Author Topic: Holiday music game/activity/playlist  (Read 602 times)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Holiday music game/activity/playlist
« on: November 17, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »
 I want to separate this from a roulette type of game, but I want to do a holiday music game for the season upcoming. I really do enjoy listening to Christmas and holiday music of all types, and I'm probably not alone here. Would anybody be interested in something like this? I really don't know what I'm gonna do yet, but I want to do something
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:40:14 PM by splent »
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: Holiday music game/activity/playlist
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:44:52 PM »
Ok new idea

I tried this last year and it didn't really work. But I'm better at Google now. I may also do a top 25 or something.

Anyways I will make a google form or two and then people can send me their top 3-5 Christmas/holiday songs in order preferably. Each persons #1 will get 5 pts, #2 will get 4 and so on. I'll add up the song totals and make a playlist for each form.

I'm thinking:
Favorite holiday songs (straight up)
Favorite rock versions of holiday songs
Favorite classic versions of holiday songs (at least up till the 70s or early 80s since some songs in the 80s were released and have that "classic" feel like Johnny Mathis)

Maybe more.

Maybe it's overkill and I'll just end up posting my favorites with people posting suggestions. But this seems more interesting. Unless anyone has a better idea.
I don’t know what to put here anymore