Author Topic: Your concerts for 2017  (Read 33400 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Your concerts for 2017
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2017, 07:38:53 AM »
:lol

So do I just see DT in NJ or do I also go to the NYC show?  Maybe both?  :biggrin:

I'm definitely doing NYC. The NJ and Philly shows are also under consideration since they're on the weekend, but I'll probably only do one out of those two dates.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2017, 07:49:03 AM »
Just realized I have a ticket for HIM in NYC on November 17th, so maybe I should just do DT on the 16th and take that friday off from work, maybe hit up a museum in the city, see HIM that friday, come home and see DT again?  That sounds like a plan... but how the hell do you get the DT tickets?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2017, 08:42:33 AM »
Looks like DT for me 10/29
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2017, 10:23:47 AM »
Hmmm, should I check out the Mighty Mighty Bosstones this Saturday?  Playing their "Let's Face it" album in full.  It's local so it won't cost much to attend or take too much effort.  I've seen them once before back in like 2002 or something and I remember having a great time.  Ska bands are always so much fun to see.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »
Hmmm, should I check out the Mighty Mighty Bosstones this Saturday?  Playing their "Let's Face it" album in full.  It's local so it won't cost much to attend or take too much effort.  I've seen them once before back in like 2002 or something and I remember having a great time.  Ska bands are always so much fun to see.

Never actually seen TMMB, I'd definitely pull the trigger and go. Let's Face It is probably my #2 album from them. Ska bands are where the fun times are at  :hat

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »
Figured you'd say to go  :lol

I'm definitely leaning that way since my Saturday otherwise looks bland.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2017, 04:08:09 PM »
Figured you'd say to go  :lol

I'm definitely leaning that way since my Saturday otherwise looks bland.

That's a definite yes then...

Enjoy the show and let me know how it went.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: July 28, 2017, 07:50:41 AM »
Yea, just confirmed last night my plans with the GF this weekend (she was considering coming) but now that we are chilling tonight, my plans for tomorrow are open.... so I got my ticket.  Updated concert list below (with links to my videos):

January 20th - Reel Big Fish & Anti-Flag @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ (Im Cool / Everyone Else is an Asshole / Where Have You Been)
February 3rd - AFI @ Terminal 5, New York NY (The Conductor)
February 4th - AFI @ Paradise Rock Club, Boston MA (Now The World)
February 17th - Less Than Jake & Pepper @ Playstation Theater, New York NY ( LTJ - Bomb Drop, Pepper - Ho's)
March 7th - Red Hot Chili Peppers @ Staples Center, Los Angeles CA (Parallel Universe)
March 10th - Amaranthe @ House of Independents, Asbury Park NJ (Endlessly)
April 13th - Bon Jovi @ Madison Square Garden, New York NY (Roller Coaster)
April 15th - Def Leppard and Poison @ Nassau Coliseum, Long Island NY (Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me, Poison - Unskinny Bop)
April 24th - Delain & Hammerfall @ Stage 48, New York NY (Delain -
 April Rain
, Hammerfall - Dethrone and Defy)
May 14th - Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold @ Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ (Metallica - Wherever I May Roam, Avenged - Hail to the Queen)
June 7th - Iron Maiden and Ghost @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ (Ghost and Iron Maiden Compilation)
June 23rd - Third Eye Blind @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ (Hows it Going to Be)
July 11th - 311 @ Hammerstein Ballroom, New York NY (Syntax Error)
July 14th - Incubus and Jimmy Eat World @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ (Incubus - State of the Art, Jimmy Eat World - The Middle)
July 15th - 311, New Politics, and The Skints @ Stone Pony, Asbury Park NJ (311 - Extension, The Skint - Ratatat/You Don't Know Me)
July 21st - Iron Maiden and Ghost @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY (Ghost - Absolution)
July 22nd - Iron Maiden and Ghost @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY (Iron Maiden and Ghost Compilation)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 29th - Mighty Mighty Bosstones @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
August 4th - Rancid and Dropkick Murphys @ Stone Pony, Asbury Park NJ
August 28th - Deep Purple and Alice Cooper @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 2nd - Haken @ Highline Ballroom, New York City NY
September 16th - Scorpions and MegaDeth @ Madison Square Garden, New York NY
September 24th - Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress @ Irving Plaza, New York NY
September 29th - Epica and Lacuna Coil @ Playstation Theater, New York NY
November 16th - Dream Theater @ Beacon Theater, New York NY
November 17th - HIM @ Hammerstein Ballrom, New York NY
November 18th - Dream Theater @ Paramount Theater, Asbury Park NJ

