Author Topic: Your concerts for 2017  (Read 33433 times)

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2017
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2017, 09:43:21 AM »
So far, Kansas April 20th, Mastadon April 23rd  :metal  and Depeche Mode in August.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:45:45 AM by Podaar »
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »

Updated with IQ... will be seeing them live for the first time after beeing a fan for half my life!!!

So jealous. I got to see them years ago on the Ever tour..when I was first getting into them. Now that they're by far my favorite band, they haven't been to the western US in eons. Kills me that to see them again will probably cost me a few grand and a European vacation (or at least a trip across country)

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2017, 03:16:02 AM »
MAAAASTOOODOOON! :2metal: on June 27th
Same :metal

Also considering Solstafir on the 17th of June but I don't like them as much as you seem to.

NICE  :metal :metal

I'm considering going to Graspop (the line up is really sick  :omg:), so I might not be able to go to that Solstafir concert, but they also play on Graspop anyway  :P (also Alcest,  Anathema, Devin Townsend, Epica, Gojira, MASTODON, Nothing More, Opeth and waay more awesomeness)
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2017, 04:35:59 AM »
Actually not sure if I'm going to Mastodon yet unfortunately, I like them but money is running short and there's plenty of shows I prefer to this one in the upcoming few months. Of course if the new album is brilliant I have to go though
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2017, 08:19:05 AM »
Just got 6th row to see Toto in a new small theater 30 minutes from my house.  SCORE!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2017, 12:33:22 PM »

Updated with IQ... will be seeing them live for the first time after beeing a fan for half my life!!!

So jealous. I got to see them years ago on the Ever tour..when I was first getting into them. Now that they're by far my favorite band, they haven't been to the western US in eons. Kills me that to see them again will probably cost me a few grand and a European vacation (or at least a trip across country)

Jealous that you got to see them on the Ever tour... would have loved to see that. They have only been to Sweden twice and I did not manage to see them then... soo much looking forward to this.

BTW just got the Scrape Across the Sky BlueRay.... really recommend

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2017, 01:11:12 PM »
Actually not sure if I'm going to Mastodon yet unfortunately, I like them but money is running short and there's plenty of shows I prefer to this one in the upcoming few months. Of course if the new album is brilliant I have to go though
Andromeda sounds really promising :azn:

Just bought tickets for Vulfpeck, 17th of september, this could be a fun one  ;D
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2017, 04:56:37 AM »
Went to:

18th of February - Stockholm - Dream Theater - Images and Words and beyond tour....
Was my 11th time seeing DT... fantastic as always... seeing ACOS was a dream since the EP was released

7th of March - Stockholm- Gojira
First time seing Gojira since becoming a fan with From Mars to Sirius back in the day. Gojira were really amazing and played a great set with a lot of my favorites.
The two support acts, Car Bomb and Code Orange did nothing for me though.

9th of March - Stockholm - Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed & Chevelle
Man what a show... not even a real fan of them, going mostly because two co-workers went. Chevelle was not really a fav and had less of a spectacular show but Disturbed put the Globe on fire quite litterally... lots of pyro, great frontman and great setlist. Had seen them before and knew they were good.
Avenged Sevenfold, I had not really listened to them before we bought the tickets. Awesome show... great stage with a thin 'tounge' going out into the crowd and nine enourmous screens showing footage from the show and animations. Great players and a frontman who could really get the crowd going.
So glad I went... A7X really got my attention with this

Upcoming:
1st of April - Malmö - Neil Morse Band

16th of May - Katowice- Dream Theater - Images and Words and beyond tour

13th of October - Stockholm - IQ

Will hopefully see these shows in the amusement park Gröna Lund during the summer

Alice Cooper
Slayer
Megadeath
D.A.D
[/quote]

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2017, 07:40:46 AM »

Just saw that IQ are playing in Canada, Quebec on the 8th of April. Shorter trip than to europe at least.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2017, 12:13:26 PM »
Happy 3/11 day! 311 announced their summer US tour.  Looks like I will be going to two shows, NYC and NJ.  Third summer in a row seeing them outdoors at the Stone Pony along the Jersey shore.  Perfect location for them so I am really excited for this again.  :metal

Also Amaranthe was pretty awesome last night.  It was maybe the most empty I've seen a concert in a long time.  It was a pretty intimate performance getting so close and having plenty of space.  Shook Elize's hand a couple times.  The replacement singer for Jake E was better than last time I saw them with him.  Amaranthe - Endlessly Live Asbury Park NJ

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2017, 12:41:00 AM »
Updating with tonight's show by Umphrey's McGee and Spafford...

January-
Enchant
Thank You Scientist/Consider the Source
March-
Umphrey's McGee/Spafford

Upcoming

For Sure-
May 10- Sabaton
May 25- Mindmaze

Maybes- Coheed & Cambria
             Katatonia

Really tempted- Babymetal at the Shoreline in June

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
So last night seeing DTP, Tesseract and Leprous was great. I learnt something and confirmed two other things.

First off I learnt that Leprous have one beast of a drummer. Baard was just on fire last night, he plays with such energy and really bashes the shit out of his kit. I think I realised that part of what I love so much about The Congregation, especially, is the drumming. I'm not much of an air drummer, but I am when listening to these guys. Einar was also great last night and I really love his voice. I don't know how well they went over last night, not a lot of people seemed to know them and the people I spoke to after weren't hugely into it. I'm not sure what my impression would have been if that was my first exposure to them (other than "This drummer kicks ass").

Last night also confirmed that Tesseract do nothing for me. I've tried with these guys, the music is ok, if a bit samey, but I just don't connect with them.

Finally, last night confirmed that Devin has the best crowd to artist banter between songs. He just comes across really genuine, doesn't take himself seriously and has fun. I already knew this, obviously, it just confirmed he is my favourite for this sort of thing. The atmosphere was really different from any other metal gig I've been to. I mean, for music that is, for the most part, metal, there were no circle pits and very little crowd movement. There was lots of headbanging, which I was fully involved with, but other than that it was quite reserved. That's fine and it fits Devin's music but it was just different to most gigs I go to. Either way, it was great, the set was pretty good (even though they just played the exact same set they have been playing recently, so no surprises there). I did find myself wishing Anneke had been there, for some of the songs. As my first time seeing Devin though I had a big, shit eating grin on my face throughout. There were a few nice surprises in the crowd last night as well. Turns out Paul and Craig (my step uncle and cousin I guess) were there. They don't even really now Devin's music but they are huge metal heads so gave it a go anyway  :metal. I need to find out what they thought of it. Also, a few other friends (and friends of friends) were actually there so was good to see some familiar faces.

Next up, Haken in under two weeks  :metal

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »
This is what I have so far for 2017:

2/7-11 Cruise to the Edge (epic/amazing experience)
2/26 Pain of Salvation- Webster Hall NYC (great set, though the set felt a little on the short side)
5/11 Mastodon- Hammerstein Ballroom NYC
5/19 Metallica- Gillette Stadium, MA
7/22 Iron Maiden- Barclay's Center, NYC (still undecided)

Plus will go to at least one, if not multiple shows whenever DT and Haken announce North America tour dates.

Updated after PoS. Also decided to cut out one of the Maiden shows, don't like the new album enough to go to multiple dates. The extra show added in Brooklyn does work out well though.

I have a floor ticket I can sell you for face value, let me know.  For the Saturday Barclays IM show.

Just saw this, I may take you up on it. I have a ticket for a seat in the lower section, but if I can sell that I'd be happier with a floor ticket. Also need to make sure I'm not leaving for vacation until Sunday, which I'm 95% sure is the case.

Updating with tonight's show by Umphrey's McGee and Spafford...

January-
Enchant
Thank You Scientist/Consider the Source
March-
Umphrey's McGee/Spafford

Upcoming

For Sure-
May 10- Sabaton
May 25- Mindmaze

Maybes- Coheed & Cambria
             Katatonia

Really tempted- Babymetal at the Shoreline in June

How'd you like Umphrey's? I saw them once about 8 years ago and really enjoyed it. I've been meaning to see them again, just never lined up.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2017, 11:09:53 AM »
Updated with Pain of Salvation who just released tickets for a sneak preview of the European tour at Lokomotivet in Eskilstuna on the 28th of march (same location were they performed BE live and where the video to Ashes was recorded)
Went to:

18th of February - Stockholm - Dream Theater - Images and Words and beyond tour....
Was my 11th time seeing DT... fantastic as always... seeing ACOS was a dream since the EP was released

7th of March - Stockholm- Gojira
First time seing Gojira since becoming a fan with From Mars to Sirius back in the day. Gojira were really amazing and played a great set with a lot of my favorites.
The two support acts, Car Bomb and Code Orange did nothing for me though.

