Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 251384 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)
« Reply #3220 on: July 17, 2019, 10:53:05 AM »
One more note on FFH, somewhat-related to what we were just talking about.

I have seen some comments critical of the fact that Mysterio and his crew were disgruntled Stark minions.  I actually thought that was quite fitting for this specific film.  This film feels like it is trying to deal with and bring closure to the aftermath of both Stark and Thanos, and in a world dealing with NOT having Stark, I think it was actually quite fitting that his fingerprints were all over everything that happened.  It just felt right for the final film of this phase.

100% agree with that, bosk.

I don't have Marvel fatigue yet but that's because I pick and choose which films to see in theaters and also I only invest hype in certain characters, and some of those characters are no longer around (Chris Evans Cap, Tony Stark Iron Man, and I name them that way because the heroes they embody won't be gone forever, but their portrayals are probably done for good, and I loved them). Spidey, Thor, and the Guardians are basically the last three I really care about on a deep level. I also don't watch the TV shows so perhaps my tolerance is still high.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3221 on: July 17, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »
I don't think we need tiny font anymore - the movie has been out for 2 weeks already.  I do see validity in all your points Bosk, even if I don't agree with them all.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3222 on: July 17, 2019, 11:00:30 AM »
I don't think we need tiny font anymore - the movie has been out for 2 weeks already.  I do see validity in all your points Bosk, even if I don't agree with them all.

Suck it, Canuck!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3223 on: July 17, 2019, 11:02:57 AM »

Suck it, Canuck!

Well, if it's that small ...
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3224 on: July 17, 2019, 11:03:09 AM »
:rollin
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3225 on: July 17, 2019, 11:57:35 AM »
We should keep the tiny font until after Monday. I'm seeing it Monday evening :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3226 on: July 17, 2019, 11:58:28 AM »
Ant-Man
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3227 on: July 17, 2019, 01:11:39 PM »
Ant-Man

I took a risk... and read this.

I love you :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3228 on: July 20, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
It's official:

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3229 on: July 20, 2019, 07:12:13 PM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3230 on: July 20, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »
Heck yes!! Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, what an epic title. Glad the Eternals rumors were true. I'm also interested in Schang-Chi. I don't have any interest in the TV series unfortunately but they sound more interesting than the current ones.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3231 on: July 20, 2019, 07:31:07 PM »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3232 on: July 20, 2019, 07:38:06 PM »
Amazing.  Also interesting how close a lot of the rumors were.  Not all, but some.  There was nothing official until now, right?

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3233 on: July 20, 2019, 07:39:57 PM »
Amazing.  Also interesting how close a lot of the rumors were.  Not all, but some.  There was nothing official until now, right?

Right

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3234 on: July 20, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »
TASKMASTER IS THE VILLAIN OF BLACK WIDOW

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3235 on: July 20, 2019, 07:47:59 PM »

FANTASTIC 4 HAS BEEN ALSO CONFIRMED!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/sdcc-2019-all-of-the-marvel-studios-news-coming-out-of-hall-h-at-san-diego-comic-con

Marvel Studios confirmed the Fantastic Four are coming to the MCU! Films like Black Panther 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and Captain Marvel 2 were also confirmed. #SDCC2019 http://bit.ly/30R9xNT
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:06:06 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3236 on: July 20, 2019, 08:46:19 PM »
Apparently the thor movie will have Natalie Portman as a female thor? :facepalm:
Other than that, it seems like a very solid list of films, and they seem to be taking things slowly, with only 2 films coming up next year. Btw, I'm really curious and excited about the Dr. Strange sequel with Scarlet Witch and the Blade movie :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3237 on: July 20, 2019, 08:57:45 PM »
Fantastic Four!! Holy crap!!  :hefdaddy

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3238 on: July 20, 2019, 09:05:00 PM »
Fantastic Four!! Holy crap!!  :hefdaddy

:hefdaddy

And Kevin Faige last word before closing the event:

"No time left to talk about mutants,"

HOLY MOTHER...

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3239 on: July 20, 2019, 09:14:11 PM »
I have no doubt all these movies will be good, but I’m having a hard time getting excited for any of them except Dr. Strange. Blade was a surprised for me!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3240 on: July 20, 2019, 09:15:52 PM »
Wow!

Obviously knew about Eternals, Black Widow and assumed most of those sequels, but Blade? F4? Crazy.

Also those titles? Multiverse of Madness? Love and Thunder? Interesting.

And also, YES to female Thor. Obviously people are gonna be annoyed that a girl will be doing it, but come on....Natalie Portman is not going to sign a 10 movie deal, so it's not going to be a super long reign. You'll get your big burly men, don't worry.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about the cast of Eternals. Angelina Jolie? Salma Hayek? Kumail Nanjiani? I like them all, but they seem a bit out of place in a Marvel film. Jolie and Hayek feel like most of those A listers who phone their performances in for a pay check, and Kumail.....huge fan.....but I dunno.

Hope I'm wrong.

But overall? Super pumped!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3241 on: July 21, 2019, 06:41:56 AM »
Blade! Fantastic Four! Mutants (i.e. X-Men)!

Not too concerned about casting for Eternals. Marvel have done a pretty consistently great job with casting the movies.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3242 on: July 21, 2019, 08:07:46 AM »
The casting for Eternals does make me raise an eyebrow... but yeah, it's Marvel, I'm sure they know what they're doing. Honestly I'm really curious to see Angelina and Kumail in the films. Kumail hasn't done anything like this as far as I know.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3243 on: July 21, 2019, 02:02:29 PM »
ENDGAME it’s officially the highest grossing film ever

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3244 on: July 21, 2019, 08:41:28 PM »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #3245 on: July 22, 2019, 01:59:13 AM »
ENDGAME it’s officially the highest grossing film ever

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/

Spidey : Far From Home is also officially the highest grossing Spidey film - and is on course to pass the billion dollar barrier next week (the 9th MCU film to do it).

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3246 on: July 22, 2019, 11:28:47 AM »
Shock to me that Renner is not in the Black Widow film. He must be in it if they do another, the way they’ve been teasing the Budapest thing for so long.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3247 on: July 22, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »
Shock to me that Renner is not in the Black Widow film. He must be in it if they do another, the way they’ve been teasing the Budapest thing for so long.

Maybe a cameo or something? They do a pretty good job of keeping things like that fairly secret, I mean a good example is the mid credits of Far From Home. :P

Online faizoff

« Reply #3248 on: July 22, 2019, 06:54:15 PM »
I think with Hawkeye having his own show on Disney+ they might not have a need for him in the Black Widow movie. Maybe the show will talk more about his relationship with Natasha.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3249 on: July 22, 2019, 07:30:42 PM »

Maybe a cameo or something? They do a pretty good job of keeping things like that fairly secret, I mean a good example is the mid credits of Far From Home. :P

I would expect this to be the case. I just don't think they're making another Black Widow movie after this one, so this one might be the only one they have to finally explain the Budapest thing... unless they totally want to keep that a mystery :P

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3250 on: July 22, 2019, 08:55:26 PM »
I would expect this to be the case. I just don't think they're making another Black Widow movie after this one, so this one might be the only one they have to finally explain the Budapest thing... unless they totally want to keep that a mystery :P

You know what? I always expected them to explain what happened in Budapest but now...I kind of want them to keep it a mystery lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3251 on: July 23, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »

You know what? I always expected them to explain what happened in Budapest but now...I kind of want them to keep it a mystery lol

Barton was sent to assassinate her, but they formed a friendship and bond instead which is why the Endgame scene on Vormir is powerful. Sounds like a relationship worthy of exploring.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3252 on: July 23, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »
Barton was sent to assassinate her, but they formed a friendship and bond instead

Is this MCU canon, Marvel comics canon, both (, neither)?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3253 on: July 23, 2019, 02:00:14 PM »
Barton was sent to assassinate her, but they formed a friendship and bond instead

Is this MCU canon, Marvel comics canon, both (, neither)?

MCU canon referenced in Avengers. Stated by Natasha.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3254 on: July 23, 2019, 02:02:55 PM »
Controversial opinion:  I'm not really excited about any of the upcoming titles, other than Dr. Strange.  The closest behind that is Shang Chi, just because of the Ten Rings/Mandarin thread that has been hanging around the MCU since Iron Man.  A couple of the shows look good though.