Author Topic: The Pretty Reckless  (Read 979 times)

Offline PetFish

The Pretty Reckless
« on: October 03, 2016, 12:20:38 AM »
New video for Take Me Down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQpZv2r8fb4

The track is really rockin'.  The band is really rockin'.  It's all good.

I just wish Momsen would take care of her voice cuz live she *really* struggles and it's not so rockin'.  She chain-smokes and doesn't warm up/down at all.

Offline kaos2900

Re: The Pretty Reckless
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 07:06:07 AM »
Anyone else get the new album. Never really loved the band but the first two albums were pretty good. Not sure what to think of the new album. Half is strong and half is weak.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:56:33 AM »
As a casual fan, I would say Who You Selling For is easily their best piece of work. It's wonderful from start to finish, especially if you like relatively laid back music with a bluesy edge.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline The Cat Of Tuscany

• "The truth is the truth and the only thing you can do is to live with it."
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »
I LOVE 'The Walls Are Closing In / Hangman'.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 02:18:43 PM »
I really like the new album (and that album cover :o). Easily their best to date with a nice mix of styles.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 02:45:08 PM »
My copy just arrived a few minutes ago. Hope to give it a listen later.

Regarding Taylor and taking care of herself, I read an interview with her where she stated she went hard into drugs after Kato Khandwala died. Sounds like she went rock bottom. Guessing that can't be good for her.

As for the bands albums, first one is okay, second is my favorite, third took some time but finally clicked with me. They evolve from album to album, pretty heavily. Takes some getting used to.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline PetFish

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 07:31:52 PM »
What did you think?

I'm glad Momsen is ok but I don't think she looks healthy.  Her face/eyes are looking crack-addicty but maybe that's a byproduct of being in trouble and then getting through treatment.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 08:14:24 PM »
I really like it. Clicked right on the first listen. Kind of covered the bases of all of the styles from throughout the first 3 albums. Definitely a lot harder edged than the last one. Very obvious how Chris and Kato's deaths hit her based on the lyrics. I didn't realize that they were Soundgarden's opening act on the tour that Chris killed himself. I just thought it hit her like a mentor kind of thing or something, then I find out they were touring together.

And yeah, she went hard into drugs so I am not surprised about how it might be affecting her. She said she had given up on life and even mentions the 27 club on the album. Who knows how close we came to losing her, but she seemed to get through it and is moving on as best she can.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history