Author Topic: 2017 Halloween Costume Thread  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
2017 Halloween Costume Thread
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:44:53 AM »
Post whatever awesome costumes you see on the internet or in real life here.

First one is dedicated to Blob.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: 2017 Halloween Costume Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:56:08 AM »
Here's a hint as to 'who' I'll be Monday at the office and then handing out candy that night.

It's really hard to wrap barbed wire around a bat and attach it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 09:07:42 AM »
You think most people are gonna know who Terry Funk is?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »
:clap:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 07:15:16 PM »
Brilliant.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 05:15:14 PM »

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 07:32:56 AM »
Eeny.....Meeny....

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 09:35:32 AM »
Nice touch with the bloody corpse!  :biggrin:

I'm amazed that you'd be allowed to bring a barbed wire-wrapped baseball bat into work. I may have thought about it myself a couple of times..  :o

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 11:25:38 AM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 11:26:36 AM »
Amazing
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 11:26:50 AM »
Just let your souulll glooooooowwww!!!!!!
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 11:27:11 AM »
Haha that's a great family costume.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 11:29:50 AM »

I'm amazed that you'd be allowed to bring a barbed wire-wrapped baseball bat into work. I may have thought about it myself a couple of times..  :o

I spoke with my boss prior to bringing it in....explained the character and what I had planned and she said "It's a Halloween Party....sounds cool!"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 12:16:06 PM »
It is.  But...I would have a hard time with the following dialog with my 6 year old if it were me:

Kid:  "So, who am I supposed to be again?"
Me:  "Uh...Eddie Murphy..."
Kid:  "Yeah, but which character?"
Me:  "Um...Sexual Chocolate...  Just shut up and roll with it."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »

I spoke with my boss prior to bringing it in....explained the character and what I had planned and she said "It's a Halloween Party....sounds cool!"

Brilliant. You must have a very cool boss!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »
It is.  But...I would have a hard time with the following dialog with my 6 year old if it were me:

Kid:  "So, who am I supposed to be again?"
Me:  "Uh...Eddie Murphy..."
Kid:  "Yeah, but which character?"
Me:  "Um...Sexual Chocolate...  Just shut up and roll with it."

"Sexual chocolate..."
"Who?"
"SEXUAL CHOCOLATE..........." -mic drop-
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »

I love that scene.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 02:45:24 PM »
:clap:

:lol loved Terry Funk!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 08:41:50 PM »
Didn't want to create a whole new thread for 2018....so just bumping this one.

I was 'in charge' of the kiddos costumes this year.

Oldest wanted to be the 'Predator' so that one was fairly simple...just a few purchases....mask....dread lock wig.....fitted outfit was actually a World of Warcraft character. I used 'wolverine' claws to make the dual blade for the arm.

My youngest wanted to be Dr. Strange. You'd think that would be a simple costume to just buy....but there aren't any 'kid' outfits out there. It's all adult and cos play. So I had to buy a blue karate outfit....red cape....found a time stone necklace and sling ring on amazon....made the belt out of a curtain and tassled curtain holders. He was thrilled with the outift and I think it turned out good as well!!

My middle son initially wanted to be a xenomorph (alien) from the movie ALIEN/ALIENS. After seeing how expensive costumes were and how difficult the DYI one's would be....we shifted focus to a 'chest burster' instead. I bought a few patches and a hat that signified the NOSTROMO ship from the original ALIEN....also ordered a stuffed animal chest bursting alien off Amazon. Thing was a good 2 ft long. Ended up cutting it down to size then using some cardboard and a stiff wire to position the alien....then wrapped that around his stomach with a couple ace bandages. He loved his outfit as well and it was pretty fun to make.

All together....(notice older bro predator placing the blades around younger bro Dr. Strange's  head  :lol)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 08:56:04 PM by gmillerdrake »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 09:35:59 PM »
The chest burster is awesome!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 09:42:44 PM »
The chest burster is awesome!

:tup    Thanks. He must have thanked me and hugged me 100 times before he went to bed tonight telling me how much he loved it. Those are the moments I love being a dad....sewing them happy like that.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 05:44:54 AM »
Amazing.  I miss those days.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 06:21:09 AM »
So good to hear how happy your sons were Gary.  Soak up every minute.  They grow up so damn fast as Chad pointed out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 06:36:17 AM »
Gary, that is so cool.  That's one (of the many) things I miss now that my kids are getting out of that age.  I have no input into the "sexy pirate" costumes, so it looks like my time is done.  :)

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 06:57:00 AM »
I truly am trying to enjoy these type of moments. I can already feel how quickly this is all going. It’s so strange. Seems like yesterday they were all just itty bitty babies. Now they want graphic chest bursting aliens leaping from their chest.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 06:57:41 AM »
At least we see your influence. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 07:03:35 AM »
I truly am trying to enjoy these type of moments. I can already feel how quickly this is all going. It’s so strange. Seems like yesterday they were all just itty bitty babies. Now they want graphic chest bursting aliens leaping from their chest.  :lol

It really does. It's rough because those little years seem so long ago.

Oddly, on Halloween, my wife would put on a huge get together, Multiple families and kids, and we'd go out trick or treating (and drinking) in a gang. Last night was the first night we didn't do anything. Honestly, it was so nice. My youngest had a couple of friends over after school, and we all went out for pizza.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 07:25:58 AM »
awesome costumes! chest burster is great.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2018, 07:39:37 AM »
Really cool costumes Gary  :yarr

It really does. It's rough because those little years seem so long ago.

Oddly, on Halloween, my wife would put on a huge get together, Multiple families and kids, and we'd go out trick or treating (and drinking) in a gang. Last night was the first night we didn't do anything. Honestly, it was so nice. My youngest had a couple of friends over after school, and we all went out for pizza.

You know, I have no kids, but I kind of feel like Halloween is nothing like it used to be.  My family used to do the same and have a big group of kids with parents trailing doing the trick or treating.  I can't compare yesterday since I was working and when I got home it was already dark so no kids were allowed out (another big change from my childhood, but I don't hate this rule other than it limits the time for trick or treating big time).  But last time I was home on Halloween, we had ONE kid come to my house, by herself with her parents.  I was so shocked.  Where were the kids, the parents, the large groups?  Where was the fun?  I'm glad to see some people are still able to enjoy the fun, just seems like no one does in my neighborhood anymore.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2018, 07:51:17 AM »
we had ONE kid come to my house, by herself with her parents.  I was so shocked.  Where were the kids, the parents, the large groups?  Where was the fun?  I'm glad to see some people are still able to enjoy the fun, just seems like no one does in my neighborhood anymore.

Our neighborhood has just now finished being built out....it's fairly 'young'. The oldest home in there is 5 years. Last year and last night it was a pretty steady flow of kids....large groups of adults walking the young kiddos....there were by my count three separate hay rides being towed down the streets....and this was in the face of a steady (yet light) drizzle....almost a misting. Most driveways (including mine) had a bonfire going and people handing out candy. I typically stay behind and tend the fire and handle the candy duty. My two oldest now go off on their own with their buddies....my wife walked around with my youngest and a couple other parents and younger kids.

It's fun when there is THAT much involvement in the neighborhood....but on the other hand my in-laws said they had (4) kids stop by....three of which were siblings and at once.

At least we see your influence. :lol

Whether it's the 'right' thing to do or not.....my two oldest over the past few months have seen PREDATOR, ALIEN, ALIENS, PROMETHEUS and COVENANT. There are moments in those movies that are a bit graphic but I think you have to gauge your own kids/personalities when it comes to movies like that and I know where they stand so I said 'F' it. And obviously they LOVED watching them  :lol 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2018, 07:54:06 AM »
Yea, that sounds like a fun neighborhood.  I don't see that near me anymore, haven't in a long time really when I think about it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »
At a certain age they know more than you think.  So you ease them in for your benefit.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2018, 02:06:49 PM »
Whether it's the 'right' thing to do or not.....my two oldest over the past few months have seen PREDATOR, ALIEN, ALIENS, PROMETHEUS and COVENANT. There are moments in those movies that are a bit graphic but I think you have to gauge your own kids/personalities when it comes to movies like that and I know where they stand so I said 'F' it. And obviously they LOVED watching them  :lol 

Just out of curiosity, what did they think of Prometheus and Covenant?   I know they were largely panned by critics and a significant fraction of the public (I liked them), so I am curious to know what somebody things who came late to the party and watched the first two Alien films and then those. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what did they think of Prometheus and Covenant?   I know they were largely panned by critics and a significant fraction of the public (I liked them), so I am curious to know what somebody things who came late to the party and watched the first two Alien films and then those.

They LOVED them. Especially Covenant. They reallly like ALIENS and seems to be their favorite given the gun fighting and battles.....but its like I said....they really like the prequals.
  And, I liked both movies first time seeing them. Fast forward a couple years having not watched either of them in a while then watching them back to back within days I liked them even more.