'our' money), but it annoys the hell out of me.

Same goes for gas.  First, she gets all freaky the instant the light comes on the dashboard - she won't even go a few miles.  Second, she practically insists that I take the vehicle with the lowest gas, so that I'm always the one filling it up.  I've even gone out in the evening before bed to fill it up, because she can't/won't leave a few minutes early to wherever she's going in the morning to fill it up.

/endrant
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1163 on: July 20, 2018, 05:46:13 AM »

Amen. By now I'm Pavlov-programmed to order two spoons with whatever dessert I'm having.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1164 on: July 20, 2018, 06:42:02 AM »
Speaking of wife irritations.... when the fuck did she forget how to use an ATM.  Whenever she needs money, it's straight to my wallet.  I swear to god I want to put a fucking PIN on it.  Seriously, it shouldn't annoy me (we're not the couple that has 'mine' and 'your' money... it's all 'our' money), but it annoys the hell out of me.

Same goes for gas.  First, she gets all freaky the instant the light comes on the dashboard - she won't even go a few miles.  Second, she practically insists that I take the vehicle with the lowest gas, so that I'm always the one filling it up.  I've even gone out in the evening before bed to fill it up, because she can't/won't leave a few minutes early to wherever she's going in the morning to fill it up.

/endrant

I have so much more I could add. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1165 on: July 20, 2018, 06:55:29 AM »

I have so much more I could add. :lol

Please do. I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1166 on: July 20, 2018, 07:51:02 AM »

Your wife isn't from Connecticut is she?   Because that's my current wife.  It doesn't help that I've run out of gas a couple times in my life, and I've told her about them, but she even gets freaky at a 1/4 a tank so it's not just about that.   I don't really mind filling the tank - at least between April and November - but still.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1167 on: July 20, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »

My wife always has money. Always. If she sees two bucks on my bureau, she's like, "Where did you get that?" I thinking "It's TWO fucking dollars! Who cares!"
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1168 on: July 23, 2018, 11:46:22 AM »
Job listings online don't post a salary range for the position.

There are two cannabis industry jobs (compliance management) in this state that I am perfectly qualified for and I am entertaining the thought of applying just for shits, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of updating my resume, creating a new cover letter, and taking time off to interview only to find out it pays $15 an hour.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1169 on: July 23, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »
Rocks and other debris when trying to do grass work. Loads of super tiny rocks and dirt along the road and front grass at work and they usually aren't bad but today I hit a fairly large one and beaned the lower part of my shin hard enough that I'm still feeling deep pain there, and hit something that nearly took my eye out. At least I got the grass edged...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1170 on: July 23, 2018, 12:01:15 PM »
Rocks and other debris when trying to do grass work. Loads of super tiny rocks and dirt along the road and front grass at work and they usually aren't bad but today I hit a fairly large one and beaned the lower part of my shin hard enough that I'm still feeling deep pain there, and hit something that nearly took my eye out. At least I got the grass edged...

I always wear safety glasses when doing string trimming or edging for that reason. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1171 on: July 23, 2018, 06:18:41 PM »
Your wifes cell phone voicemail is not working and you're on the phone for an hour and no results yet. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1172 on: July 23, 2018, 06:31:03 PM »
Sounds like someone is in trouble.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1173 on: July 23, 2018, 06:57:10 PM »
1 1/2 later and it's fixed.  No answer to why it happened.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1174 on: July 24, 2018, 10:33:33 AM »
I was reminded of this one this morning:

Sometimes, when in a public restroom or fast-food or similar restaurant, the paper towel or napkin dispenser will be stuffed so full that it is impossible to extract a towel or napkin without ripping the first several to shreds.  When this happens and the dispenser allows for it, I will usually open the dispenser up and get my towels/napkins that way.  Otherwise, I'll just dig in and pull out about 20 so that the pressure is alleviated.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1175 on: July 24, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »

I always wear safety glasses when doing string trimming or edging for that reason.

I wasn't wearing safety glasses but I was wearing sunglasses and was amazed at how it managed to still fly past them and hit me so close to the eye. Like, of all the millions of possible trajectories it could have taken...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1176 on: July 25, 2018, 08:14:50 AM »
Things that I find very irritating:

People who use staple removers to pinch and PULL a staple out, ripping the corner of a document.  If you place the prongs under the staple and just squeeze, and the staple will pop out easily.  There's no need to physically pull and rip a basic staple out. 

So many official insurance policy documents that I get from my company's receptionist or mailroom have the corners ripped apart.  It's embarrassing to send a document in that condition to a client and is completely infuriating when it's such an easy thing to remedy...but a lot of people don't understand how to actually use a staple remover without damaging paper.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1177 on: July 25, 2018, 08:33:52 AM »
In my 29 years of existence, I don't think I've ever used a staple remover. I have had one in my desk drawer for nearly 5 years now.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:43:00 AM by Chino »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1178 on: July 25, 2018, 08:34:31 AM »
Can't remember the last time I even saw a staple remover

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1179 on: July 25, 2018, 08:39:24 AM »
In my 29 years of existence, I don't think I've ever used a staple remover. I have had on in my desk drawer for nearly 5 years now.

I use one all the time.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1180 on: July 25, 2018, 08:44:15 AM »
Looks like the one time I used a staple remover, I did it wrong  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1181 on: July 25, 2018, 10:27:19 AM »
I never knew this was how to use a staple remover.

I just tried it... and my mind has been BLOWN.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1182 on: July 25, 2018, 11:46:35 AM »
Things that I find very irritating:

People who use staple removers to pinch and PULL a staple out, ripping the corner of a document.  If you place the prongs under the staple and just squeeze, and the staple will pop out easily.  There's no need to physically pull and rip a basic staple out. 

So many official insurance policy documents that I get from my company's receptionist or mailroom have the corners ripped apart.  It's embarrassing to send a document in that condition to a client and is completely infuriating when it's such an easy thing to remedy...but a lot of people don't understand how to actually use a staple remover without damaging paper.

Yeah...'cause a staple remover is such a precision device that always works exactly as intended.

Unfortunately, the only staple remover I have at my desk is not the type you described, so I cannot conduct my normal rigorous scientific testing.

Notwithstanding the above, I get your point, although I usually just use my thumb nail to remove staples.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: July 25, 2018, 12:04:23 PM »
I often find more success using the staple remover on the back of the staple.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1184 on: July 25, 2018, 01:11:18 PM »
The flat style it 1 million times better than the old school claw.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1185 on: July 25, 2018, 04:03:17 PM »

Tim Tim Tim...gotta take charge man!  That should translate into a small for her or none at all.  :hat
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1186 on: July 25, 2018, 04:14:45 PM »

Tim Tim Tim...gotta take charge man!  That should translate into a small for her or none at all.  :hat

I've been married a long time, Steve. If I said I wanted a large, she'd go all "Do you really need a large?" on me.

But all she wants is a sip. Maybe two. So I basically get my large, and look polite doing it.   :lol :hat :hat :hat

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1187 on: July 25, 2018, 05:36:38 PM »

I've been married a long time, Steve. If I said I wanted a large, she'd go all "Do you really need a large?" on me.

But all she wants is a sip. Maybe two. So I basically get my large, and look polite doing it.   :lol :hat :hat :hat

There's a whole 'nother language to being married, there is. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1188 on: July 25, 2018, 06:04:36 PM »
You mean when they talk out loud hoping for a response?

"Why does these dishes pile up"? - Lisa

My responses in my head,

"You need to stay ahead of these dishes honey"!
"I do all the cooking Lisa, at least you could do the dishes"!

My real response,  "Ok honey. Be right there". Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1189 on: July 25, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »
Hah!

I just tell her to jab me once for yes and twice for no.