Author Topic: Official top 75 Porcupine Tree countdown thread! (CANCELLED!)  (Read 4511 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Okay, let's try this.

Submissions now due by end of day Monday, September 5th.

Offline The Realm

Good one, I will get back to compiling my list then.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sweet! back to ranking I go...

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Okay, let's try this.

Submissions now due by end of day Monday, September 5th.

Cool! I think I'll have a list until then. :tup
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
I have sent over a list.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Just an FYI that four lists have now been submitted, and my requirement has always been at least 15 to run the countdown, so we need 10 more in the next three days (I could do one quickly to get to 15).  Anyone still thinking they will submit one by Monday, please let me know. Given how big the spreadsheet is on this one, I am not going to start it and starting adding any lists until I think we will have enough. With those many songs, it is a more time-consuming to do the updates on Excel.

Offline DTA

I’ll finish mine up today and send it

Offline romdrums

I’ll have mine done this weekend.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Until monday I will send mine. :tup
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll finish mine today and send it over as well.

Offline faizoff

I have mine ready, just need to make some minor adjustments, should have it sent by tonight.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jammindude

I’ll work on it this weekend and send it Monday
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I’ll so my best, but I haven’t re-listened every single song unfortunately.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Are we resubmitting? If so, just use the list I sent for the previous attempt.

Offline romdrums

And sent.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I'll try to come up with something during today and tomorrow :corn

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Hope the deadline is midnight Monday......as the next two days are brutal timewise.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official top 75 Porcupine Tree countdown thread! (CANCELLED!)
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2022, 08:35:58 PM »
I am shutting this down now.  Lack of interest means there won't be enough lists to make a countdown worthwhile, and I have too much on my mind these days to waste my time on lists that are submitted that have the same song twice.  It is really that f'ing hard to proofread your list?  Apparently so. Call me an ass, but with 75 songs on a list, it takes 10-15 minutes input each list into the spreadsheet, and I don't feel like taking any more time to put in a list only to get near the end and see that is invalid.  I was secretly hoping earlier this week that everyone had forgotten about this one anyway as doing one this big just isn't something I want to do at this time, so I am shutting it down now. Apologies to those who submitted a valid list.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2022, 10:04:59 PM »
Bummer. After seeing your initial post, I spent a lot of my Saturday starting to get my list together but I completely understand not wanting to do something that’s just not fun anymore.

How about a consolation prize? I’m sure there’s probably a few of you who have seen this because it’s on YouTube obviously. But I never knew it existed until just now.

This is a porcupine tree show from a festival in 1994 and according to the description it was only their fifth concert overall as a band. It’s so old that Steven Wilson is still wearing shoes on stage. :rollin :rollin :rollin

The band shot the footage themselves, but it’s been synced up with a soundboard recording.

https://youtu.be/qnkJKPNlBGk
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2022, 10:35:12 PM »
Oh man striped shirt/earring/shoe wearing wilson. It's been a long time since seeing old school PT.

Bummer about the countdown.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2022, 10:51:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm super bummed about this getting cancelled too. However, if Kev doesn't mind I wouldn't mind taking this over and compiling all the lists and running the countdown. The only issue is it would have to wait until November before I could actually start the countdown. If Kev wants to pick it back up between now and then, great! If not, I am willing to do it.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2022, 02:47:22 AM »
I assume not enough people submitted the first time round either?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2022, 03:38:48 AM »
I am shutting this down now.  Lack of interest means there won't be enough lists to make a countdown worthwhile, and I have too much on my mind these days to waste my time on lists that are submitted that have the same song twice. It is really that f'ing hard to proofread your list?  Apparently so. Call me an ass, but with 75 songs on a list, it takes 10-15 minutes input each list into the spreadsheet, and I don't feel like taking any more time to put in a list only to get near the end and see that is invalid.  I was secretly hoping earlier this week that everyone had forgotten about this one anyway as doing one this big just isn't something I want to do at this time, so I am shutting it down now. Apologies to those who submitted a valid list.

I gotta back you here.  I know with the other ones you did I checked my lists and I think I had one double up but even I went through it after I sent it again and found it myself right away, as I was paranoid about this aspect.  I agree that you've put yourself out to run these, and I'd take it a kick in the nads too if I had lists with double ups.  Take some time people and proof read your shit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2022, 06:31:23 AM »
Bummer. After seeing your initial post, I spent a lot of my Saturday starting to get my list together but I completely understand not wanting to do something that’s just not fun anymore.

I have a countdown idea that is slightly different that I think will be fun, not to mention far less work for me.  Stay tuned.  :tup :tup

Yeah, I'm super bummed about this getting cancelled too. However, if Kev doesn't mind I wouldn't mind taking this over and compiling all the lists and running the countdown. The only issue is it would have to wait until November before I could actually start the countdown. If Kev wants to pick it back up between now and then, great! If not, I am willing to do it.

We can revisit in a few months, for sure!

I assume not enough people submitted the first time round either?

Just two (you being one of them).  Seems like hard rock/metal crowd is way more into these things than the proggier fans.  All good.

I am shutting this down now.  Lack of interest means there won't be enough lists to make a countdown worthwhile, and I have too much on my mind these days to waste my time on lists that are submitted that have the same song twice. It is really that f'ing hard to proofread your list?  Apparently so. Call me an ass, but with 75 songs on a list, it takes 10-15 minutes input each list into the spreadsheet, and I don't feel like taking any more time to put in a list only to get near the end and see that is invalid.  I was secretly hoping earlier this week that everyone had forgotten about this one anyway as doing one this big just isn't something I want to do at this time, so I am shutting it down now. Apologies to those who submitted a valid list.

I gotta back you here.  I know with the other ones you did I checked my lists and I think I had one double up but even I went through it after I sent it again and found it myself right away, as I was paranoid about this aspect.  I agree that you've put yourself out to run these, and I'd take it a kick in the nads too if I had lists with double ups.  Take some time people and proof read your shit.

Exactly. 

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2022, 07:36:18 AM »
I did want to send one in, but if it gets postponed (or is it definitely cancelled?), that would give me more time to relisten..
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2022, 12:23:48 PM »
Cancelled, but I reckon the possibility is there for me or Puppies to run it later this year.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2022, 12:53:36 PM »
Shame, these formats are great (and better than Survivors if you ask me) and Porcupine Tree would have been fun
Squ

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2022, 12:57:06 PM »
Blame the community for not showing more interest. :P   Only seven lists submitted since I started the thread in the middle of July, at least one of which was invalid due to not following the rules (not sure about others as I never got as far as inputting them once I decided to shut it down).

Offline faizoff

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2022, 06:13:14 AM »
Ah man, got home late last night and was about to send today. Oh well at least this thread inspired me to listen to the whole category front to  back which I hadn't done in some time.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan