Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION  (Read 23466 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2017, 02:03:04 PM »
You're probably right about the junkyard group.

I enjoyed this episode. It's got me pretty stoked for next week.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »
Truly...the opposite of love is indifference, not hate.

The longer I live, the truer this statement becomes.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2017, 02:28:46 PM »
You're probably right about the junkyard group.

I enjoyed this episode. It's got me pretty stoked for next week.

I'm pretty excited to see next weeks episode as well. So many things could happen. I'm more curious to see how close to the comic they play it. I'd be totally fine with note for note but I'm sure there will be a change of tune here and there.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2017, 02:20:38 AM »
Just done a catch up 3 episodes back-to-back.   

I'm left just thinking how much better a villain Simon is over Negan.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2017, 07:52:54 AM »
All in all it was an alright finale. Can't really top the one from last season as far as generating a buzz. I could have done without the Sasha/Abraham flashbacks, I think we all understood 'why' she was going to kill herself...didn't need anymore clarification on that IMO, but it was a good try on her part to get Negan.

I liked that Carl was the one that wasted no time to start firing once that distraction hit....although the fact that they keep having him shoot and aim with his right eye that no longer exists bug the living crap out of me. Small detail but it's an easy one to fix to make it more authentic.

I literally laughed out loud at two of Negan's lines....."They got a Fuc%king Tiger".....and the "There's the widow, alive and well...guns a blazin'"  I thought JDM delivered those lines in perfect comic book Negan fashion.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2017, 08:06:09 AM »
I thought the season finished pretty strong after meandering through the first half.  Still absolutely love JDM as Negan, he's so much fun to watch. 

Apparently the Sasha-bomb may have been changed a bit from the comic, since Fear the Walking Dead did the same exact trick, unknowingly (placing a bag over a walker's head and pretending to return a hostage).  I don't mind the change-ups, and it was nice to actually cheer for a walker for a change. 

Online faizoff

« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »
I too liked the episode but I'm switching to binging the show at the end of the season next season onwards. There's really no need for me to be watching this week to week anymore. I know they'll stretch out the Negan arc for like 3-4 seasons seeing how they want to do 20 years more of this shit.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online faizoff

« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2017, 08:41:41 AM »
Also with what's with the garbage people talking like 3 year olds. I'd understand if it's 30 years in the future and their leader just looks like a cheaper version of Milla Jovovich.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
Also with what's with the garbage people talking like 3 year olds. I'd understand if it's 30 years in the future and their leader just looks like a cheaper version of Milla Jovovich.

They might not be American so their broken English may be the result. Helen, Georgia has a German town. Been there, really cool. Anyway, yeah, she's a Discount Milla Jovovich.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: April 03, 2017, 11:09:08 AM »
I thought the season finished pretty strong after meandering through the first half.  Still absolutely love JDM as Negan, he's so much fun to watch. 

Apparently the Sasha-bomb may have been changed a bit from the comic, since Fear the Walking Dead did the same exact trick, unknowingly (placing a bag over a walker's head and pretending to return a hostage).  I don't mind the change-ups, and it was nice to actually cheer for a walker for a change.

I enjoyed the season minus the two or three filler episodes. I'd love to see the seasons shortened to 10 or 12 episodes so that the filler ones would just vanish and the content of the remaining would be more in depth. But all in all I think this season was good, especially when viewed as a whole.

As far as the Sasha bomb, as I said earlier I don't think there was anyone who paid one bit of attention that didn't know that was going to happen and there was no need for the Abraham flashbacks there. Anyway...

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »
As far as the Sasha bomb, as I said earlier I don't think there was anyone who paid one bit of attention that didn't know that was going to happen and there was no need for the Abraham flashbacks there. Anyway...

I liked the Abraham flashbacks - Nicotero had some things to say about it in the following interview, which I agree with.  Abraham and Glenn were taken from us (and the show) in Episode 1.  To have the finale pay tribute to them is a very cool idea.

https://ew.com/tv/2017/04/03/walking-dead-season-finale-director-greg-nicotero/

As for the flashback, as he mentioned in the interview, it gives Sasha purpose.  She was being selfish and trying to keep Abraham from going with on the fateful trip to Hilltop.  He ends up being killed due to his belief in helping her, since the baby represents the future of this world.  So she finishes his mission - help and protect Maggie, even if it means trying to go after Negan alone, and killing herself to try and make it happen. 

I loved the scenes that go back to them watching the sunrise and ending the episode on Glenn's watch.  Very touching.

Online faizoff

« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2017, 11:43:30 AM »
I too enjoyed the flashbacks, it definitely gave Sasha more depth and purpose. My only gripe with the whole finale was the way the gunfight was edited/executed. It sometimes looked like an Austin Powers shootup with everyone standing in front of each other and missing everyone.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »
My only gripe with the whole finale was the way the gunfight was edited/executed. It sometimes looked like an Austin Powers shootup with everyone standing in front of each other and missing everyone.

this.  It seemed like they were choreographed and filmed as if they were fighting walkers instead of humans with guns.  Just standing out in the open, running towards enemy combatants with no cover while seemingly raising their guns at the last moment to fire.

One time it looked like Tara was getting shot up, and the edit made it look like Rosita was the one doing the shooting!  :lol

There was also a weird moment at the end of the fight where Maggie was crouching around a car and turned the corner of the car as if she were ambushing someone.  But she came face to face with people on her side (Daryl was one of them I think?).  But they were coming from the same direction she was initially coming from and there wasn't a lot in the way that would have blocked her from seeing who they were.  It just seemed off.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2017, 08:09:20 AM »
I thought it was a decent episode overall, but is anyone else getting tired of the fake-out deaths? It feels like every other episode they're trying to fake the viewer out making it seem like someone was killed when they obviously weren't. They're abusing it to the point that I roll my eyes when it happens now. I'm also having a hard time taking the show seriously whenever the tiger is in it, but I'll still be back for next season  :lol

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2017, 04:19:49 AM »
The finale was OK, better than most of this season.

They fell for the 'things don't exist till they are on camera' trap with the Shiva Tiger rescue.  The junkyard people remain utterly awful, they are like elves.

At least Simon survived, by far the best new character - and way better than Negan.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
Among the chaos, a prowling tiger might be able to sneak up out of nowhere, but the tiger itself is farfetched to begin with so I just roll with it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Operation: Slothcrime
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Behind the scenes of the tiger attack  :lol
https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs/status/848880489716998144