Author Topic: - " The Astonishing " - One Year -- er, SEVEN YEARS On.  (Read 174455 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: - " The Astonishing " - One Year -- er, FIVE YEARS On.
« Reply #1120 on: January 04, 2021, 08:00:44 AM »
I saw both US legs. Which sucked for me, because the songs that got cut, are ones I really enjoy and they were amazing live. Especially, The X Aspect.

I saw both legs as well.  And while I also really enjoyed the songs that got cut, I didn't look at the set modification as a downer, because the new songs, while "overplayed," were really fun at the show I attended.  People started an actual mosh pit during Pull Me Under, and everybody was laughing and smiling. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1121 on: January 04, 2021, 08:15:21 AM »
I saw both US legs. Which sucked for me, because the songs that got cut, are ones I really enjoy and they were amazing live. Especially, The X Aspect.

I saw both legs as well.  And while I also really enjoyed the songs that got cut, I didn't look at the set modification as a downer, because the new songs, while "overplayed," were really fun at the show I attended.  People started an actual mosh pit during Pull Me Under, and everybody was laughing and smiling.

It was my first time getting to see TSCO. And since that show I've seen it at all shows I attended since, except 1. And oddly, that was my local show on the I&W&B tour.

So that was a treat for me during my second leg of the tour.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1122 on: January 04, 2021, 08:33:10 AM »

A memory that never gets old! :metal
Interestingly, I saw the modified show in Anaheim, no moshing there!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1123 on: January 04, 2021, 08:33:53 AM »
:lol  I was hoping you'd see that and chime in.  :)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1124 on: January 04, 2021, 10:30:41 AM »
Bosk, If I remember right weren't you at the Reno show?  I was really contemplating making the trip from Wa State for that gig.  It would have been a good excuse for me to finally visit Lake Tahoe, but things didn't work out as planned.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1125 on: January 04, 2021, 10:45:05 AM »
Yeah, I was there.  I saw that show there, their show on the second leg of the DoT tour, and the last G3 tour.  I think I've posted here about how cool it was to have been talking to my current favorite guitar player (JP) after the show and then have my first ever guitar hero (Phil Collen) walk into the room. 

I really like that venue a lot.  Given the choice, I would probably travel there over a Bay Area gig any time (unless there are severe snow storms that make that drive dangerous--which was the case for that TA show).  If you ever do plan to come down to see a show there, let me know.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1126 on: January 04, 2021, 10:59:57 AM »
That would be awesome! I will certainly let you know if that happens.  :coolio
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1127 on: January 24, 2021, 09:07:55 AM »
Five whole years since release this week, it's amazing, or perhaps astonishing, that it's been that long. So to commemorate, I decided to listen to The Astonishing, an album I've not been particularly keen on, and have been massively critical towards. This might be the first time I've listened in 2 years. I'm listening to an abridged version I got from someone here years ago, with a couple of tweaks I made. It's about 75 minutes long, includes all the NOMAC tracks, cuts much of the filler (to me) out, keeps all the strong tunes in place, and is WAY more enjoyable to listen to than I ever remember listening to the full version of TA. I recall the whole album having a lot of tracks with slow piano intros and other uninteresting music/sound effects, but this abridged version is quite energetic, diverse in sounds, seems to have cut out a lot of the cheesy Disney Theater moments. This abridged version flows well and allows me to focus on the good stuff more.

If this was the final album, I would be less critical of the album, and I would praise it as the best DT album of the Mangini era and one that I would argue could stand with any Portnoy era album, at least since FII. TA is a great example of where an outside producer could have come in an helped whittle the album down a bit. I always felt that the album was way too bloated and really brought it down for me, and when it came out, it really solidified my disappointment in Dream Theater's music post-Portnoy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 09:16:41 AM by darkshade »

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1128 on: January 24, 2021, 09:40:09 AM »
Five whole years since release this week, it's amazing, or perhaps astonishing, that it's been that long. So to commemorate, I decided to listen to The Astonishing, an album I've not been particularly keen on, and have been massively critical towards. This might be the first time I've listened in 2 years. I'm listening to an abridged version I got from someone here years ago, with a couple of tweaks I made. It's about 75 minutes long, includes all the NOMAC tracks, cuts much of the filler (to me) out, keeps all the strong tunes in place, and is WAY more enjoyable to listen to than I ever remember listening to the full version of TA. I recall the whole album having a lot of tracks with slow piano intros and other uninteresting music/sound effects, but this abridged version is quite energetic, diverse in sounds, seems to have cut out a lot of the cheesy Disney Theater moments. This abridged version flows well and allows me to focus on the good stuff more.

