Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 251072 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)
« Reply #3745 on: April 11, 2020, 10:22:48 PM »
I'm only halfway through, and I'm convinced that I'm Tony Stark without the money.....or the brains.....or the suit. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3746 on: April 11, 2020, 11:41:48 PM »
No particular insights.   I had fun.  But maybe it was the rum and cider.   

To tell you the truth, I'm just having fun going through it.   

Thor is next.   

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3747 on: April 12, 2020, 10:44:42 PM »
After watching two "Marvel One Shots" (The Consultant, and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer)...it's time for the next installment of the MCU in order.  THOR.

Kat Dennings is the hottest woman in the entire MCU.    Unless you're going to count the Netflix series....in which case it's Misty Knight.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3748 on: April 13, 2020, 07:49:38 AM »
After watching two "Marvel One Shots" (The Consultant, and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer)...it's time for the next installment of the MCU in order.  THOR.

Kat Dennings is the hottest woman in the entire MCU.    Unless you're going to count the Netflix series....in which case it's Misty Knight.

Dennings also gets the best one liners, and delivers them brilliantly. Great character.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3749 on: April 13, 2020, 12:44:46 PM »
I never saw Kat in anything before Thor, and I thought she was really cute.  But everything else I've seen her in, including promo pictures online, she's buried under a pound and a half of makeup.  Ugh.  Not my thing at all.  She obviously has two very big things going for her as well, but it's her face that first attracted me to her, and unfortunately, you can't really see it anywhere other than in the Thor movies.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3750 on: April 13, 2020, 12:49:56 PM »
I never saw Kat in anything before Thor, and I thought she was really cute.  But everything else I've seen her in, including promo pictures online, she's buried under a pound and a half of makeup.  Ugh.  Not my thing at all.  She obviously has two very big things going for her as well, but it's her face that first attracted me to her, and unfortunately, you can't really see it anywhere other than in the Thor movies.

She was in 40 year old virgin. And yea, I think her sitcom career kind of killed her, but she's.........yea, she's not a great actress but she can be fun.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3751 on: April 13, 2020, 01:45:35 PM »
I saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin, but don't specifically remember her.  Let me guess, she was the chick with huge boobs and a ton of makeup?

Online Adami

« Reply #3752 on: April 13, 2020, 01:46:36 PM »
I saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin, but don't specifically remember her.  Let me guess, she was the chick with huge boobs and a ton of makeup?

Yes.

She was the girlfriend's teenage daughter who wanted to bang her boyfriend. Steve Carrel took her to planned parenthood.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3753 on: April 14, 2020, 09:13:15 AM »
She also did the "2 Broke Girls" show that was, in my opinion, pretty awful.

I remember years ago there was some scandal because some...interesting images of her were circulating around  :o
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3754 on: April 14, 2020, 09:39:52 AM »
Yeah, I checked out "2 Broke Girls" because of her.  I might have lasted ten minutes.  It was bad.  But I'm not a sitcom kinda guy anyway.  Mostly I just remember that she had a shitload of makeup on, and that's a huge turnoff for me.

Online Adami

« Reply #3755 on: April 14, 2020, 09:41:55 AM »
Yeah, I checked out "2 Broke Girls" because of her.  I might have lasted ten minutes.  It was bad.  But I'm not a sitcom kinda guy anyway.  Mostly I just remember that she had a shitload of makeup on, and that's a huge turnoff for me.

I do like sitcoms, and it was really really really bad.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3756 on: April 14, 2020, 10:18:37 AM »
:lol

That's too bad.  I thought both the girls were cute, but even that wasn't enough to keep me watching.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3757 on: April 14, 2020, 10:56:06 AM »
Meh...it was a modern day Laverne and Shirley.  It was bland, but inoffensive. 

I saw an article that her character is going to be a regular on WandaVision, so I'm looking forward to that.

Also, I rewatched The Avengers last night, and I transported back to when I saw that movie day 1 in the theater.  What a game changer that was.  I'll never understand how Fiege let Whedon get away after that film.  I don't think anyone writes ensemble casts as well as he does.   Most writers are forced to settle on 2 or 3 main characters and leave the rest for support.   But Joss' experience writing for Firefly proved that he had the ability to write for 9 full fledged characters and make them work as a cohesive unit without any of them getting lost in the shuffle.   This talent becomes vital when you're working with a story concept like The Avengers.   Joss absolutely hit it out of the park. 

Online Adami

« Reply #3758 on: April 14, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »
Meh...it was a modern day Laverne and Shirley.  It was bland, but inoffensive. 

I saw an article that her character is going to be a regular on WandaVision, so I'm looking forward to that.

Also, I rewatched The Avengers last night, and I transported back to when I saw that movie day 1 in the theater.  What a game changer that was.  I'll never understand how Fiege let Whedon get away after that film.  I don't think anyone writes ensemble casts as well as he does.   Most writers are forced to settle on 2 or 3 main characters and leave the rest for support.   But Joss' experience writing for Firefly proved that he had the ability to write for 9 full fledged characters and make them work as a cohesive unit without any of them getting lost in the shuffle.   This talent becomes vital when you're working with a story concept like The Avengers.   Joss absolutely hit it out of the park.

Yup. Joss 100% crushed that movie.

I'd wager that the Russo's and Marcus and McFeely handle ensembles amazing well also. Differently, but very very well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #3759 on: April 14, 2020, 02:21:11 PM »
So Sam Raimi is apparently directing Dr. Strange 2.

People are going to be pressuring the hell out of him to find a way to get Toby McGuire's Spider-Man in there somehow. Doubtful.

Honestly, with a name like The Multiverse of Madness, I am hoping for complete insanity and going all out. I doubt they will, I feel like they're going to play it really safe, which would be a shame.

If the Flash show can get Ezra Miller to show up and get back people from show's 10+ years ago, then Marvel should step up and go nuts.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3760 on: April 14, 2020, 02:27:18 PM »

People are going to be pressuring the hell out of him to find a way to get Toby McGuire's Spider-Man in there somehow. Doubtful.

Honestly, with a name like The Multiverse of Madness, I am hoping for complete insanity and going all out. I doubt they will, I feel like they're going to play it really safe, which would be a shame.

If the Flash show can get Ezra Miller to show up and get back people from show's 10+ years ago, then Marvel should step up and go nuts.

Agreed, full on crazy all the way should be the way to go. Like getting both Cap Evans and Torch Evans.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3761 on: April 14, 2020, 03:37:37 PM »
Given how clever the MCU is, and the massive opportunity they have with this movie, I wouldn’t be surprise for some quick cameos. But I think it will be more in the lines of Thanos still alive, maybe even stark shows up for 3 seconds in the background.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

« Reply #3762 on: April 14, 2020, 03:38:53 PM »
Given how clever the MCU is, and the massive opportunity they have with this movie, I wouldn’t be surprise for some quick cameos. But I think it will be more in the lines of Thanos still alive, maybe even stark shows up for 3 seconds in the background.

I think, while from a story perspective that would be cool, logistics would rule those out. Downy charges SO damn much that I doubt they'd pay it for a 3 second cameo, and the cost of rendering Thanos would be insane too.

I expect them to play it very very safe, but would love it if they went nuts with what they could.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3763 on: April 15, 2020, 06:49:30 AM »
Decided to do a straight run of Agents of Shield, with the concurrent movie breaks. I really love how they worked Winter Soldier into the show. On to season two now.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3764 on: April 15, 2020, 09:35:08 AM »
Good timing, since they just announced the start date for S7 - May 27th.

Seems I might have to watch Agent Carter now.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

« Reply #3765 on: April 15, 2020, 09:40:37 AM »
Good timing, since they just announced the start date for S7 - May 27th.

Seems I might have to watch Agent Carter now.

Apparently there will be some level of cross over for S7. Doesn't sound like a big one, but something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3766 on: April 15, 2020, 10:04:25 AM »
May 27th? I should be done by then, and be able to squeeze Carter in as well.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3767 on: April 15, 2020, 10:14:50 AM »
I want to start Agents of SHIELD but I'm so intimidated by the number of episodes per season esp since they are each like 45 mins. I only ever saw the pilot which was ok, but know the show had drastically changed since and is a lot more intertwined with the MCU than before.

Maybe one day, I still have all the Netflix marvel followup seasons to catch up. In the middle of Iron Fist.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Adami

« Reply #3768 on: April 15, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »
and be able to squeeze Carter

Teehee
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3769 on: April 15, 2020, 10:46:15 AM »
I have IM3 next on my docket, but then I was going to watch the first 7 or 8 episodes (I don't have the timeline in front of me, but it's something like that) of AoS before moving on to Dark World.

Online Adami

« Reply #3770 on: April 15, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
I have IM3 next on my docket, but then I was going to watch the first 7 or 8 episodes (I don't have the timeline in front of me, but it's something like that) of AoS before moving on to Dark World.

Oh that's a rough batch. Good luck.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3771 on: April 15, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »
I want to start Agents of SHIELD but I'm so intimidated by the number of episodes per season esp since they are each like 45 mins. I only ever saw the pilot which was ok, but know the show had drastically changed since and is a lot more intertwined with the MCU than before.

They started off trying to keep things intertwined with the MCU, with some nice tie-ins to The Winter Soldier, references to the battle of New York, and so on, but they eventually had to abandon that strategy.  The movie release schedules changed a few times, which meant Agents of SHIELD episodes didn't tie in properly and were actually spoilers.  Plus it was pretty clear that the MCU didn't feel any obligation to keep the TV show up on changes and developments, while the TV show was trying its best to keep some kind of synchronicity (and failing, through no fault of their own).

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3772 on: April 15, 2020, 11:50:32 AM »

I do remember the first time I saw AoS and I LOLed when they sealed a breach in the side of a plane with a rubber raft.   

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3773 on: April 15, 2020, 12:14:08 PM »

I do remember the first time I saw AoS and I LOLed when they sealed a breach in the side of a plane with a rubber raft.

What?  You mean that's not feasible?  Next you'll tell me that the 'barrel of monkeys' trick Tony (virtual Tony) used in order to save the Air Force 1 crew from a 20,000+ foot free fall with about 250 feet to spare isn't totally legit!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3774 on: April 16, 2020, 02:07:45 PM »

The Crisis cameos went back a lot more than 10 years. It included Burt Ward as Robin! It was a ton of fun and I'd love for Marvel to do something similar.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3775 on: April 16, 2020, 02:18:06 PM »
Eric Bana as Bruce Banner?  lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3776 on: April 16, 2020, 02:20:16 PM »

Maybe one day, I still have all the Netflix marvel followup seasons to catch up. In the middle of Iron Fist.

Do it!  Agents of SHIELD is so much better than any of the Netflix shows (outside of Daredevil).  The first season meanders a bit.  But once it gets on track, it REALLY starts popping.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #3777 on: April 16, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »

The Crisis cameos went back a lot more than 10 years. It included Burt Ward as Robin! It was a ton of fun and I'd love for Marvel to do something similar.

I said 10 plus!

But you're totally right, which just furthers how awesome it all was.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3778 on: April 16, 2020, 09:30:30 PM »
Ok...I'm sitting down for Iron Man 3 before heading into Agents of SHIELD.   

I do remember that I like IM3 more than most.  I think it mostly has to do with whether you like the "fake" with the Mandarin or not.  Personally, just because I know that 1) The Mandarin DOES exist, 2) takes revenge for someone else using his name, and 3) will be making his major debut in the Ten Rings movie coming soon...that makes it all cool on my end.   Plus, I just loved Kingsley's performance.  To be able to go from really intimidating and mysterious, and then turn it around to be a Ringo Starr level of comic relief.   I mean really, to go from one to the other in one performance just speaks volumes to the talent of that guy.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3779 on: April 16, 2020, 11:18:31 PM »
Totally agree.  Ben Kingsley is awesome, and Iron Man III was a ton of fun, although I thought Killian the bad guy was kinda lame, to be honest.  Yeah, he's super powerful and demented and all the things a bad guy should be, but maybe that was the problem.  He was such a cliché.  Trevor, the fake Mandarin (I think Stark actually calls him "Ringo" at one point) was a riot.  Even super-Pepper was pretty cool.  I kinda have a thing for Gwyneth though, and she was hot in this (no pun intended).

And it was interesting seeing Tony Stark mostly being just Tony Stark, not Iron Man.