9th of March - Stockholm - Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed & Chevelle
Man what a show... not even a real fan of them, going mostly because two co-workers went. Chevelle was not really a fav and had less of a spectacular show but Disturbed put the Globe on fire quite litterally... lots of pyro, great frontman and great setlist. Had seen them before and knew they were good.
Avenged Sevenfold, I had not really listened to them before we bought the tickets. Awesome show... great stage with a thin 'tounge' going out into the crowd and nine enourmous screens showing footage from the show and animations. Great players and a frontman who could really get the crowd going.
So glad I went... A7X really got my attention with this

Upcoming:
28th of March - Pain of Salvation - Eskilstuna

1st of April - Malmö - Neil Morse Band

16th of May - Katowice- Dream Theater - Images and Words and beyond tour

13th of October - Stockholm - IQ

Will hopefully see these shows in the amusement park Gröna Lund during the summer

Alice Cooper
Slayer
Megadeath
D.A.D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2017, 12:55:43 PM »
Just today bought my tickets for two 311 shows and another AFI show.

Twosuitsluke, did you mention before about liking the Skints?  Maybe someone else did, I forget.  But looks like they are the opener for the 311 tour this summer.

2/26 Pain of Salvation- Webster Hall NYC (great set, though the set felt a little on the short side)

Plus will go to at least one, if not multiple shows whenever DT and Haken announce North America tour dates.

Updated after PoS. Also decided to cut out one of the Maiden shows, don't like the new album enough to go to multiple dates. The extra show added in Brooklyn does work out well though.

I have a floor ticket I can sell you for face value, let me know.  For the Saturday Barclays IM show.

Just saw this, I may take you up on it. I have a ticket for a seat in the lower section, but if I can sell that I'd be happier with a floor ticket. Also need to make sure I'm not leaving for vacation until Sunday, which I'm 95% sure is the case.

Let me know, I got the tickets in hand and 2 are going to another member of this forum leaving me with one extra.  I don't think any of my friends want it so I am likely to put it on stubhub soon.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »

Twosuitsluke, did you mention before about liking the Skints?  Maybe someone else did, I forget.  But looks like they are the opener for the 311 tour this summer.

Yea dude, I love The Skints, they're a great UK reggae band. I recently got tickets to see them at the beginning of May. Hopefully you'll enjoy them. Their first album had some more punk elements (which I preferred) but their latest (third) album is more full on reggae. Cram, I know you are also a punk fan so I'll try to remember to recommend you some stuff every now and then  :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2017, 01:15:16 PM »
Nice! I probably wont see them in NYC because I'll be going straight from work and likely miss the opener, but the second show is a saturday so I expect to be able to get there for them  :metal

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
Ok cool, well this is the first track from their debut album and a great example of their early sound https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iRpfIsyLcBc

They can tend to be a bit boring to see live, that's my only criticism of them. They can sometimes look a bit bored or like they're taking themselves too seriously. I've seen them about 4 times but the last time was probably over 5 years ago. They may have loosened up a bit.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2017, 02:12:04 PM »
Ok cool, well this is the first track from their debut album and a great example of their early sound https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iRpfIsyLcBc

They can tend to be a bit boring to see live, that's my only criticism of them. They can sometimes look a bit bored or like they're taking themselves too seriously. I've seen them about 4 times but the last time was probably over 5 years ago. They may have loosened up a bit.

Boring live kind of sucks.  But it's also reggae which is more of a chill live vibe and makes me wonder if they are just really high  :lol

Remind me a bit of Pepper who I just got into and saw a month or so ago (who remind me of sublime, this band sounds more like Long Beach Dub All Stars than Sublime).  I'm not blown away by this song or the songs that have come on after, but it's solid music.  Definitely seem like a good fit to tour with 311.  Should be a good time seeing them.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2017, 10:16:35 PM »
3/25 Brit Floyd
5/16 Iron Maiden- Glasgow, Scotland

PEOPLE OF BRITANNIA...HOW THE HELL DO I GET RESELL TICKETS???
I know the Man is cracking down, but Bloody Hell, this is ridiculous! I'm trying to score tix for Maiden in Aberdeen for the 17th of May too. I mean, what happens if you have tickets to an event and can't go and need to sell them? What is a reputable ticket reseller on your side of the pond?? Thank you.

6/2-6/4 Bunbury Music Festival- Muse
6/12 Tom Petty
6/23 U2
7/20 Roger Waters
9/10 Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Edgar Winter

You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2017, 09:34:16 PM »
How'd you like Umphrey's? I saw them once about 8 years ago and really enjoyed it. I've been meaning to see them again, just never lined up.

Tremendous show, great visuals and top notch music. They covered Steely Dan's Kid Charlamagne and just fucking owned it. Unfortunatly I had to leave early since I was working at 6am the next day, seems they closed with a cover of Metallica And Justice for All. Oh well...

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2017, 03:25:54 PM »
Geoff Tate (ended up being a great show)
Kyng (didn't happen -- just couldn't make it)
Fifth Angel
Roger Waters
Iron Maiden
Last in Line
Michael Sweet
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:49:32 AM by AnybodyListening.net »
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2017, 01:19:02 AM »
Man, the Plini concert was awesome. Probably the most uplifting concert I've been to, the whole crowd and all the musicians all seemed so happy in a way I never would've thought I'd experience at other prog concerts :D.

Also got to meet David Maxim Micic and got him to sign my Who Bit The Moon CD :metal and Sunday it's Gojira / Car Bomb time (and that remaining support act I don't really care for right now)
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2017, 02:39:10 AM »
Man, the Plini concert was awesome. Probably the most uplifting concert I've been to, the whole crowd and all the musicians all seemed so happy in a way I never would've thought I'd experience at other prog concerts :D.

Also got to meet David Maxim Micic and got him to sign my Who Bit The Moon CD :metal and Sunday it's Gojira / Car Bomb time (and that remaining support act I don't really care for right now)

Hell yeah!!!

I've got Haken coming up on Saturday, really looking forward to it  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2017, 05:05:39 PM »
Scorpions with Megadeath US tour just announced,

September 16 at MSG, definitely interested.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »

Let me know, I got the tickets in hand and 2 are going to another member of this forum leaving me with one extra.  I don't think any of my friends want it so I am likely to put it on stubhub soon.

OK, so definitely interested if you haven't otherwised disposed of that floor ticket yet.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »
April  -- Steel Panther
May -- RoSfest
June -- Toto
July -- Iron Maiden
August -- The Neal Morse Band.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2017, 07:53:45 PM »
Elton John was amazing last night. Glad I bought tickets.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2017, 03:39:56 AM »
Got tickets to see Distant Worlds - Music from Final Fantasy at the Royal Albert Hall, 4th November!!

So happy, they sold out pretty quick. Saw this about 3 years ago and it was epic. Also seeing The King Blues at the end of April  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2017, 05:27:49 AM »

OK, so definitely interested if you haven't otherwised disposed of that floor ticket yet.

Hey, sorry, my buddy who is going on Friday night decided when I saw him last weekend to swap tickets since Saturday is actually easier for him to make.  So my Saturday tickets are all gone, I do have one for Friday in Brooklyn now though if you wanted that one for face value (about 50 bucks cheaper than stubhub before fees).  The Saturday show isn't sold out though, there's a lot of seats open, although no floor.  Sorry. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2017, 06:40:10 AM »
May is gonna be busy:

RoSFest
Xandria/Kobra & Lotus/Once Human
Mindmaze
Evergrey/Need/Ascendia/Seven Kingdoms
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »
So Next to None were Haken's first support band tonight. Goddamn, MP's boy has a spring up his ass!! He was great, he had more stage presence than the rest of the band put together. Not really a fan of their music (especially the vocals which were edging on the emo/metalcore end of the spectrum) but the kids drumming was pretty spectacular, he was beating the shit out of that kit  :metal

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2017, 07:20:03 PM »
Stuff.
Hey, sorry, my buddy who is going on Friday night decided when I saw him last weekend to swap tickets since Saturday is actually easier for him to make.  So my Saturday tickets are all gone, I do have one for Friday in Brooklyn now though if you wanted that one for face value (about 50 bucks cheaper than stubhub before fees).  The Saturday show isn't sold out though, there's a lot of seats open, although no floor.  Sorry. 

No worries, that's on me for taking forever to get my plans sorted. I already have a ticket for Saturday, but it's a seat (lower section) rather than floor, so I was hoping to upgrade. Seat might not be bad though, gives me more time to drink beforehand since I don't have to worry about getting a decent spot  :yarr

You going to the Saturday show?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2017, 07:29:40 PM »
Just bought a ticket to see Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit in July!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2017, 10:12:26 PM »
Stuff.

No worries, that's on me for taking forever to get my plans sorted. I already have a ticket for Saturday, but it's a seat (lower section) rather than floor, so I was hoping to upgrade. Seat might not be bad though, gives me more time to drink beforehand since I don't have to worry about getting a decent spot  :yarr

You going to the Saturday show?

Yea Ill be at both, and the Jersey show 6 weeks earlier.  :metal