Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 250773 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1750 on: September 17, 2018, 08:07:16 PM »
AWESOME!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1751 on: September 18, 2018, 01:45:04 AM »
Really enjoyed season 2 of Iron Fist! Much better.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1752 on: September 18, 2018, 06:59:10 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

First trailer is up!

Looks good. Doesn't give much away (at all) but really focuses on character, rather than showing a ton of explosions or exposition. A good first trailer. Hope they don't do the typical Marvel thing and show 1/3 of the movie in the trailers/TV spots, but we all know they will. So I'll probably watch 1 more trailer and call it quits.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1753 on: September 18, 2018, 07:07:09 AM »
Looks great. I've never really known anything about the character but since the first pics came out I thought, wow, she looks great in that role, and I still believe that after the trailer. Stoked!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1754 on: September 18, 2018, 07:17:48 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

First trailer is up!

Looks good. Doesn't give much away (at all) but really focuses on character, rather than showing a ton of explosions or exposition. A good first trailer. Hope they don't do the typical Marvel thing and show 1/3 of the movie in the trailers/TV spots, but we all know they will. So I'll probably watch 1 more trailer and call it quits.

Agree on all of this.  After Ultron, I decided I'd only watch the officially released theatrical trailers - no vignettes, no web featurettes, no 'special' sneak previews, no TV commercial spots.  I ended up knowing about 20 minutes of AoU, and regretted it when I saw the movie.  Worked splendidly for everything that came since.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1755 on: September 18, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »
Cool.  The trailer itself was standard fair.  But finally just getting to see something from the film is satisfying.  The de-aging on Samuel L. Jackson looks REALLY convincing.  It looks like this is in many ways going to be HIS origin story as well, going from some low-level, burned-out bureaucrat to the in-charge Nick Fury we know. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1756 on: September 18, 2018, 10:14:23 AM »
^^ I noticed that too, Sam Jackson is looking damn good. Props to the effects team.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1757 on: September 18, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
^^ I noticed that too, Sam Jackson is looking damn good. Props to the effects team.

Props to the technology.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1758 on: September 18, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »
That trailer alone looks better than anything from DC universe. Can't wait!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1759 on: September 18, 2018, 11:35:08 AM »
That trailer alone looks better than anything from DC universe. Can't wait!

Kevin Feige could record himself farting and it would still look better than anything from the DC movie universe. Just saying...
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1760 on: September 18, 2018, 11:39:38 AM »
Wasn't that in the bonus features for Iron Man 3?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #1761 on: September 18, 2018, 11:53:42 AM »
Wasn't that in the bonus features for Iron Man 3?

Kevin Feige farting? I believe that was the 3rd act.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #1762 on: September 18, 2018, 12:44:25 PM »
So I'm trying to think of what the plot of this movie may be, since we've not been given a ton, and based solely on the info provided thus far.

So it seems like Carol will be a test pilot or something for a space exploration thing and get accidentally pulled into the Kree home world who will take her, brainwash her or mindwipe her (before or after she gets her powers) and turn her into a soldier in their war. During a battle she lands on earth and her memories slowly start to come back. She knows that Skrulls are on the planet too since she was probably fighting them before she crash landed. So she has to try to fight her enemy while also learning about who she is and realizing that the Kree are her enemy too because they took her and made her into a brainwashed soldier.

Just a guess.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1763 on: September 18, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »
The stuff in this trailer totally contradicts what Fury has said in other movies (most notably The Avengers) about the possible existence of extraterrestrials. Oh well, impossible to keep all that stuff straight.

Referencing Thor's appearance: "Not only did we learn we're not alone . . . "

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1764 on: September 18, 2018, 01:34:13 PM »
Nah, that isn't really a contradiction.  He never said they didn't know about the possible existence of extraterrestrials--just that that is when it came to the public's attention.  He may have implied it, but to the extent he did, that was clearly propaganda used to try to get the Avengers to calm down and play ball.  And that would be consistent with one of the major themes in Avengers (and beyond) as well.  If you think it is a contradiction, then fine, but this film is far from the first time that line has been contradicted.  Agents of SHIELD and some of the films that followed Avengers have pretty clearly indicated that there were plenty on earth that had been previously aware of extraterrestrials prior to the events of Thor.

In other news, I am WAY past being done with Hollywood/media seemingly obsessing over whether this movie FINALLY makes the important leap of providing us with a lead female superhero, or that movie FINALLY makes the important leap of providing us with a lead Black superhero, or...etc.  How about we just enjoy well-written movies about well-written heroes?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1765 on: September 18, 2018, 01:39:45 PM »
Plus, as a super spy, they lie, twist the facts to benefit what they want.  Of fibbing. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1766 on: September 18, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »
Plus, as a super spy, they lie, twist the facts to benefit what they want.  Of fibbing. :lol

Both this and what Bosk said are valid.  And if they add-in some kind of throw-away comment in Captain Marvel that suggests Howard Stark needs to start combing the oceans hard for the Tesseract after Fury realizes there are aliens 'out-there', that would still line things up.  The whole point in A1 about 'learning' there are aliens out there is the fact they have the Tesseract now, and are weaponizing it.  They could make it so that Fury has been desperately wanting the Tesseract ever since the time period of Captain Marvel.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1767 on: September 18, 2018, 02:20:02 PM »
SO early to be getting a trailer though.  We have 6 months until this film, with nothing from Marvel in between. 

In other news, the boys and I are now up to the beginning of S2 for Agents of SHIELD.  Plenty of time to finish that series and rewatch Guardians, vol. 1 before Captain Marvel hits so that we are as up-to-date as possible about what has been revealed about the Kree thus far in the MCU.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1768 on: September 18, 2018, 03:03:39 PM »
SO early to be getting a trailer though.  We have 6 months until this film, with nothing from Marvel in between. 

In other news, the boys and I are now up to the beginning of S2 for Agents of SHIELD.  Plenty of time to finish that series and rewatch Guardians, vol. 1 before Captain Marvel hits so that we are as up-to-date as possible about what has been revealed about the Kree thus far in the MCU.

Yea, I dunno why marvel loads everything into the first half of the year. We now get 3 movies by July and then nothing. Seems like Ant-Man may have done way better near Thanksgiving than like 2 months after Infinity War.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1769 on: September 18, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »

That's right, even the DT album is coming earlier and we still don't know anything about it yet :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1770 on: September 18, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »
We actually do have Venom coming. Though not part of the MCU, it is a Marvel product. And personally I'm kind of stoked to see it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1771 on: September 18, 2018, 07:17:16 PM »
Yes, I’m sure it’ll be amazing. Like a turd, in the wind.

But they could put their 3rd MCU movie around thanksgiving or October to help make the wait times more even. Not even to fill in the extra time, but having 3 movies all within 2-3 months of each other is a bit much.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1772 on: September 18, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
Just finished IF s2, man, that was unexpected. At first, I thought it was just going to be a PC ending and all that, which bothered me, but then we had THAT scene at the end and I was like ??? :eek

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1773 on: September 18, 2018, 10:46:48 PM »
Yes, I’m sure it’ll be amazing. Like a turd, in the wind.

But they could put their 3rd MCU movie around thanksgiving or October to help make the wait times more even. Not even to fill in the extra time, but having 3 movies all within 2-3 months of each other is a bit much.

Your optimism is overwhelming.

I totally agree that Ant Man should have been a fall release, and get what you're saying.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1774 on: September 19, 2018, 04:25:09 AM »
Marvel thread: 6 month wait is too long.
Same people in Star Wars thread: Do they really need a movie every year?

:lolpalm:

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1775 on: September 19, 2018, 04:32:08 AM »
DC thread: Should they even bother?

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1776 on: September 19, 2018, 07:15:32 AM »
Marvel thread: 6 month wait is too long.
Same people in Star Wars thread: Do they really need a movie every year?

:lolpalm:

I've been on the side that regardless of the film series there can be a movie every month as long as the quality stays high. I think a star wars film once a year is fine as long as the films are good. Solo was a good film released at the wrong time after two huge films. I'd still bet dollars to donuts that if Solo is released in September or even December that it's not a commercial disaster.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1777 on: September 20, 2018, 02:36:15 AM »
I'm watching Solo right now.  :corn Wrong thread. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1778 on: September 20, 2018, 07:04:31 AM »
Yeah, I'm with kaos on the subject of film frequency. As long as the films remain quality, I have no problem with how often they come out. Although I do get stir crazy in a way when Marvel leaves us hanging for half a year without any movies after frontloading the year with all sorts of wild stuff. I like the Star Wars approach of one per year (and beyond that, one main entry every other year with a side story in between to flesh out the universe), but I'll admit I'm not really crazy about Star Wars in the first place, even less so about what they're doing with the franchise currently.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1779 on: September 20, 2018, 07:07:59 AM »
Yeah, I'm with kaos on the subject of film frequency. As long as the films remain quality, I have no problem with how often they come out. Although I do get stir crazy in a way when Marvel leaves us hanging for half a year without any movies after frontloading the year with all sorts of wild stuff. I like the Star Wars approach of one per year (and beyond that, one main entry every other year with a side story in between to flesh out the universe), but I'll admit I'm not really crazy about Star Wars in the first place, even less so about what they're doing with the franchise currently.

I don't think anyone (including me) was wishing for less films, but your comment about front loading was the crux of my argument. I just think they would be better served being more spread out. I feel like Ant-Man suffered because it came RIGHT off the heels of their biggest movie ever. If it came out around now, I feel like it would have been better received and performed better.

Film 1 - March
Film 2 - July
Film 3 - October

Bam, you got a nicely distributed schedule. No one is getting sick of the movies, and we're not still in the mindset of the last one when the new one comes out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1780 on: September 20, 2018, 07:10:09 AM »
Oh, I'm in full agreement there. As much as I loved getting Ant-Man shortly after Infinity War I definitely think it would have been better to release it around this time instead of in the immediate aftermath of Infinity War while that was still going strong.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1781 on: September 20, 2018, 07:13:53 AM »
Oh, I'm in full agreement there. As much as I loved getting Ant-Man shortly after Infinity War I definitely think it would have been better to release it around this time instead of in the immediate aftermath of Infinity War while that was still going strong.

Yea. I kept hearing it being referred to as "a pallet cleanser" and that seemed like it wasn't what the movie was trying to be, but due to the release schedule, ended up becoming. Which isn't good. No one wants to invest that much into a movie that is the equivalent of swishing water in your mouth between meals.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1782 on: September 20, 2018, 07:18:49 AM »

Yea. I kept hearing it being referred to as "a pallet cleanser" and that seemed like it wasn't what the movie was trying to be, but due to the release schedule, ended up becoming. Which isn't good. No one wants to invest that much into a movie that is the equivalent of swishing water in your mouth between meals.

:lol True. Although I never took that as a derogatory term, personally. It was a pretty lighthearted adventure with lots of funny moments (strangely, not as many as Infinity War, but the overall tone of the movie was lighter with less gravity) and I liked that after having such a huge emotional cliffhanger from IW. I loved the post-credits too as it tied it all back together with another very cool cliffhanger. I'm just wondering if there will be an Ant-Man 3. I wasn't crazy about the first one but really enjoyed AM&Wasp, so I'm hoping he plays a part in Avengers 4  :biggrin:

Offline Adami

« Reply #1783 on: September 20, 2018, 07:22:47 AM »
Well the global box office helped AM&TW a whole lot. So if there's a 3rd, I'd be prepared for a trip to Asia ;).

And yea, from what i've seen, he's going to play a pretty big role in A4.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1784 on: September 20, 2018, 12:41:48 PM »
Brush all that shit aside for a second... Teaser trailer for DD S3....

https://youtu.be/jx2x7DklglQ

KINGPIN IS BACK!!!