Author Topic: Legacy Pilots feat. Jordan Rudess, Todd Suchermann, Marco Minnemann and more  (Read 631 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
With AVIATION, Legacy Pilots now release their second album.
Frank Us has again gathered illustrious top musicians around him:
Marco Minnemann, Todd Sucherman, Pete Trewavas, John Mitchell, Finally George, Jake Livgren and as guests Steve Morse and Jordan Rudess are a remarkable line-up.
From catchy pop pearls and ballads, to sophisticated rock titles and epic-progressive works with durations of over 10 minutes, the musicians offer a wide range of their art, in which the composition and not the undoubtedly existing technique is still in the foreground.

https://legacypilots.bandcamp.com/album/aviation

Legacy Pilots - A Different League (Official Video - Full Version)
LEGACY PILOTS - An Adventurous Journey (Official Video)

Sounds cool, the first album went under my radar completely. Will check this out!  :tup

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Holy Crap, I like this!  I never knew Todd had a side project from Styx!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 03:33:33 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Yea i've never heard about this either. He recently released a solo album though.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
Holy Crap, I like this!  I never know Todd had a side project from Styx!
it's not his personal side project, it's just session work for him (as with Jordan). That being said though, he already appeared on the first Legacy Pilots album and it's nice IMHO. (also featuring Steven Rothery btw)

Another session for Todd I really love is Borromean Odyssey by Antoine Fafard. Massive album. Very jazz fusiony in the best possible way.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Rothery???? What?

How many albums does this band have and who plays on them?