Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest [Prize Delivered]  (Read 14550 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2018, 06:38:15 AM »
Congrats to the winner :clap:

And a lot of thanks to Evermind for running this.  :tup It was long but it was fun.  :metal It got to almost a daily routine to check the survivor thread and vote for Ayreon, what am I going to do now with my free time?

I'm the real winner by not even bothering to update my predictions for any of the finals rounds and getting almost no points  :metal

ditto to every word of this.

I'm the real winner because I voted regularly for the best songs. It's not my fault that you all have no taste.  :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #211 on: October 02, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »
Aaaand boys, here we go.... the contest had a prize, I won it, and our ever gracious host Evermind went above and beyond to deliver the prize!!!

Here's something I totally didn't want to do but was convinced by Evermind that it was the right way to go: the unpacking video!

Actually there's two because I ran out of space on the memory card so it stopped and I had to continue.... it's raw, unscripted, unprepared and as live as it gets, babbling and all :D don't worry if you don't understand everything, even I rewatching the video I couldn't understand what I said in some times.

Since the video was done, I assume there is no point in sparing you the pain of hearing me talk for several minutes by writing all the details, just watch for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRXGOHSzCtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oReTJ2OiKQc

And, most importantly, let me know if you can see them, I never had interest in uploading videos on YouTube so I'm kinda a n00b for the privacy details.

Watch it all and all hail Evermind, grand master of survivvors :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: October 02, 2018, 03:52:57 PM »
Nope, unavailable. See PM. :biggrin:

Good to know it arrived though!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2018, 12:51:06 AM »
Sorry, did it late at night and then went to sleep. I will update it this evening. I had a hunch it had to be the other option, but I went for the full private anyway, silly me  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
Aaaand they should be up now. Enjoy the package opening narrated in a clumsy and wacky way ;D

And as I said, all hail Evermind, greatest survivor host in the history of the Ayreon universe (and our own) :metal

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
(Ayreon) Prize delivered, contest officially finished, thank you everyone
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »
:lol

I just had to add a lot of layers of protection for the package because I've dealt with Russian Post Service before. It's absolutely atrocious. But apparently everything got delivered just fine, so perhaps not absolutely atrocious.

I'm glad it finally arrived and it's actually very rewarding to see someone finally opening that box, glad it was you and not the customs officer! Which actually means this whole adventure—Survivor and Contest—has now officially ended.

Here's a pic of the trophy from my end before the shipping, if anyone's curious! You can see the plaque a bit clearer there—it's not glued to the actual bottom piece of the trophy yet.

Oh, and for those curious, the items in the package ended up being:

- An unexpectedly huge (43cm instead of 25cm I ordered) trophy which was, ironically, made in Italy, also with a metal engraved plaque (see the pic);
- The Theater Equation earbook;
- The Theater Equation program (sold exclusively at the 2015 show);
- Ayreon - The Source A2 poster;
- Avantasia - Ghostlights A2 poster;
- Ayreon Universe lanyard;
- some Ayreon Universe stickers they gave me at the merch stand :lol
- Cellar Darling - This Is the Sound digipack CD (requested by MirrorMask);
- iamthemorning - ~, Belighted, Lighthouse digipack CDs (all three studio albums I added to the package as a shameless promotion of this excellent Russian band)
- a letter and a lot of packaging film and paper
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:06:54 PM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest [Prize Delivered]
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »
blacken the sky, it's over

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2018, 01:06:38 AM »
And as I said, all hail Evermind, greatest survivor host in the history of the Ayreon universe (and our own) :metal

+1  :metal

And congrats (again) to MirrorMask for winning this.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D