Author Topic: The post funny stuff thread v.graham's number  (Read 260193 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The post funny stuff thread v.graham's number
« Reply #2240 on: February 14, 2019, 07:05:29 AM »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2241 on: February 14, 2019, 04:35:14 PM »
I have no idea who any of those people are, although the bottom-right guy looks kinda like Woody Harrelson.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2242 on: February 14, 2019, 08:44:57 PM »
I have no idea who any of those people are, although the bottom-right guy looks kinda like Woody Harrelson.

I think that is Woody Harrelson. The only other person I recognize is Dr. Tim Whatley in the top left.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2243 on: February 14, 2019, 09:22:23 PM »
Isn't the joke that top left is young Bryan Cranston/Walter White, top right is older BC/WW, middle left is young Aaron Paul/Jesse Pinkman, middle right is old AP/JP, and lower left is young Anna Gunn/Skylar White while lower right is old AG/SW (but really Woody Harrelson).

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2244 on: February 14, 2019, 11:19:30 PM »
I figured the joke was along those lines, but since I don't really recognize them, I wasn't sure.  Walter White is the guy from Breaking Bad, right?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2245 on: February 15, 2019, 07:30:26 AM »
Sure thing. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2246 on: February 15, 2019, 07:59:58 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2247 on: February 15, 2019, 09:03:56 AM »
 :rollin :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2248 on: February 16, 2019, 05:39:25 AM »
Stealing from Splent/Floyd's FB feeds:

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2249 on: February 16, 2019, 05:56:14 AM »
Michael Cera as Screech :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2250 on: February 16, 2019, 11:46:37 AM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2251 on: February 17, 2019, 08:05:33 AM »

The Philadelphia Parking Authority used to do shit like that too.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2252 on: February 17, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »

You aint kidding man. I'd look around and there's no one in sight for blocks, walk away from the car for two seconds and they come jumping out of the sewers and shit writing the ticket up,  :yeahright

So happy I don't have to go into the city on a regular basis anymore

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2253 on: February 18, 2019, 07:13:07 AM »

You aint kidding man. I'd look around and there's no one in sight for blocks, walk away from the car for two seconds and they come jumping out of the sewers and shit writing the ticket up,  :yeahright

In Hartford CT, they don't even have people walking around checking tickets or the meters. They drive around in cars with image recognition software that scans every license plate and give it a time stamp. The authority just keeps driving around until the on-board laptop alerts them that a particular plate has exceeded a certain amount of time.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2254 on: February 18, 2019, 07:41:41 AM »

In Hartford CT, they don't even have people walking around checking tickets or the meters. They drive around in cars with image recognition software that scans every license plate and give it a time stamp. The authority just keeps driving around until the on-board laptop alerts them that a particular plate has exceeded a certain amount of time.

Which means there is absolutely zero human judgement (read: compassion, reason, or context) involved. 

Oh, and Lamont has been in office for all of five weeks and already backing off on a very key campaign promise.   Tolls were a controversial issue in the campaign and Lamont claimed he only wanted to toll trucks (on the premise that that would tax out of state actors, and not the citizens)  but now he is saying that cars need to be tolled as well.   I swear, I might as well just send my paycheck right in to the State.   I paid almost $9,000 in property taxes to the state on my house, oevr 4750 in property taxes on my cars, and I don't even live in a nice area (I'm actually in a pretty unimpressive blue-collar town, at least by Connecticut standards; certainly we're not talking about Fairfield or Litchfield Counties here).  THe "blue wave" is going to drown this state (we're one of only three states - last I checked - that has a net negative population growth).

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2255 on: February 18, 2019, 08:04:39 AM »

Which means there is absolutely zero human judgement (read: compassion, reason, or context) involved. 

Oh, and Lamont has been in office for all of five weeks and already backing off on a very key campaign promise.   Tolls were a controversial issue in the campaign and Lamont claimed he only wanted to toll trucks (on the premise that that would tax out of state actors, and not the citizens)  but now he is saying that cars need to be tolled as well.   I swear, I might as well just send my paycheck right in to the State.   I paid almost $9,000 in property taxes to the state on my house, oevr 4750 in property taxes on my cars, and I don't even live in a nice area (I'm actually in a pretty unimpressive blue-collar town, at least by Connecticut standards; certainly we're not talking about Fairfield or Litchfield Counties here).  THe "blue wave" is going to drown this state (we're one of only three states - last I checked - that has a net negative population growth).

I think the toll thing was determined to be unconstitutional. Rhode Island did something similar and now they're in the middle of a legal battle with the trucking industry.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news/trucking-industry-files-suit-over-rhode-island-truck-tolls/1293816439

A national trucking industry trade group filed a lawsuit Tuesday over Rhode Island's new truck tolls, arguing they unfairly target large commercial tractor-trailers, the only class of vehicles required to pay while traveling on Rhode Island highways.

The suit was filed in federal court in Providence by the Virginia-based American Trucking Associations  (ATA). It claims that the RhodeWorks tolls violate the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution, by imposing "discriminatory and disproportionate burdens on out-of-state operators and on truckers who are operating in interstate commerce."

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2256 on: February 18, 2019, 08:16:56 AM »
Property tax on cars?  Wtf

Didn't even know that was a thing. Very grateful not to be dealing with that, And I thought tax on home property was bad enough.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2257 on: February 18, 2019, 08:33:31 AM »

Didn't even know that was a thing. Very grateful not to be dealing with that, And I thought tax on home property was bad enough.

Yep. My 2014 Mazda CX-9 costs me $2,400 a year.   

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2258 on: February 18, 2019, 08:59:33 AM »

I think the toll thing was determined to be unconstitutional. Rhode Island did something similar and now they're in the middle of a legal battle with the trucking industry.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news/trucking-industry-files-suit-over-rhode-island-truck-tolls/1293816439

A national trucking industry trade group filed a lawsuit Tuesday over Rhode Island's new truck tolls, arguing they unfairly target large commercial tractor-trailers, the only class of vehicles required to pay while traveling on Rhode Island highways.

The suit was filed in federal court in Providence by the Virginia-based American Trucking Associations  (ATA). It claims that the RhodeWorks tolls violate the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution, by imposing "discriminatory and disproportionate burdens on out-of-state operators and on truckers who are operating in interstate commerce."

I'm not sure how this is a problem. Trucks disproportionately damage the roads. Tolls and taxes are usually assessed on the number of wheels for this reason. Taxes also increase based on personal or commercial use.  The solution seems pretty simple here. One cent per wheel for the first 6. Ten dollars per wheel for each one over that. Campers can get special plates distinguishing them as private vehicles.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2259 on: February 18, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »

I'm not sure how this is a problem. Trucks disproportionately damage the roads. Tolls and taxes are usually assessed on the number of wheels for this reason. Taxes also increase based on personal or commercial use.  The solution seems pretty simple here. One cent per wheel for the first 6. Ten dollars per wheel for each one over that. Campers can get special plates distinguishing them as private vehicles.

Right, but I think the argument here is that it's only the trucks that need to pay the tolls. If commuters AND truck were getting hit at the tolls, even at different rates, they'd be okay with it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2260 on: February 18, 2019, 09:26:27 AM »

Da fuq?  Is this a CT thing?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2261 on: February 18, 2019, 09:33:28 AM »

Oops. I was looking at the wrong line item on my budgeting spreadsheet. I actually only pay about $720 a year for my car's property tax. That $2,400 is what I pay in car insurance.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2262 on: February 18, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »

That sucks. We pay sales tax when we purchase the vehicle, 6% new or used, and after that it's a $55 registration fee each year. Perhaps that's why we're in the bottom five of just about every single quality of life indicator, save for average television size.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2263 on: February 18, 2019, 09:44:12 AM »

Right, but I think the argument here is that it's only the trucks that need to pay the tolls. If commuters AND truck were getting hit at the tolls, even at different rates, they'd be okay with it.
Hence my suggestion. Charge a token amount for cars. So low that it takes a year to hit the six dollar minimum just to warrant sending out a bill.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2264 on: February 18, 2019, 03:49:30 PM »

This was a surprise to me moving to NC. It's why my motorcycle and BMW and still Florida tagged.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2265 on: February 18, 2019, 04:13:51 PM »
So... that clip is actual courtroom video? What in the heck does that lady's voice sound like I wonder (or maybe I don't).

Count me in as someone who was unaware some states tax cars as property. Surprised WA hasn't acted on this. Here you can consider your car a home. And you don't even have to pay property taxes on it, to say nothing about having it meeting any zoning or building codes.

http://www.columbialegal.org/king-county-superior-court-rules-favor-seattle-resident-whose-vehicle-and-home-were-impounded-city
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2266 on: February 18, 2019, 06:12:44 PM »
If you guys want crazy court stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTWdP5DMdsM

While a cartoon, and the names are different, I believe that's a word for word transcript of an actual case.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2267 on: February 18, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »

It's a state thing.  Not all states do it (and some call it an "ad velorum" tax; I remember when I moved to Atlanta and the real estate agent said "oh good news, we don't have property tax.  Just an ad velorum tax!"   Honey, it's basically the same thing. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2268 on: February 18, 2019, 08:33:01 PM »
Excise Tax in MA.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #2269 on: February 18, 2019, 08:50:35 PM »
If you guys want crazy court stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTWdP5DMdsM

While a cartoon, and the names are different, I believe that's a word for word transcript of an actual case.

I knew what this was before clicking. Still one of my favourite videos ever  :lol
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2271 on: February 19, 2019, 10:34:08 AM »

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2272 on: February 20, 2019, 02:08:18 AM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2273 on: February 20, 2019, 09:04:50 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2274 on: February 20, 2019, 09:35:21 PM »
Classic!