Author Topic: Twelve Foot Ninja  (Read 1369 times)

Offline LordCost

Twelve Foot Ninja
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:09:11 PM »
I don't see a thread about them in the index of bands. What do you think about the new album? I much prefer without a doubt the new album with respect to Silent Machine, all the songs in general are more experimental and have more ideas and interesting details

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Twelve Foot Ninja
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 03:13:10 PM »
WTF is Twelve Foot Ninja?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 03:20:44 PM »
I've only listened to a few odd songs via Spotify. Quite liked them but they were kinda inconsistent from what I listened to, if I remember correctly. Haven't ventured further at this point.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 03:26:19 PM »
OK. Funny name.

Checking them out on Spotify.

Sounds like Rage Against The Primus Peppers.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »
Point of You is awesome plus a few other songs, but I think Silent Machine is superior, still needs more listens though.

My favorite song by them is probably (cliché I know) Mother Sky, such a fun song.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 05:27:40 PM »
There was another thread but might not have been listed...

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=34650

Loved "Silent Machine" but have yet to listen to the new album. So much new stuff out this year!

Offline LordCost

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
I will relisten soon Silent Machine, I saved on my mp3 only Kingdom, Vanguard and Rogue and I haven't listened the other songs since quite a long time (only because I needed space, there wasn't a single song that I didn't like in that album). But I remember that I considered the Smoke Bomb EP slightly better than the debut album, so Outlier is definitely my favourite release of them.

My favourites at the moment are Collateral and Dig For Bones, but I love every song apart Monsoon and Adios that maybe will grow on me soon, they are near the end of the album. I'm pleasantly surprised by the use of harsh vocals, even if in only a few moments (I didn't remember they used it on the debut), and by the improvement of the songwriting (there's nothing as adventourous as Dig For Bones in their catalogue). And the riff on One Hand Killing has replaced the intro of Clarion as my favourite one of their discography.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:04:00 PM by LordCost »

Offline LordCost

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »
There was another thread but might not have been listed...

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=34650

Loved "Silent Machine" but have yet to listen to the new album. So much new stuff out this year!

Sorry, next time I open a topic I will do a search before..

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 12:30:32 AM »
Point of You is awesome plus a few other songs, but I think Silent Machine is superior, still needs more listens though.

My favorite song by them is probably (cliché I know) Mother Sky, such a fun song.
This
I loved discovering their prog "uniqueness" (coming for you, one hand killing...), but the last album felt to me like a 50 minutes song, it feeled less crazy and too homogeneous to me.

I still have the older songs so :D
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 04:25:32 AM »
Yeah I'd say Silent Machine is better overall - more quirky and fun which is definitely their forte. New album is still very good though!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline krands85

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 02:07:23 PM »
Megabump, is there a more recent thread for this band?

I'd never heard of them before, but I just came across them via a youtube video and am listening to their new album. Sounds pretty cool so far  :tup
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww