Author Topic: Trump Tweets (sorry Stadler)  (Read 27661 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
Re: Trump Tweets (sorry Stadler)
« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »
I've always thought Trump being sympathetic during tragedies would be something he'd struggle with.  I was surprised that he hanled Vegas fairly well, but then he does this?  I don't care if he is right or wrong here, just stop.  If he was someone truly about "winning" he would know starting this battle of words about soldiers dying is never a winning situation for anyone.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #281 on: October 24, 2017, 01:23:50 PM »
Melania Trump launched her anti-bullying campaign today and gave a rousing speech about the need to clamp down on immature and hurtful name-calling in our society.

In separate news, American President Donald Trump continued to hone his Twitter nicknames for political rivals, such as Liddle Bob Corker, Wacky Congresswoman Wilson, Little Marco, Little George Stephanopoulos, Lyin' Ted, Low Energy Jeb Bush, Cryin' Chuck Schumer, Crooked Hillary, Crazy Bernie, Pocahontas Elizabeth Warren, Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd, Crazy Joe Scarborough, and Dumb As A Rock Mika Brzezinksi.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts' desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron" - H.L.Mencken, 26th July 1920.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #282 on: October 24, 2017, 01:47:30 PM »
So there are two ways this thing could play out. The presidential way: "I'm very sorry that she misinterpreted my remarks. She's going through a terrible time right now and the best thing I can do is to once again offer sympathy and any support she needs." Or the Grabby Way, which is go to war with her and spend the next month belittling her on Twitter. Anybody want to bet on the former?

Within a week FOX will run an article raising some question about the woman or her son, deflecting some of her inherent sympathy. I guarantee it.

Wasn't his body found a mile from the ambush site?  Just sayin'...

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #283 on: October 24, 2017, 02:03:11 PM »
So there are two ways this thing could play out. The presidential way: "I'm very sorry that she misinterpreted my remarks. She's going through a terrible time right now and the best thing I can do is to once again offer sympathy and any support she needs." Or the Grabby Way, which is go to war with her and spend the next month belittling her on Twitter. Anybody want to bet on the former?

Within a week FOX will run an article raising some question about the woman or her son, deflecting some of her inherent sympathy. I guarantee it.

The wife wasn't even allowed to see his body. T'was probably mutilated beyond recognition. Still though, if she wants to see it she should be allowed to.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #284 on: October 24, 2017, 02:43:42 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/check-trump-promised-slain-soldier-095528481.html

Check dated the day family publicly spoke out.  LOL
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2017, 03:08:11 PM »

The wife wasn't even allowed to see his body. T'was probably mutilated beyond recognition. Still though, if she wants to see it she should be allowed to.

Oh, I agree, no question.  I was just throwing that out there as possible starting point for the assault on the family (and no, not condoning that at all; there are 100 reasons why his body was where it was, and we don't know nearly enough to parse it down finer than that at this point.  "Implications" and "innuendo" are not sufficient here.)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #286 on: November 02, 2017, 06:35:39 AM »
Nov 2, 2017 06:50:46 AM - Would love to send the NYC terrorist to Guantanamo but statistically that process takes much longer than going through the Federal system...

Nov 2, 2017 06:54:36 AM - ...There is also something appropriate about keeping him in the home of the horrible crime he committed. Should move fast. DEATH PENALTY!

Wouldn't killing the guy make him a martyr? It's exactly what the guy wants. Keep that fucker locked in a cage controlled by the people of the country he pulled this stunt in. Let him sit in his isolated 7'x7' until his brain rots.

Also, it's kind of disturbing to me to hear this kind of rhetoric from the POTUS. I'm not at all sympathizing with the terrorist, but it still seems so out of place. It's what I'd expect to hear Duterte, Assad, Un, or Putin say. It doesn't make the US look "tough" or convince other countries to "respect" us. In my eyes, it makes us look like savages that are no better than the other dictator-controlled regions of the world.   

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #287 on: November 02, 2017, 06:53:52 AM »
Isn't it a little insulting to our justice system that all these people like McCain are suggesting it can't handle some asshole with a truck and a bb gun?

Online El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #288 on: November 02, 2017, 08:03:23 AM »
It can handle the guy. It just can't guarantee the outcome they want. Some of us would call that its strength.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: November 02, 2017, 09:15:57 AM »
It can handle the guy. It just can't guarantee the outcome they want. Some of us would call that its strength.

"Some of us" = Stadler.

Online El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »
Part of "handling" somebody in the CJ system is making sure defendants get all of the protections the law affords them, and this applies to a murderous permanent resident just the same as a citizen. What's left of due process in this country very definitely applies to him. This is the part that will piss off all of those gung-ho to see him burn. What's striking to me is that the very first point I see this guy making is that President Manboy is sabotaging his ability to get a fair trial. That oughtta go over real well with the hawks, and could lead to a wonderful tantrump© when the time comes.

Honestly, I don't see this guy appealing shit, though. He'll go out of his way to make sure they mainline him in Terre Haute. His trial could be quite the spectacle.

And if you really want to do fuckall for due process, it seems to me the cool move would be to charge him with possessing a pellet gun without a license, and then use that conviction to revoke his resident status and send him back to Uzbekistan with the understanding that things do not go well for him upon his repatriation.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2017, 12:01:45 PM »
Seems like it'll all go down like the Boston marathon bomber.  It'll be awhile before he gets convicted as the courts do their thing and people will move on with their lives.

Online El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #292 on: November 02, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
Maybe, but I figure this guy does everything he can to expedite the process.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2017, 12:49:33 PM »
Yea but still by then there will be another 30 celebrity sexual assaults to have taken the average american mind off this, and I won't lie, including myself most likely.  Sadly this stuff is becoming too normal and even though these things are happening close to me, it really doesn't have the impact they used to have on daily life.  Although my morning commute been miserable since West St has been shut down the last couple days leaving the pile of cars getting into NYC backed up throughout NJ.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #294 on: November 02, 2017, 01:35:32 PM »
Also, it's kind of disturbing to me to hear this kind of rhetoric from the POTUS. I'm not at all sympathizing with the terrorist, but it still seems so out of place. It's what I'd expect to hear Duterte, Assad, Un, or Putin say.

Debated all day whether to respond to this at length but decided to just give the most basic gist of my thoughts.

There is no reason for Putin to be on your list there, Chino. In line with most of the civilized world (minus the USA), Russia does not use the death penalty, and hasn't since 1999. Which, incidentally, is the year Vladimir Putin became President. And even if we did use it, the decision of who it applies to on a case by case basis is nowhere close to being Putin's concern. His responsibilities as President are on a completely different level. No Russian leader would ever spend their time writing all-caps tweets about how someone should be executed before they've had a trial.

I had a huge post typed up but decided I'm not well known enough on this forum yet to start in on my usual themes (known to the MP Forum gang here, Barto, Stadler, et al) of American hypocrisy and propaganda about Russia, so I'll ease my way into it slowly. But please, consider what it was that made you lump those 4 leaders into one group. Was it actual knowledge and information about them, or was it just a vague impression successfully left by your American media that they are 'dictators" who "kill their critics"? Point me in the direction of a single instance where Vladimir Putin has offered his thoughts on whether or not someone standing trial in a Russian court should be executed. Because I'm not aware of one, yet you said you'd "expect" it of him. Why? On what information is this expectation based?
"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts' desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron" - H.L.Mencken, 26th July 1920.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #295 on: November 02, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »
A lack of a court ordered death penalty doesn't mean a ruler can't call for the execution of someone.

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #296 on: November 02, 2017, 02:26:28 PM »
A lack of a court ordered death penalty doesn't mean a ruler can't call for the execution of someone.

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3

That list (or one similar to it - the same names appeared in any case) was posted before on here (by that lawyer guy who got banned, jrf or something was his name) and I went through it then. This will sound combative, and I don't mean it to, but I think you don't know who the people on that list are, do you? Beyond the short and selective bios in the article, I mean. Because the suggestion that Putin ordered the executions of Politkovskaya and Nemtsov (as the two most prominent examples) is absolutely absurd to anybody who knows the first thing about who is who in the Russian political structure. And Berezovsky?? Berezovsky being alive was a gift for Edinaya Rossiya, as long as he was over there in London giving his speeches it was beautiful for Putin.

I don't really have the energy now to go through each case, because it would require first explaining who is who, the structure and mechanism of Russian politics (not to mention a brief history of how quickly avowed American enemies - Nemtsov - so quickly become 'liberal heroes' once they turn up dead). I offer only advice, you can take it or leave it: base your opinion of foreign politicians on something more substantial than a wafer-thin and unsubstantiated list of "people Putin is suspected to have killed" printed by a news company owned by Axel Springer.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:41:47 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #297 on: November 02, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
For the record, and for anyone actually interested in this theme, the only name on that list which the Russian state ordered killed, almost certainly on the direct instruction of Putin (or less likely Medvedev), is Alexander Litvinienko. The others are simply a collection of so-called 'Putin opponents' who have died, and so they all get conveniently lumped together on the understanding that most people won't actually research the list, they'll just assume that if there are a lot of names on it, it must be true  (which is as academically responsible as someone lumping together every suspicious death of anyone who ever happened to criticize Obama and pinning them on him).

I have personally asked this question of Western newspaper editors and received only idiotic shrugs in reply: for what reason would Putin order the death of (at that time) an absolute political non-entity like Boris Nemtsov, yet he doesn't order the death of, say, Alexey Navalny? What did Putin (both personally and as a political entity) gain by killing him? Can anybody actually answer that question, or can they only say "He was a critic of Putin, so Putin must have killed him!" Does Putin honestly strike anyone as so thin-skinned that he kills utter political nobodies for such trivial reasons?

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2017, 10:01:22 PM »
Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me “old” when I would NEVER call him “short and fat?” Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!

This is amazing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2017, 06:42:45 AM »
"I try so hard to be his friend"
 :rollin
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2017, 07:11:52 AM »
Are we seriously going to be subjected to 240 characters from him now?
I didn't know I could handle another 10 inches and it was rough but in the end I'm glad I did it.
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2017, 07:37:08 AM »
Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me “old” when I would NEVER call him “short and fat?” Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!

This is amazing.

I honestly thought the screenshot on shared on fb was fake and had to open twitter to double check  :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2017, 09:09:21 AM »

This is amazing.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »
honestly, that's very funny

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
If it was anyone other than POTUS (the title, not this specific President) I would agree.  He's normalize the Presidency as nothing more than a reality show.  This is the kind of tweet you'd expect from a Big Brother contestant.  Is he trolling?  If not trolling, then he's what?  Delusional? 

And this is now viewed as funny.
I didn't know I could handle another 10 inches and it was rough but in the end I'm glad I did it.
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2017, 11:55:08 AM »
If it was anyone other than POTUS (the title, not this specific President) I would agree.  He's normalize the Presidency as nothing more than a reality show.  This is the kind of tweet you'd expect from a Big Brother contestant.  Is he trolling?  If not trolling, then he's what?  Delusional? 

And this is now viewed as funny.

i mean, you're not wrong. but i gotta laugh at the absurdity of it all sometimes to stay sane

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: November 12, 2017, 02:39:29 PM »
I hear ya... better to laugh, otherwise you might want to slit your wrists
warflwwcesfw.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2017, 06:17:56 PM »

This is amazing.

Even after all this time I still had to check if this was ripped from SNL only to sadly realize this is an actual tweet :(

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2017, 11:17:12 PM »

This is amazing.

Even after all this time I still had to check if this was ripped from SNL only to sadly realize this is an actual tweet :(

One funny thing about this is that the statement was calling Trump "lunatic old man".
I guess in Trumps mind it's worse being old than a lunatic....

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2017, 05:56:42 AM »

Indeed, for Mr. Trump, it all seems to have been too much.

He threatened to sue. He unleashed a verbal fusillade on “Entertainment Tonight,” calling Ms. O’Donnell “disgusting” and “a slob” with “a fat, ugly face.” He said he wanted to take her to court so he could “take some money out of her fat-ass pockets” and wondered aloud why anyone would choose to be in a romantic relationship with her.

“We’re all a little chubby, but Rosie is just worse than most of us,” he said. “But it’s not the chubbiness. Rosie is a very unattractive person, both inside and out.”

Mr. Trump went on “Late Show With David Letterman” to talk about his dislike for Ms. O’Donnell and to announce that Ms. Conner, then 21, had gone into rehab. He called Ms. O’Donnell, who had recently come out as a lesbian, “a degenerate.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/us/donald-trump-keeps-insulting-rosie-odonnell-heres-how-their-feud-started.html?_r=0

Keep it classy, Potus.

Online El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #310 on: November 17, 2017, 08:39:11 AM »

@realDonaldTrump

The Al Frankenstien picture is really bad, speaks a thousand words. Where do his hands go in pictures 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 while she sleeps? .....
9:06 PM - Nov 16, 2017
Christ, how stupid do you have to be? Or perhaps more to the point, how much confidence in your follower's idiocy do you need to have?
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #311 on: November 17, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »

@realDonaldTrump

The Al Frankenstien picture is really bad, speaks a thousand words. Where do his hands go in pictures 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 while she sleeps? .....
9:06 PM - Nov 16, 2017
Christ, how stupid do you have to be? Or perhaps more to the point, how much confidence in your follower's idiocy do you need to have?

If pictures 2,3,4,5, & 6 existed, wouldn't they have been released with #1?

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: November 17, 2017, 09:44:28 AM »
What about picture 7? Apparently it's so bad that even Trump is nervous to mention it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: November 17, 2017, 11:28:41 AM »
Pictures?  Google "Joe Biden Creepy"

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2017, 11:51:05 AM »