If this was the final album, I would be less critical of the album, and I would praise it as the best DT album of the Mangini era and one that I would argue could stand with any Portnoy era album, at least since FII. TA is a great example of where an outside producer could have come in an helped whittle the album down a bit. I always felt that the album was way too bloated and really brought it down for me, and when it came out, it really solidified my disappointment in Dream Theater's music post-Portnoy.

How would you have felt if JP released it under a different label? Basically, gave it a Savatage --> Trans-Siberian Orchestra treatment.

Now I think about it, Christmas Eve( Saravejo) is a fantastic example of how a simple label change can affect a persons perspective. In this case, Savatage fans know what to expect with Trans-Siberian Orchestra, casual fans whom just listened to Trans-Siberian Orchestra do Christmas Eve (Saravejo) expect a christmas cover rock orchestra, not orginial music. And Yet, Trans-Siberian Orchestra is more well known than Savatage.

I just like how you said, I'm listening to The Astonishing to commemorate, and then go to say an Abridged Version.  :lol :lol

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1129 on: January 24, 2021, 10:13:43 AM »

How would you have felt if JP released it under a different label? Basically, gave it a Savatage --> Trans-Siberian Orchestra treatment.

Now I think about it, Christmas Eve( Saravejo) is a fantastic example of how a simple label change can affect a persons perspective. In this case, Savatage fans know what to expect with Trans-Siberian Orchestra, casual fans whom just listened to Trans-Siberian Orchestra do Christmas Eve (Saravejo) expect a christmas cover rock orchestra, not orginial music. And Yet, Trans-Siberian Orchestra is more well known than Savatage.

I just like how you said, I'm listening to The Astonishing to commemorate, and then go to say an Abridged Version.  :lol :lol

I would appreciate it more if it was

John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess
               Presents:
  A Dream Theater Production
       "THE ASTONISHING"
     feat. Kevin James LaBrie

Yea, but mostly because I have no desire to listen to the whole thing.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1130 on: January 24, 2021, 10:20:57 AM »

I would appreciate it more if it was

John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess
               Presents:
  A Dream Theater Production
       "THE ASTONISHING"
     feat. Kevin James LaBrie

Yea, but mostly because I have no desire to listen to the whole thing.

It'd still be the same music, and the same exact album. So why would a name affect how you perceive the album? And I find that an odd thing of the mind, how a label can affect your enjoyment of the music, even though it's the same exact music just labeled differently.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1131 on: January 24, 2021, 10:23:27 AM »
With all due respect, any suggestion that the band should have released TA under anything other than the Dream Theater is kooky talk.  It was written by members of Dream Theater and performed by Dream Theater.  It is as much a Dream Theater album as any of the other 13.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1132 on: January 24, 2021, 10:35:26 AM »
With all due respect, any suggestion that the band should have released TA under anything other than the Dream Theater is kooky talk.  It was written by members of Dream Theater and performed by Dream Theater.  It is as much a Dream Theater album as any of the other 13.

Yea but I look at WDADU as Majesty's one and only album, especially since that it was originally intended to be a Majesty album, IaW as the band's true debut, Six Degrees suite as an album in and of itself within another album, and LTE 1 and 2 as quasi Dream Theater albums as it's 3/4 of 00s DT and they had no problem injecting some of that stuff into their live shows. So I also look at TA as a Dream Theater-related production featuring all the current members of the band because it's far removed from a typical Dream Theater album and is more or less JP's baby. I also don't hear evolution in the band's sound on TA, it's like they took the DT12 sound and Disneyfied it and presented it as a Broadway production soundtrack, whereas DoT sounds more like a follow-up to DT12, and "the next chapter in the story."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1133 on: January 24, 2021, 10:37:43 AM »

Exactly. I agree it still is a Dream Theater album. And I do hear Dream Theater when I listen to it. It just didn't fit in with people's perceptions of what they expect Dream Theater to be, and what they expect from Dream Theater. Those are what I do not have, and do not have with any band. Being labeled Progressive is a double edged sword, because you are able to experiment, but then that experimentation may be the sharper edge of that sword, and if you don't experiment, you are now "Playing it safe" the duller side of the sword.

