Author Topic: Trump spending time in NYC and security.  (Read 443 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Trump spending time in NYC and security.
« on: November 14, 2016, 09:26:18 AM »
I have so many questions about this. I know presidents have always had their getaway locations, but none were smack dead in the center of NYC.

How is the secret service going to deal with this? Will the three floors of his penthouse be retrofitted with bullet proof glass? There must be thousands of vantage points that a sniper could take advantage of. Thousands of people go in and out of that building on a daily basis, and the city is going to gridlock every time he decides to go somewhere (assuming he doesn't leave by chopper). Has anything like this been done before?

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
Re: Trump spending time in NYC and security.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »
I have so many questions about this. I know presidents have always had their getaway locations, but none were smack dead in the center of NYC.

How is the secret service going to deal with this? Will the three floors of his penthouse be retrofitted with bullet proof glass? There must be thousands of vantage points that a sniper could take advantage of. Thousands of people go in and out of that building on a daily basis, and the city is going to gridlock every time he decides to go somewhere (assuming he doesn't leave by chopper). Has anything like this been done before?

I'm sure it would have an adverse effect on the local airports (as if they could get any worse) as well.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • whahibrido pickingant in action...
Re: Trump spending time in NYC and security.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
Yeah, non-stop no fly zone over Manhattan? No bueno.