Author Topic: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!  (Read 148604 times)

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
Re: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!
« Reply #1190 on: January 27, 2017, 07:51:14 AM »
Did Mangini hinted at A Change of Season part were the bass play that baseball theme in his last video with Eric Disrude?

@3'56"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu792DZtc_U

I would be hoping for something original. Could be though!

I would imagine if they play ACoS, that section would return to how it is on the album. Of course, I've no proof of that. Merely a hunch. :) Then again, that actually would make me curious to see what JR would do for his spot. Keep the WTWB tag or do what Derek played. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Sorry. :P
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1191 on: January 27, 2017, 07:52:13 AM »
EDIT: Also when James says some songs they have never played before do you think he means with MM? There cant be many theyve NEVER played before can there?

The DT12 song

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1192 on: January 27, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »
I was at the NAMM Show last week and I got to play Jordan Rudess' Kronos keyboard in which he played Tarkus and there were a lot of DT patches loaded which may (or may not) be indication of the songs that will be performed. :omg:
We want...information, information. By hook or by crook we will (get it)!!!
I'll think in a way of making nice hints (playing bosk1's game here) and I'll let you know  :D
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1193 on: January 27, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
I've been dreaming of a set where the opening song is something memorable that fans won't forget.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline the keyboard wizard

« Reply #1194 on: January 27, 2017, 10:26:03 AM »
I'll think in a way of making nice hints (playing bosk1's game here) and I'll let you know  :D
Why not just giving the name of the patch (without the title) like Snarling Pig, Strings, Mellotron, Zendrix... ;) if you remember.
Admin and manager of the French Chapter of Dream Theater World: Your Majesty (one of the first DT fan clubs)

Offline jsbru

« Reply #1195 on: January 27, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »
Based on the hints so far, Octavarium still can't be ruled out for the encore.  But I still think it will be ACOS.

I'm still curious about James saying there will be "some songs" (plural) that have never been played before.  We know one of them will be TBP/STR, but I wonder what the other one or two could be.  A B-side?  Now that they've played SDV, and we know there's nothing from BC&SL (so it can't be TBOT), I can't figure out what that might be.  Other than maybe they are referring to ACOS, which to my knowledge hasn't been played in full, start to finish.  But I could be wrong about that.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1196 on: January 27, 2017, 12:33:57 PM »
Other than maybe they are referring to ACOS, which to my knowledge hasn't been played in full, start to finish.  But I could be wrong about that.

You mean with this current line-up? 'cause the song in full has been performed several times, I saw it myself back in 2000.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1197 on: January 27, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »
Based on the hints so far, Octavarium still can't be ruled out for the encore.  But I still think it will be ACOS.

I'm still curious about James saying there will be "some songs" (plural) that have never been played before.  We know one of them will be TBP/STR, but I wonder what the other one or two could be.  A B-side?  Now that they've played SDV, and we know there's nothing from BC&SL (so it can't be TBOT), I can't figure out what that might be.  Other than maybe they are referring to ACOS, which to my knowledge hasn't been played in full, start to finish.  But I could be wrong about that.

I wouldn't necessarily fixate on that.  I'm not so sure he was thinking literally when he made that comment.

That said, there is one other song in the set list that, unless I am mistaken, has not been played before--at least, not in its full, final form. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1198 on: January 27, 2017, 01:11:23 PM »

I wouldn't necessarily fixate on that.  I'm not so sure he was thinking literally when he made that comment.

That said, there is one other song in the set list that, unless I am mistaken, has not been played before--at least, not in its full, final form.

Hells Kitchen?

Other than maybe they are referring to ACOS, which to my knowledge hasn't been played in full, start to finish.  But I could be wrong about that.

You mean with this current line-up? 'cause the song in full has been performed several times, I saw it myself back in 2000.

And it's on Live Scenes from NY

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1199 on: January 27, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »

Hells Kitchen?

Hells Kitchen into Lines in the Sand?!?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1200 on: January 27, 2017, 01:32:59 PM »

Hells Kitchen?

Hells Kitchen into Lines in the Sand?!?

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline mikeyd23

Offline Setlist Scotty

As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1203 on: January 27, 2017, 02:33:21 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:11:43 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jsbru

« Reply #1205 on: January 27, 2017, 03:07:25 PM »

Well then that's really interesting.

Maybe Raw Dog was not a bad choice after all.  Either that or Don't Look Past Me.  If it's not one of those two, I have no idea.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1206 on: January 27, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »
They aren't playing either one of those.

Offline jsbru

« Reply #1207 on: January 27, 2017, 03:14:46 PM »
Rats.  I really like Don't Look Past Me.

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #1208 on: January 27, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »
Is it the PMU with the actual outro which just happens to be a Ukelele solo?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1209 on: January 27, 2017, 03:26:20 PM »
Honestly, I was expecting Don't Look Past Me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1210 on: January 27, 2017, 04:30:37 PM »
Honestly, I was expecting Don't Look Past Me.

Me too  :'(

Well, if it's not TBOT, DLPM or Raw Dog, and we'll only get either TBP or STR (hopefully this one), I can't really think of other DT that hasn't been played live by the band, they even played all the songs from the FII demos and the Majesty demos.

...False Awakening Suite?  :huh:

there is one other song in the set list that, unless I am mistaken, has not been played before--at least, not in its full, final form. 

I'm 110% sure it's not this song, but, based on the "not in its full, final form" comment, I would say it's Cry for Freedom  :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1211 on: January 27, 2017, 04:46:18 PM »
There was another post after mine.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1212 on: January 27, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »

Me too, seeing as how it has somewhat of a connection to I&W

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1213 on: January 27, 2017, 07:31:57 PM »

A Change of Seasons was played in full quite a few times on the ToT tour, including at the show here in St. Louis.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #1214 on: January 27, 2017, 07:56:39 PM »
Cry For Freedom was played in full in 1986, and appears with Chris singing on the bootleg Instru-Mental III No Sleep Til Brooklyn.  Sounds like Bosk is referencing Hell's Kitchen, which would qualify as the instrumental track and FII track that he hinted at.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1215 on: January 27, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
Quite possible.

Offline NOMAC2107

• A true NOise MAChine
  • Find all you need in your mind...
« Reply #1216 on: January 27, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »
2 days remain until we find out everything.

SPOILER: They will play all the songs off of Images And Words and some other songs as well, including, but not limited to, some stuff from The Astonishing.

Offline jsbru

« Reply #1217 on: January 27, 2017, 10:17:57 PM »

SPOILER: They will play all the songs off of Images And Words and some other songs as well, including, but not limited to, some stuff from The Astonishing.

Then it's time to post my final predicted list, unless other clues are given out:

As long as everyone's revising:

1st Set

1. The Dark Eternal Night
2. The Gift of Music
3. Surrender to Reason
4. Hell's Kitchen
5. Lines in the Sand
6. Moment of Betrayal
7. As I Am
8. A New Beginning
9. The Spirit Carries On
10. Our New World
11. Breaking All Illusions

2nd Set - Images and Words

12. Pull Me Under
13. Another Day
14. Take the Time
15. Surrounded
16. Metropolis, Pt. 1
17. Under a Glass Moon
18. Wait for Sleep
19. Learning to Live

Encore 1

20. A Change of Seasons

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #1218 on: January 28, 2017, 12:11:53 AM »
I lik how Bosk doesn't have to worry about accidentally spilling the beans because he can literally flat out give it away and people will still be sure it's something else  :rollin

Offline SkiFiX

« Reply #1219 on: January 28, 2017, 02:38:54 AM »
'You not me' was never play live in its final form.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1220 on: January 28, 2017, 02:48:12 AM »
'You not me' was never play live in its final form.

It was, few times but it was.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline dodido253

« Reply #1221 on: January 28, 2017, 03:57:18 AM »

Then it's time to post my final predicted list, unless other clues are given out:

As long as everyone's revising:

1st Set

2. The Gift of Music
3. Surrender to Reason
4. Hell's Kitchen
5. Lines in the Sand
6. Moment of Betrayal
7. As I Am
8. A New Beginning
9. The Spirit Carries On
10. Our New World

2nd Set - Images and Words

12. Pull Me Under
13. Another Day
14. Take the Time
15. Surrounded
16. Metropolis, Pt. 1
17. Under a Glass Moon
18. Wait for Sleep
19. Learning to Live

Encore 1

20. A Change of Seasons

Looks like a good prediction.. but in my opinion the opener will be Panic Attack and the 3rd song TBP.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1222 on: January 28, 2017, 04:03:04 AM »
Gut feeling tells me Our New World closes the first set.

Offline krands85

« Reply #1223 on: January 28, 2017, 04:12:27 AM »

Me too, seeing as how it has somewhat of a connection to I&W
I would prefer 8VM - not just because I like it a bit better than ACOS, but also because I feel like it'd be a bit easier for James. It's gonna be tough enough singing I&W every night, but also having to follow it up with ACOS?  :omg:

Either way, it sounds like it's going to be one hell of a set.  :coolio
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1224 on: January 28, 2017, 06:29:41 AM »
2. The Gift of Music
3. Surrender to Reason
4. Hell's Kitchen
5. Lines in the Sand
6. Moment of Betrayal
7. As I Am
8. A New Beginning
9. The Spirit Carries On
10. Our New World
This would be one fine first set.  :metal

People seem to be sure The Dark eternal night is the opener? I like the song, but I'm having a hard time picturing it as the opener. We'll see, though.