Author Topic: Travelers (TV / Netflix)  (Read 9919 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Travelers (TV / Netflix)
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2018, 08:47:19 PM »
Just starting episode 3. Man, I really hate Jeff. I mean, really. The Director just needs to zap him already.

:lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2018, 10:17:58 PM »
Just starting episode 3. Man, I really hate Jeff. I mean, really. The Director just needs to zap him already.

Awesome. Ask, and you shall receive. Finishing up episode 4 now. Pretty funny.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2018, 11:38:15 PM »

Awesome. Ask, and you shall receive. Finishing up episode 4 now. Pretty funny.

That’s why I was chuckling. I was at that point as well and then BOOM.....that’s that. Stopped after (4) Episodes tonight. Had a hockey game to play and just got back. Will have to get at it tomorrow night.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2018, 04:43:30 AM »

Netflix Canada just released S2 and S3 a couple of days ago.  With 2 1/2 weeks off coming up after Monday, binge watching will be in the cards.  I got to finish Sense8 first, then on to these 22 episodes.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »

Netflix Canada just released S2 and S3 a couple of days ago.  With 2 1/2 weeks off coming up after Monday, binge watching will be in the cards.  I got to finish Sense8 first, then on to these 22 episodes.

I dug Sense8 also.  Was bummed they cancelled it. Coo story and concept.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2018, 01:07:23 AM »
DONE!!!  :metal   All I can say is that I really like this show and it didn’t disappoint
 Loved the way they wrapped up the season as well....definitely lends itself to subsequent seasons....I can’t imagine NETFLIX not giving it at least one more. Will be interested to hear what others think

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2018, 10:38:45 PM »
Just finished episode 9. Holy crap. That was an intense, heavy, sad episode. I'll finish up in the next day or two. Don't want to stop now but I have to go to downtown Chicago tomorrow for a work lunch with the bosses. Got to get some sleep.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2018, 09:16:17 PM »
Finished up this morning. What a great season!! It became a little emotional for me too. They really had me guessing how this would go after last season. Great job on how this season unfolded. Hoping the show continues. Love the writing and acting. :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »
Finished up this morning. What a great season!! It became a little emotional for me too. They really had me guessing how this would go after last season. Great job on how this season unfolded. Hoping the show continues. Love the writing and acting. :tup

The final five minutes of the last episode was super emotional.

I can’t imagine that they won’t do at least one more season. It’s such a well done show.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2018, 11:04:25 PM »
Just finished as well. Wow, that was intense. They weren't kidding about messing us up. Those last 2 episodes, whew.

I would love for them to continue, but if it were to end, I think I'm okay with how they left it. Especially with 001 never having messed up Marcy.

I know Eric McCormack said in his Build interview that he hopes to keep doing this show for a few more years, but it's all up to Netflix.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2018, 06:37:33 AM »
I would love for them to continue, but if it were to end, I think I'm okay with how they left it. Especially with 001 never having messed up Marcy.

The Marcy/David interaction and revelation in that ‘fixed’ timeline was awesome. They did wrap it up in such a satisfying way that if they choose to end the series it is nice and tidy. But, I can’t imagine they wouldn’t throw another season or two at it. Doesn’t looks to be a very expensive show to to produce....I think it’s pretty popular also. I’d just be curious if the same cast outside of Eric McOrmick is utilized?

I’m curious though....even with Grant slipping that HELIOS information to the scientist....how are they going to divert that asteroid? Or, is that just up to us to assume they find a way with presumably 17 years to figure it out?

Also, I totally forgot the significance of Grant looking out the office window after emailing the Director that the Traveler program failed. What happened originally?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2018, 07:47:18 AM »
And now I gotta back out for a while... I just watched S2 opener this morning (and the introduction of 001).  At least now I know The Director doesn't catch up with him.

I should be back in a couple of weeks.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2018, 08:19:44 AM »

Also, I totally forgot the significance of Grant looking out the office window after emailing the Director that the Traveler program failed. What happened originally?

It's 9/11. He's waiting for the first plane.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2018, 09:01:06 AM »

It's 9/11. He's waiting for the first plane.

