Author Topic: Your concerts for 2017  (Read 33405 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2017
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2016, 01:26:55 PM »
I kind of stopped going to concerts a while ago, mixture of bands I like not really coming here and me not being too excited to see anyone.

But when Metallica announces their eventual US tour, I think I might just go to that.

I'd like to see Metallica as well, the one band I've liked for so long that I haven't seen before.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2016, 01:27:55 PM »
I kind of stopped going to concerts a while ago, mixture of bands I like not really coming here and me not being too excited to see anyone.

But when Metallica announces their eventual US tour, I think I might just go to that.

I'd like to see Metallica as well, the one band I've liked for so long that I haven't seen before.

I've seen them twice, even met them once, but that was over 10 years ago. Their new album actually gets me excited to see them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2016, 01:36:41 PM »

I've seen them twice, even met them once, but that was over 10 years ago. Their new album actually gets me excited to see them.

I'd hope they play more new songs than the three singles too.  Even though I haven't seen them before, I'd be fine missing out on classic songs to get a fresher setlist.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2016, 01:38:34 PM »
Yea, it's a bit odd that they're only playing the three singles, since they really hyped up the album and all. I'm really hoping if they do a proper tour, they'll do Dream No More, Halo on Fire and Spit out the Bone as well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2016, 01:42:23 PM »
Yea, it's a bit odd that they're only playing the three singles, since they really hyped up the album and all. I'm really hoping if they do a proper tour, they'll do Dream No More, Halo on Fire and Spit out the Bone as well.

Yea Id expect that as well and that would be sweeet. 

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2016, 03:24:46 PM »
Typhoon April 4th in St.Paul, unfortunately it's promoted by the local Hipster College Rock/NPR Station and also is split with a comedian who I've never heard of.

I guess if I find a way to get a free ticket I will go, but I'd much rather get a full headlining set if I'm going to spend $35 or $40.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 12:56:21 AM »
 So far,  Neal Morse band (with Portnoy) in Seattle Jan 17th. 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 01:10:32 AM »
Dream Theater Amsterdam HMH on the 25th of april confirmed !  :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 03:17:08 AM »
I'll add Deep Purple on my list (May 16th). And I'm thinking about INmusic Festival (June 19th-21st), there are usually indie bands, and sometimes some metal bands. Only two bands are announced so far: Arcade Fire and Alt-J.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 07:53:11 AM »
January 20th - Reel Big Fish & Anti-Flag, NJ - Have ticket
February 3rd - AFI, NYC - Have ticket
February 17th - Less Than Jake & Pepper, NYC
March 9th - Amaranthe, NJ - Have ticket
April 24th - Delain & Hammerfall, NYC
May 7th - Devin Townsend Project, Gojira, & Opeth, NJ

Just updated my list, it's starting to fill up.  I can't wait till I start seeing the summer concerts at PNC Arts Center this year, hoping for lots of good bands to come through town again.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2016, 02:57:45 PM »
Here's what is lined up so far:

January - Neal Morse Band
February - Alcest
March - Katatonia
April - Amorphis
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 08:48:08 AM »
Just bought tickets to a just announced Plini show, March 21st. He will be accompanied by DispersE and David Maxim Micic :metal
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 10:46:08 AM »
So far just Opeth at Red Rocks.  :metal
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2017, 07:53:36 AM »
January 20th - Reel Big Fish & Anti-Flag, NJ - TOMORROW! First concert of the year
February 3rd - AFI, NYC - Loving the new single Snow Cats
February 17th - Less Than Jake & Pepper, NYC - I actually think it's doubtful I can go to this show, but we will see.  I may have a business trip this week
March 9th - Amaranthe, NJ - Have ticket
April 24th - Delain & Hammerfall, NYC - Still need to get a ticket
May 7th - Devin Townsend Project, Gojira, & Opeth, NJ - Still need to get a ticket
June 7th - Iron Maiden and Ghost, NJ - Fan club pre-sale next week
July 21 - Iron Maiden and Ghost, Brooklyn NY - Fan club pre-sale next week

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2017, 02:20:23 AM »
Have a shitton (for my standards) of concerts coming up the next few months, full list:

1 February: Lemaitre - Sugarfactory, Amsterdam
2 February: KAKKMADDAFAKKA (wtf is this name :lol) - Melkweg, Amsterdam
5 February: Movits! - Melkweg, Amsterdam
10 March: Devin Townsend & BTBAM & Leprous - Melkweg, Amsterdam
21 March: Plini & DispersE & David Maxim Micic - Patronaat, Haarlem
26 March: Gojira & Car Bomb & Code Orange - Ronda (TivoliVredenburg), Utrecht
16 April: Dubioza Kolektiv - Melkweg, Amsterdam
27 May: Periphery & The Contortionist & Destrage & Decapitated (more TBA) - (indoor festival) Fortarock in the City, Doornroosje, Nijmegen
(I may go to the Haken show as well but I'm not sure yet)

I may not be anticipating nearly as many new albums this year compared to 2016, but I've never seen so many bands I love in one year, this year is going to kick ass. :metal As well as a few bands I'm not too familiar with but heard good things about.

February 17th - Less Than Jake & Pepper, NYC - I actually think it's doubtful I can go to this show, but we will see.  I may have a business trip this week
You're seeing these guys an awful lot, are they locals?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:25:40 AM by Train of Naught »
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 02:35:35 AM »

16 April: Dubioza Kolektiv - Melkweg, Amsterdam

Really? You like them?

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 02:44:42 AM »
Well, not really (No Escape (from Balkan) is pretty fucking cool though), but I figured they're great to see in concert. I love energetic shows like that where it's constantly just about mindlessly jumping around and crowdsurfing :lol there's this huge group of friends I go with but barely talk to in real life, I went to a Russkaja concert with them last November and it was one of the most fun concerts ever

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 02:50:00 AM »
I remember everyone in my high school liked them but I never really got them :-\ it's just not my music.
Also, I didn't know they are popular outside Balkan.

Offline krands85

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2017, 04:41:22 AM »
Not much for me so far.

23rd March - Haken - Glasgow
20th April - Dream Theater - Glasgow

Oh and I went along with a friend to a Sabaton gig a couple weeks back, but I don't really know them very well.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 06:57:23 AM »
Dream Theater this coming 4th of February, Loreena McKennitt in March, Blind Guardian in July and Helloween in September! and countless local minor gigs.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2017, 09:07:07 AM »

They are from Florida so no, but they tend to hit up the NJ/NYC area a lot because the ska scene was pretty big here in the 90s and still draws a good crowd.  I've seen them a lot as a kid cause I really liked them growing up and then went like 15 years before I saw them again this summer and it's been like I need to catch up with them  :lol

Honestly ska concerts are just a lot of fun.  There's a good pit usually and the people are always friendly at these shows. 

I saw Reel Big Fish last night, another ska concert, and it was so much fun.  I drank a bit too much and am feeling it this morning, but I had a great time. 

Most of Reel Big Fish's Encore (I'm Cool / Everyone Else is an Asshole / Where Have You Been

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 09:11:43 AM »

They are from Florida so no, but they tend to hit up the NJ/NYC area a lot because the ska scene was pretty big here in the 90s and still draws a good crowd.  I've seen them a lot as a kid cause I really liked them growing up and then went like 15 years before I saw them again this summer and it's been like I need to catch up with them  :lol

Honestly ska concerts are just a lot of fun.  There's a good pit usually and the people are always friendly at these shows. 

I saw Reel Big Fish last night, another ska concert, and it was so much fun.  I drank a bit too much and am feeling it this morning, but I had a great time. 

Most of Reel Big Fish's Encore (I'm Cool / Everyone Else is an Asshole / Where Have You Been

I've probably been to more ska punk gigs than any other genre, they are totally the most fun. I've seen Reel Big Fish in double figures, easily. They are always great for a good drunken sing-along. The UK scene is still fairly strong and I saw Less Than Jake as well a few months ago, great fun. I can link a video from the last show where I can be seen crowd surfing, always a good time.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 09:17:23 AM »
^ I just saw that one in the 2016 thread :lol your hair is instantly recognizable.

Agreed with you guys about ska concerts, I think the music's alright but I pull the trigger on these shows because everyone is so friendly and there's such a positive vibe through and through. Pretty much the opposite from post-rock concerts, which I also seem to love. :lol Really just depends on the kind of night it is, I'm not going to get hammered at a Caspian concert.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2017, 09:54:56 AM »
^ I just saw that one in the 2016 thread :lol your hair is instantly recognizable.

Yea, I never get lost in a crowd and because I'm fairly tall my friends often use my hair as a beacon at a gig  :lol

Punk rock gigs are just so much fun and the energy is generally great  :tup

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »
OK, so far I've gotten to....

Jan 6th- Enchant @ Vinnies Bar & Grill
Jan 22nd- Consider the Source, Thank You Scientist @ The New Parish

Nothing purchased on the horizon as of now...

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
Ok, so this line up of Ska Punk bands has been announced for Slam Dunk Festival

https://m.facebook.com/slamdunkltd/photos/a.204573376219580.59635.135991386411113/1595950300415207/?type=3&source=48

Not sure I can pass up seeing The Mad Caddies, Goldfinger, Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake one after another!!! All they need is to announce King Prawn, Capdown and Streetlight Manifesto for the ultimate ska punk line up  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2017, 11:36:59 AM »

https://m.facebook.com/slamdunkltd/photos/a.204573376219580.59635.135991386411113/1595950300415207/?type=3&source=48

Not sure I can pass up seeing The Mad Caddies, Goldfinger, Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake one after another!!! All they need is to announce King Prawn, Capdown and Streetlight Manifesto for the ultimate ska punk line up  :metal

Yea that's a sick ska show line up

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »

Yea that's a sick ska show line up

I knew you'd get it dude  :biggrin: I'm rounding up my buddies for this skank fest  :lol

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2017, 08:11:11 AM »
Seeing Pain of Salvation live in Zwolle at april the 16th  :metal Really looking forward to this!
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2017, 08:24:56 AM »
June 16th - U2 - Philly (hopefully)

My wife has wanted to see them forever.  Since I'm not a big fan, they've never been on my radar.  Figured I'd try this time around.  Damn thing was sold out before they went onsale to the general public.  Bunch of fan club bullsh*t!  Essentially, all they did was jack people for an additional $50 per order for their membership.  Had I known, I would've bit the bullet and gotten a membership.  Now, I'm gonna be stuck paying Stubhub prices for $30 tix.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 10:15:55 AM »
Seeing Pain of Salvation live in Zwolle at april the 16th  :metal Really looking forward to this!

Jealous... what is up with them not playing any dates in Sweden? Not even in the hometown of the band, Eskilstuna...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »
I'm seeing AFI (for the first time since 2001) on Friday the 3rd in NYC and noticed from their setlists that they have a good rotation of songs being played and I've been really digging their catalogue lately so I just got myself a hotel room and will be trying to go see them the next day in Boston.  Concert is sold out, but stub hub has affordable (although double face value) tickets so it seems I will likely see them twice this tour and hopefully get a good dose of different songs.  :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2017, 09:49:17 AM »
BOC
Iron Maiden
RoSfest
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2017, 10:07:17 AM »
Neal Morse tonight :metal
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »
Neal Morse tonight :metal

:metal

Meeting up with Kev?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC