Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 253425 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Avengers: Endgame -- PUT ALL SPOILERS HERE ONLY
« Reply #3011 on: May 03, 2019, 03:31:23 PM »

I just saw this post on FB

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3012 on: May 03, 2019, 03:32:32 PM »
You know that's not real, right?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3013 on: May 03, 2019, 03:39:07 PM »
You know that's not real, right?

I know, but one can dream, right?  :biggrin:

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #3015 on: May 04, 2019, 12:13:10 AM »
I agree with Chad.

I was waiting to see how they shoehorned a scene like that in, and rolled my eyes when I saw it. It doesn't negatively impact the movie for me at all. It's just... yea

That female power scene felt very out of place, even my girlfriend turned to me and said "that was unnecesary". We get it, there's some badass females in the Avengers/MCU, but we (the audience) aren't that dumb to not realize it, we don't need to be told "oh, look they're badass because they're female #feminism". Like you said, it doesn't impact the movie overall, but it was completely unnecesary.

I know at least five female friends whose gave superhero movies a chance because of Captain Marvel. So much so that they watched the previous movies and enjoyed Avengers Endgame, some of them actually clamoring that there should be more of these scenes or more Captain Marvel, etc. A lot of times, representation is necessary to draw in a new segment of an audience. That scene is barely half a minute long. That's short compared to the five minutes or so of white cis-gendered male fantasy of the Big 3 going against Thanos.

And it's actually just another shoutout to the comic books.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3016 on: May 04, 2019, 09:37:18 AM »
Saw it again last night in Dolby Cinema. What an awesome audio experience. I loved the movie even more in second viewing. Somehow the movie felt shorter lol.

I'm thinking the reason why Peter Parker is back in high school is due to Tony's snap somehow.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Adami

« Reply #3017 on: May 04, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
Saw it again last night in Dolby Cinema. What an awesome audio experience. I loved the movie even more in second viewing. Somehow the movie felt shorter lol.

I'm thinking the reason why Peter Parker is back in high school is due to Tony's snap somehow.

Peter's back in high school because he didn't age and is still high school age.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3018 on: May 04, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »
Peter's back in high school because he didn't age and is still high school age.

due to Tony's snap somehow.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

« Reply #3019 on: May 04, 2019, 11:27:23 AM »
But that nothing to do with Tony's snap. That was Hulk's snap.

Tony's snap just killed Thanos and his peeps
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3020 on: May 04, 2019, 01:09:59 PM »
It could ofc be addressed in Far From Home but it does feel a bit far fetched that none of Peter's classmates (the important ones from Homecoming) survived the snap and they are all the same age still. I mean you can still explain it cause technically only half the population died, but more a "whats the chances?" situation. :P

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3021 on: May 04, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »
Saw it again last night at 11. There were still a number of people who were seeing it for the first time and most of the big moments still got a big reaction. Fat Thor, Cap + Mjolnir, "Hail Hydra," and "on your left" got the most response. Someone with a mouth full of food yelled WHAT when Thanos got his head axed  :lol

Also I saw Howard the Duck, but the principal in Parker's high school... he looked too old to be BM imo
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3022 on: May 04, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »
It could ofc be addressed in Far From Home but it does feel a bit far fetched that none of Peter's classmates (the important ones from Homecoming) survived the snap and they are all the same age still. I mean you can still explain it cause technically only half the population died, but more a "whats the chances?" situation. :P
How many are we talking about here? I mean Peter, Ned and "MJ" seem like the necessary ones to me, so that's 3 people. That's a 1 in 8 chance so perfectly feasible. If there are more and *none* of them were snapped, then I agree that does seem fairly unlikely.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #3023 on: May 04, 2019, 02:17:42 PM »
How many are we talking about here? I mean Peter, Ned and "MJ" seem like the necessary ones to me, so that's 3 people. That's a 1 in 8 chance so perfectly feasible. If there are more and *none* of them were snapped, then I agree that does seem fairly unlikely.

Don't forget Flash. So that makes 4 at the very least. And maybe it's just me, but Aunt May doesn't look to be much older in the trailer either.

Online Adami

« Reply #3024 on: May 04, 2019, 03:43:26 PM »
I think I read that the Russos's said May survived the Snap.

For people like her, we might be overestimating how much 5 years ages someone.

But yea, with Spider-Man, Ned was confirmed to have been snapped. The other two are MJ and Flash. I assume MJ is the same age since it'd be odd for a 5 years older MJ to be hitting on a 16 or 17 year old Parker. Flash though....who knows? Maybe he's a teacher's aid or something now? I dunno

I believe the trailer also showed Betty Brandt as not aging. So it's a growing list. But all in all, it doesn't bug me much. I mean, what are the odds of ANY Avenegrs survivng a 50/50 snap? Nonetheless all of the originals. So I'm good.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:56:55 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3025 on: May 04, 2019, 03:56:20 PM »

For people like her, we might be overestimating now much 5 years ages someone.
Yeah seriously, past like mid 20s people seem to hardly age in 5 years.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3026 on: May 04, 2019, 05:06:12 PM »

Im thinking about the scene at the end of the Far From Home trailer when it's Peter's classmates all gathered watching the news with Mysterio (I believe) and apart from Ned, MJ, Flash and Betty Brant there's a few other faces from Homecoming too. Something like 6 or 7 classmates I believe.

Online Adami

« Reply #3027 on: May 04, 2019, 05:10:50 PM »
I just checked that scene. I could see Betty, Ned, MJ, and Flash from Homecoming. Then there's 2 other people there that I don't recognize at all.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #3028 on: May 04, 2019, 05:37:42 PM »

For people like her, we might be overestimating now much 5 years ages someone.
Yeah seriously, past like mid 20s people seem to hardly age in 5 years.

