Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 250575 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #2100 on: January 01, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »
JJ S3 will be out before Punisher I think.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2101 on: January 01, 2019, 01:20:55 PM »
Nope. Punisher is this month I think, JJ hasn't got a date yet.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2102 on: January 01, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
Nope. Punisher is this month I think, JJ hasn't got a date yet.

Correct. Weird to still not have a P2 date since it’s this month.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2103 on: January 01, 2019, 02:29:42 PM »
I found out a long time ago that the mechanic from Adventures in Babysitting ("Thor") and Edgar (The Bug) from Men in Black were the same actor.   And that freaked me out back then. 

....but today I just found out that that same guy is Wilson Fisk in the Daredevil series, and now my mind is completely blown anew.    :omg:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2104 on: January 02, 2019, 08:50:30 AM »
I found out a long time ago that the mechanic from Adventures in Babysitting ("Thor") and Edgar (The Bug) from Men in Black were the same actor.   And that freaked me out back then. 

....but today I just found out that that same guy is Wilson Fisk in the Daredevil series, and now my mind is completely blown anew.    :omg:

Vincent D'Onofrio has also played Pvt. "Pyle" in Full Metal Jacket, and the lead detective in Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Quite the chameleon, he is.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2105 on: January 02, 2019, 08:57:09 AM »

Vincent D'Onofrio has also played Pvt. "Pyle" in Full Metal Jacket, and the lead detective in Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Quite the chameleon, he is.

He's one of my favorite actors due to how versatile he is. He's given some great performances.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Adami

« Reply #2106 on: January 02, 2019, 08:58:28 AM »
I think my first exposure to Vincent was in Stewart Saves his Family. It blew my mind when that guy became The Kingpin.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2107 on: January 08, 2019, 01:55:20 PM »
Tickets for Captain Marvel are already on sale. Crazy to think you have to buy movie tickets months in advance if you want to catch it opening weekend in NYC.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2108 on: January 09, 2019, 08:27:14 AM »
Started Iron Fist last night.  After two episodes, it's pretty good.  Not sure whether it takes a bad turn somewhere along the way, but thus far, I don't get the criticism. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2109 on: January 09, 2019, 08:28:21 AM »
Did you know that he's Danny Rand?   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

« Reply #2110 on: January 09, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »
Danny Raaaaaaaand!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2111 on: January 09, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
 :lol

Just wait bosk...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2112 on: January 09, 2019, 08:55:40 AM »
Well, as Danny Rand once said in his smash 1980's video, "I wish they all could be California Girls!"  All of them.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #2113 on: January 09, 2019, 09:00:27 AM »

Don't you mean,

"Danny Rand, The Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand"?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2114 on: January 09, 2019, 09:22:09 AM »

Don't you mean,

"Danny Rand, The INMORTAL Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand"?

FTFY :lol

Seriously, though, IF S1 was pretty decent, besides that line we’re all making fun of, and some other issues with character writing (Harold Meachum, anyone?), I thought it was good.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Adami

« Reply #2115 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:12 AM »
It definitely wasn't good (minus the Colleen Wing parts), but it's not the abomination some people say it was, or that Inhumans actually was.

If I had to give it a letter grade, I'd give it a very low C-. Season 2 I'd give a low B-.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2116 on: January 09, 2019, 10:12:49 AM »
I wasn't even planning on watching it due to the negative reviews I have seen.  But after the last episode of Luke Cage, S1, Netflix went right into S2, ep 1, and it showed him (obviously), out of prison.  So I figured I had to watch the next shows in order to eventually find out what happens to Luke. 

My understanding is that it goes:  Iron Fist, s.1 > Defenders > Punisher, s. 1 > Jessica Jones, s.2 > Luke Cage, s.2.

So I have a bunch of shows I have to watch before I continue with Shaft...er, I mean, Luke Cage.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2117 on: January 09, 2019, 11:00:10 AM »
Daredevil 2 would go before Punisher and Defenders but yea.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2118 on: January 09, 2019, 11:59:26 AM »
I've seen all seasons of DD, so I'm good.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2119 on: January 09, 2019, 11:59:58 AM »
I've seen all seasons of DD, so I'm good.

I assumed so, but wasn't 100%.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2120 on: January 09, 2019, 01:24:26 PM »
You went out of order? Are you some type of damn anarchist?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2121 on: January 09, 2019, 01:43:46 PM »
:lol  I didn't have any intention of watching them all.  I watched DD and loved it with no intention of watching the other series.  When I was stuck sick with the flu a few weeks ago, I binged JJ s.1 and a good chunk of Luke Cage, s.1.  And now here I am.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2122 on: January 11, 2019, 07:31:04 PM »
I went back a few pages and didn't see anything but I'm always so late to the game with Marvel movies these days given my immense meh-ness towards them now but I enjoyed Venom a lot more than other people did, apparently. Granted, given my love towards Tom Hardy that's expected, but it was suuuuper rocky at points but ended up winning me over. It was pretty great and while I think it'd be SO much better with the Deadpool treatment given the character (though I think that's a NO SHIT), it was awesome for what they had to work with; I have zero doubts that the big wigs were breathing down their necks the ENTIRE time (that's too violent! That's too much! etc. etc).

I'm looking forward to the second one and hope they up the ante. Also, given my disdain towards mainstream rap, Eminem was BOMB on that title track, holy shit. How the fuck did they not find a moment in the movie itself for that track? Anyway, that's all the Marvelness I've been up to recently. I have zero interest in Captain Marvel and the future of the Marvel clusterfuck itself. I'll watch the end of the Avengers saga simply because I grew up with it but other than that....it's spunk. I am however very interested in seeing how Disney keeps this cash cow milking because you know damn well they'll come up with something, it's just a matter of how and when and what they do. Part of me hopes they fall flat on their face just to see how awesomely hilarious it is but the other part hopes that they actually bring the true comic essence to the screens because with all my thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of comics I have...I have yet to see an entire movie that captures that love. Scenes? Sure. A full movie? Not even fucking close.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2123 on: January 11, 2019, 11:38:35 PM »
I've said this before, and I'll say it again here.   

I think the official MCU is the greatest cinematic franchise in movie history.     There are now 20 movies in the official MCU, and while there are a couple that I would simply rate as "just OK", there is not a "bad" movie in the entire 20 movie run.   I own all 20 movies, and I still enjoy every single one of them.     Nothing....not Star Wars, not Star Trek, not James Bond, not anything else you can come up with, has had that level of consistency across so many movies.   It's unprecedented.   

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2124 on: January 12, 2019, 05:47:48 AM »
I'm closer to Jammindude on this than I am Tio.  Given what Marvel has been able to accomplish in just over 10 years, it's incredible.  I think they've done a lot of good/great things, but the timing was also just right.  The managed to capture something that was nostalgic and fresh at the same time.  Sequels and reboots from the 80s hit movies (examples like Die Hard and Ghostbuster come to mind) have been duds.  Turning literary works into franchises usually does ok (Harry Potter), but there are also duds in that.  Marvel has captured lightning in a bottle, imo.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2125 on: January 12, 2019, 06:25:00 AM »
MCU has been a majestic grand slam home run. Probably 5 of my 10 favorite movies are in the MCU.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2126 on: January 12, 2019, 03:35:41 PM »
Ditto ditto ditto, etc.  MCU may continue, and I hope it does, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's *some* dip in quality as time goes on, and at some point we'll look back on this as the Golden Era of MCU.  At the very least, I expect (or maybe just hope) that the DC Universe keeps Marvel on their toes.  Some competition would be good for both franchises.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2127 on: January 12, 2019, 03:38:14 PM »
Ditto ditto ditto, etc.  MCU may continue, and I hope it does, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's *some* dip in quality as time goes on, and at some point we'll look back on this as the Golden Era of MCU.  At the very least, I expect (or maybe just hope) that the DC Universe keeps Marvel on their toes.  Some competition would be good for both franchises.

I just hope it's the right competition. Aquaman it's in the billion dollar club. I would hate for a day when Marvel says "Well....apparently the people want big, dumb and loud, so lets get bigger, dumber, and louder!"
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2128 on: January 12, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »
That's a valid concern.  Like I said, things will continue, but we don't know how consistent either franchise/universe will be.  I'd like to think that Marvel never gets that big and dumb, but it's always a possibility.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2129 on: January 13, 2019, 01:18:05 AM »
I’ll go full disclosure and say that I didn’t even watch any of the movies (except IM1) until The Avengers came out. After that I got curious and decided to start with what was supposed to be the worst of the “lead up films” to see if I enjoyed it. That was The Incredible Hulk. And while I do agree that it is a lower tier Marvel film, I still enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, so I plopped down a C-note and bought the rest on sale at the local Fred Meyer.

I’ve been in love ever since.

This thought just occurred to me as I was watching The Incredible Hulk on TNT tonight. I was surprised that they were showing it on network TV at all, since they tend to treat this movie like the red-headed step-child of the bunch. William Hurt’s character made a brief appearance in another film, but I’d like to see Ruffalo re visit Liv Tyler just to give the film more of a nod.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2130 on: January 13, 2019, 05:09:00 AM »
Well, more Liv Tyler is never a bad thing.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Adami

« Reply #2131 on: January 15, 2019, 07:40:54 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUFmhKpZKlE

First Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer.

Looks good, but weird having a trailer for the 3rd Marvel movie before the first one is even out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2132 on: January 15, 2019, 07:58:18 AM »
Excellent trailer!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2133 on: January 15, 2019, 08:21:53 AM »
When are people going to catch on that Spider-Man shows up in the cities when/where this group of friends is out-of-town?  Like they aren't going to realize that it's ONE OF THEM that is Spider-Man?  Naturally, they can rule out Ned, but otherwise, everyone should be considered a suspect.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2134 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:14 AM »
I think they'll know by the end of the film.  That tight control over his secret identity is slowly slipping away.  It wouldn't surprise me if maybe something like that entire H.S. group other than Flash knew by the end of the film.