Author Topic: The post funny stuff thread v.graham's number  (Read 258811 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The post funny stuff thread v.graham's number
« Reply #3291 on: May 14, 2020, 12:37:33 PM »
Supreme Court Overturns Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

"Episodes I through III are still there, though, since in a 2007 6-3 decision the Supreme Court ruled they had no authority to overrule Star Wars creator George Lucas even if “he clearly had no idea what he was doing.”"

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3292 on: May 14, 2020, 01:12:07 PM »
Alito would have joined in Thomas's dissent claiming that Kylo Ren was the best good guy the series has had since Dart Vader. "I was particularly moved by the tragedy of their defeat at the hands of liberal terrorists. The tragic irony of a moral and upright government taken down by troublemakers and degenerates, unwilling to embrace the order and safety it offered them."
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3293 on: May 14, 2020, 01:31:26 PM »

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3294 on: May 14, 2020, 01:33:31 PM »
 :rollin
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3295 on: May 14, 2020, 01:36:12 PM »
Awesome! Was actually rooting for him to brick that shot. If he made it, the payoff would have been a disappointment. Unless of course he nailed it and gave them a Reggie Miller-like stare down/choke sign/crotch grab.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3296 on: May 14, 2020, 02:31:51 PM »

That would be funny, except that the sequel trilogy was great, and Ep. VIII is no worse than the third best Star Wars movie overall.

"Episodes I through III are still there, though, since in a 2007 6-3 decision the Supreme Court ruled they had no authority to overrule Star Wars creator George Lucas even if “he clearly had no idea what he was doing.”"

That was probably the best part.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3297 on: May 14, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »
The sequel trilogy are among the most disappointing, poorly executed blockbuster films I've ever seen. No exaggeration. Horribly planned, so many unresolved and unnecessary and unexplained things.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #3298 on: May 14, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
The sequel trilogy are among the most disappointing, poorly executed blockbuster films I've ever seen. No exaggeration. Horribly planned, so many unresolved and unnecessary and unexplained things.

Eh, I had fun watching them.  But that’s probably because I watch them to have fun and be entertained by suspending reality for a few hours.  I try not to expect a Sci Fi move to be Citizen Kane.  If one expects cinematic gold, documentary accuracy, acting genius, and plot perfection from a movie that has light sabers, well then I guess you are just going to be disappointed.  I don’t have the frickin time or money to spend on watching something that I have set impossible standards for.  I just sit back and enjoy the ride :). JMO
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online Adami

« Reply #3299 on: May 14, 2020, 03:36:28 PM »

Eh, I had fun watching them.  But that’s probably because I watch them to have fun and be entertained by suspending reality for a few hours.  I try not to expect a Sci Fi move to be Citizen Kane.  If one expects cinematic gold, documentary accuracy, acting genius, and plot perfection from a movie that has light sabers, well then I guess you are just going to be disappointed.  I don’t have the frickin time or money to spend on watching something that I have set impossible standards for.  I just sit back and enjoy the ride :). JMO

I do not expect citizen Kane, cinematic gold, documentary accuracy, acting genius, or plot perfection. I still was immensely let down by the sequel trilogy. And it having lightsabers doesn’t excuse bad writing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3300 on: May 14, 2020, 03:39:40 PM »
Why people on my ignore list continue to quote me absolutely astounds me especially after they PM me personal attacks! That's funny to me. :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3301 on: May 14, 2020, 04:11:15 PM »
Why people on my ignore list continue to quote me absolutely astounds me especially after they PM me personal attacks! That's funny to me. :lol

???

Uh, I didn't quote you! You miserable little shit!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3302 on: May 14, 2020, 04:23:08 PM »
 :rollin

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #3303 on: May 14, 2020, 05:33:19 PM »

I assume this is directed to me.
I meant to just reply my opinion on the movie, not as a rebuttal to you or your opinion personally..... and you’ll notice that I didn’t personally address you. But I guess you had to post some weird lies in the forum and not in PM.  You were never personally attacked....I did nothing of the sort...not even CLOSE.  Save the drama.  If my mistaken quote bothered you so much, then just PM me..... don’t lie and say you were attacked.
Saying I "attacked" you is crossing the line.  Reported.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 06:04:03 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #3304 on: May 14, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »

I do not expect citizen Kane, cinematic gold, documentary accuracy, acting genius, or plot perfection. I still was immensely let down by the sequel trilogy. And it having lightsabers doesn’t excuse bad writing.

Never said I excused anything....I just tend to have my expectations a bit more realistic (or low LOL) than many.  It's a movie.
I dont have any issue with anyone else's views on a movie...I just gave my view on it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 05:56:54 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online Adami

« Reply #3305 on: May 14, 2020, 05:57:05 PM »

Never said I excused anything....I just tend to have my expectations a bit more realistic than many.  Its a movie.

But I wouldn't call that realistic. I mean, not in the way that anything else in unrealistic.

I expect things to be well written, well acted, and well made. That seems pretty realistic. Star Wars sequels were definitely well acted, I love a lot of those actors. My main issue is just the writing wasn't very good on any of them, some better than others.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #3306 on: May 14, 2020, 06:01:21 PM »

Never said I excused anything....I just tend to have my expectations a bit more realistic than many.  Its a movie.

But I wouldn't call that realistic. I mean, not in the way that anything else in unrealistic.

I expect things to be well written, well acted, and well made. That seems pretty realistic. Star Wars sequels were definitely well acted, I love a lot of those actors. My main issue is just the writing wasn't very good on any of them, some better than others.

I guess I expect the same....but what people can like and enjoy, and what they can let go, is subjective.

I watched the movies, and I had fun.  I expected to be entertained.  I expected plot holes, questionable writing, etc.  But I went there to enjoy an action sci-fi movie.  And I was entertained.
Were my expectations not realistic?  Maybe "realistic" isnt the best word....they were more realistic for me at least.  Maybe they were simply lower.  I also enjoyed the prequels....not as much, but I wouldn't call them the most disappointing, poorly executed blockbuster films I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 06:06:36 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3307 on: May 14, 2020, 06:03:04 PM »
"Dad" looks like JayOct'm in about 20 years.

I dont see it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3308 on: May 14, 2020, 06:05:08 PM »
We do.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #3309 on: May 15, 2020, 02:37:10 AM »
Pretty much this.

And this basically sums it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zZFtq13c4
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3310 on: May 15, 2020, 04:00:54 AM »
Pretty much this.

I haven't seen the last one yet (I know). I've been avoiding spoilers for months now, does this contain any?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3311 on: May 15, 2020, 06:04:05 AM »
Yeah, there are spoilers.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #3312 on: May 15, 2020, 08:29:59 AM »
Pretty much this.

I haven't seen the last one yet (I know). I've been avoiding spoilers for months now, does this contain any?
Oh, sorry. I should have mentioned there were spoilers. My bad :blush
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3313 on: May 15, 2020, 10:23:26 AM »
I didn’t watch it. And it’s pretty safe to assume that people have seen a Star Wars movie (if they’re interested of course) it half a year later :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3314 on: May 16, 2020, 09:32:40 PM »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3315 on: May 17, 2020, 01:35:59 AM »
I had to look up who Alan Jackson is, but then it's quite funny :lol
Squ

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3316 on: May 17, 2020, 09:49:00 AM »
I didn't even know there was someone named Alan Jackson, although I'm not surprised.  I just thought Samuel Alan Jackson sounded like a pretty believeable name for a country music singer, an obvious mutation of Samuel L. Jackson.  The idea of Sam singing profanity-laden country songs makes me laugh.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3317 on: May 18, 2020, 08:00:07 AM »
"Remember When" is a heartbreaking song, at least to me.   You may not like the music, but Alan Jackson's voice is smooth as freshly melted chocolate.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3318 on: May 18, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »
I've never seen Citizen Kane.   And I thoroughly enjoyed the SW sequel trilogy.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #3319 on: May 19, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »

and....
What is this man training for???
https://twitter.com/i/status/1261729673102462977
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3320 on: May 19, 2020, 12:38:50 PM »
Kthulu preparedness...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Harmony

« Reply #3321 on: May 24, 2020, 07:45:33 PM »
Meanwhile in LA..."Artivism" is apparently the latest form of mask protesting.

I'll leave it at 3.  There were many more.    :lol

Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3322 on: May 24, 2020, 07:55:56 PM »
In the 70's she couldn't get away with this.  Masks were not that big.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #3323 on: May 24, 2020, 07:59:46 PM »
Thank goodness her shoulders are covered. At least basic modesty is still around.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3324 on: May 25, 2020, 06:55:51 AM »
But did she put the cart away?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion