Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 251366 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #2660 on: April 23, 2019, 05:10:08 AM »
First reactions from the premiere are pretty ridiculously positive!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2661 on: April 23, 2019, 05:31:20 AM »
I just watched Ragnarok myself last night.  I totally see your points Adami, and once again, can't disagree with them too much.  My likes that you didn't mention - the opening battle for Surtur.

My additional beefs - I think the Fenris/Hulk fight could've had a bit more 'oomph' to it.  I wish the loss of Thor's eye had been more meaningful (and NOT CG) given it's significance in the comics.  I wish there had been the Warbound instead of just Korg and Meek - and the latter being nothing by caricatures to deliver a punchline.

Still, very good movie that was a great segue into IW.

Also, why do they NEVER refer to it as Mjolnir?  I think it may have been called by name in Thor, but every other movie refers to it as 'hammer'.  IT HAS A FUCKING NAME!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2662 on: April 23, 2019, 06:32:29 AM »
Because most people wouldn't remember the name, many who do would still pronounce it wrong, and fewer still could spell it correctly.  In the comics you see the word written over and over, so it sinks in.  In the movies, every time they said it, most people would say "What? What is it called again?" and miss a few minutes of dialogue.  Every time.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2663 on: April 23, 2019, 08:01:36 AM »
I still think Thor: Ragnarok is one of the best MCU films. While there are moments I tune out, overall, it's an incredibly fun flick with some genuine, organic humor. Love the buddy comedy aspect of it, Hulk is easily cooler and better in every way than in any prior film, and Jeff Goldblum is captivating.

Black Panther I enjoyed on the first watch but it tanked on the second. Really don't like that film, it's not bad, it's just so freaking blah.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2664 on: April 23, 2019, 04:33:16 PM »
First reactions from the premiere are pretty ridiculously positive!

Yea. Premier was last night. So tons of people I follow on youtube/twitter are giving initial reactions and they are 100% glowing.

I just watched a non-spoiler review of two people that I thought, if ANYONE can deflate the hype, it's these two. And they said that they actually cried during the movie and can't imagine how they pulled off such a great movie.

So I'm pumped.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2665 on: April 23, 2019, 04:51:46 PM »
Same.  I just read a lot of comments and I can't wait.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2666 on: April 23, 2019, 05:32:07 PM »
Just got back from Endgame. I can't believe Qui-Gon Jinn dies!

Online Adami

« Reply #2667 on: April 23, 2019, 05:35:19 PM »
Just got back from Endgame. I can't believe Qui-Gon Jinn dies!

DUDE! SPOILERS!

I didn't even know Qui Gon Jinn survived Infinity War!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #2668 on: April 23, 2019, 05:37:16 PM »
I also heard a funny comment that Star Wars episode IX should have been called Endgame, and the final episode to GoT should be called Endgame.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2669 on: April 23, 2019, 06:02:35 PM »
There's a terrible Taylor Swift song called Endgame. It's even worse than Bad Blood off her previous album.

Online Adami

« Reply #2670 on: April 23, 2019, 06:45:09 PM »
So a lot of people who saw the movie are saying that the trailers spoil absolutely nothing what so ever about the film, so that's a relief.

They also confirmed that Ant-Man shrinks down, goes up Thanos' butt and enlarges to win the day.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2671 on: April 23, 2019, 06:56:50 PM »
I saw something that could be a spoiler on the official Avengers Instagram account (it was a post, not a comment, I'm avoiding comment sections like the plague). I won't post it here, but it looks like I'm gonna have to start avoiding all kinds of social media untill I get to see it this friday :o
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2673 on: April 24, 2019, 12:23:16 AM »
Seeing the people who attended the premiere was interesting if it reveals anything about appearances in the movie, although of course there's a perfectly good chance it doesn't at all. I won't post details in case that counts as potential spoilers.

I be am boner inducing.

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2674 on: April 24, 2019, 01:18:15 AM »
96% on Rottentomatoes this morning.   I avoided reading any of the reviews though, tickets booked for Sunday midday, so I'll be watching Endgame and Battle of Winterfell within hours of each other - I think I'll be an emotional wreck by Monday.,..

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #2675 on: April 24, 2019, 02:53:36 AM »
Sitting in the theatre now. Endgame in ten minutes. I dont know if I'm ready  :P

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #2676 on: April 24, 2019, 03:05:16 AM »
Saturday for me! Cant wait! :corn

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #2677 on: April 24, 2019, 04:49:55 AM »
Finally watched it. I cried.

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #2678 on: April 24, 2019, 07:45:29 AM »
Fantastic. Absolutely perfect.

Online Adami

« Reply #2679 on: April 24, 2019, 07:49:13 AM »
Just a quick idea, can we all agree to hold off on spoilers or keep it to small font til maybe Monday? I'm seeing it Friday, but I know it's not easy for everyone to see immediately. Just an idea.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2680 on: April 24, 2019, 08:01:02 AM »
Let's say:  No spoilers in this thread for two weeks after official release this Friday.

NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD until May 10th.  I will start a separate Endgame thread for spoilery discussion and will just merge them on the 10th.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Avengers: Endgame -- PUT ALL SPOILERS HERE ONLY
« Reply #2681 on: April 24, 2019, 08:02:48 AM »
LET'S KEEP THE MARVEL THREAD SPOILER FREE UNTIL MAY 10TH.  POST ALL SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD ONLY.

Because some people cannot see it right away and don't want to be spoiled, let's keep the other thread spoiler free until 2 weeks from release date.  I will then merge the threads.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

Re: Avengers: Endgame -- PUT ALL SPOILERS HERE ONLY
« Reply #2682 on: April 24, 2019, 08:03:55 AM »
LET'S KEEP THE MARVEL THREAD SPOILER FREE UNTIL MAY 10TH.  POST ALL SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD ONLY.

Because some people cannot see it right away and don't want to be spoiled, let's keep the other thread spoiler free until 2 weeks from release date.  I will then merge the threads.

I love you.

/spoilers.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2683 on: April 24, 2019, 08:41:54 AM »
Thanks bosk :) I'll be seeing it Friday night.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2684 on: April 24, 2019, 08:53:15 AM »
Let's say:  No spoilers in this thread for two weeks after official release this Friday.

NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD until May 10th.  I will start a separate Endgame thread for spoilery discussion and will just merge them on the 10th.

That's a good call.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2685 on: April 24, 2019, 09:29:23 AM »

GOOD CALL!!!

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #2686 on: April 24, 2019, 09:42:46 AM »
Best MCU-moment ever:
"Avengers!" *music stops*...."Assemble"

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Good thinking bosk, I've also updated this thread's title to make the distinction as clear as possible.

I be am boner inducing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
May wanna change this threads title then.. Just saying...

96% on Rottentomatoes this morning.   I avoided reading any of the reviews though, tickets booked for Sunday midday, so I'll be watching Endgame and Battle of Winterfell within hours of each other - I think I'll be an emotional wreck by Monday.,..

You some type of masochist or something?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
May wanna change this threads title then.. Just saying...
Good thinking bosk, I've also updated this thread's title to make the distinction as clear as possible.
Er...

I be am boner inducing.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2690 on: April 24, 2019, 10:50:34 AM »

Thank you.  I am not seeing it until April 30th, so it's good to know I will have a safe space.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Everyone hide in the crypts of the Avengers' tower! It's safe there! Wait...

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

Thank you.  I am not seeing it until April 30th, so it's good to know I will have a safe space.
All the best people are seeing it on April 30th.

Also me.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ErHaO

Spoiler free, offcourse:

Saw it today, what a blast! The film takes many unexpected turns. Even if you have some indication to where the plot is going beforehand, the film will catch you offguard several times. And it does some ballsy things. I love Infinity War and this one is even better.

Avoid spoilers at all costs and it definitely pays off if you have seen all the preceding films. Every film serves a part in the journey's of these characters and this one uses that baggage brilliantly. So many trilogies, hell, so many single films fail to provide a satisfying ending. And this one manages to do it fantastically for more than a dozen of films and a whole bunch of characters. Hell, one of the worst MCU films is redeemed in my view, it became a whole lot more relevant than I ever expected.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

All the best people are seeing it on April 30th.

Also me.
o/