Author Topic: Euro 2017 Winter - Images And Words and Beyond  (Read 58927 times)

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

Re: Euro 2017 Winter - Images And Words and Beyond
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 01:34:14 PM »
I would love it if DT played a gig in Dublin! They actually played here in the 99/00 SFAM tour but haven't been back since.

they played in Vicar street on the SDOIT tour

You're right, my bad! 2002 SDOIT tour in Vicar St, but they ain't been back since. Not sure why exactly. Ireland can be expensive these days, perhaps it costs too much to put on one single Dublin show or something.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2016, 01:59:54 PM »
James LaBrie if you read this thread.

It's good to know you in my lifetime, to me you're one of the best vocalist out there. RIP your throat.

Man, in all seriousness I am so excited and yet so solicitous about James' performance in full I&W. Hope Turkey date will be add.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 02:18:28 AM »
Just secured four tickets to Stockholm on the 18th of February

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2016, 02:34:20 AM »

I couldn't get tickets for the Paris show  :'(   I couldn't get past the payment screen!  I filled in all the fields with the correct details, but the "Billing Post Code" just wouldn't accept anything I entered!  In Ireland we don't use Post Codes, so usually I can just put "n/a" or "none" but that didn't work. 

A few years ago the Irish government introduced "Eircode" which basically gives every single building/house/apartment it's own code, but the whole system was a failure and nobody uses it, and it's not recognised when making online purchases. Needless to say that didn't work either!

I even tried entering 90210, LONDON NW1, and googled some Paris post codes and tried them...no joy!  Totes devo   :'(

Offline efx

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2016, 02:44:31 AM »

Just got mine to both Göteborg and Stockholm. See you there :)

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2016, 03:55:43 AM »

Ah... you are doing a minitour of your own... cool
Was considering it but then my friend from Gothenburg decided to go only to the Stockholm show...

Offline the keyboard wizard

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 05:24:07 AM »
I couldn't get tickets for the Paris show  :'(   I couldn't get past the payment screen!  I filled in all the fields with the correct details, but the "Billing Post Code" just wouldn't accept anything I entered!  In Ireland we don't use Post Codes, so usually I can just put "n/a" or "none" but that didn't work.  (
Hey don't worry, tomorrow, there will be the general sale on this website : https://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Hard-rock-Metal-DREAM-THEATER-ZPDRE.htm#/manifestation/bientot_reservable
and you'll be able to get an e-ticket (because on dream theater's website, they say you need to collect your ticket inside the arena after the opening of the doors).
Admin and manager of the French Chapter of Dream Theater World: Your Majesty (one of the first DT fan clubs)

Offline efx

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2016, 05:29:34 AM »
I couldn't get tickets for the Paris show  :'(   I couldn't get past the payment screen!  I filled in all the fields with the correct details, but the "Billing Post Code" just wouldn't accept anything I entered!  In Ireland we don't use Post Codes, so usually I can just put "n/a" or "none" but that didn't work.  (
Hey don't worry, tomorrow, there will be the general sale on this website : https://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Hard-rock-Metal-DREAM-THEATER-ZPDRE.htm#/manifestation/bientot_reservable
and you'll be able to get an e-ticket (because on dream theater's website, they say you need to collect your ticket inside the arena after the opening of the doors).

That's strange about the ticket pickups, I guess it could be different for each country but for the sweden dates they were electronic ones.

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 07:47:51 AM »

Oh that's great, thanks man!  I couldn't find information on the general sale tickets, so I will definitely be checking out that link tomorrow :-)    I never liked the idea of collecting tickets in the venue on the night of the show, especially when you are traveling to a foreign country and have no idea how to explain if anything goes wrong.  Not to mention if it turned out that I couldn't attend the show for some reason I would not be able to sell the tickets. 

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »
I would love it if DT played a gig in Dublin! They actually played here in the 99/00 SFAM tour but haven't been back since.  As for London vs Paris, it actually works out about the same when you add flights, accommodation, tickets, and train. I actually caught both London shows and a Paris show earlier this year! The things we do for our fave band eh?

Similar here - I live up near Belfast and flew over for the first London show in Feb.

I'm holding out for at least one UK/Ireland date on this tour. Dublin would be absolutely perfect, but not holding my breath..

Offline bokkie

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 02:27:26 PM »
Tilburg (Netherlands) was already sold out just after I got the e-mail. Let's hope I can get some tickets in the regular sale..

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2016, 11:59:28 PM »
Tilburg (Netherlands) was already sold out just after I got the e-mail. Let's hope I can get some tickets in the regular sale..
Don't worry, you will get one today. Presales (especially when the seats are not numbered) are useless for this leg. It mattered for the first leg as if you wanted a seat, you needed to check the presale but for this one, if you want a good view, you need to queue hours before the show (and hope there won't be too many VIP entering earlier than you).
Admin and manager of the French Chapter of Dream Theater World: Your Majesty (one of the first DT fan clubs)

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2016, 01:31:49 AM »
Managed to get tickets to the show in Paris.  Not sure what the issue with the "Billing Post Code" was, but I tried using a different card to make the purchase and it worked like magic!  Can't wait to see I&W in full, and any other faves they play will be a nice bonus (hoping for Lines in the Sand)

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2016, 02:24:49 AM »
Got tickets for Malmö and Düsseldorf   :) :) and hopefully there will also come a Copenhagen date later on  :)
February 2017 will be epic. 2 (3) DT shows and 2 Metallica shows in Copenhagen :metal :metal

Offline Lalin1974

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2016, 06:07:05 AM »

Got 2 tickets for the Stockholm show on the golden circle this morning....
If they play ACOS i will shit a brick

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2016, 06:41:25 AM »
Managed to get tickets to the show in Paris.  Not sure what the issue with the "Billing Post Code" was, but I tried using a different card to make the purchase and it worked like magic!  Can't wait to see I&W in full, and any other faves they play will be a nice bonus (hoping for Lines in the Sand)
Good for you it worked. Do not hesitate to follow the French fan club facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/YourMajestyDT/ We'll be posting all the info.

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2016, 06:56:34 AM »
Good for you it worked. Do not hesitate to follow the French fan club facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/YourMajestyDT/ We'll be posting all the info.

Done, followed!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2016, 07:33:57 AM »
61 euros for the 013 (Tilburg, NL) show, that's a lot. I can't cough that up right now, so I hope it won't sell out quickly.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2016, 08:25:45 AM »
Got tix for Rome  :metal :metal :metal
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Octavarious

• Scenes from a Mesmerism
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 10:49:02 AM »
Got tix for Rome  :metal :metal :metal
Me too, finally after 3 years I can see them back here and taking only 30 minutes by car travelling to see them (last in Rome I was away on the coast on holiday).
Got 2 tickets so 1st time ever with my wife to see DT: home location and theater setup (the hall is  amazing, best place in Rome to see and hear concerts)  made the miracle.
So C U there Mike - from Abruzzo, right?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:01:31 AM by Octavarious »
From Rome, with love.

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 10:55:54 AM »
i got tickets for 013 :)

Offline wwetzels

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2016, 01:29:32 PM »
Tickets in for Tilburg and Düsseldorf :-)

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2016, 03:06:03 PM »
Got tix for Prague  :tup

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2016, 03:15:38 AM »
More dates announced on Twitter:

Jan 31: Rome, Italy
Feb 20 & 21: Trondheim, Norway
Feb 24: Stavanger, Norway
Feb 25: Oslo, Norway
Feb 27: Helsinki, Finland

Helsinki, here I come! :metal

Offline V_R11

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2016, 03:21:06 AM »
More dates announced on Twitter:

Jan 31: Rome, Italy
Feb 20 & 21: Trondheim, Norway
Feb 24: Stavanger, Norway
Feb 25: Oslo, Norway
Feb 27: Helsinki, Finland

Helsinki, here I come! :metal

Hell yea Finland show!
Seasons change and so can I

Offline thosava

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2016, 04:18:37 AM »
I am definatly going to the one in Oslo. I have only seen the last two tours, so seing some classics has made me very excited! Does anyone know if this is asn evening with show, or if there'll be an opening band?
Dare i hope for them playing OCTAVARIUM?

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2016, 05:17:42 AM »
I am definatly going to the one in Oslo. I have only seen the last two tours, so seing some classics has made me very excited! Does anyone know if this is asn evening with show, or if there'll be an opening band?
Dare i hope for them playing OCTAVARIUM?

An Evening with....

And Mike Mangini said somewhere that he was transcribing two "monstersongs" for the tour.

I am hoping for
- A Change of Seasons
- Octavarium

Online The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2016, 09:15:47 AM »
3 dates in Norway. 3 in Sweden and still nothing in the UK???

Damn you Mr Farage!
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2016, 09:25:03 AM »
Pretty sure more dates are coming.

Here are some tidbits about the upcoming let that I posted in the other thread in the general DT subforum:

Okay, so...I talked to JP last night after the show in Reno, and he shared the set list with me.  First off, no, I will not tell you the entire set list and will not confirm or deny guesses...for the most part.  :biggrin:  I will drop some details here and there, but not enough for people to piece the set together.  But for now, suffice to say:  This is not something to be missed.  People will DEFINITELY enjoy this show.  If you can go to one of these dates, DO IT!

Just for curiosity... he shared in the sense that he told you "We're gonna play this, this and that and also we're gonna do this big epic" or he actually showed you / listed you the entire setlist, song by song? in this second case I thought only Portnoy planned in such advance!

And my response with more specific info here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=48829.msg2240865#msg2240865

Enjoy!  :)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2016, 09:26:03 AM »
3 dates in Norway. 3 in Sweden and still nothing in the UK???

Damn you Mr Farage!

:lol

<hilarious Brexit joke that I can't think of right now goes here>

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2016, 10:33:30 AM »
I'm really hoping they come to the US as well. Last anniversary tour they stayed in Europe. Let's hope they decide to tour here as well and for those of you in Europe, enjoy the show :metal  :hefdaddy
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2016, 09:10:09 AM »
Pretty sure more dates are coming.

Here are some tidbits about the upcoming let that I posted in the other thread in the general DT subforum:

Okay, so...I talked to JP last night after the show in Reno, and he shared the set list with me.  First off, no, I will not tell you the entire set list and will not confirm or deny guesses...for the most part.  :biggrin:  I will drop some details here and there, but not enough for people to piece the set together.  But for now, suffice to say:  This is not something to be missed.  People will DEFINITELY enjoy this show.  If you can go to one of these dates, DO IT!

Just for curiosity... he shared in the sense that he told you "We're gonna play this, this and that and also we're gonna do this big epic" or he actually showed you / listed you the entire setlist, song by song? in this second case I thought only Portnoy planned in such advance!

And my response with more specific info here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=48829.msg2240865#msg2240865

Enjoy!  :)

Did you ask if they would have the same screens as on the Astonishing tour on Images & Words and beyond?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2016, 10:52:14 AM »
Still no Eastern Europe...

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »
Bought my ticket for the Milan show. Dream Theater in my hometown on a saturday night!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline LightCurves

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2016, 02:18:51 AM »
Still no Eastern Europe...

Hopefully in March then includig Vienna.