Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 252255 times)

Offline countoftuscany42

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #2170 on: February 01, 2019, 12:59:34 PM »
What was the source for that quote? Just curious who’s saying new footage is confirmed. It wouldn’t surprise me to capitalize on the super bowl, but considering the “confirmations” of when the first trailer would drop, I am hesitant to believe anything about Endgame  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2171 on: February 01, 2019, 01:11:36 PM »
Article was here:  https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/new-avengers-endgame-trailer-confirmed-superbowl-liii/  They don't cite a primary source.  But despite that they are kind of a click-bait-y site, I have not seen them ever print anything factual that was wrong.  And they aren't the only site running that story either.  If you Google "avengers end game super bowl," it's all over the place.  So I don't doubt that somebody from the studio made the reveal.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2172 on: February 01, 2019, 01:33:35 PM »
I remember hearing that the Endgame trailers (mostly) will only contain footage from the first 15 min.

I really hope so.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2173 on: February 03, 2019, 05:45:46 PM »
Quick trailer for End game and Captain Marvel weren’t bad.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Adami

« Reply #2174 on: February 03, 2019, 05:47:44 PM »
Not watching any other trailers/TV spots for Captain Marvel. 2 is my limit for anything Marvel.

I'm not sure where I stand on Endgame. First trailer was great. This little spot was also great. Tempted to call it quits, but may give the actual 2nd trailer a watch, but nothing beyond a 2nd trailer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2175 on: February 03, 2019, 06:11:18 PM »
I saw the quick Captain Marvel thing.   Did I miss the newer Endgame trailer?   I missed the first 5 minutes of the game, and I have looked away really quick a couple of times.  But I've been watching most of the stuff.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2176 on: February 03, 2019, 06:25:30 PM »
I saw the quick Captain Marvel thing.   Did I miss the newer Endgame trailer?   I missed the first 5 minutes of the game, and I have looked away really quick a couple of times.  But I've been watching most of the stuff.

Yeah end game trailer played before captain marvel, most likely first five minutes.

Here is a link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Lcgbr78WA

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2177 on: February 04, 2019, 04:23:57 AM »

It was played right after the pre-game show, before the opening kick. Kinda lackluster.  The only interesting thing was seeing Cap get his shield back.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2178 on: February 04, 2019, 10:18:38 AM »
A theory on Captain Marvel and Endgame tie-in:  In the Infinity War end-credits scene, Fury of course uses a "pager" that teases Captain Marvel.  Or...so we assume.  After all, Fury and Captain Marvel are going to meet up in the '90s, a time when pagers were actually a thing.  So we, the audience, are led to assume that the device that looked a lot like a pager actually is a pager.  I don't think it is.

The MCU version of Captain Marvel can time travel, as we've been told.  I'm guessing that one of the reasons she presumably "disappears" from the time Captain Marvel ends in the 1990s up until some time in Endgame in the present time is that, at the end of Captain Marvel, she time travels to the present day.  I.e., she disappears in 1990-something to reappear in 2019-ish.  And the pager isn't a pager--it's some sort of homing beacon that allows her time-traveling ability to zero in on the time and place to reappear.  Fury, having known her in 1990-something set this plan in motion with her back then, and knew there would be a time and place in the future for him to activate it so that she would appear there and then, which he does at the end of Infinity War.

This would nicely explain her disappearance during the intervening years, and would explain why Fury was using such an outdated piece of tech to presumably "call" her in the present day.  Obviously, this is just speculation.  But I don't see any major holes to poke through it right just now.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2179 on: February 04, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »
That's actually kind of a cool idea.

I will say that anything time-travel related in Endgame scares me. It's rarely done well in movies without leaving massive plot holes.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2180 on: February 04, 2019, 10:30:52 AM »
It's rarely done well in movies without leaving massive plot holes.

I've only enjoyed (2) programs that have delved in time travel. Continuum and Travelers, both dealt with and handled the story telling as good as you possibly could concerning time travel. Near all other movies/TV Series end up really going off the rails when introducing it. The MARVEL team certainly is creative and probably has some brilliant minds at work....but time travel being in your story is a risky endeavor.

