Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 250591 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1785 on: September 20, 2018, 01:01:30 PM »
Brush all that shit aside for a second... Teaser trailer for DD S3....

https://youtu.be/jx2x7DklglQ

KINGPIN IS BACK!!!

Back in the old school suit too! Yes. That was very exciting, as little as it showed.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1786 on: September 20, 2018, 01:14:32 PM »
To quote my inside source...

"Yeah they did that really well. And Vincent Donofrio plays him amazingly. This season is phenomenal I'm really excited for people to see it."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1787 on: September 20, 2018, 01:18:44 PM »
Two Marvel teaser trailers in a row? Best week ever lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Adami

« Reply #1788 on: September 20, 2018, 02:55:12 PM »

"Yeah they did that really well. And Vincent Donofrio plays him amazingly. This season is phenomenal I'm really excited for people to see it."

So every other season of Daredevil?  ;D
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1789 on: September 20, 2018, 03:17:56 PM »

Actually, my kid does PR for Netflix Marvel series, and she's seen it already. That was the text she sent me today. Hard to out-nerd your own kid when she's got the inside scoop. #proudpapa

Offline Adami

« Reply #1790 on: September 20, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »

Actually, my kid does PR for Netflix Marvel series, and she's seen it already. That was the text she sent me today. Hard to out-nerd your own kid when she's got the inside scoop. #proudpapa

That is so freakin cool man.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1791 on: September 20, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »
YEAH, WELL MY KID TEXTED ME A PICTURE OF A PUPPY TODAY!   >:(
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #1792 on: September 20, 2018, 03:34:47 PM »
Yea? Well my kid doesn't exist and therefore leaves me with a giant sized hole in my heart that no amount of distractions could ever fill!

SO HAH!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1793 on: September 20, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »

That is so freakin cool man.

It is. She's efficient, organized, and goal driven. The apple fell very far from the tree on this one hahaha

YEAH, WELL MY KID TEXTED ME A PICTURE OF A PUPPY TODAY!   >:(

PUPPY!!!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1794 on: September 20, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »
Yea? Well my kid doesn't exist and therefore leaves me with a giant sized hole in my heart that no amount of distractions could ever fill!

SO HAH!

:'(  :hug:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1795 on: September 21, 2018, 05:20:28 AM »
Not sure what I think about this.  Gonna be uber pissed if - like many other streaming services - DisneyOnDemand isn't licensed to broadcast in Canada.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/09/19/disney-is-willing-to-hurt-marvel-and-star-wars-movies-to-beat-netflix/#599b3f432d52
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #1796 on: September 21, 2018, 07:31:54 AM »
My apologies if this was already mentioned, but this is a very large thread.

I saw Infinity War last Weekend, and I found it extremely entertaining.  I found the character of Thanos very intriguing.  I did some research because I had a nagging question about the movie.  It is in regards to his goal of killing 1/2 the universe and his new power.

To me, the movie shows him as an almost likeable character as it seems his motives are pure and good.  He is doing the thing no one else will to ensure the survival of live in the Universe.  Wether that is a valid goal, cause, or motive is another discussion.  I also read on another source (perhaps older comics??) that Thanos is doing this to earn the romantic favor of Death.

if his motives are what is proposed in the movie, and he has practically infinite power in the universe, why kill 1/2 of all life?
When he didnt have the Infinity Stones, his course of action was limited....manually kill off the life to save resources.
But now he actually has the ability to snap his finger, and reallocate and create resources. 

Why kill life to save resources, when he can now create resources to save life?

Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1797 on: September 21, 2018, 07:38:39 AM »
My apologies if this was already mentioned, but this is a very large thread.

I saw Infinity War last Weekend, and I found it extremely entertaining.  I found the character of Thanos very intriguing.  I did some research because I had a nagging question about the movie.  It is in regards to his goal of killing 1/2 the universe and his new power.

To me, the movie shows him as an almost likeable character as it seems his motives are pure and good.  He is doing the thing no one else will to ensure the survival of live in the Universe.  Wether that is a valid goal, cause, or motive is another discussion.  I also read on another source (perhaps older comics??) that Thanos is doing this to earn the romantic favor of Death.

if his motives are what is proposed in the movie, and he has practically infinite power in the universe, why kill 1/2 of all life?
When he didnt have the Infinity Stones, his course of action was limited....manually kill off the life to save resources.
But now he actually has the ability to snap his finger, and reallocate and create resources. 

Why kill life to save resources, when he can now create resources to save life?

Yeah we did discuss that a little while back, and the thrust of it was: Thanos has gone mad. He became so obsessed that his way of doing things was right, he's unable to see that with the power of the gauntlet he could help in other ways instead.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1798 on: September 21, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »
...or that his newfound power is not truly "unlimited," which it isn't, and he cannot actually use it to simply create the limitless resources that it would take to sustain the potentially limitless population.

I think the reality is likely supposed to be a combination of both:  His power, although extensive, is not limitless, and he cannot singlehandedly address and remedy the problem.  AND he is insane, and so is his plan.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1799 on: September 21, 2018, 08:19:03 AM »
Apt moniker, 'The Mad Titan' ;)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1800 on: September 22, 2018, 04:50:32 PM »
Just finished Luke Cage Season 2.   Very interesting ending.   I'm moving on to Iron Fist 2 tonight.  Looking forward to the twist ending that everyone is talking about.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1801 on: October 04, 2018, 01:00:16 PM »
Just got the scoop, Daredevil S3 comes out on Oct 19th. My daughter is at NY Comic Con doing the press day with all the actors. Proud, but so damn jelly.... :lol

Edit, she just sent me a pic of Charlie Cox and Debora Woll, from behind the camera. She says she's just joking around with them having fun. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Offline Adami

« Reply #1802 on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »
Just got the scoop, Daredevil S3 comes out on Oct 19th. My daughter is at NY Comic Con doing the press day with all the actors. Proud, but so damn jelly.... :lol

Edit, she just sent me a pic of Charlie Cox and Debora Woll, from behind the camera. She says she's just joking around with them having fun. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I am jelly of your kiddo.

Yea, from what I've read about season 3, it should be really good. Supposed to be pretty dark and he's back in the black rags instead of the official costume. Lots of personal turmoil.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1803 on: October 04, 2018, 10:05:27 PM »
Me too man, and she's got three more days of this.

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #1804 on: October 06, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
I just saw Venom.
The movie is pretty bad, but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1805 on: October 06, 2018, 04:12:02 PM »
Venom....yea. Odd stuff.

Tom Hardy is actually really great as Brock/Venom. The rest of the movie is just garbage though. The script felt like it was written in 1998 and not updated since. I get that some people think it may have been an intentional homage to that, but that doesn't excuse it.

Best scene is the 2nd post credits scene.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1806 on: October 12, 2018, 03:35:57 PM »
Interesting thought regarding Avengers 4.  This is just my speculation, but still, if people don't want to hear speculation about what might potentially happen, stop reading.  Since it is just speculation, it isn't a spoiler.  But my thought process was triggered by something I read about information that was leaked about some toys.  So, here goes...

The leaked information mentioned the Avengers, Rocket and a new crew, and others fighting a "new foe" and "even greater threat."  I guess there is apparently lots of speculation going around about who this bigger threat could be.  But I don't think it really matters for the bigger point I am about to make.  Let's just assume for a moment that there is some "bigger threat" looming--i.e., bigger than Thanos. 

Now, here's the thing about Thanos:  he was one of those villains that legitimately saw himself as doing something "good."  He was a zealot for his cause.  And he viewed his cause as a benevolent one designed, in his mind, to ultimately "save" the galaxy. 

So, what if a threat arose that sought to destroy the galaxy?  How would Thanos react to that?  For his flaws and the twisted nature of his plan in Avengers 3, complete destruction would obviously run contrary to what he was trying to accomplish.  So...what if he were to basically "team up" with the good guys?  Not a traditional team up.  But if there were a legitimate threat that was too powerful for him to stop, and he ultimately decided that he needed the help of the MCU heroes, that could explain the expected "resurrection" of everyone wiped out during the snap. 

Again, this is obviously just speculating.  But something like this would actually be a palatable way of bringing folks back, IMO.  I certainly wouldn't hate the idea of something like this.  To me, it is more palatable than some sort of time travel through the quantum realm, which seems both too obvious and too contrived.

Anyhow, that's my theory.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1807 on: October 12, 2018, 03:53:57 PM »
I think that's a pretty good theory. In the comics, similar things have happened a number of times actually. Thanos has teamed up with heroes quite a few times. I hadn't considered that for this, but I do like it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1808 on: October 12, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »
And to tie it back to Dr. Strange's "this is the only way" statement, maybe the battle had to play out this way because Thanos winning by some other means other than the gauntlet being severely damaged and him taking Stormbreaker to the chest was the only way the galaxy was sufficiently weakened for this "bigger threat" to emerge and for him being too weakened to challenge it without the help of the good guys.  Or, at least, it's maybe the only way he looks objectively at his own limitations and decides to undo the snap.
 Maybe?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1809 on: October 12, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »
It's a cool theory, just trying to bring to mind what could possibly constitute a bigger threat that would require the Avengers and Thanos with the guantlet.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1810 on: October 12, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »
It's a cool theory, just trying to bring to mind what could possibly constitute a bigger threat that would require the Avengers and Thanos with the guantlet.

The reigning theory (and that's used VERY loosely) is annihilus. I'm not putting this in spoilers because there is NO evidence for it. Which I super duper hope it's not. Annihilus works in the comics, but I can't see him being a movie villain, and the his wave would just be a huge pointless CGI army, which I want to avoid if possible.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1811 on: October 12, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »
Annihilus deserves its own Phase. I'd be very disappointed if that is jammed into Avengers 4

Galactus?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1812 on: October 12, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »
The movies, so far, have followed the spirit of the comic books faithfully.  (In the sense that, when I watch a MCU movie or TV Series, I feel like I'm watching something "in the style of" a comic book.  The way it references other things in the universe without necessarily needing to get that issue...etc...etc)

That being said, there is something that comic books have gotten away with for decades that I don't think will continue to work on the big screen.    The "bigger baddie".    You can only ramp up the tension so much before it becomes overblown.   You create the universe's most powerful villain.....until we create an even more powerful one.      I honestly don't know how comics got away with that for so long and still managed to keep a decent amount of tension.   

But then again, there isn't really anywhere else to go but up.   And they haven't done anything really bad yet.    But I just feel like the other shoe has to drop at some point.    This has still been an unprecedented theatrical achievement as it is.   I hope it never stops, but I feel like it might hit a big pot hole in the road in the next couple of years. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Adami

« Reply #1813 on: October 12, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »
Annihilus deserves its own Phase. I'd be very disappointed if that is jammed into Avengers 4

Galactus?

I would love for a great version of Galactus and Silver Surfer. But they're still owned by Fox. So unless there's something we don't know (and they've already said the merger won't impact this movie), Marvel can't touch them.

Whoever it is, I hope it's not a big CGI army.

Cosmic Ghost Rider! (if anyone is familiar with him)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1814 on: October 12, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »
Not familiar with Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Why did I think Marvel did get access to the Fox assets??

Edit: Kinda sorta. But not for A4 clearly.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/10/10/disney-21st-century-fox-deal-close-date-2019-marvel/

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1815 on: October 12, 2018, 11:29:09 PM »
Iron Fist just got cancelled by Netflix :'(
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1816 on: October 12, 2018, 11:39:35 PM »
That doesn't bother me at all.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1817 on: October 13, 2018, 02:28:33 AM »
Damn that sucks, especially after a really strong season 2. :(

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1818 on: October 13, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »
Damn that sucks, especially after a really strong season 2. :(

I wouldn't call it really strong, but a big improvement and had potential for a really strong season 3.

I actually wonder if all the shows will be cancelled in the next 1-2 years since Disney's streaming services is popping up around then.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1819 on: October 13, 2018, 08:10:42 AM »
I'm debating seeing Venom this week or sometime next week. I don't expect good things, but IMO Venom himself looks very cool and since he's one of my favorite Marvel villains I gotta at least see what they do with him...

I still want Dr. Doom as the next villain. I think the MCU could cook up some good stuff with Doom over the course of numerous films. I would love to see Galactus but I'm just having a hard time imagining him on screen. Plus we won't get to see Odin and Galactus headbutt each other  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"