Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 248485 times)

Offline The Trooper

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1540 on: May 17, 2018, 10:43:23 AM »
Just saw Deadpool 2. Just as good as the first if not better. Need to rewatch it again because I I know missed some of the one liners.  Solid movie, and I love the first Deadpool.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1541 on: May 18, 2018, 06:08:25 AM »
Deadpool was pretty awesome.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1542 on: May 18, 2018, 11:04:36 PM »
Damn, wtf at that ending of AoS man....  :'( :'( :'(

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1543 on: May 19, 2018, 01:30:06 AM »
So mad I can’t watch this....
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1544 on: May 19, 2018, 03:57:58 AM »
SPOILERS for Agents of Shield, for those who can't watch the latest episodes yet

-------------

I'm a bit disappointed that the season didn't end with half of everyone disappearing. I get it, it wants to be its own thing, but when Infinity War ends with such a universally massive thing I feel like it should ripple through the rest of the cinematic universe as well. The way AoS tied into Age of Ultron was among the coolest moments of the show, so I'm just a bit bummed that we didn't get more than just a quick mention of Thanos.

But yeah, the finale was pretty good and emotional anyways so I'm not that upset. I rolled my eyes hard when they revealed that Fitz wasn't dead after all, but then when I realized how they solved it I was actually quite impressed. I had completely forgotten that Enok still has him frozen somewhere in space in this timeline, so cudos to them for that.

Although, Daisy's fight with Talbot wasn't really that great. Her surviving him smashing her into the street from like a thousand feet in the air was pretty bullshit. Her finding the cerum and injecting herself, changing the timeline was pretty cool, but then that one push was all it took to beat him? Seemed a bit cheap.

But Fitz death scene was great. Fantastic acting on his part. And again, great way to actually have your cake and eat it too. Killing off a great character, but still finding a way to keep him around without actually cheating.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1545 on: May 19, 2018, 11:30:37 AM »
SPOILERS for Agents of Shield, for those who can't watch the latest episodes yet

-------------

I'm a bit disappointed that the season didn't end with half of everyone disappearing. I get it, it wants to be its own thing, but when Infinity War ends with such a universally massive thing I feel like it should ripple through the rest of the cinematic universe as well. The way AoS tied into Age of Ultron was among the coolest moments of the show, so I'm just a bit bummed that we didn't get more than just a quick mention of Thanos.

But yeah, the finale was pretty good and emotional anyways so I'm not that upset. I rolled my eyes hard when they revealed that Fitz wasn't dead after all, but then when I realized how they solved it I was actually quite impressed. I had completely forgotten that Enok still has him frozen somewhere in space in this timeline, so cudos to them for that.

Although, Daisy's fight with Talbot wasn't really that great. Her surviving him smashing her into the street from like a thousand feet in the air was pretty bullshit. Her finding the cerum and injecting herself, changing the timeline was pretty cool, but then that one push was all it took to beat him? Seemed a bit cheap.

But Fitz death scene was great. Fantastic acting on his part. And again, great way to actually have your cake and eat it too. Killing off a great character, but still finding a way to keep him around without actually cheating.

Obviously SPOILER WARNING HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I literally cried when Fitz died, but I'm so relieved they found a way  to bring him back, and now that we know they're renewed for a shorter season, I'm hoping the first thing they do is rescue him from space, no matter if they have to kill Enoch to do it. This finale was spectacular, even with the flaws you pointed. What a great way to wrap the season.

The only things I wish they showed, but probably didn't because of time are how does the future look now and, is Deke still around? Will be interesting things to pick up for the next season. Specially hope Deke's still around, 'cause he's a great character.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1546 on: May 19, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »
Yeah, what was up with that? They just completely ignored Deke for the second half of the episode.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1547 on: May 19, 2018, 02:51:28 PM »
Just got out of Deadpool, my sides are fucking sore. Gotta catch that one again.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1548 on: May 19, 2018, 06:06:07 PM »
Gotta catch Deadpool. Bought Black Panther today. Very fun movie, lots of beautiful cinematography and vibrant colors, good stuff.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1549 on: June 08, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »
Anyone else catch the first two Cloak and Dagger episodes? I thought they were quite good. I'm into it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1550 on: June 08, 2018, 11:50:54 AM »
I didn't realize it was out already.  Is it on Netflix?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1551 on: June 08, 2018, 11:51:42 AM »
I didn't realize it was out already.  Is it on Netflix?

Apparently it debuted this week. Dunno about Netflix, but Hulu should have it the Friday after it airs.

So I'm looking forward to seeing it later today. Heard good things.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1552 on: June 08, 2018, 11:53:59 AM »
Oh, so it's not a Netflix series like Daredevil, JJ, etc.?  That's more what I was asking.  It's on regular network tv?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #1553 on: June 08, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »
Oh, so it's not a Netflix series like Daredevil, JJ, etc.?  That's more what I was asking.  It's on regular network tv?

Nah, not a Netflix show. It's on Freeform (still not 100% sure what that even is).

I think at some point they might want to try to bring their shows together a bit more. This puts them on 3 different platforms at once, not counting the Fox Marvel shows.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1554 on: June 08, 2018, 12:49:07 PM »
I suppose it's more in the vain of 'The Runaways' in terms of style. Perhaps a bit lighter than the Netflix shows, but darker than say Agents of Shield.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1555 on: June 08, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »
Bit late but I finally caught up on Infinity War.

Damn.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1556 on: June 08, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »
Nah, not a Netflix show. It's on Freeform (still not 100% sure what that even is).

Freeform used to be The Family Channel, but I guess they're no longer strictly family-friendly, or something. :p

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1557 on: June 08, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »
That animated Spider-Man film, Into the Spiderverse, looks surprisingly cool. If Sony is going to do Spidey stuff outside of the MCU, this is the way to do it. I hope it ends up being a good film. Latest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Hbz2jLxvQ

I have zero hope for Venom though.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1558 on: June 08, 2018, 05:31:11 PM »
Watched the first 2 episodes of Cloak and Dagger and it's very good so far!
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1559 on: June 10, 2018, 12:13:02 AM »
Agreed.  I'm watching the 2 hour premier (On Demand) and it's A LOT better than I thought it would be.

The only official MCU story I haven't seen is Agent Carter (which I'm ordering on DVD this week) and The Inhumans (which I've heard is the only god awful thing that exists in the official MCU canon). 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1560 on: June 10, 2018, 01:01:26 PM »
The only official MCU story I haven't seen is Agent Carter (which I'm ordering on DVD this week) and The Inhumans (which I've heard is the only god awful thing that exists in the official MCU canon).

Haven’t seen Agent Carter, so can’t comment on that. Inhumans, though... not very good. I watched the whole season and it’s not as awful as people say it is, but it’s only worth checking out if you are one of those completists and want to see everything there is on the MCU, if not, just pass.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #1561 on: June 10, 2018, 05:42:12 PM »
I've seen Agent Carter season 1 (haven't gotten around to seeing season 2 yet, but iirc it's on Hulu so I should get on that), and it is good. Not quite the "DDS1/DDS2/JJS1" level of MCU TV quality, but it's about on par with Luke Cage, the Defenders, or the early seasons of Agents of Shield if you ask me. Definitely recommend you check out Agent Carter.

Online Adami

« Reply #1562 on: June 10, 2018, 05:52:59 PM »
Season 1 of Agent Carter is really great. Season 2 is a major let down.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1563 on: June 10, 2018, 11:46:02 PM »
Ad me to the ones being really impressed with the first two Cloak and Dagger episodes.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Adami

« Reply #1564 on: June 10, 2018, 11:48:17 PM »
Ad me to the ones being really impressed with the first two Cloak and Dagger episodes.

Yea, it really was. They changed a ton from the comics, but I think it's for the best. I really like how they handled it so far.

Then again, I loved the first two episodes of The Runaways before it went down hill (though it was never bad, just so different from the comics, and I was a HUGE fan of the comics, so it was hard to divorce it).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #1565 on: June 10, 2018, 11:50:34 PM »
I never read any of the Runaways comics, but I do remember reading Cloak and Dagger for a while. It's been a loooong while though. I think they handled it just right.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1566 on: June 11, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
Agent Carter is fantastic.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1567 on: June 11, 2018, 10:44:09 AM »
Season 1 of Agent Carter was passable. Season 2 was my least favorite MCU thing until Inhumans.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1568 on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:40 AM »
Nah, season 2 is great.

Online Adami

« Reply #1569 on: June 11, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »
Nah, season 2 is great.

Ehhhhh. It had good moments, but it felt like a major drop in quality. No where near Inhumans, but still.

To each his own.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #1570 on: June 12, 2018, 03:36:13 PM »
Infinity War has officially hit 2 billion dollars worldwide at the box office!

Online Dream Team

« Reply #1571 on: June 13, 2018, 04:53:36 PM »
Infinity War has officially hit 2 billion dollars worldwide at the box office!

Awesome. Keep ‘em coming Marvel.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1572 on: June 14, 2018, 01:04:35 AM »
Nice, I think it deserves it.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1573 on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:05 AM »
Finally!!!! Season 5 of Agents of SHIELD was released on Netflix a couple days ago, and I watched the 2-part premier last night.

Weird opening. I’m cautiously skeptical, but the wife’s not digging it. As this starts, I could see this being really cool...but it’s quite a left turn. I could see it going south really fast.

I’ve heard that the ending is pretty emotional so I’ve got high hopes.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #1574 on: June 19, 2018, 07:09:25 AM »
Hang in there. It's a great (and emotional) season.