Author Topic: Awake vinyl  (Read 950 times)

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
Awake vinyl
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »
Hey, guys.  I don't get on here too much anymore, but I hope your don't mind me asking a question.  I'm looking into buying Awake on vinyl,  but the only ones I can find that are affordable are either white or silver vinyl or a UK import.  Does anyone know the difference between the us version and the UK import?
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline OpenYourEyes311

Re: Awake vinyl
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:53:40 AM »
Looks like Music on Vinyl has a Silver vinyl for sale on the website:
https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/dream-theater/awake-coloured#.WDMzT0szV9M

Enjoy the Ride looks to only be selling leftover stock. You'll get a random version of either Black Vinyl (North American version), White Vinyl (European Version), or the Blue/Gold Swirl (Limited Edition Version):
https://enjoytheride.storenvy.com/products/9955051-dream-theater-2xlp-awake-webstore-exclusive-variant

All I can tell you is I have the swirled Limited Edition from ETR, and I think it's great. The music sounds good. Only thing is I believe I've heard the MOV version has a better looking cover, and the ETR version's cover is a bit of a lower resolution. But that's stuff I don't really care about. I'm sure the music sounds good on any version of Awake.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
Re: Awake vinyl
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »
Thanks a lot!  I just went to ETR and ordered one.  I did find lower prices on eBay, but this way I 100% know what I'm getting.  I really appreciate the help!
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame