Author Topic: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!  (Read 148605 times)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Re: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!
« Reply #350 on: November 27, 2016, 05:08:49 AM »
1. Whispers On The Wind
2. Moment Of Betrayal
3. When Your Time Has Come
4. Chosen
5. Our New World
6. 2285 Entr'acte
7. Astonishing
8. The Answer
9. A Life Left Behind
10. The Path That Divides
11. The Hovering Sojourn
12. The Gift Of Music
13. Ravenskill
14. Begin Again
15. Three Days
16. A New Beginning
17. Machine Chatter
18. Descent Of The NOMACS
19. My Last Farewell
20. Dystopian Overture
21. Losing Faythe
22. Lord Nafaryus
23. Heaven's Cove
24. Hymn Of A Thousand Voices
25. A Saviour In The Square
26. Power Down
27. A Tempting Offer
28. Brother, Can You Hear Me
29. Act Of Faythe
30. The Road To Revolution
31. The X Aspect
32. Digital Discord
33. A Better Life
34. The Walking Shadow

Oh yeah & I&W's in there too or something. :corn
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #351 on: November 28, 2016, 03:06:32 AM »
I would absolutely love Raw Dog as an opener.
any rock can be made to roll

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #352 on: November 28, 2016, 05:43:00 AM »
I don't know if it was already asked to Bosk the following questions, but I have the curiosity to know (if he's allowed to aswer, of course):
1) There will be any b-side on the set list?
2) What albums won't be represented in the set list?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:14:23 AM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #353 on: November 28, 2016, 10:36:29 AM »
Great questions!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #354 on: November 28, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »
Great questions!

:lol I knew it would end up like this. Come on, man, give us at least a tease for an album they won't play any songs from, so we could narrow the options just a little bit. My bet is they skip BC&SL completely.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #355 on: November 28, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »
I just saw that DT are playing two consecutive nights in Trondheim, Norway. Seems an odd choice, even with an IAW night I somewhat doubt people will be running down the door.

Second set the second night will be a complete run through of Rush's - 2112 album.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's not a big college town.

I wanted you to know that the significance of this comment was not lost on everyone:lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #356 on: November 28, 2016, 11:04:09 AM »
If memory serves, I think you are correct about Black Clouds.  But since, at least for now, we are only talking about Europe anyway, that isn't too bad if you consider the fact that, since Mangini joined, Europe has gotten ANTR, TSF, and TCOT.  And they played Wither and AROP on the BCSL tour.  So really, since the album has been released, Europe has gotten every song from that album with the exception of TBOT, which I'm not sure they will ever play anyway.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #357 on: November 28, 2016, 11:09:15 AM »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline jsbru

« Reply #358 on: November 28, 2016, 11:39:21 AM »
So, to sum it all up, from Bosk's hints, it's pretty clear that I&W will be one full set, nothing more, nothing less.  And it's got to be Set 2, because otherwise the opening song would not be surprising.

Set 1 will have something from FII (unless that's in the encore).  Probably nothing from BC&SL.

MM is transcribing two "epic" songs, which fuel speculation of ACOS/Octavarium/6DOIT, but I guess it could maybe include A Mind Beside Itself, too.

But we also know that Set 1/encore will have some stuff MM has already played.  Some of that will likely be a few songs from TA.  That doesn't leave a ton of room for new/unexpected curveballs.  You have to think that one of the unplayed songs will be STR or TBP, too, because MM already knows those.

If they really wanted to go with the "throw red meat to the base" theme, I'd expect Glass Prison, Panic Attack, and maybe As I Am.  Throw in one of their early B-sides and maybe one off WDADU and everyone will be happy.

So Set 1/encore will consist of:
- 3-4 songs off TA
- Something the band has never played live (STR, TBP, a B-side)
- 2 "epics," however that is defined
- Something off FII

There's probably not enough room for both 6DOIT and ACOS in there.  In fact, if ACOS/Octavarium is the encore, there's only a limited amount of songs that can be in Set 1.  Maybe they kill two birds with one stone and Lines in the Sand is one of the "epics."  It's sort of long.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #359 on: November 28, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »
If memory serves, I think you are correct about Black Clouds.  But since, at least for now, we are only talking about Europe anyway, that isn't too bad if you consider the fact that, since Mangini joined, Europe has gotten ANTR, TSF, and TCOT.  And they played Wither and AROP on the BCSL tour.  So really, since the album has been released, Europe has gotten every song from that album with the exception of TBOT, which I'm not sure they will ever play anyway.

Thanks for the info!  :)

Just to clarify, they never played ANTR live with Mangini, only at the audition. Also, Wither was played for their 30th anniversary tour (with Mangini), which was, wait for it... in Europe  :lol

So, to sum it all up, from Bosk's hints, it's pretty clear that I&W will be one full set, nothing more, nothing less.  And it's got to be Set 2, because otherwise the opening song would not be surprising.

Set 1 will have something from FII (unless that's in the encore).  Probably nothing from BC&SL.

MM is transcribing two "epic" songs, which fuel speculation of ACOS/Octavarium/6DOIT, but I guess it could maybe include A Mind Beside Itself, too.

But we also know that Set 1/encore will have some stuff MM has already played.  Some of that will likely be a few songs from TA.  That doesn't leave a ton of room for new/unexpected curveballs.  You have to think that one of the unplayed songs will be STR or TBP, too, because MM already knows those.

If they really wanted to go with the "throw red meat to the base" theme, I'd expect Glass Prison, Panic Attack, and maybe As I Am.  Throw in one of their early B-sides and maybe one off WDADU and everyone will be happy.

So Set 1/encore will consist of:
- 3-4 songs off TA
- Something the band has never played live (STR, TBP, a B-side)
- 2 "epics," however that is defined
- Something off FII

There's probably not enough room for both 6DOIT and ACOS in there.  In fact, if ACOS/Octavarium is the encore, there's only a limited amount of songs that can be in Set 1.  Maybe they kill two birds with one stone and Lines in the Sand is one of the "epics."  It's sort of long.

Thank you for doing that!  ;D
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #360 on: November 28, 2016, 12:11:41 PM »
Just to clarify, they never played ANTR live with Mangini, only at the audition. Also, Wither was played for their 30th anniversary tour (with Mangini), which was, wait for it... in Europe  :lol

Oh, okay.  For some reason, I thought I remembered that they played ANTR at a couple of festival shows, but I could be misremembering. 

As for jsbru's surmising, not bad.  As far as "epics," keep in mind that the "mega-epics" you listed are not the only epics in the DT discography.  They have LOTS of epics (although the number will vary depending on your definition of "epic").

As far as the opening song, when I was first shown the set list (JP had it typed out on a document on his phone, and he was holding the phone showing it to me), the opener didn't initially really even register with me.  After I read the entire thing, either Maddi or JP (can't remember which now) asked what I thought of the opener, and I had to scroll back up to see what it was.  My reaction was basically, "Oh...OH, as an OPENER?  Huh. That's kinda cool.  I wouldn't have thought of that."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:24:54 PM by bosk1 »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #361 on: November 28, 2016, 12:59:17 PM »

Wasn't the quote "monster" songs? which can refer to anything, I'd put even Learning to Live in that list but they've played it some times during his first concerts with the band.

About the surprise opener, it can be a surprise for most of the reasons:
- It's a long epic that usually closes a set.
- It's a ballad or a slowish song.
- It's a random song that in indsight is good to start things off, but you'd never considered it as an opener.
- It's an instrumental... but why waste at the beginning some breathing time for James?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #362 on: November 28, 2016, 01:32:09 PM »
- It's a random song that in indsight is good to start things off, but you'd never considered it as an opener.
- It's an instrumental... but why waste at the beginning some breathing time for James?

Since bosk mentioned the opener "didn't initially really even register" with him, I'm guessing it might be a pretty short song, like Vacant for example. Although it would definitely be  a little weird to open with Vacant.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #363 on: November 28, 2016, 01:37:45 PM »
Bosk, have they EVER opened with this song before?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #364 on: November 28, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
Opened?  No.  And I think the reason it didn't register is that it has been played in recent years, and I knew it is a crowd pleaser.  So despite it being in the #1 slot, I just skimmed right past it without thinking.  Well, that and the fact that I think I was distracted by just the coolness of the fact that John Petrucci was sharing this private information on his phone directly with me, and it kinda took me off my game.  :lol

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #365 on: November 28, 2016, 02:00:52 PM »
it has been played in recent years, and I knew it is a crowd pleaser.

Calling it now, they're opening with WIMH/TTTSTA

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #366 on: November 28, 2016, 02:07:11 PM »
  Well, that and the fact that I think I was distracted by just the coolness of the fact that John Petrucci was sharing this private information on his phone directly with me, and it kinda took me off my game.  :lol

Totally understandable!

And I'm calling Breaking All Illusions. Or On The Backs Of Angels.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #367 on: November 28, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »
Blind Faith would be nice.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline HolidaysAnoraks

« Reply #368 on: November 28, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »
Just an idea, but perhaps the show opens with an acoustic / stripped down set. They did something similar in the middle of some of the ADTOE shows (I believe they rotated between Far From Heaven / Wait For Sleep and Beneath the Surface / The Silent Man).

Kansas is doing the same thing with their 40th Anniversary Leftoverture shows, and Porcupine Tree opened those special Radio City / Royal Albert Hall shows on the Incident tour with an acoustic set. Just pulling out these examples because DT's setlist structure has been influenced by other bands in the past (although mainly Rush). Both the Porcupine Tree and Kansas setlists feature an opening acoustic set of 4-5 songs, followed by an electric set, then a second set of an entire album followed by an encore.

If DT opened with something acoustic  like Hollow Years or The Spirit Carries On, that would definitely be unexpected.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #369 on: November 28, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »
I'm just glad chaossystem isn't around for this. We would've had about 25 possible setlists. ;D

Offline thosava

« Reply #370 on: November 28, 2016, 02:58:19 PM »
Totally understandable!

And I'm calling Breaking All Illusions. Or On The Backs Of Angels.

Breaking all Illusions was the first to cross my mind too! And i guess The Glass Prison could classify as a "monster song". I'm guessing we'll get TGP and ACOS.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #371 on: November 28, 2016, 03:04:55 PM »
A fan favorite that wouldn't be expected to open?

The Spirit Carries On.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2016, 03:25:07 PM »
They could throw a curveball and open with TDoE. It's definitely a crowd pleaser (the fans went nuts for it when I saw them on the AFtR tour) and an instrumental would certainly be unexpected.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2016, 03:27:24 PM »
Full list of DT songs played with Mike Mangini:

Fortune in Lies
Ytse Jam
Afterlife
To Live Forever
Pull Me Under
Another Day
Surrounded
Metropolis Part 1
Under a Glass Moon
Wait For Sleep
Learning to Live
6:00
Caught in a Web
Silent Man
The Mirror
Lie
Lifting Shadows off a Dream
Scarred
ACOS II - Innocence
Space Dye Vest
Burning My Soul
Peruvian Skies
Trial of Tears
Overture 1928/ Strange Deja Vu
Through My Words / Fatal Tragedy
The Dance of Eternity
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free
The Great Debate
About to Crash
War Inside My Head
Test that Stumped them All
As I Am
Endless Sacrifice
The Root of all Evil
These Walls
Panic Attack
Forsaken
Constant Motion
The Dark Eternal Night
Wither
The Shattered Fortress
The Count of Tuscany
On The Backs of Angels
Build Me Up Break Me Down
Lost Not Forgotten
This is The Life
Bridges in the Sky
Outcry
Far From Heaven
Breaking All Illusions
Beneath The Surface
The Enemy Inside
The Looking Glass
Enigma Machine
Behind the Veil
Along For the Ride
Illumination Theory
The Astonishing (full)

Full list of non-IAW DT songs played with Mike Mangini that they've never before opened with (possible "crowd pleasers" in green):

Ytse Jam
To Live Forever
6:00 (I think...?)
Caught in a Web
Silent Man
The Mirror
Lie
Scarred
Space Dye Vest
ACOS II - Innocence
Burning My Soul
Peruvian Skies
Trial of Tears
The Dance of Eternity <--- Would be neat!
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free
The Great Debate
War Inside My Head <--- A good prediction!
Endless Sacrifice <--- This would be neat and unexpected!
These Walls
Panic Attack (have they never opened with this??)
Forsaken
The Dark Eternal Night
Wither
The Shattered Fortress
The Count of Tuscany
On The Backs of Angels <--- This could work!
Lost Not Forgotten
This is The Life
Outcry <-----Would be my fav opener :)
Far From Heaven
Breaking All Illusions
Beneath The Surface
The Looking Glass
Enigma Machine
Behind the Veil
Along For the Ride
Illumination Theory
The Astonishing (full)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:52:30 PM by TheAtliator »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2016, 03:36:11 PM »
Breaking All Illusions would be badass!!!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jsbru

« Reply #375 on: November 28, 2016, 03:57:36 PM »
Wasn't the quote "monster" songs? which can refer to anything, I'd put even Learning to Live in that list but they've played it some times during his first concerts with the band.

You are right...I got confused and was calling it "epic."

https://twitter.com/ManginiMike/status/798421746638618624

ACOS would fit here, but then again, bosk said it was something they've played recently.  When you combine the "played recently" hint with the fact that MM was transcribing the monster songs, it doesn't fit very well that the opener is one of the monster songs.  But whether "monster" means the same as "epic," we can't be sure.

It's possible.  Disappear based on James saying he loved that song?  It hasn't really been all that recent since they've played that to my knowledge.  Along for the Ride?  This is the Life?  The Spirit Carries On?  Vacant?

This is why I suspect if Raw Dog is the surprise previously unplayed track, it's not going to be the opener.  It would be weird to open without James, and that would also probably stand out more to bosk, and also, of course, they haven't played that recently.

I think this is the highest probability.  Think of songs they've played somewhat recently that aren't necessarily epics that would fall into this category.  That aren't album openers, either, since that wouldn't be all that surprising.  One of the ballads could fit into this category, too.

It's probably not from TA, since that wouldn't be all that surprising or unusual.  Probably not DT 12, because neither TEI or LG would be surprising as openers, and STR and TBP have not been played recently.  Maybe AFTR?

The only ones that would be unusual from ADTOE would be TITL, FFH, or BTS.  Definitely not OTBOA (it already opens an album), or BITS (they already opened with that).  Hard to see how any other song from that album would be notable.

It's not from BC&SL.  I don't know of any song from SC that would make me think twice as an opener.  Nor Octavarium, unless it is the title track.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline jsbru

« Reply #376 on: November 28, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »

Fortune in Lies
Ytse Jam
Afterlife
Pull Me Under
Another Day
Surrounded
Metropolis Part 1
Under a Glass Moon
Wait For Sleep
Learning to Live
Caught in a Web
Silent Man
The Mirror
Lie
Scarred
Space Dye Vest
Burning My Soul
Peruvian Skies
Trial of Tears
The Dance of Eternity
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free
The Great Debate
About to Crash
War Inside My Head
As I Am
Endless Sacrifice
The Root of all Evil
These Walls
Panic Attack
Forsaken
Constant Motion
The Dark Eternal Night
Wither
The Shattered Fortress
The Count of Tuscany
On The Backs of Angels
Lost Not Forgotten
This is The Life
Bridges in the Sky
Outcry
Far From Heaven
Breaking All Illusions
Beneath The Surface
The Enemy Inside
The Looking Glass
Enigma Machine
Behind the Veil
Along For the Ride
Illumination Theory
The Astonishing (full)

Full list of non-IAW DT songs played with Mike Mangini that they've never before opened with (possible "crowd pleasers" in green):

Ytse Jam
6:00 (I think...?)
Caught in a Web
Silent Man
The Mirror
Lie
Scarred
Space Dye Vest
Burning My Soul
Peruvian Skies
Trial of Tears
The Dance of Eternity <--- Would be neat!
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free
The Great Debate
War Inside My Head <--- A good prediction!
Endless Sacrifice <--- This would be neat and unexpected!
These Walls
Panic Attack (have they never opened with this??)
Forsaken
The Dark Eternal Night
Wither
The Shattered Fortress
The Count of Tuscany
On The Backs of Angels <--- This could work!
Lost Not Forgotten
This is The Life
Outcry <-----Would be my fav opener :)
Far From Heaven
Breaking All Illusions
Beneath The Surface
The Looking Glass
Enigma Machine
Behind the Veil
Along For the Ride
Illumination Theory
The Astonishing (full)

Thanks...this is just what we needed.  Of the ones in green, I'd cross off 6:00 and OTBOA, because it's in no way notable that they'd open the set with a song that also opens an album.

I think The Mirror and Spirit Carries On are really good guesses.  BAI is my personal favorite song since Trail of Tears, to it doesn't seem unusual at all that they'd open with it, but I might be biased. :)

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline jsbru

« Reply #377 on: November 28, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »
As for Panic Attack, I think there's a high probability they play it, but it doesn't seem peculiar in any way as an opener.

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #378 on: November 28, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »

You mean just like in the current tour?.. ;D

Fortune in Lies
Ytse Jam
Afterlife
Pull Me Under
Another Day
Surrounded
Metropolis Part 1
Under a Glass Moon
Wait For Sleep
Learning to Live
Caught in a Web
Silent Man
The Mirror
Lie
Scarred
Space Dye Vest
Burning My Soul
Peruvian Skies
Trial of Tears
The Dance of Eternity
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free
The Great Debate
About to Crash
War Inside My Head
As I Am
Endless Sacrifice
The Root of all Evil
These Walls
Panic Attack
Forsaken
Constant Motion
The Dark Eternal Night
Wither
The Shattered Fortress
The Count of Tuscany
On The Backs of Angels
Lost Not Forgotten
This is The Life
Bridges in the Sky
Outcry
Far From Heaven
Breaking All Illusions
Beneath The Surface
The Enemy Inside
The Looking Glass
Enigma Machine
Behind the Veil
Along For the Ride
Illumination Theory
The Astonishing (full)

Neat.. You're only missing from that list To Live Forever and Innocence.. They should also join your "non-IAW DT songs played with MM they've never before opened with" list, but only TLF would join the green list ("crowd pleasers") I guess?..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #379 on: November 28, 2016, 05:32:10 PM »

That's different, for obvious reasons.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2016, 06:14:19 PM »

That's different, for obvious reasons.

Yeah, different from instrumentals like SoC, HK or Erotomania (which are very unlikely to be played as openers) but not different from other cases, like Overture 1928, Overture (if we consider this as one separate "song") or FAS (the one "song" you're all forgetting of the ones they've never played live)..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #381 on: November 28, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »
Neat.. You're only missing from that list To Live Forever and Innocence.. They should also join your "non-IAW DT songs played with MM they've never before opened with" list, but only TLF would join the green list ("crowd pleasers") I guess?..

Oh yeah! I knew I was forgetting something... fixed.

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #382 on: November 28, 2016, 10:46:30 PM »
Based on what I've been perusing around the forums, I came up with a setlist that had an opener Bosk wouldn't expect, songs never played before, emphasis on FII, "monster" songs, etc. This clocks in right around 3 hours. What do you guys think?

1st Set

1. The Spirit Carries On
2. The Bigger Picture
3. Erotomania
4. Voices
5. The Silent Man
6. A New Beginning
7. Our New World
8. Hell’s Kitchen
9. Lines in the Sand
10. Peruvian Skies
11. Anna Lee
12. Trial of Tears

2nd Set - Images and Words

13. Pull Me Under
14. Another Day
15. Take the Time
16. Surrounded
17. Metropolis, Pt. 1
18. Under a Glass Moon
19. Wait for Sleep
20. Learning to Live

Encore 1

21. The Glass Prison

Encore 2

22. A Change of Seasons

Offline jsbru

« Reply #383 on: November 29, 2016, 12:31:25 AM »
Based on what I've been perusing around the forums, I came up with a setlist that had an opener Bosk wouldn't expect, songs never played before, emphasis on FII, "monster" songs, etc. This clocks in right around 3 hours. What do you guys think?

1st Set

1. The Spirit Carries On
2. The Bigger Picture
3. Erotomania
4. Voices
5. The Silent Man
6. A New Beginning
7. Our New World
8. Hell’s Kitchen
9. Lines in the Sand
10. Peruvian Skies
11. Anna Lee
12. Trial of Tears

13. Pull Me Under
14. Another Day
15. Take the Time
16. Surrounded
17. Metropolis, Pt. 1
18. Under a Glass Moon
19. Wait for Sleep
20. Learning to Live

Encore 1

21. The Glass Prison

Encore 2

22. A Change of Seasons

That's really close to what I would guess, although I don't think they'll do that much from FII.  I'd say 2 songs at most.  I'd replace some of them with some more crowd pleasers and at least one B-side.

1st Set

1. The Spirit Carries On
2. The Bigger Picture -or- Surrender to Reason
3. The Glass Prison
4. Burning My Soul/Hell's Kitchen
5. Panic Attack
6. Something from WDADU -or- an earlier B-side like To Live Forever, etc.
7. A New Beginning
8. As I Am
9. Lines in the Sand
10. Our New World
11. Disappear

12. Pull Me Under
13. Another Day
14. Take the Time
15. Surrounded
16. Metropolis, Pt. 1
17. Under a Glass Moon
18. Wait for Sleep
19. Learning to Live

Encore 1

20. Raw Dog

Encore 2

21. A Change of Seasons

Other songs I wouldn't be surprised to see:
- The Enemy Inside
- Looking Glass
- Home
- On the Backs of Angels
- Forsaken
- Vacant/Stream of Consciousness

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #384 on: November 29, 2016, 12:50:33 AM »
Raw Dog....really?  :lol