Poll

Vote for the album that you want to eliminate!

Maiden Japan
8 (42.1%)
Beast Over Hammersmith
0 (0%)
Live After Death
0 (0%)
Maiden England
1 (5.3%)
A Real Live One
5 (26.3%)
A Real Dead One
2 (10.5%)
Live at Donington
1 (5.3%)
Rock in Rio
0 (0%)
Death on the Road
0 (0%)
Flight 666
0 (0%)
En Vivo!
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: October 05, 2016, 12:00:52 AM

Author Topic: Iron Maiden Spinoff 2016 - Live Album Survivor - Round 1  (Read 345 times)

Offline 425

Iron Maiden Spinoff 2016 - Live Album Survivor - Round 1
« on: October 02, 2016, 12:00:52 AM »
Album Survivor

At long last, I'm actually starting the second Iron Maiden spinoff survivor: our live album survivor. I imagine we'll have reduced participation here as it'll mostly be hardcore fans who have all or most of the live albums, but that's okay. I think Iron Maiden's collection of live albums is much stronger than it is for a majority of bands, simply because Maiden is a band that excels live, very often exceeding the studio performances of the songs. There are also a lot of live albums to consider compared to a lot of other bands.

I've chosen to be pretty broad with what's included here. The result is that some of the albums here are ones that not that many people have. If anyone chooses to vote for an album simply because they don't have it, I think that's fine. Please don't vote if you have never listened to a majority of the selections available at any given time, as that would defeat the purpose. But if you're familiar with seven out of the 11 albums on the list and vote for one of the ones you don't know, I think that's probably fine.

Technically, since this is a live album survivor, and some of these are indeed audio-only releases, you're voting on how well you like the audio component. I'm not necessarily going to say that anyone's rationale for voting is wrong, per se, but my recommended position is that the survivor is based only on audio, not on video components. Therefore, my dislike of the rapid cut style of the Death on the Road video is not going to factor into my vote, personally. But vote how you want.

So, I have nine out of the 11 albums on this list. The only ones I don't have are the hard-to-get ones: Beast Over Hammersmith and Maiden Japan. I'll probably vote for Maiden Japan, since I don't know it and I'm not like a huge fan of the Di'Anno era. Of the ones I know, my least favorite is probably A Real Live One, since it has a lot of songs from my least favorite era, all of which are repeated on Live at Donington and usually have a higher quality of performance on that release.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Mladen

Re: Iron Maiden Spinoff 2016 - Live Album Survivor - Round 1
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 02:04:15 AM »
A Real Live One

Or Dead one, either one could get my vote.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 02:38:25 AM »
Maiden Japan, mostly because the other ones are so good (but probably I'll go for the Live / Dead ones immediately after).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 01:00:38 PM »
Maiden Japan

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:13:38 AM »
A Real Live One

Or Dead one, either one could get my vote.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol