Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars  (Read 919 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Dancing With the Stars
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:04:52 AM »
Didn't see a topic on it, so I figured I'd see if anyone else watches it.

Yes, bemoan the term "stars" all you want, that aside, I really quite enjoy it.  It's pretty cool to see professional dancers take people who don't know jack shit about dancing and actually transform them (most of the time) into people who are capable of performing a dance with grace and fluidity.  There are some truly amazing performances that take place.  Some where you're just sitting there like "Wow, I can't believe they just did that".
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:46:27 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: Dancing With the Stars
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 05:08:39 PM »
My wife watches it religiously.  Sometimes I'll watch it with her because the girls are always hot.  Sometimes... no, come to think of it, that's the only reason I ever watch it.

Seriously, that is pretty cool that a somewhat less-than-popular art form is enjoying a resurgence, it's just not my cup of tea.  But the girls are always hot.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: Dancing With the Stars
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 07:21:36 AM »
Yeah, their stable of female dancers are VERY easy on the eyes.  I've seen some ridiculously emotional and intimate dance routines on this show before, like nothing I've ever seen before.  I've seen some extremely hot dance routines (this past Monday, country star Jana Kramer and her partner did a tango that culminated with the dance taking place underneath a running rainfall shower).  I've seen feats that have really blown me away.  Like football player Calvin Johnson lifting his (probably 100-ish pound) partner above his head, military press-style, full arm extension, and spinning around.  Imagine lifting a 100 pound barbell above your head and holding it for several seconds, while spinning around.  Now imagine that barbell is a human body that isn't nearly as steady and easy to hold onto as a barbell.  Unreal.  It's pretty cool to see the progression in these people as the weeks go on and the routines they're able to pull off.  Pretty amazing for people who mostly have zero background in this kinda stuff.