It's why I am just laughing at all the Steven Wilson fans who feel forsaken by Steven for making The Future Bites. I think that concept and the music style Steven Wilson used, along with the lyrics, is damn genius, it's perfect. And the music video for Personal Shopper, best shows that concept exactly, and the style of music used for that song, and using a high profile celebrity musician just to say things from a shopping list is brilliant.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1134 on: January 24, 2021, 10:38:32 AM »

Yea but I look at WDADU as Majesty's one and only album, especially since that it was originally intended to be a Majesty album, IaW as the band's true debut, Six Degrees suite as an album in and of itself within another album, and LTE 1 and 2 as quasi Dream Theater albums as it's 3/4 of 00s DT and they had no problem injecting some of that stuff into their live shows. So I also look at TA as a Dream Theater-related production featuring all the current members of the band because it's far removed from a typical Dream Theater album and is more or less JP's baby. I also don't hear evolution in the band's sound on TA, it's like they took the DT12 sound and Disneyfied it and presented it as a Broadway production soundtrack, whereas DoT sounds more like a follow-up to DT12.

Again Labels...

If that had been released as Majesty, we wouldn't have no Dream Theater.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1135 on: January 24, 2021, 10:45:18 AM »

Yea but I look at WDADU as Majesty's one and only album, especially since that it was originally intended to be a Majesty album, IaW as the band's true debut, Six Degrees suite as an album in and of itself within another album, and LTE 1 and 2 as quasi Dream Theater albums as it's 3/4 of 00s DT and they had no problem injecting some of that stuff into their live shows. So I also look at TA as a Dream Theater-related production featuring all the current members of the band because it's far removed from a typical Dream Theater album and is more or less JP's baby. I also don't hear evolution in the band's sound on TA, it's like they took the DT12 sound and Disneyfied it and presented it as a Broadway production soundtrack, whereas DoT sounds more like a follow-up to DT12.

Again Labels...

If that had been released as Majesty, we wouldn't have no Dream Theater.

Yea, but the name change was forced on the band, after the album was completed and artwork already made. Having a different singer, one not nearly as talented as JLB, a recording that was amateurish compared to any of the other albums, a band that still had that high school band sound to them, where they hadn't developed their song writing craft quite well yet, it sounds more like a demo than a proper album. Then almost 4 years before IaW?? A young band like that in the late 80s/early 90s should have put out another 2 albums in that time, but instead they worked on new material to perfection, and waited for a new singer who could handle their style of music, while working under a new band name. So for all intents and purposes, IaW is the debut of Dream Theater.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1136 on: January 24, 2021, 11:04:11 AM »

Yea but I look at WDADU as Majesty's one and only album, especially since that it was originally intended to be a Majesty album, IaW as the band's true debut, Six Degrees suite as an album in and of itself within another album, and LTE 1 and 2 as quasi Dream Theater albums as it's 3/4 of 00s DT and they had no problem injecting some of that stuff into their live shows. So I also look at TA as a Dream Theater-related production featuring all the current members of the band because it's far removed from a typical Dream Theater album and is more or less JP's baby. I also don't hear evolution in the band's sound on TA, it's like they took the DT12 sound and Disneyfied it and presented it as a Broadway production soundtrack, whereas DoT sounds more like a follow-up to DT12, and "the next chapter in the story."

Can you give an explanation to "evolution of sound" and what you would have done differently to make the "sound" different other than making a different playlist?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1137 on: January 24, 2021, 11:26:39 AM »

Yea but I look at WDADU as Majesty's one and only album, especially since that it was originally intended to be a Majesty album,

Irrelevent.

Or can we say Scenes from a Memory is not a real DT album because Metropolis Part 2 was originally intended to be part of Falling into Infinity?

So I also look at TA as a Dream Theater-related production featuring all the current members of the band because it's far removed from a typical Dream Theater album and is more or less JP's baby.

Was Space Dye Vest not a real DT song despite featuring all of the current members of the band at the time because it was too far moved from a typical Dream Theater song and was Kevin Moore's baby?

Note: Mike Portnoy all but taking this stance years ago is irrelevant.

I also don't hear evolution in the band's sound on TA, it's like they took the DT12 sound and Disneyfied it and presented it as a Broadway production soundtrack, whereas DoT sounds more like a follow-up to DT12, and "the next chapter in the story."

Irrelevant.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1138 on: January 24, 2021, 03:56:32 PM »
Some people just have really odd ways of looking at things.  :dunno:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1139 on: January 25, 2021, 02:59:12 AM »
The hate for The Astonishing just makes me love it even more. I never understand when people HATE an album simply because the band tries something new.

And not because the album in question is genuinely dreadful.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1140 on: January 25, 2021, 03:57:05 PM »
Ahh, The Astonishing. The gift that keeps on giving.

The hate for The Astonishing just makes me love it even more. I never understand when people HATE an album simply because the band tries something new.

I hear you.

People for years: It would be amazing if Jordan stopped needlessly wanking on his keyboard and played some laid back piano for a change.
*they put out The Astonishing*
People for years: It would be amazing if they explored more JLB's more mellow side, as that part of his voice is still very strong.
People for years: It would be amazing if they put out a concept album. Maybe a double album concept album that is super melody oriented.
People by the time TA was released: WTF is this.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:46:27 PM by DarkLord_Lalinc »
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1141 on: January 25, 2021, 04:08:33 PM »

I hear you.

People for years: It would be amazing if Jordan stopped needlessly wanking on his keyboard and played some laid back piano for a change.
People for years: It would be amazing if they explored more JLB's more mellow side, as that part of his voice is still very strong.
People for years: It would be amazing if they put out a concept album. Maybe a double album concept album that super melody oriented.
People by the time TA was released: WTF is this.

Two things DT way underutilized for years....piano and JLB's range. The Astonishing gave us both.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1142 on: January 25, 2021, 07:17:49 PM »

I hear you.

People for years: It would be amazing if they put out a concept album. Maybe a double album concept album that super melody oriented.
People by the time TA was released: THAT'S NOT WHAT WE WANT.

fix'd  :biggrin:

Expectations, man.  They wanted an album exactly like SFAM, meaning, they were already basing The Astonishing and comparing it with SFAM. The fans were not expecting a full on Rock Opera. I expected a Rock Opera based on the descriptions the band gave. And I love how they decided to make the characters have Musical Themes, You can hear them with The Brother Theme, Faythes Theme, Nefaryus' Theme.

It's why I love Losing Faythe how it brings Gabriels, Faythes, and Nefaryus' Themes into one song, and also Anabelles and Xanders, Xanders Theme is when they bring in the Boys Choir, it's cool how Nefaryus sings Gabriels Theme, signifying the unity of Nefaryus for Gabriel to use his gift, He is singing Gabriels song to him so he can sing and bring Faythe back.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1143 on: January 25, 2021, 07:31:38 PM »
I love The Astonishing because they used my name for the main character/savior :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #1144 on: January 25, 2021, 08:38:03 PM »
My dislike for this album comes in no part from my expectations of it. By the time it was released, I was slowly starting to consider myself merely a casual fan of the band's new music. They were already becoming a band whose new material I would be sure to check out, but were no longer in my main radar necessarily. I wasn't going in expecting Metropolis Pt. 3, Scenes From a Memory Pt. 2 ", or a masterpiece or anything. But what I got was very much an album not for me.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1145 on: January 25, 2021, 10:39:46 PM »
I love The Astonishing because they used my name for the main character/savior :biggrin:

There's a character named Gzarruk??  How did I miss that??  :eek

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1146 on: January 26, 2021, 01:00:26 AM »
While of course I understand that The Astonishing is not everyone's cup of tea, I can't see how it could be seen as anything else than a DT album.

It's their version of a rock opera... but it's still DT. Not even on my first listening I thought "wow, this is so completely different from everything they've ever done, if it was not for James singing I wouldn't even recognize the band".... heck no, the fact that Petrucci and Rudess wrote it and played on it is so evident and clear.

Judas Priest's Nostradamus was far more removed from Priest's usual sound that The Astonishing ever is.... you could take at least half of the songs and spread them over the other Mangini albums and they would fit nicely.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1147 on: January 26, 2021, 08:26:36 AM »
While of course I understand that The Astonishing is not everyone's cup of tea, I can't see how it could be seen as anything else than a DT album.

It's their version of a rock opera... but it's still DT. Not even on my first listening I thought "wow, this is so completely different from everything they've ever done, if it was not for James singing I wouldn't even recognize the band".... heck no, the fact that Petrucci and Rudess wrote it and played on it is so evident and clear.

Judas Priest's Nostradamus was far more removed from Priest's usual sound that The Astonishing ever is.... you could take at least half of the songs and spread them over the other Mangini albums and they would fit nicely.

The irony is in the lyrics though..."People just don't have the time for music anymore"

Which means, sitting down, listening to an entire album, without a concern of the outside world. And letting it take you on a journey, let the music take you on an experience.

See, I know that people listen to music differently. Mostly everyone listens to music for background noise, and just something to have on while doing work. Actually, listening to music directly without disruption requires time. People don't either have the time, due to work, or just don't want to put away what they feel like doing to listen to an album of music. They'd rather watch the movie and the video.

This is really more Broadway than Rock Opera, in the terms of approach. Each song is literally a scene, with a location and a time of day. I think JP had this in mind when writing, and him and JR had it in mind to compose it, so they wouldn't have to tinker much, if it does get a theater production with a cast.

Unlike Hadestown which went through some major changes and adding songs. But, I prefer the album and also enjoy the broadway theater production.

I've been to actual Operas at our Santa Fe Opera. And you can't even talk loud, or else you'd get escorted out, and I can imagine how they are with the phones now. So it doesn't surprise me that Dream Theater and their management decided to be as strict with the phones. They want you to pay attention to the show, and enjoy the concept and the story. They wanted an Opera style experience.

And I don't know what stupid hidden rule is there for people to sit at a rock show/rock concert. I will tell you, it sucks being short and stuck sitting behind someone tall. So if I stand o have a better experience. If I sit I won't have a better experience at all, while the guy behind me will. Fuck that. I didn't say anything either to the guy behind telling me to sit down during Rush. My friend actually told that guy "Dude, it's a rock concert." And we stood for a while then sat down because that guy was going all Karen. Staff can't do shit either...

I do appreciate though at General Admission shows when the tall people will let me go in front of them or let to get to the spot where there is no tall people but a good space where I could see between crowd.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1148 on: January 26, 2021, 08:29:21 AM »

It's in the book ;D :lol

This. It's an album written by Dream Theater members, recorded by Dream Theater and released under the DT name. How's that *not* a DT album? :facepalm:

I guess Wither isn't a DT song either, because it was only written by JP? SDV?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1149 on: January 26, 2021, 09:19:27 AM »

It's in the book ;D :lol

This. It's an album written by Dream Theater members, recorded by Dream Theater and released under the DT name. How's that *not* a DT album? :facepalm:

I guess Wither isn't a DT song either, because it was only written by JP? SDV?

Exactly my point about Labeling and why I find it particularly odd how just a simple name change can affect a persons perspective of the music. It's still the same people making the same music.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1150 on: January 26, 2021, 01:03:53 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's NOT a character named "Stadler" in the book.  :) :) :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1151 on: January 26, 2021, 01:11:07 PM »
Yes, there is.  Well, sort of.  There is a character named simply "Bill," who seems to have some sort of split personality disorder (although the story does not flesh that out specifically).  His other personality can best be described as evil incarnate, and the other characters refer to it as "Stadler."  So, no, he isn't a separate "character" per se, but he is there.  There is a very steamy, riske scene between the "Stadler" personality and the character called "Adami," but I won't spoil it.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1152 on: January 26, 2021, 02:04:59 PM »
Yes, there is.  Well, sort of.  There is a character named simply "Bill," who seems to have some sort of split personality disorder (although the story does not flesh that out specifically).  His other personality can best be described as evil incarnate, and the other characters refer to it as "Stadler."  So, no, he isn't a separate "character" per se, but he is there.  There is a very steamy, riske scene between the "Stadler" personality and the character called "Adami," but I won't spoil it.

The editor's cut has a Rodrigo in it.

Offline Lupton

« Reply #1153 on: January 26, 2021, 02:29:23 PM »
Well...my sister decided to name her latest Evangeline around same time this release came out. Pure coincidence, as she would not be aware of this band.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1154 on: January 26, 2021, 02:53:33 PM »
I look at WDADU as Majesty's one and only album, especially since that it was originally intended to be a Majesty album, IaW as the band's true debut, Six Degrees suite as an album in and of itself within another album, and LTE 1 and 2 as quasi Dream Theater albums as it's 3/4 of 00s DT and they had no problem injecting some of that stuff into their live shows. So I also look at TA as a Dream Theater-related production featuring all the current members of the band because it's far removed from a typical Dream Theater album and is more or less JP's baby.
???
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.