Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 251607 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1680 on: August 17, 2018, 05:14:37 AM »
Does anyone know if Edward norton was at all offered a role in the Avengers as hulk, or did they just go strait to auditioning someone else?

According to Marvel, they didn’t want him because of his work ethic. In 2014 or so(before Age of Ultron came out) Edward Norton said he didn’t want to be connected to just one character and that these movies would interfere with what he wanted to do with his career.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1681 on: August 21, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »
Finally got around to finishing Cloak and Dagger.

I really really liked it. Surprisingly great show. And, as far as I know, the only non-Netflix Marvel entity to acknowledge the existence of the Netflix shows.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1682 on: August 21, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »

I really really liked it. Surprisingly great show. And, as far as I know, the only non-Netflix Marvel entity to acknowledge the existence of the Netflix shows.

It was very good! Looking forward to season 2. And, yes, we finally got some cross references between Marvel TV shows, but I expected at least a small crossover with the Runaways, though.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Adami

« Reply #1683 on: August 21, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »

It was very good! Looking forward to season 2. And, yes, we finally got some cross references between Marvel TV shows, but I expected at least a small crossover with the Runaways, though.

Soon.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1684 on: August 21, 2018, 10:11:22 PM »
Really, it recognized the Netflix shows? I got to about ep3 and petered out on it, but I may have to muscle through on it.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1685 on: August 21, 2018, 10:16:14 PM »
Really, it recognized the Netflix shows? I got to about ep3 and petered out on it, but I may have to muscle through on it.

O'Reilly references Misty from Luke Cage and viceversa.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Adami

« Reply #1686 on: August 21, 2018, 10:17:22 PM »

The Rands are also mentioned.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1687 on: August 21, 2018, 11:49:54 PM »

The Rands are also mentioned.
I liked that moment, referencing both the Starks and the Rands. I do like the fact that this show is happy to very overtly reference other parts of the MCU. Overall it's a very solid show.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1688 on: August 23, 2018, 02:30:42 PM »
God damn Infinity War had me crying like a woman watching The Notebook.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1689 on: August 23, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »

:lol

When I saw it opening night, it was in a theater that served drinks, and there was one rambunctious group of young men who had a few and were vocally enjoying the movie (as we all were, it was a great atmosphere). Anyhoo, at the end, right after Spidey dissipated, I hear from the dudes "are you crying dude?". It was f'in hysterical. Even better was the dude next to my who asked incredulously "they lost?!?!?!!".

I won't deny squeezing out a manly tear or two myself, they did it so well.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1690 on: August 24, 2018, 05:21:31 AM »
Opening night theatre cannot be beat.  When Thor came in to the Wakanda battle... holy fuck did the theatre pop.  I mean, there were lots of cheers and claps etc... for a lot of things, but the whole place went ape-shit for that.

Blu-ray watching with jingle.son tonight.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1691 on: August 24, 2018, 05:32:49 AM »
I really wish I could have seen Infinity War opening weekend. I was on vacation so I didn't see it for almost three weeks after it came out in a mostly empty theater. It was still great though.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1692 on: August 24, 2018, 05:40:58 AM »
I watched it inside a full theatre, but right at the end everybody around me turned to dust.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1693 on: August 24, 2018, 06:15:43 AM »
I watched it inside a full theatre, but right at the end everybody around me turned to dust.
How rude of them. Those poor theater workers had to clean up all their mess. They should really be more considerate.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1694 on: August 24, 2018, 07:17:14 AM »
I rarely go to the theater but it's worth it for events like Infinity War or The Dark Knight on opening night/midnight showing.

Picked up the IW Blu-ray yesterday, will watch it and the behind the scenes this weekend.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1695 on: August 24, 2018, 07:58:37 AM »
How rude of them. Those poor theater workers had to clean up all their mess. They should really be more considerate.
Totally.  They should have at least put their dust in the corral where it belongs.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1696 on: August 24, 2018, 09:35:06 AM »
That happened to me, too, except only half the people disappeared.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1697 on: August 24, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »
I went both the Thursday and Friday night of opening weekend, awesome both times.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1698 on: August 24, 2018, 04:39:09 PM »

:lol

When I saw it opening night, it was in a theater that served drinks, and there was one rambunctious group of young men who had a few and were vocally enjoying the movie (as we all were, it was a great atmosphere). Anyhoo, at the end, right after Spidey dissipated, I hear from the dudes "are you crying dude?". It was f'in hysterical. Even better was the dude next to my who asked incredulously "they lost?!?!?!!".

I won't deny squeezing out a manly tear or two myself, they did it so well.

Gamora's death hit pretty hard, but I was tearing up for both her AND Thanos. The beautiful score didn't help anything. My fiancé thought this movie was boring (not enough action?), much like with Interstellar, and that movie got me a few times as well.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1699 on: August 28, 2018, 03:15:51 PM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1700 on: August 29, 2018, 08:10:28 PM »
So I rented Deadpool 2 and watched it a couple times while being a lazy fuck, and not sure if anyone else noticed this, but in the climactic fight with Juggernaut, the epic operatic music in the background has the choir repeating "oh holy....o holy shitballs...o fuck...o fucking shitballs"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1701 on: August 29, 2018, 09:03:40 PM »
I didn't!  :lol

Well,  since I own it....

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1702 on: August 30, 2018, 10:16:10 AM »
When I finally noticed I giggled like a 3rd grader through the rest of the film. I'm sure there's a shit ton more stuff hidden in it....

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1703 on: August 30, 2018, 10:27:18 AM »
That's hilarious. Reminds me of the scene in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when Jay thinks his girlfriend blew up in the van, and the epic choir in the background is dramatically singing, "JUSTICE IS DEAD... OR SO JAY THINKS!"  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1704 on: August 30, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »
Of course it was on YouTube...

https://youtu.be/u0pt-hONuSA

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1705 on: August 30, 2018, 12:41:45 PM »
So I rented Deadpool 2 and watched it a couple times while being a lazy fuck, and not sure if anyone else noticed this, but in the climactic fight with Juggernaut, the epic operatic music in the background has the choir repeating "oh holy....o holy shitballs...o fuck...o fucking shitballs"

That part was awesome. Took me a couple seconds for my ears to pick up on what was being said  :lol

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1706 on: August 30, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »

They replay that music at the end of the closing credits, as well.  It's a lot easier to hear what they're saying without all the other sounds going on.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1707 on: August 30, 2018, 04:41:28 PM »
Just got an Iron First recc'n from Netflix in my Inbox - September 7th.  Shit, I still haven't watch S2 of Luke Cage!  jingle.son and I just finished Agents of Shield a couple weeks back.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1708 on: August 30, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »
Just got an Iron First recc'n from Netflix in my Inbox - September 7th.  Shit, I still haven't watch S2 of Luke Cage!  jingle.son and I just finished Agents of Shield a couple weeks back.

Couple days of neglecting life will rectify that...

Online Adami

« Reply #1709 on: August 30, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »

I can't tell what the general consensus is on LC season 2, but I really really loved it. A lot. But, it's very slow and character driven. There isn't a ton of action. I feel like a good amount of people may have disliked it because it came right off one of the big Marvel movies and people were hoping for a lot of fast, action, adrenaline stuff. If you want great character arcs though, you'll love it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1710 on: August 30, 2018, 06:28:19 PM »

I can't tell what the general consensus is on LC season 2, but I really really loved it. A lot. But, it's very slow and character driven. There isn't a ton of action. I feel like a good amount of people may have disliked it because it came right off one of the big Marvel movies and people were hoping for a lot of fast, action, adrenaline stuff. If you want great character arcs though, you'll love it.

I was waaaaaaay late to the LC S2 party (just finished it last week), but I liked it much much more than S1. Don't know how I feel about the ending, though (should I post spoilers?).

Anyway, really looking forward to IF season 2 :metal

Online Adami

« Reply #1711 on: August 30, 2018, 06:31:05 PM »

I was waaaaaaay late to the LC S2 party (just finished it last week), but I liked it much much more than S1. Don't know how I feel about the ending, though (should I post spoilers?).

Anyway, really looking forward to IF season 2 :metal

I totally agree on the ending.

Also, the fact that I'm also excited for IF season 2 is 100% due to Luke Cage season 2.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1712 on: August 31, 2018, 09:23:42 PM »
Agreed, it seems they did a revamp on Danny's character from his cameo episode in LC S2, so hopefully the second season will be a vast improvement.

Online Adami

« Reply #1713 on: August 31, 2018, 09:33:43 PM »
Indeed. I admit I haven't read much Iron Fist comics, but I've read a ton of comics where he is there, and he's always sort of a pretty fun, often goofy guy who knows when to be serious. That's why I was surprised that the Netflix version was so serious and broody all the time.

Kind of the opposite with Drax. Very serious character in the comics turned into a (very funny) one note joke character.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1714 on: September 01, 2018, 04:13:47 AM »
Some instances of Comic-Drax have him as a complete doofus, but not funny.  I like how Marvel Studios made his imbecilic nature more comedic.