***(Back to the Future(s) excluded as those were more comedies and not 'serious' Time Travel Movies) 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2181 on: February 04, 2019, 10:32:23 AM »

I will say that anything time-travel related in Endgame scares me. It's rarely done well in movies without leaving massive plot holes.
Yeah.  But in AOS, season 5, for example, I thought it was done really well.  I know that for all intents and purposes, they are completely unrelated entities.  But still, it can be done well.  And minor details aside, the folks behind the MCU have done a great job of telling a huge, cohesive story that works really well, for quite some time now.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2182 on: February 04, 2019, 10:42:38 AM »
I've only enjoyed (2) programs that have delved in time travel. Continuum and Travelers, both dealt with and handled the story telling as good as you possibly could concerning time travel. Near all other movies/TV Series end up really going off the rails when introducing it. The MARVEL team certainly is creative and probably has some brilliant minds at work....but time travel being in your story is a risky endeavor.

Fringe is a show that I think handled time-travel very well. As much hate as this show got, I think it was well written.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2183 on: February 04, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »

Yeah.  But in AOS, season 5, for example, I thought it was done really well.  I know that for all intents and purposes, they are completely unrelated entities.  But still, it can be done well.  And minor details aside, the folks behind the MCU have done a great job of telling a huge, cohesive story that works really well, for quite some time now.

As much as I love AOS, their time travel thing does have a big plot hole: Fitz.

We know everybody except Fitz traveled in time using that monolith thing, so he had to go the old fashioned way by freezing himself up and wait 90ish years to awake again and rescue the rest of the guys. Well, since the version of Leo that came back with them to the present died, they're now going to get the original version who's frozen somewhere in outer space. How does waking him up before he gets to the future doesn't undo all the things they did with him after he got there?  If they wake him, it means he never got there to save them. How are they going to explain that? ???
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2184 on: February 04, 2019, 11:11:06 AM »
It's explained by assuming that time is not linear, and that there are multiple timelines.  The version of the "past" that everyone sans-Fitz experienced in the future, is different than the version of the current timeline that has Fitz in floating in space.

My brain hurts just trying to read that statement, let alone explain it.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2185 on: February 04, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »
It's explained by assuming that time is not linear, and that there are multiple timelines.  The version of the "past" that everyone sans-Fitz experienced in the future, is different than the version of the current timeline that has Fitz in floating in space.

My brain hurts just trying to read that statement, let alone explain it.   :lol

This is why shows/movies shouldn't mess too much with time travel plots :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2186 on: February 04, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »

Fringe is a show that I think handled time-travel very well. As much hate as this show got, I think it was well written.

Oh yeah....FRINGE also. Forgot that one. They did do a good job with it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2187 on: February 04, 2019, 01:52:43 PM »
I loved Fringe... wish it was on Netflix to re-watch, since I was only a part-time watcher for the first 2 seasons.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2188 on: February 04, 2019, 02:09:54 PM »
I loved Fringe... wish it was on Netflix to re-watch, since I was only a part-time watcher for the first 2 seasons.

Yeah. It's high time for a re-watch of that Series.         Anna Torv  :zydar:

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2189 on: February 04, 2019, 02:10:31 PM »
I loved it too. The timeline resets were kind of confusing at times, but overall it was a good show.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2190 on: February 04, 2019, 03:18:39 PM »

As much as I love AOS, their time travel thing does have a big plot hole: Fitz.

We know everybody except Fitz traveled in time using that monolith thing, so he had to go the old fashioned way by freezing himself up and wait 90ish years to awake again and rescue the rest of the guys. Well, since the version of Leo that came back with them to the present died, they're now going to get the original version who's frozen somewhere in outer space. How does waking him up before he gets to the future doesn't undo all the things they did with him after he got there?  If they wake him, it means he never got there to save them. How are they going to explain that? ???

Yeah, as Jingle explained, that's part of the paradox involved in doing time travel.  It isn't a plot hole.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2191 on: February 04, 2019, 06:05:10 PM »
So a lot of people are pointing out that a big part of the new TV spot for Endgame is Cap getting his shield back....but....and hear me out...what if that's not Steve Rogers?

There's like some hesitation right before he straps it on. What if it's someone else having to take the shield?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2192 on: February 04, 2019, 07:05:09 PM »
So a lot of people are pointing out that a big part of the new TV spot for Endgame is Cap getting his shield back....but....and hear me out...what if that's not Steve Rogers?

There's like some hesitation right before he straps it on. What if it's someone else having to take the shield?

I bet it's Rocket Raccoon.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2193 on: February 04, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »
Not buyin it. Looks like the same uni that we saw him with in the original trailer talking about how he knows "this is gonna work".

Now, where is Thor in his cape with Stormbreaker?

Offline Adami

« Reply #2194 on: February 04, 2019, 08:30:15 PM »
Wakanda. Most likely.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #2195 on: February 05, 2019, 01:02:21 AM »

Steve hasn't used he's shield since the events of Civil War, which in the MCU timeline is many years. Add that to everything that has happened, and I'm sure he's feeling a bit hesitant.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2196 on: February 05, 2019, 01:12:43 PM »

Steve hasn't used he's shield since the events of Civil War, which in the MCU timeline is many years. Add that to everything that has happened, and I'm sure he's feeling a bit hesitant.

Maybe it's Hawkeye?  Maybe it's Loki?   Maybe it's Tony without the suit?  That's a good catch Adami... I'd bet it's not Steve.  Would be cool if it was Tony without the suit (Potts is in the suit maybe) trying to rebuild that bridge before the multiple time-threads erase memory.

I always thought the SK handled time travel very well in the DT series... kind of handled it without mentioning time travel really.  Keystone Earth and Keystone Mid-world (which are mirrors of the same object moving in different times), then all of the other multiple worlds with multiple versions of Keystone Earth and Midworld characters (except for Roland of course) spinning off of the Tower.  More Quantum theory (multiple states of the same object at the same time) than time travel I guess .
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2197 on: February 05, 2019, 01:37:27 PM »
I’ve heard that, in the comics, Bucky becomes CA at some point.

I don’t read the comics, but that would be interesting, if true.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Adami

« Reply #2198 on: February 05, 2019, 01:57:39 PM »
I’ve heard that, in the comics, Bucky becomes CA at some point.

I don’t read the comics, but that would be interesting, if true.

Indeed he does. So does Falcon.

Honestly, it's probably Steve, but it felt like a cool random thought to throw out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2199 on: February 05, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I just recently read the graphic novel of Infinity Gauntlet and I'm a bit pissed at the way the movies have treated Thanos. In the comic, he treats the whole wiping out half of all existence as a side thing and is fully cognizant of the fact that he has the power of a God. In the movies, it seems like that's totally inconsequential to him and all he wanted to do was wipe out half of existence and that's all. It's like when you get this extremely rare collectible and all you do is keep it in its box. Maybe the sequel will show him using his powers some, but I doubt it

Offline Adami

« Reply #2200 on: February 05, 2019, 03:40:48 PM »
I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I just recently read the graphic novel of Infinity Gauntlet and I'm a bit pissed at the way the movies have treated Thanos. In the comic, he treats the whole wiping out half of all existence as a side thing and is fully cognizant of the fact that he has the power of a God. In the movies, it seems like that's totally inconsequential to him and all he wanted to do was wipe out half of existence and that's all. It's like when you get this extremely rare collectible and all you do is keep it in its box. Maybe the sequel will show him using his powers some, but I doubt it

They're different. In the comics he really is a megalomaniac who wants to win the hand of Death and is basically pure evil for the most part. In the movie he had a very specific goal, one that he thought was for the greater good. He had no desire to be a god, just to accomplish that specific task. He makes it pretty clear.

It's a different Thanos, so I understand if that's upsetting. Fortunately this is a case I'm fine with. The comics version of Thanos works great in the comics, but would not have worked well on screen, just not nearly as interesting in that format.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2201 on: February 05, 2019, 08:33:40 PM »
I often felt that comic Thanos was being manipulated by Death to give her half of all sentience.

So yeah .,, what Adams said. The mot Cations of Thanos are different in MCU vs c the various Comic series' around him.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2202 on: February 05, 2019, 08:52:41 PM »
I often felt that comic Thanos was being manipulated by Death to give her half of all sentience.

So yeah .,, what Adams said. The mot Cations of Thanos are different in MCU vs c the various Comic series' around him.

.....King?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2203 on: February 06, 2019, 04:30:47 AM »
Autocorrect, and failing to proofread.

Plus 2 glasses of wine.   :lol

That should've read "the motivations of Thanos are different in the MCU vs the versions in the Comic series' written around him."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2204 on: February 13, 2019, 11:29:14 PM »
So reports are that Brie Larson has signed a 7 picture deal with Marvel, the first two of those being Captain Marvel and Endgame. Seems we can set the foundation for the next ten years of speculation on where the MCU is headed, all we need is those two movies to set the pace.

http://epicstream.com/news/NicoParungo/Shes-Not-Going-Anywhere-Captain-Marvels-Brie-Larson-Signs-7-Picture-Deal-with-Marvel?fbclid=IwAR1uXHYz480ZivNn0X-FR9sIKItYyr0AKSbDQmbsD7ksAAh6N3Rf46zP4QM&utm_campaign=epicbuffer&utm_content=buffer44f50&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com