Author Topic: Trailer Park Boys  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Trailer Park Boys
« on: August 13, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »
I couldn't find a thread on this.

My girlfriend recommended I start watching this and I'm so happy I did. This is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. Anyone else watch?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Trailer Park Boys
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
Wait for the Alex Life's on episode!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »
A friend gave me the original seven/eight seasons some years ago. “You’ll love this show! It’s called Trailer Park Boys”. I thought, “you’re kidding, right?”

I did have to warm to it, but once you get the feel for their style of humour, it’s a neat show, and a massive relief from “blatant one-liner > canned laughter > blatant one-liner > canned laughter” comedies. It’s also refreshingly un-PC - constant theft, gun violence, marijuana, drinking and smoking, endless swearing...

My favourite season was the one with Ricky in charge. Proper dystopian shit.

I haven’t bothered to check out any of the new seasons.

Also, to anyone to whom this is fresh, avoid the movies, they’re far inferior to the show.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:07:43 PM »
i think I made it through three seasons and I have no idea why I haven't continued. What a great show.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 07:27:21 AM »
I just love how every plan eventually circles back to growing and selling dope (at least thus far).

The underground gas station was hysterical and the episode with Conky was absolute gold.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
I've only watched a few episodes so far and don't know why I haven't seen more. This show is hysterical.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 07:07:53 AM »
Okay. Two things.

1) Every time bubbles says "Sam Squanch", it makes me happy.
2) Hash driveway was the greatest idea ever.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 09:21:54 AM »
Love this show and the mockumentary style - I've watched all the nine seasons. My favorite episodes are "Who's the Microphone Assassin?" and "Three Good Men Are Dead."

"PEANUT BUTTER AND JAAAAAAAM!!!"

Offline TL

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 10:00:16 AM »
Fantastic show, and made right here in Nova Scotia!  :biggrin:

When Rush played Halifax back in 2013, most of the cast showed up on stage in character during YYZ.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 03:47:56 AM »
Love this show and the mockumentary style - I've watched all the nine seasons. My favorite episodes are "Who's the Microphone Assassin?" and "Three Good Men Are Dead."

"PEANUT BUTTER AND JAAAAAAAM!!!"

"BUT I CAN GIVE YOU SOME GREEN EGGS AND HAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!"

Offline Jester

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 09:25:48 PM »
Just started watching this even though it has been on "My List" for Netflix for years.

I'm not going to say it is brilliant, but it is definitely a turn off the brain and just laugh show.  Those can be the best shows as they put you in a good mood.

Question:  Anybody else look at Julian and think "Petrucci and Sherinian had a baby!!!"
Political discussion post-election = pointless.
Nothing like getting a lecture on “what is and will happen” from the same people that just went 0 for 100 at bat during the election cycle.

Offline Jester

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 10:21:11 AM »
I keep hearing "Gonna get my Grade 10" or "I got my Grade 11".  Is that actually a common saying in Canada?  When it comes to underachievers here in the US, it is more about "Got my GED".
Nothing like getting a lecture on “what is and will happen” from the same people that just went 0 for 100 at bat during the election cycle.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 01:24:52 PM »
Watched the latest European tour season. There were some laugh out loud moments, and was great filler until we get back to Sunnyvale; but cannot wait to see more Lahey and Company. I love this show.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 04:03:12 PM »
I'm from Canada, so I get alot of the inside jokes.  I absolutely love the show and watch it all the time.  I don't think they will ever match seasons 1-6, but since they brought the show back a few years ago, the new seasons are doing the legacy of TBP'S justice.

By being on a Dream Theater forum, you are likely a fan of Rush.  If so, you owe it to yourself to track down the episode called "Closer to the Heart" from season 3.  It stars Alex Lifeson and that's my favorite episode without a doubt.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 07:56:31 AM »
Duck tape and Alex Lifeson. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Jester

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 08:04:37 AM »
I has this running on Netflix right before I went to bed.  Fell asleep faster than I'd planned and woke up with the Alex Lifeson episode playing.  Total confusion as to what was going on, but I figured "that dude looks like Alex Lifeson".  Then some Rush rolling cabinets show up.  Ok, that must be somebody playing Alex, because no way would Alex Lifeson be a part of this show.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 10:45:05 AM »
The best part of that episode is when Ricky tells Alex Lifeson to play "I Like to Rock" or that "Diane Sawyer" song.

Offline Jester

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 11:04:32 AM »
I mean Rush is okay, but they're no Helix   :P

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 11:08:04 AM »
I agree

Rush just has lyrics about how trees are talking to each other, how your brain works and outer space bullshit

Helix..........give me an R......O............C...........K!!!

Offline Jester

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 11:16:23 AM »
It is funny how TV characters grow on you.  The fact that Julian always has a glass of alcohol in his hand never stops cracking me up.  I absolutely love turn your brain off and just laugh comedy.  Has to be extremely healthy as a combat to everyday stress.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 11:19:23 AM »
It is funny how TV characters grow on you.  The fact that Julian always has a glass of alcohol in his hand never stops cracking me up.  I absolutely love turn your brain off and just laugh comedy.  Has to be extremely healthy as a combat to everyday stress.

The most classic is when Julian was in that car accident and got out of the smoking car with his glass of rye still in check lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 11:26:23 AM »
I agree

Rush just has lyrics about how trees are talking to each other, how your brain works and outer space bullshit

Helix..........give me an R......O............C...........K!!!

Man this post  is deep, and it cuts like a knife.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 11:29:59 AM »
 :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 11:44:53 AM »
Hell, that could also work for another Canadian songwriter. :lol

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 03:40:08 AM »
I went to see TPB's Dear Santa Claus, Go F*ck Yourself show in Helsinki last week. It was hilarious as hell, especially the parts where they had volunteers on stage. Randy twerked during Liquor and Whores! :lol Here's a blurry photo:

I haven't checked out the new Out of the Park episodes yet, gotta watch them at some point.

Offline Jester

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 04:08:05 AM »
Sexy.

I just finished the standard episodes.  Didn't realize the Out of the Park was a new set of episodes.  I thought it was just another live show (which would be great to see in person, but not as cool as a video).

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »
I've seen them live as well before.  Great show!

Offline Jester

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »
 :rollin
Started watching Out of the Park episodes.  They have no money, no food, no pot, no alcohol and yet no matter how destitute they get, Julian still has his glass and it magically is not empty.

It is such a simple gag, but for some reason I never tire of it.  He's going to be buried with that thing and it won't be empty.