Author Topic: Pennsylvania shows  (Read 4658 times)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pennsylvania shows
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:45:55 AM »
Wow yea the sales are terrible for a lot of these shows.  I can also admit I am part of this, this is the first time Im questioning about seeing a DT show.  Looks like a lot of the NJ tickets got sold recently (or maybe given away?)  It seems interesting that over the course of a week all of the back rows in the balconies are now sold.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:52:13 AM »
As a Pittsburgher, these are shows I won't be traveling to, I saw them the first leg of the tour when they came here so I have already seen the show.

Honestly, if they were coming back near me I'd probably go again (I loved the show) but I'm not going to drive 4 hours to see the same show I already saw.

Also - these are really small markets, it makes sense they aren't selling many tickets. Basically, if you play anywhere in PA besides Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, you are playing in a small market.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53:52 AM »
The Hershey show isn't all that bad, though there are tell-tale signs of them holding back seats to release later, so the maps are somewhat misleading. Don't be surprised if rows 3-6 magically appear in the next day or two. I also wouldn't be surprised if somebody gets to the venue and they just stay empty the entire time.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »
The tour page on DT's site is down and I'm not seeing the 10/22 in NY on Ticketmaster. I hope there weren't more cancellations :/

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 09:52:43 AM »
The tour page on DT's site is down and I'm not seeing the 10/22 in NY on Ticketmaster. I hope there weren't more cancellations :/
That shows being sold through the venue. Just pulled 4th row center, though. That's a bad sign.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 01:48:37 PM »
Wow yea the sales are terrible for a lot of these shows.  I can also admit I am part of this, this is the first time Im questioning about seeing a DT show.  Looks like a lot of the NJ tickets got sold recently (or maybe given away?)  It seems interesting that over the course of a week all of the back rows in the balconies are now sold.

They just blocked off those seats. The NJ sales are absolutely DREADFUL!

Time for the band to re-access BIGTIME!

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 07:28:33 PM »
Holy crap you're not kidding.

When I saw this tour in Baltimore, I got the last four seats available in the last row of the theater. Packed house, excited crowd.

I have front row for Friday in Wilkes Barre. Not even half sold. I was really surprised when I saw they had three shows within 2 hours of my house in the middle of nowhere PA. I wish there had been so many DT show options in this area on other tours. What's going on with this one?  I think they may have really misjudged the market for this leg of the tour. Is the mass of negative reaction from longtime fans creating a digging-in and doubling-down mentality or something?

Being up front, the show will be great for us no matter how many people are back there. My 13 year old is doing a Faythe costume to go with the show. My 10 year old may be Xander. We're having some fun with it.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 06:54:19 AM »
I guess the thing I'm finding weird is that they are doing this second US leg, but there are still a lot of other places in the world they haven't presented this show. I might have missed it but basically all they have done is Europe and NA, right? I would have thought they would book their usual South America and Asia dates before tried to cover ground in the US again.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »
The Hershey show is like 30-ish minutes from me.  Very close.  I won't be there, though.  Wife's birthday that night and we're going to go see my old band, I think.

The local crap music station has been giving away DT tickets all this week and last week, as the prize for the morning spelling bee.  Call up, they give you a word, spell it right, win tickets.  Spell it wrong, and if you spell it spectacularly wrong enough, you may possibly become part of the promo for the spelling bee segment.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 11:31:43 AM »
Just my opinion, but if the current leg of the tour had been a true evening with DT and a mixed set list, the ticket sales would have been much stronger.  I wonder if the entire band 100% bought into the idea of presenting only TA in theaters.  I would think MM and JM may be rather bored with the TA only format especially since they probably had little input in the project.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 01:29:38 PM »
I guess the thing I'm finding weird is that they are doing this second US leg, but there are still a lot of other places in the world they haven't presented this show. I might have missed it but basically all they have done is Europe and NA, right? I would have thought they would book their usual South America and Asia dates before tried to cover ground in the US again.

They actually already did tour in South America.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 02:15:34 PM »

They actually already did tour in South America.

Ah, okay! Totally missed that  :lol

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 07:53:17 PM »
Just my opinion, but if the current leg of the tour had been a true evening with DT and a mixed set list, the ticket sales would have been much stronger.  I wonder if the entire band 100% bought into the idea of presenting only TA in theaters.  I would think MM and JM may be rather bored with the TA only format especially since they probably had little input in the project.

I can't speak to the latter, but the first part I am in agreement. I was so psyched to see another tour announced so quickly, but it was probably way too optimistic to think we'd get a traditional show. They really invested a lot of energy in TA, and I get that they want to push forward with it. And look, I'm onboard since I am going to see this show again. Ths time it's Front row with two kids, each of whom is getting into cosplaying for the show. They love DT. But as much as I love being able to do this, I'd love a full on evening with DT show even more. But hey, it's not like this is the last time, right? I do think it will be the last time they do Wilkes-Barre, Allentown and Hershey in a week though. Too bad. I think I'd catch all three on another tour.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 10:05:51 AM »
I KNOW for sure that if it was a traditional "evening with" I would be there definitely. But, I saw TA on the first leg, and absolutely no reason to see it again.

Offline Thoughtspart3

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 07:43:08 PM »

I can't speak to the latter, but the first part I am in agreement. I was so psyched to see another tour announced so quickly, but it was probably way too optimistic to think we'd get a traditional show. They really invested a lot of energy in TA, and I get that they want to push forward with it. And look, I'm onboard since I am going to see this show again. Ths time it's Front row with two kids, each of whom is getting into cosplaying for the show. They love DT. But as much as I love being able to do this, I'd love a full on evening with DT show even more. But hey, it's not like this is the last time, right? I do think it will be the last time they do Wilkes-Barre, Allentown and Hershey in a week though. Too bad. I think I'd catch all three on another tour.

Hey.  Saw you guys there.  It was priceless when James had your daughter come up on the stage during Astonishing.  It capped off the concert in a special way.  I  loved the look on her face.

I loved the Wilkes Barre show.  The crowd was a little subdued but not too bad.  During JP's solo in A New Beginning I couldn't take it anymore. Some of us started to stand up and cheer as he kept building it.  I waved everyone around me to get up. It was too epic to stay seated. By the end the whole crowd was on their feet cheering.  :metal James made us stand up for A Hymn of a Thousand Voices and we stayed on our feet the rest of the way.  I really enjoyed the concert.  It was nice to drive less than an hour to see my favorite band.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
Thought about going to Hershey, but so soon after Allentown was probably not a good idea.  I haven't ruled out NJ PAC yet.

I was a little surprised about a second US leg. Can't remember the last time a second U.S leg ever happened. It's great for the fans even if it doesn't appear to make much business sense from the outside looking in.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 03:36:23 PM »
Can't remember the last time a second U.S leg ever happened.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 10:40:16 AM »
Can't remember the last time a second U.S leg ever happened.
Doh!

Thanks.

Memory has been pretty bad lately.