I mean, sure. I'm mostly going off the idea that the filmmakers would want to make an age change fairly visually obvious, or at least I would assume, as was the case for the 5 years older Tony in Endgame.

Then again, all this is to assume that the footage in the FFH trailer isn't altered for the final product, which has happened pretty frequently for the past few MCU films, usually to avoid spoilers.

Online Adami

« Reply #3029 on: May 04, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »
So just for comparison, he's Marisa Tomei in 2019 and also in 2014. Here's what five years does to her.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #3030 on: May 04, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »
I mean, she looks pretty much the same in both of those pictures. Not hard to believe that she's aged 5 years in between Infinity War and Homecoming. I'm more interested in how they're gonna handle her dealing with Spidey getting snapped, because they didn't give that any weight at all in Endgame.

Also the memes for Endgame are fantastic so far guys

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3031 on: May 05, 2019, 07:25:57 AM »
Kids/teens age a ton in 5 years. Once you're past your mid-20s it isn't going to make a huge difference for most people. Except maybe men who lose their hair.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Not really MCU, but close enough:  Saw Into the Spiderverse last night with the kids.  It wasn't great, but I enjoyed it.  The biggest gimmick appears to be the meta-nature of the entire thing.  I am familiar enough with the "spiderverse" to have gotten the basic idea and some of the jokes.  But I'm sure a lot more moments hit home for those who have stayed up on all the comics in the last two decades.  Still, a fun movie, despite a lot of the final act being seizure inducing.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
New Far From Home trailer - warning, big-big Endgame spoilers in here.  Tom Holland even gives a PSA before the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9L1jCKGnE

Giggity.  Looks very nice.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
New Far From Home trailer - warning, big-big Endgame spoilers in here.  Tom Holland even gives a PSA before the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9L1jCKGnE

Giggity.  Looks very nice.

:eek HYPED!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
That looks...AWESOME.

Now I see why this is still considered the end of phase 3.  Seems like a fitting way to close the book on Stark's arc.  And along those lines, I have to say that I am REALLY glad Marvel and Sony were able to strike their deal that allowed Spiderman to become part of the MCU.  They have used his character EXTREMELY well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:44:50 AM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

Woah. That trailer was intense! I am so excited for this movie now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Looks pretty fun.  I like how the theme music was integrated at the very end there.

A bigger role for Happy?  I guess it makes sense, and the trailer could make it look like there's a lot more of him than actually in the film.  For all we know, we just saw most of his screen time.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Does that confirm the multiverse? I had to play the trailer with the volume low but I heard something about other dimensions.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
That's what I got out of it.  Fury said the guy ("Beck"?) is from Earth, just not our Earth.

Someone commented about "MJ" upthread and I didn't quite follow, but now I think I get it.  Zendaya's character is Michelle Jones, but she goes by "MJ".  Mary Jane of course was often "MJ", so there's the connection.  But... why?  I mean, why do it this way?  Because they didn't know whether to go with Mary Jane or Gwen?  Because Zendaya isn't white and thus couldn't portray either of them without some fans going apeshit?  So this is what they ended up with?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3040 on: May 06, 2019, 01:17:34 PM »
:thoryes:

I knew it!

The Russos and McFeely basically confirmed that Cap was basically bluffing when he tried to pick up the hammer in AOU.

Another huge surprise in “Endgame” is the climactic moment when Captain America wields Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir. The twist has led many Marvel fans to wonder why Captain American could finally pick up the hammer after failing to do so during the opening of “Avengers: Age of Ultron.” McFeely said there are two possible answers, one of which is that Steve could have been bluffing in “Ultron” as to not upset Thor (this is an answer shared by director Joe Russo). A second answer deals with Captain America’s guilt.

“Another interesting version which we did not really consider, but I’ll go with, which is, at that time, in ‘Ultron,’ he’s holding on to a secret about Tony Stark’s parents,” McFeely said. “He’s withholding this thing from Tony, that his parents were murdered by his friend, Bucky. Or he likely knew that. And so, only when that is released, only when he tells the truth to Tony in ‘Civil War,’ is he worthy to wield the hammer. That comes from the internet. That’s not necessarily what we were thinking, but I kinda like it.”

Clark:What made Cap finally worthy of Thor's hammer? Was there a specific instance, because in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," he nudges it, but can't quite pick it up.

Joe: I think in "Age of Ultron" he may have not picked up the hammer in order to not embarrass Thor.

Anthony: That's the way we think of it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3041 on: May 06, 2019, 01:24:56 PM »
Considering they weren't involved in Age of Ultron, I'm not sure what makes them the authority to say so.   :P  If Fiege or Whedon said so, then I'd buy it.

Online Adami

« Reply #3042 on: May 06, 2019, 01:59:15 PM »
Only issue with that, is that what they say is an interpretation. They can give definitive facts on their movies, but not that one. Only Joss Whedon can say what he meant in that scene.

So sorry Bosky, it's just very very important fans speculating.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3043 on: May 06, 2019, 02:04:55 PM »
Not unless you change the definition of "speculating."  It's pretty much canon at this point, dude.  You have it right from the horse's mouth.

Online Adami

« Reply #3044 on: May 06, 2019, 02:06:31 PM »
Not unless you change the definition of "speculating."  It's pretty much canon at this point, dude.  You have it right from the horse's mouth.

But they ain't the horse. They weren't involved with the movie. The horses are Joss Whedon and Kevin Fiege. Sadly, they're the only ones who can confirm it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com