Author Topic: Time Shift Accident - Chronosthesia (feat. members of Relocator & Effloresce)  (Read 631 times)

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce you to a wonderful band that I've been a part of for over four years now. We've mostly focused on local gigs so far (except for one very cool gig at Prog Invasion in the Netherlands last year), but after a couple of personnel changes I feel we have a very strong and focused lineup and so we decided to finally record an album - it's called Chronosthesia and it'll be released September 27!

I'd say our music is an instrumental yet song-oriented prog/fusion mix with plenty of melody and cool grooves. You may know me (bass) from Relocator, which was stylistically pretty close to what we're doing with Time Shift Accident. Dave Mola (guitar) has, of course, shown his prog metal chops with Effloresce before, while Günter W. Schmuck (keys) has a background in jazz, fusion and latin and has contributed three pieces to the album And Paul Ettl (drums) can basically play any combination of those styles and make it sound good.

The album contains 8 songs, adding up to about an hour of music. Two of the tracks are 10+ minute epics, so if you liked Aaviskhar and The Alchemist from the Relocator album, you're probably gonna dig these a lot! :) It was mixed and mastered by Alex Argento (Icefish, Virgil Donati). Check out these samples we just posted today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZeXDu26Kds

The album will be released on Generation Prog Records and can be pre-ordered here (with an instant download on request):
http://www.generation-prog.com/?page_id=1172

After an album release gig in Nürnberg next Friday we'll play a number of gigs across Germany and the Netherlands supporting the great District 97 on their European tour:

Sept. 27: Nürnberg, MUZclub - Album release show, with Syncromind Project and Gerald Peter Project
Sept. 30: Berlin, Burg Schnabel - with District 97 and Mt. Amber
Oct. 1: Oberhausen, Zentrum Altenberg - with District 97 and Amberfield
Oct. 2: Rüsselsheim, Das Rind - with District 97
Oct. 3: Zoetermeer, De Boerderij - with District 97

Hope you like what you hear! And maybe I'll see some of you at one of the gigs? :)

All the best,
Michael
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:13:28 AM by Kyo »
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
It's release day for Chronosthesia - if you're curious, you can now stream the full album on Bandcamp.  :smiley:
https://generationprog.bandcamp.com/album/chronosthesia

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm really enjoying this record. I'm both enjoying the musicianship and wanting to get up and move to the rhythm. This will likely enter my current record rotation  :smiley:
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
Heh, I almost forgot about this thread.

I'm really enjoying this record. I'm both enjoying the musicianship and wanting to get up and move to the rhythm. This will likely enter my current record rotation  :smiley:

Thanks, Nekov!  :D

Anyone else give it a try? We've had very positive reviews so far, so I'm a bit surprised to see it get so little attention here.