Author Topic: Trump Tweets (sorry Stadler)  (Read 50334 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Trump Tweets (sorry Stadler)
« Reply #1225 on: June 09, 2019, 07:31:36 AM »
I had a class kind of similar to that in High School. It was actually three classes, each on dedicated to the 60's, 70's, and 80's but at the start of the class we'd review the headlines of the paper. Occasionally we'd have to debate things from the paper and one half of the room would have to take an opposing stance from the other.

Me too. And I think it really made me more open minded and be able to cool my jets when the primal part of my brain got tied to a position, so that I could try and step back and see things from both sides. It was a really helpful exercise.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #1226 on: June 09, 2019, 06:38:47 PM »
I had a class kind of similar to that in High School. It was actually three classes, each on dedicated to the 60's, 70's, and 80's but at the start of the class we'd review the headlines of the paper. Occasionally we'd have to debate things from the paper and one half of the room would have to take an opposing stance from the other.

Reap, TOTALLY not directing this at you, but your post triggered something, so bear with me. This is about the last sentence only, not you.

I think that's part of the problem.   "Pick a side and argue it" is a decent skill to have, IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS.  It's a skillset, but it does NOT mean that either side is worthy of argument, and while I'm usually the one arguing that here, it's not ALWAYS the case.   There's no "other side" to evolution, for example.  There's no "other side" to "the earth was created 4 something billion years ago". 

Too much of politics is "eh, I don't know what the facts are, but it SOUNDS right that we give free tuition!  It SOUNDS right to ban guns!   It SOUNDS right to ban weed!"    We need to stop arguing both sides, and start ASSEMBLING FACTS.   It's fine if Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or Ted Cruz plants the seed of an idea in your head, but to believe what they say, with no research, no insight, no digging in and confirming the facts, is almost negligent.   Yeah, it's a lot of work, but so what?  Anything worthwhile IS a lot of work.   if we took just one night off from watching "The Bachelor" or tweeting likes to cat videos and Christian Bale memes, and spent it doing some research on things that ACTUALLY IMPACT YOUR LIFE, the world - or at least this country - would be a much better place. 

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1227 on: June 10, 2019, 12:56:35 PM »
Thoroughly disagree. As someone who has actually spent their life dedicated to research and fact-assembly as you put it, the amount of time required to actually make informed decisions on even a fraction of all critical issues facing humanity is beyond the scope of a human life. A few nights away from the telly will, in most cases, not lift most people into anywhere near what is needed to make an informed decision.

What is needed is trust in the people who are indeed knowledgeable in their specific areas, and people capable of effectively turning their recommendations into policy, and communicating an abstracted, redacted version to the ignorant masses (which in most cases is the entire population of humanity minus a few thousand individuals.) And we need to ensure that the latter people are actually within a position of power, rather than self centered, short sighted charlatans.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1228 on: June 10, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »
Thoroughly disagree. As someone who has actually spent their life dedicated to research and fact-assembly as you put it, the amount of time required to actually make informed decisions on even a fraction of all critical issues facing humanity is beyond the scope of a human life. A few nights away from the telly will, in most cases, not lift most people into anywhere near what is needed to make an informed decision.

What is needed is trust in the people who are indeed knowledgeable in their specific areas, and people capable of effectively turning their recommendations into policy, and communicating an abstracted, redacted version to the ignorant masses (which in most cases is the entire population of humanity minus a few thousand individuals.) And we need to ensure that the latter people are actually within a position of power, rather than self centered, short sighted charlatans.

I won't argue that; but - at the risk of sounding self-serving here - I don't see a difference in investing the time to understand global warming itself, or investing the time to identify and absorb the EXPERT that understands global warming.   Part of what I'm saying is investing the time to understand WHO is knowledgeable and who can be recommended to provide that advice.   Is Sean Hannity that guy?  No.   Is Bernie Sanders that guy?   No.   Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that guy?  No.  Yet, these are our experts.  These are our go-to people in this regard.

And I still maintain that doing that is "coming to the conclusion, then assembling the facts".    Because I vote Democrat, and Bernie is a Democrat, because I can cotton to the idea of subsidizing tuition for poorer students, and Bernie is advocating tfor that, doesn't make him an expert on national economics.   

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1229 on: June 10, 2019, 01:18:46 PM »

I won't argue that; but - at the risk of sounding self-serving here - I don't see a difference in investing the time to understand global warming itself, or investing the time to identify and absorb the EXPERT that understands global warming.   Part of what I'm saying is investing the time to understand WHO is knowledgeable and who can be recommended to provide that advice.   Is Sean Hannity that guy?  No.   Is Bernie Sanders that guy?   No.   Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that guy?  No.  Yet, these are our experts.  These are our go-to people in this regard.

And I still maintain that doing that is "coming to the conclusion, then assembling the facts".    Because I vote Democrat, and Bernie is a Democrat, because I can cotton to the idea of subsidizing tuition for poorer students, and Bernie is advocating tfor that, doesn't make him an expert on national economics.

but tuition is about a whole lot more than economics. It’s an education issue. 

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1230 on: June 10, 2019, 01:23:27 PM »
Reasonable point, to which I would counter with a couple:

1. Experts in a field are not always the best people to communicate that to people lower down the ladder of knowledge. Sometimes we get a Feynman or a Sagan and end up with someone who is both brilliant at the science and wonderful at communicating it to people without the requisite technical knowledge to fully understand it, but more often than not we need a semi-competent person as a middle go between.

2. Politicians can not, and should not be experts in these fields. They are big picture. Their job is to take the recommendations of experts and make that into broad policy, and communicate those ideas in a succinct way to the masses that they represent.  The reason people go to the Bernies and OACs of the world for their knowledge is precisely because they are the type of people who do (or at least should, I don't deny this does not work perfectly in practice) listen to the relevant experts in deciding their policies, and are, for whatever else you can fault them on, good at communicating that message. Compare this to our commander in chief, who doesn't even listen to the people he ostensibly hires for their competence.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1231 on: June 10, 2019, 05:38:24 PM »

1. Experts in a field are not always the best people to communicate that to people lower down the ladder of knowledge. Sometimes we get a Feynman or a Sagan and end up with someone who is both brilliant at the science and wonderful at communicating it to people without the requisite technical knowledge to fully understand it, but more often than not we need a semi-competent person as a middle go between.

This is what broke my heart about Neil Tyson. He could have been that guy. Listening to him speak pre-fame was almost like listening to Sagan. Then he became this figure who was expected to put those that don't get it in their place instead of engaging in meaningful conversation.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1232 on: June 11, 2019, 08:15:27 AM »

but tuition is about a whole lot more than economics. It’s an education issue.

No doubt.  100% agree.  "Because I vote Democrat, and Bernie is a Democrat, because I can cotton to the idea of subsidizing tuition for poorer students, and Bernie is advocating tfor that, doesn't make him an expert on national economics education."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1233 on: June 11, 2019, 08:23:23 AM »

2. Politicians can not, and should not be experts in these fields. They are big picture. Their job is to take the recommendations of experts and make that into broad policy, and communicate those ideas in a succinct way to the masses that they represent.  The reason people go to the Bernies and OACs of the world for their knowledge is precisely because they are the type of people who do (or at least should, I don't deny this does not work perfectly in practice) listen to the relevant experts in deciding their policies, and are, for whatever else you can fault them on, good at communicating that message. Compare this to our commander in chief, who doesn't even listen to the people he ostensibly hires for their competence.

I agree with almost all of that up to "I don't deny this does not work perfectly in practice", at which point I say "this does not work almost at all in practice".   We're going to blow up the conversation here, and I don't mean to do that, but the two-party system here does not allow for that to happen in real time, to real effect, in real life.   We're having this conversation (well, I am, I don't remember if it's here or at the site I'm cheating on DTF with) about Trump and the GOP; the claim is that he has the GOP held such hostage that rank level GOP politicians cannot voice dissent without fear of ostracizing themselves from the teat.   Make no mistake, the Democrat party works the same way (we saw that with Bernie in 2016).  I make no distinction between Congresspersons and Trump when it comes to this.    The experts selected at the rank and file level are NOT doing what we advocate - taking facts and building up a case - but rather cherry-picking facts that support the predetermined case. 

(I'm not going to continue on the tangent for now, but any reasonable look at the two-party system - and the platforms that the parties occupy - lend creedence to this argument.) 

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1234 on: June 11, 2019, 08:28:41 AM »
I agree with almost all of that up to "I don't deny this does not work perfectly in practice", at which point I say "this does not work almost at all in practice".

We British like understatement. :p

We're going to blow up the conversation here, and I don't mean to do that, but the two-party system here does not allow for that to happen in real time, to real effect, in real life.   We're having this conversation (well, I am, I don't remember if it's here or at the site I'm cheating on DTF with) about Trump and the GOP; the claim is that he has the GOP held such hostage that rank level GOP politicians cannot voice dissent without fear of ostracizing themselves from the teat.   Make no mistake, the Democrat party works the same way (we saw that with Bernie in 2016).  I make no distinction between Congresspersons and Trump when it comes to this. The experts selected at the rank and file level are NOT doing what we advocate - taking facts and building up a case - but rather cherry-picking facts that support the predetermined case. 

(I'm not going to continue on the tangent for now, but any reasonable look at the two-party system - and the platforms that the parties occupy - lend creedence to this argument.) 

I do not disagree. FPTP is a colossal shit.

Offline portnoy311

« Reply #1235 on: June 12, 2019, 09:06:03 PM »

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1236 on: June 13, 2019, 07:22:45 AM »
Anyone have any idea wtf this one means?!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1139000491919204352

is = if (Spell)!

"Nobody knows algebra better than me, believe me"

Looking into it, it seems that this is Trump's way of mocking Chris Cuomo for a typo in one of his tweets (let that sink in).

On an unrelated subject, half an hour ago Trump tweeted out that he met the "Prince of Whales" last week.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts' desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron" - H.L.Mencken, 26th July 1920.

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very very large brain" - American President Donald Trump, September 26th 2018.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #1237 on: June 13, 2019, 07:27:01 AM »
On an unrelated subject, half an hour ago Trump tweeted out that he met the "Prince of Whales" last week.

Jason Momoa?
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1238 on: June 13, 2019, 07:38:06 AM »

Jason Momoa?

:rollin

What a Moby.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1239 on: June 13, 2019, 07:59:09 AM »
Actually I haven't given that tweet the full justice it deserves. Here's the whole thing ("whales" has been corrected):

I meet and talk to “foreign governments” every day. I just met with the Queen of England (U.K.), the Prince of Wales, the P.M. of the United Kingdom, the P.M. of Ireland, the President of France and the President of Poland. We talked about “Everything!” Should I immediately....

....call the FBI about these calls and meetings? How ridiculous! I would never be trusted again. With that being said, my full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1139161442437992448

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1139161443734106112

The context of this is Trump's response yesterday to a question from an ABC News reporter about whether he would accept damaging information on his opponent during the 2020 election campaign, even if it came from a foreign government. Trump replied that he would (not necessarily wrong) and would only report it to the FBI if he personally thought there was "something wrong" (all kinds of wrong).

And so this morning he's kicked into backtracking mode, and the result is a smorgasbord of Trumpisms.

1) This is a rare occasion when he is right to put "foreign governments" in his beloved air quotes, because the "Prince of Wales" is not actually a "foreign government" (not sure about the Prince of Whales, I'm unfamiliar with marine politics).     

2) They talked about "Everything!". No comment. It's just really weird the things he writes sometimes.

3) "I would never be trusted again". He's trolling us here.

4) This whole thing is a minor masterpiece of Trumpian deflection. The context of the question put to him was very clearly regarding the likes of Russia or China, not the English Queen ("Donald? Liz here. We met last week, I was showing you the Royal Guard and you were muttering something about Bette Midler? Anyway, I have some dirt on Joe Biden. The price is 50 grand..."). Notice another trick he often uses:  "My full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters". This is classic Trump. He knows that his MAGA minions will never, ever fact check anything he says, or is said to have said. He doesn't need to provide this fabled "part that matters" himself (the same way he doesn't need to say what the "best part" of his supposed Mexico deal is, he just needs to keep saying "It'll be revealed soon!"). All he needs to do is say "The Fake News lied!". He never needs to provide evidence of their lies. His minions don't require it. It's enough for him to say: don't believe them, believe me. 

5) But I say again, he is a master at controlling the political narrative. His comment yesterday ought to be disturbing. Instead, he's successfully turned it into an attack on the media, and they have backed away because they know that they simply can't beat him at that game.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts' desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron" - H.L.Mencken, 26th July 1920.

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very very large brain" - American President Donald Trump, September 26th 2018.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1240 on: June 13, 2019, 08:54:18 AM »
I just assumed Gordie Howe, but I'm a homer.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1241 on: June 13, 2019, 09:21:42 AM »
Actually I haven't given that tweet the full justice it deserves. Here's the whole thing ("whales" has been corrected):

I meet and talk to “foreign governments” every day. I just met with the Queen of England (U.K.), the Prince of Wales, the P.M. of the United Kingdom, the P.M. of Ireland, the President of France and the President of Poland. We talked about “Everything!” Should I immediately....

....call the FBI about these calls and meetings? How ridiculous! I would never be trusted again. With that being said, my full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1139161442437992448

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1139161443734106112

The context of this is Trump's response yesterday to a question from an ABC News reporter about whether he would accept damaging information on his opponent during the 2020 election campaign, even if it came from a foreign government. Trump replied that he would (not necessarily wrong) and would only report it to the FBI if he personally thought there was "something wrong" (all kinds of wrong).

And so this morning he's kicked into backtracking mode, and the result is a smorgasbord of Trumpisms.

1) This is a rare occasion when he is right to put "foreign governments" in his beloved air quotes, because the "Prince of Wales" is not actually a "foreign government" (not sure about the Prince of Whales, I'm unfamiliar with marine politics).     

2) They talked about "Everything!". No comment. It's just really weird the things he writes sometimes.

3) "I would never be trusted again". He's trolling us here.

4) This whole thing is a minor masterpiece of Trumpian deflection. The context of the question put to him was very clearly regarding the likes of Russia or China, not the English Queen ("Donald? Liz here. We met last week, I was showing you the Royal Guard and you were muttering something about Bette Midler? Anyway, I have some dirt on Joe Biden. The price is 50 grand..."). Notice another trick he often uses:  "My full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters". This is classic Trump. He knows that his MAGA minions will never, ever fact check anything he says, or is said to have said. He doesn't need to provide this fabled "part that matters" himself (the same way he doesn't need to say what the "best part" of his supposed Mexico deal is, he just needs to keep saying "It'll be revealed soon!"). All he needs to do is say "The Fake News lied!". He never needs to provide evidence of their lies. His minions don't require it. It's enough for him to say: don't believe them, believe me. 

5) But I say again, he is a master at controlling the political narrative. His comment yesterday ought to be disturbing. Instead, he's successfully turned it into an attack on the media, and they have backed away because they know that they simply can't beat him at that game.

I don't suggest you're wrong here, as your comments on the linguistics of the Trump Presidency and the propaganda are spot on.   And certainly, it's an easy putt to make the argument that we wouldn't be here but for him, but as to the specific point of "notifying the FBI", this is part of the problem in general here in America.   It's ALWAYS case sensitive.   

Does the DNC getting information from a British agent from a Russian source pass muster? Should that be reported?   John Kerry's international deals?  Do we preclude any contact with certain governments?   I'm not saying they are our friend or that they should be trusted, but in my view the "Russia" angle IS a witch hunt.  In some circles, you mention "Russia" and it's like saying "Satan".   Automatically it's criminal, it's wrong, and it's to be prevented/avoided at all costs.   That's as big a problem for global geopolitics as anything that Trump has "tweeted".  Russia is arguably the world power we should be talking to MOST (at least outside of our immediate, close allies, like the UK). 

But this is an adage in the legal field:  "good cases make bad law".  We see something that we FEEL like we should do something about, and focus so hard on the specific issue at hand that we lose sight of the bigger picture.   Many government positions require judgment; some of us don't like Trump's judgment, but to me the answer isn't to put a bunch of rules in place that don't solve the problem, and only serve to make more grounds for petty, partisan arguments.   

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1242 on: June 13, 2019, 02:01:04 PM »
President Trump, 1 hour ago:

While I very much appreciate P.M. Abe going to Iran to meet with Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, I personally feel that it is too soon to even think about making a deal. They are not ready, and neither are we!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1139236468365434880

Ayatollah Khamenei, 10 hours earlier:

We have no doubt in @abeshinzo’s goodwill and seriousness; but regarding what you mentioned from U.S. president, I don’t consider Trump as a person deserving to exchange messages with; I have no response for him & will not answer him.

https://twitter.com/khamenei_ir/status/1139098803024347136

(The Ayatollah's Twitter is worth following by the way, some good stuff there).

What's happened here: Trump asked Shinzo Abe to go to Iran and try and broker a face-saving deal. Iran said Trump and his threats can go and fuck themselves, they don't engage with bullies. Trump then played the "Err...yeah, you know what, they're not ready for a deal yet and neither are we" card. He knows that his minions will never know that it was he who asked Shinzo to go there in the first place.

And as I write this Pompeo is continuing to make his Administration the laughing stock of the world by expecting everyone to simply believe him that Iran was behind the Gulf of Oman tanker attacks this morning. He has provided not one shred of evidence for this claim (isn't it incredible how swiftly America is able to carry out investigations - just a few hours between initial incident and definite conclusion about who did it). Just as they still have not provided any evidence that Iran was behind the similar attack off the coast of UAE last month. But hey, when has America ever needed to present evidence?

Trump really wants out of this mess, I almost feel sorry for him. This is the kind of thing he absolutely does not want during his presidency, he's not confident with this kind of thing. I think even he knows he is relatively clueless about the mechanics of planning and fighting very long and complex wars, and he won't like being out of control and leaving everything up to other people (whereas he knows that he - not Bolton or Pompeo - will get all the blame whenever US troops die). He's been backed into a corner by Bolton, Bibi and bin Salman and now he's been reduced to asking Japan to help him get a deal.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:23:21 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1243 on: June 13, 2019, 02:10:07 PM »
The conservative narrative on this is astonishing. Iran is lashing out in hopes that it'll increase global pressure for the US to let off on the devastating sanctions President Trump has put upon them. I don't understand how this is even supposed to work. It's like saying a linebacker delivered a late hit in the hopes that the referee will talk the other team into taking it easy on them. In the meantime they're suggesting that Saudi Arabia would never do something that might jeopardize relations with us. And of course only a Jew-hating neo-nazi would consider Israeli involvement. This whole thing is really quite remarkable.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1244 on: June 13, 2019, 02:13:21 PM »
The conservative narrative on this is astonishing. Iran is lashing out in hopes that it'll increase global pressure for the US to let off on the devastating sanctions President Trump has put upon them. I don't understand how this is even supposed to work. It's like saying a linebacker delivered a late hit in the hopes that the referee will talk the other team into taking it easy on them. In the meantime they're suggesting that Saudi Arabia would never do something that might jeopardize relations with us. And of course only a Jew-hating neo-nazi would consider Israeli involvement. This whole thing is really quite remarkable.

Honestly, I doubt Israel actually had much to do with this one. Not because they wouldn't want to, but because if it ever got out as fact (which it would eventually) it would cause a TON of problems for them. But you have Saudi at war with Yemen, Saudi wanting someone to go to war with Iran, etc. This shouldn't be TOO hard to figure out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: June 13, 2019, 02:21:09 PM »

That makes zero sense.  Zero.  (The conservative narrative, that is, not your post).

My money is on Saudi Arabia, actually.  They act with impunity; I do not believe that they think there is any single act that can ultimately and irreparably jeopardize their relationship with us.   

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1246 on: June 14, 2019, 01:53:15 PM »
Behold the 5-times draft-dodging veteran-attacking paragon of American patriotism Donald Trump:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1139560651666415616

More seriously, this is yet another example of stuff that would have been considered obscene just 5 years ago which nowadays washes by without a single mention. If you have a 'Flag Day', fair enough, celebrate that (silly though I think it is). But for this gurning dipshit to worm his way into it and make it all about himself and how much "I LOVE OUR BEUTIFULL USA!!!"...this is not normal. It can't be said often enough. This shit is not normal.

I've said it before but it will never fail to amaze me how this self-interested, uniquely disinterested-in-American-history, semi-literate, draft-dodging disgrace of a citizen who mocks his own Vietnam veterans for "getting caught" has managed to convince his minions that he is the embodiment of American patriotism in 2019. All by hugging a flag, telling those black "sons of bitches" to stand up for "OUR BUITIFUL FLAG!!!", and Tweeting out some nationalist slogans 5 times a week. And now to cap it off, 'Flag Day' has become 'Look at me hugging the flag like a fucking moron' day.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:12:12 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #1247 on: June 14, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
He looks like a dog trying to hump it.
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1248 on: June 14, 2019, 02:59:23 PM »
Sometimes people are thought of SO much as a failure, that we get really excited that they exhibit basic level of functioning and no longer care when they don't.

I've met people who have adult kids who are so worthless that nothing the kid can do can even upset the parent because the parents have been so fully defeated. But if that kid like passes a drug test or gets a job flipping burgers? It's a damn miracle worth celebrating.

Just an observation.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1249 on: June 16, 2019, 02:19:08 PM »
A poll should be done on which is the more dishonest and deceitful newspaper, the Failing New York Times or the Amazon (lobbyist) Washington Post! They are both a disgrace to our Country, the Enemy of the People, but I just can’t seem to figure out which is worse? The good.....

.....news is that at the end of 6 years, after America has been made GREAT again and I leave the beautiful White House (do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT), both of these horrible papers will quickly go out of business & be forever gone!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1140252528304631808

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1140252529428717568

1. Brand two of America's most provably accurate newspapers "the Enemy of the People" (not long after he proclaimed the National Enquirer - owned by his friend and sycophant-in-chief David Pecker - to be a reliable source of information) and promise their ultimate demise.

2. Float the idea of his Brownshirts fans demanding he stay beyond his terms.

It's not normal, guys and gals. It needs repeating over and over and over again lest everyone becomes completely desensitised to it: this shit right here is just not normal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:24:16 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1250 on: June 16, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
And 2 days after he makes 'Flag Day' all about himself, Fathers' Day suffers the same demeaning fate:

Happy Father’s Day to all, including my worst and most vicious critics, of which there are fewer and fewer. This is a FANTASTIC time to be an American! KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1140256498561536000

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1251 on: June 22, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »
I never called the strike against Iran “BACK,” as people are incorrectly reporting, I just stopped it from going forward at this time!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1142567481124503552

Please see the Iran thread for proper discussion of this ludicrous situation he's got himself into ("I didn't say turn right, I said turn the opposite of left!") and is needlessly continuing to dig the hole even deeper for himself. I want the Iran thread to be a place to properly talk about the situation, so I'm keeping dumb shit like this out of it. Suffice here to say, this is really nagging at him. He's under enormous pressure (from previously friendly voices) over the way he handled this, and it's annoying him enormously.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1252 on: June 27, 2019, 11:20:17 AM »
For tonight’s #DemDebate, be sure to follow @TeamTrump, @TrumpWarRoom, @Parscale, @KayleighMcEnany, @TimMurtaugh, and @Marc_Lotter for RAPID RESPONSE, FACT CHECKING, and the TRUTH! #MAGA #KAG Sorry, I’m on Air Force One, off to save the Free World!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1144021236764164096

1. Donald 10,000 lies since inauguration Trump wants the Democratic debate to be fact checked.

2. Donald Saudi Arabia pay us good money for the right to commit war crimes Trump is "off to save the Free World!"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:59:42 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1253 on: June 27, 2019, 04:02:34 PM »
So the Supreme Court blocked Trump's attempt to add a question about citizenship to the census.  Now Trump is tweeting he's asked his lawyers about delaying the census.

Somebody hasn't read The Constitution.....

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1254 on: June 28, 2019, 06:12:28 PM »
After some very important meetings, including my meeting with President Xi of China, I will be leaving Japan for South Korea (with President Moon). While there, if Chairman Kim of North Korea sees this, I would meet him at the Border/DMZ just to shake his hand and say Hello(?)!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1144740178948493314

Context: it is the early hours of the morning now in Osaka as Trump begins the most important day of the G20 summit, and this is what he woke up thinking.

These kinds of tweets serve the useful purpose of reminding us just how extraordinarily weird things now are. If you had told Kim Jong-un 3 years ago that he would have the American President himself sending him love notes on Twitter asking for a quick tryst beneath the DMZ moonlight when his mind should be on meeting with actual world leaders, even that psychotic lunatic wouldn't have believed it. And yet here we are.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1255 on: July 11, 2019, 07:53:09 AM »
A big subject today at the White House Social Media Summit will be the tremendous dishonesty, bias, discrimination and suppression practiced by certain companies. We will not let them get away with it much longer. The Fake News Media will also be there, but for a limited period...

....The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator with the person who was to become your future First Lady. When I ultimately leave office in six......

....years, or maybe 10 or 14 (just kidding), they will quickly go out of business for lack of credibility, or approval, from the public. That’s why they will all be Endorsing me at some point, one way or the other. Could you imagine having Sleepy Joe Biden, or @AlfredENeuman99...

...or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius! Sorry to say that even Social Media would be driven out of business along with, and finally, the Fake News Media!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1149279679045672961

1. Mr 10,000 Lies Since Inauguration, most of them told via social media, is ranting about dishonesty on social media.

1b. Mr Court Just Ordered Him To Stop Banning Critics From His Twitter is ranting about discrimination and suppression on social media.

2. That stuff about ignoring term limits - he's not 'joking'. In the beginning he would float this idea perhaps once every 2 months. Now he's doing it about once a week, and his usual throng of cowed and neutered lapdogs (Lindsey Graham, Steve Scalise, etc) gleefully support him with it, while the rest of the spineless GOP remain deathly silent. Since these people have no issue with Trump "joking" about ripping up the 22nd Amendment, my suggestion for the Dems is to "joke" about ripping up the 2nd and see whether the Republicans have the same good humour about it.

3. "AlfredENeuman" is his nickname for Pete Buttigieg. Ideally he wishes he could simply nickname him the cocksucking faggot and have his minions chant that at his rallies but America isn't quite there yet so he settles for doing that thing he does: reducing very highly educated people to the most ludicrous caricature possible. It used to be one of the honours of an American president to celebrate its highest achieving citizens (which Buttigieg is) and hold them up as examples to aspire to. Trump prefers to mock them. For Donald Trump's political career to exist he needs the ignorant and the uniformed. Thoughtful and educated people like Pete Buttigieg are a threat. 

4. "...a skinny version of Pocahontas". The MAGA minions love this kind of thing. Trump mocking the appearance of women is high comedy to them, they find it hilarious. Quite honestly, it's hilarious to me too. Not because of his mockery of how people look but because of the irony of watching an inbred mass of knuckle-scraping pond life find humour in attacking the appearance of others. 

5. "...and smart, a true Stable Genius".

From the archives:

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

Offline Kattelox

• Heart of an Eagle
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1256 on: July 11, 2019, 08:02:03 AM »
He talks like a flustered Office character.
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1257 on: July 11, 2019, 08:08:42 AM »
Missed one: "1000/24th" is the Stable Genius' mangled attempt to relay the news that Elizabeth Warren's DNA test showed she may be 1/1024th Native American. Either that or it's a coded way of suggesting George H.W.Bush was Satan (1000/24 = 41.666). More likely, Mr The Federal Reserve Has No Idea What It's Doing struggles with basic math notation.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1258 on: July 11, 2019, 09:05:55 AM »
Mexico is doing great at the Border, but China is letting us down in that they have not been buying the agricultural products from our great Farmers that they said they would. Hopefully they will start soon!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1149318492711264257

Because multi-billion dollar agricultural trade agreements are made by verbal promise.

This is one of those tweets that reveal 2 things: 1) how stunningly full of shit Trump is, and 2) how confident he is that his target audience will be too dumb to pick up on it. Does he seriously expect people to believe that issues like this are based around 'promises'? The answer is yes, he does. 

What's actually happened here is that China never made any promises to buy "more agricultural product". The only source for this claim is Donald Trump and his aim in making it was to shift the blame for America's struggling farming industry away from his self-inflicted trade war onto someone else. He banks on his fans not knowing that governments don't make trade deals based on a gentlemen's agreement (and incidentally if I were a farmer reading this tweet I'd be shitting myself that my President is apparently so gullible).

Offline portnoy311

« Reply #1259 on: July 11, 2019, 10:50:30 AM »
Missed one: "1000/24th" is the Stable Genius' mangled attempt to relay the news that Elizabeth Warren's DNA test showed she may be 1/1024th Native American. Either that or it's a coded way of suggesting George H.W.Bush was Satan (1000/24 = 41.666). More likely, Mr The Federal Reserve Has No Idea What It's Doing struggles with basic math notation.

Mr and Mrs Stable Genius also rode that escalator in 2015, he was elected in November of 2016. He has no idea what the hell he's even talking about when recalling his own actions.