Ahhh.....that's right.  :tup 

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2018, 06:43:15 PM »
I LOVED this season. This show has consistently gotten better. I really loved the last 3 episodes, and the setup for how the next chapter would unfold is super intriguing. I'm already going back to do all 3 seasons again.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2019, 02:25:22 PM »
Just finished after binging the last season. Excellent all around, and felt that they closed it up nicely whether they decide to do a S4 or not.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2019, 02:30:07 PM »
Just finished after binging the last season. Excellent all around, and felt that they closed it up nicely whether they decide to do a S4 or not.

One of the few times a show found a perfect balance of it being a great way to end the series OR a having an open slate to continue on.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2019, 10:08:54 PM »
Netflix cancelled Travelers. Sucks, but at least it got a somewhat proper type ending.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/travelers-canceled-after-three-seasons-netflix-1202547788/

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2019, 06:37:58 AM »
Netflix cancelled Travelers. Sucks, but at least it got a somewhat proper type ending.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/travelers-canceled-after-three-seasons-netflix-1202547788/

Man, that's terrible to hear. I fucking LOVE this show and was really excited to see how they moved forward. Lame!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2019, 07:24:08 AM »

Man, that's terrible to hear. I fucking LOVE this show and was really excited to see how they moved forward. Lame!

BOOOOO  :tdwn       That sucks! Another awesome show bites the dust. I’m starting to develop a bit of an attitude towards NETFLIX

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »

BOOOOO  :tdwn       That sucks! Another awesome show bites the dust. I’m starting to develop a bit of an attitude towards NETFLIX
Aww, man. Grrr... Loved this show!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2019, 12:00:59 PM »
Just finished S3, and came back to find this since I bailed on it so as to not get spoiled.

Gary's last few posts said exactly what I was thinking.  Perfect balance of wrapping things up, but leaving the door open.  And yeah... I'm bummed Netflix tossed it aside.  Makes it hard to get invested in anything until you know there's a full series to see it thru.  I'm leary of getting roped into other series I've seen ya'll suggest - OA, Umbrella Accademy come to mind.

Oh well, I'll fire up Colony S3 now, as I'm sure that's been cancelled!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2019, 03:11:02 PM »
Still bummed they cancelled it. It was a cool show.

I’d be leery of ‘The OA’ as well. I dig the first season a lot but S2 was a bit more ‘out there’ and tough to fully get in board with. I’ll watch a S3 if they get it but I can certainly see them pulling the plug on it.

Umbrella Academy is ‘ok’ in my eyes. Nothing special by any means. Easily predictable and run of the mill effects.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2019, 08:05:12 AM »

You are CORRECT! Was curious as to when S4 was airing so a quick Google search told me it was cancelled last July  :angry:   I really dug that show and I thought S3 was pretty good and set up what could have been a cool S4

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2019, 09:07:24 AM »

You are CORRECT! Was curious as to when S4 was airing so a quick Google search told me it was cancelled last July  :angry:   I really dug that show and I thought S3 was pretty good and set up what could have been a cool S4

Fucking Netflix. I'm honestly beginning to believe they are buying up series just to cancel them.  I get that they make more money on their own original content, but c'mon.  Now I don't even want to watch S3 knowing I'm just gonna be kicked in the nuts after that time investment.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »

Fucking Netflix. I'm honestly beginning to believe they are buying up series just to cancel them.  I get that they make more money on their own original content, but c'mon.  Now I don't even want to watch S3 knowing I'm just gonna be kicked in the nuts after that time investment.

Well....The Colony is a USA Network show. It was USA that cancelled it. Maybe Netflix could save it but it's been almost a year since it was cancelled so I think they'd have announced that by now.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2019, 11:31:44 AM »
Ah!  I assumed that (like Travelers), Netflix saved S3.  No broadcast network aired Colony up here last year, so when I saw it on Netflix, I assumed that S3 was a "Netflix Original".

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2019, 11:37:17 AM »
Ah!  I assumed that (like Travelers), Netflix saved S3.  No broadcast network aired Colony up here last year, so when I saw it on Netflix, I assumed that S3 was a "Netflix Original".

Nope. It was all USA. Like I said, S3 was cool and I liked how they set up S4 and was looking forward to it.

I think this is a perfect example of a good not great show suffering from the fact that there is just SO much good/great content available now that it's real tough to compete for viewership.