Actually tomorrow should complete my ska trifecta, having seen probably the three biggest skacore bands from the 90s all in 2017, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, and Bosstones  :lol  Man it is great to be alive in 2017  :metal  And actually all of them played their biggest 90s hit album in full (technically LTJ did that at the end of the 2016, and the 2017 show was a normal set)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: July 28, 2017, 10:40:55 AM »
Jealous that you get to see Rancid cramx

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: July 28, 2017, 11:00:38 AM »
Jealous that you get to see Rancid cramx

They just kicked off the tour last night, the encore is both Dropkick Muprhys and Rancid together playing a few cover songs.  I'm not looking up on youtube to see it before next week, but its potentially going to be awesome.

Also, that show is sold out.  My ticket was like 55 face value and people were selling them for $180 on stubhub  :o

Bouncing Souls are also playing, I used to enjoy them, plus work is a half summer friday next week so I'll be able to see the whole show.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: July 29, 2017, 07:05:20 AM »
I'd love to see that show, I'd have to see if I could find my studded belt from my high school days (15 yearas ago lol)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2017, 12:04:52 AM »
Seeing Haken in August at the Roxy and now seeing DT at the Wiltern in Hollywood. This will be my 6th time seeing DT since 2011! \m/
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2017, 01:44:53 PM »
Just got tickets to see Reel Big Fish, Anti-Flag and The Mad Caddies on the Fireball tour  :metal £11 a ticket is just ridiculous

Edit: Cramx, great line up right? I'm assuming you've seen all three before?

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2017, 01:47:18 PM »
I guess while I'm at it I should get my tickets for Opeth/Enslaved in Nov and Mastodon in Dec! I'll only regret it if I don't!

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »
Oh yeah definitely catch Mastodon! Their show here was amazing. Opeth was pretty flawless at Graspop, so I bet it'll be a great show as well  :metal
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: July 31, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »
Just got tickets to see Reel Big Fish, Anti-Flag and The Mad Caddies on the Fireball tour  :metal £11 a ticket is just ridiculous

Edit: Cramx, great line up right? I'm assuming you've seen all three before?

Yea RBF/Anti-Flag toured the US together earlier this year and I've seen both those bands before that as well.  I believe I've only seen Mad Caddies once, at Warped Tour in like 2001 or something.  I vaguely recall that.

Mighty Mighty Bosstones was a fun time Saturday.  They performed the entire "Let's Face It" album to start and then did another 14 or so songs from throughout their career.  The turn out wasn't that great for this show, but everyone there was dancing and having fun.  Ska shows are always so drama free, just people having fun dancing together.  I kind of wish they played the album at the end of their setlist though.  With it so early, the like 4th song of the night was The Impression That I Get and the crowd never seemed to come back to that level again.  The did get a bunch of kids on stage with them for one song and had all the kids dancing.  The band looked really happy on stage.  To me, it seemed like those guys knew that being able to still perform this music was like a dream come true.  Like everyone is so much older now (I had only saw them once, 16 years ago) and the fact they can play these types of shows still is just amazing.  Who would have known ska music would be so popular in 97 that it could still be played in 2017?  I certainly didn't.   The opener was Mephiskapheles.  I didn't even know they were still around.  But I'd imagine some on this forum might enjoy them, they definitely have like a progressive ska vibe to them.  I enjoyed their show.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Graffiti Worth Reading (with kids on stage)

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get

And then this Friday is Dropkick Murphys, Rancid, and Bouncing Souls.  Work is a half day summer friday so I'll be able to catch the full show outside along the beach  :metal

Offline earlilano

« Reply #401 on: July 31, 2017, 12:48:31 PM »
This year is the most concerts I have been to in a single year. I'm so excited to end it with DT.  :metal

May 28 - Lifehouse at Pechanga
June 20 - Korn, Stone Sour, Baby Metal at Chula Vista , CA
June 24 - Tool 2:00 pm at San Bernardino, CA
July 15 - Goo Goo Dolls at Las Vegas, NV
August 6 - Metallica, Aveneged Sevenfold, Gojira at San Diego PETCO Park
August 25 - Fuel, Marcy Playground, Dishwalla at Morongo
October 7 - CalJam 2017 with Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age and others at San Bernardino, CA
October 22 - Skillet at Ontario, CA
October 25 - In This Moment at Riverside Municipal
October 26 - Dream Theater at The Wiltern

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: July 31, 2017, 12:58:47 PM »
June 20 - Korn, Stone Sour, Baby Metal at Chula Vista , CA

This tour just stopped by last week, I would have gone if Baby Metal opened.  I was so bummed to see this tour announced and not have Baby Metal at my local gig.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: August 05, 2017, 09:06:01 AM »
Early punk rock show last night outside along the shore in Asbury Park.  I was boozing at the bar near the venue with some friends before the show and somehow between then and getting on line to enter the venue I lost my ticket.  :lol Sold out show and I freaked out looking for it, asking people, police, the waitresses.  I honestly was thinking it was possible I wouldn't be able to get in.  Luckily, I went to the box office and they checked my ID and were able to print me a new ticket since I bought it on ticketmaster.  Pretty sweet.  However, I missed most of the Bouncing Souls set due to this.  Was pretty bummed about that, I was also drenched in sweat before the show even began.  It was a coheadling tour with Rancid and Dropkick Murphys but this night Rancid was headlining.  Dropkick played with some really beautiful clouds behind them.  Just really cool because the weather really worked out after a rainy morning.  Dropkick were good, had lots of sing a longs.  Rancid came during the sunset and my friend almost got kicked out.  We started a small mosh pit towards the back which pissed security off telling us to go up front if we want to do that (I mean, there were just like 5 of us jumping up and down, nothing intense or violent) but my friend was very visible drunk.  Luckily he talked his way out of it, however him and his wife ended up leaving early due to his drunkness  :lol After that, I just went up front to mosh and have a good time.  I was right in front for the encore with both bands playing a few cover songs.  The only thing I didn't understand was the concert ended just before 9:30pm.  What the hell is that. 

Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, and Bouncing Souls Like Stone Pony Summer Stage

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #404 on: August 05, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »
Goddamn I just love Rancid so much  :metal

Some of parts of your night sounded like they sucked but you still had a good time. I like all three bands but Rancid are in a league of their own really. I haven't seen them live for a few years but watching your video really made me want to see them again. Bloodclot sounded amazig, love that time so much.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2017, 04:46:33 PM »
Goddamn I just love Rancid so much  :metal

Some of parts of your night sounded like they sucked but you still had a good time. I like all three bands but Rancid are in a league of their own really. I haven't seen them live for a few years but watching your video really made me want to see them again. Bloodclot sounded amazig, love that time so much.

I really haven't listened to Rancid in sooo long until a couple weeks ago and totally remembered how awesome they are.  And for a punk band, they are extremely talented musicians.  They were really good and really fun. I'm really loving the song Telegraph Avenue on their new album.  I was also really happy they were the headliner as I wanted to see them more than Dropkick.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »
Anyone here going to see Gojira, Avenged Sevendfold, and Metallica tomorrow in SD?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #407 on: August 08, 2017, 03:36:12 PM »
Adding in DT and DC Haken...

2/7-11 Cruise to the Edge (epic/amazing experience)
2/26 Pain of Salvation- Webster Hall NYC (great set, though the set felt a little on the short side)
5/11 Mastodon- Hammerstein Ballroom NYC (very good show)
5/19 Metallica- Gillette Stadium, MA (Excellent show, some cool pics posted in the Metallica thread)
5/31 Iron Maiden- Prudential Center, NJ (Last minute decision to go with Millahh as some decent tix became available for cheap. Very glad I went, even if I get the same setlist exactly at Barclay's next month, because the band is just so on point)
6/4 Mr Big- BB Kings, NYC (Really enjoyed this, you could do a lot worse than getting to watch Billy and Paul shred for a couple hours and Eric Martin's voice still sounds pretty good)
7/22 Iron Maiden- Barclay's Center, NYC (Same setlist as NJ in May, another great show from the band)
8/22 Neal Morse Band- Gramercy Theater, NYC
9/1 Haken- Foundry @ Fillmore, Philly *VIP
9/2 Haken- Highline Ballroom, NYC
9/3 Haken Hard Rock Hotel, Washington DC
9/24 Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress- Irving Plaza, NYC
11/18 Dream Theater- Paramount Theater, Asbury Park NJ
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #408 on: August 08, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »
Anathema this Friday :metal

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #409 on: August 09, 2017, 05:04:02 AM »
Just bought my tickets to see Opeth and Enslaved in November. This will be my first time seeing Opeth in a non festival setting  :metal

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #410 on: August 09, 2017, 09:19:07 AM »
This weekend I'm seeing Wilderun and Powerglove, and in November DT. I also saw that Megadeth will play at Hampton Beach in September, I love the venue so I might go to that too.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #411 on: August 09, 2017, 01:38:32 PM »
This weekend I'm seeing Wilderun and Powerglove, and in November DT. I also saw that Megadeth will play at Hampton Beach in September, I love the venue so I might go to that too.

I love me a bit of Powerglove, would love to see them live  :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #412 on: August 09, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »

Last year they finally put AC in.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #413 on: August 10, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »
311 was amazing tonight.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline home

« Reply #414 on: August 11, 2017, 03:59:04 AM »
Just got tickets for The Pineapple Thief (with Gavin Harrison!) in september :azn:

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #415 on: August 11, 2017, 04:34:55 AM »
Just got tickets for The Pineapple Thief (with Gavin Harrison!) in september :azn:

They are playing about 45 minutes away from me but I'm working that night so can't go  :tdwn

On the plus side I've just booked my tickets for Mastodon/Red Fang/Russian Circles  :metal

The next few months are looking good, I've got:

Reel Big Fish/Anti-Flag/Mad Caddies
Opeth/Enslaved
Mastodon/Red Fang/Russian Circles

If possible I'll also going to see Anathema/Alcest and Sikth, yay for live music!

Offline home

« Reply #416 on: August 11, 2017, 06:05:42 AM »
They are playing about 45 minutes away from me but I'm working that night so can't go  :tdwn
Bad luck man  :P  You still have quite a nice list of concerts to look forward to though! I'd love to see a whole Opeth show sometime too, their set on Graspop was just amazing  :angel:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #417 on: August 12, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
Just booked a work trip to LA next weekend and guess what.... 311 in Hollywood on Saturday night  :metal :metal I am soooo pumped that I am going to have the opportunity to go to this.  Saw them 6 times last summer and it will be 3 times this summer, getting to see them in 4 different states last year and 3 this year  :yarr

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #418 on: August 12, 2017, 08:10:36 PM »
That's awesome!!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #419 on: August 13, 2017, 08:36:42 AM »
Dream Theater is skipping my city Hong Kong once more on their upcoming Asian tour... what should I do about it? No worries, I am flying to Singapore to catch one of their shows! Lol! Hell yeah! I will be at the DT I&W 25th Anniversary concert in Singapore on 3rd Oct!  :metal
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020