Author Topic: - " The Astonishing " - One Year -- er, TWO YEARS On.  (Read 40669 times)

Offline Peter Mc

Re: - " The Astonishing " - One Year -- er, TWO YEARS On.
« Reply #700 on: June 04, 2018, 07:18:09 AM »
I understand the place in the story and have no problem with it mentioning the music player in the lyrics, it's just how it's introduced, this huge "MY MUSIC PLAYERRRR" moment.  It just makes me cringe a little every time although I will say that I'm not fond of that song as a whole and tend to skip it.  I have a similar issue with the "tell me is it true, bug was always you, finally I can reveal HOW MUSIC MAKES ME FEEL!!" moment in A New Beginning although I do like that song as a whole so I can live it.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #701 on: June 04, 2018, 07:41:28 AM »
I understand the place in the story and have no problem with it mentioning the music player in the lyrics, it's just how it's introduced, this huge "MY MUSIC PLAYERRRR" moment.  It just makes me cringe a little every time although I will say that I'm not fond of that song as a whole and tend to skip it.  I have a similar issue with the "tell me is it true, bug was always you, finally I can reveal HOW MUSIC MAKES ME FEEL!!" moment in A New Beginning although I do like that song as a whole so I can live it.

That's one of my favorite moments on the album. I think it's a great buildup to what immediately follows.

Offline Kattelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #702 on: June 04, 2018, 07:44:50 AM »
The 'father is it true' part of ANB bugs me too, but more because a lot of ANB is a direct reference to Jesus Christ Superstar. Honestly it's merely an 'okay' song to me - it's the solo tripping at 5:00 that makes me love the song so much. :2metal:
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #703 on: June 04, 2018, 07:46:19 AM »
The 'father is it true' part of ANB bugs me too

:biggrin:
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kattelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #704 on: June 04, 2018, 07:59:46 AM »
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline Ninjabait

« Reply #705 on: June 04, 2018, 08:00:06 AM »

Man, that's like one of my favorite parts on the album. I belt it out every time that part comes on lol. To each their own, I guess!

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Shopping Cart Apologist
« Reply #706 on: June 04, 2018, 08:11:13 AM »
I understand the place in the story and have no problem with it mentioning the music player in the lyrics, it's just how it's introduced, this huge "MY MUSIC PLAYERRRR" moment.  It just makes me cringe a little every time...

I have no idea why that would be.  I LOVE pretty much every aspect of that part of the song. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #707 on: June 04, 2018, 08:56:38 AM »

That's one of my favorite moments on the album. I think it's a great buildup to what immediately follows.

Yea, that's like the climax of the first disc and I absolutely love it.  Although I have one issue with it, which is the reference to BUG which I don't think makes any sense unless you read the website.  Well, I did so I get it and it doesn't ruin the song or anything, but I just find it odd to go that route with the lyrics when the story wasn't really clear about BUG.

Online Ben_Jamin

• Do a nice one for grandma
« Reply #708 on: June 04, 2018, 10:12:19 AM »

Its meant to be a big moment though. Thats Faythe revealing her Gift of Music, The music player she had found in the castle, Relating to The Gift of Music.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

I Love You...Poppin Fresh

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #709 on: June 04, 2018, 03:07:45 PM »
Thatís cool that people like it, not trying to convince anyone not to, just explaining why Iím not so keen. Still overall a fan of the album though and still enjoy it 2 years on.