Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 248502 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1470 on: May 07, 2018, 12:42:02 PM »
Don't remember the order but I seem to remember the text appears right before the beginning of the post-credits scene. Either way it was there.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1471 on: May 07, 2018, 01:04:26 PM »
Well, unless you were there in the same theatre as I, it wasn't.   ;)  Not sure why, but I was waiting for it / anything, and there was nothing.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1472 on: May 07, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »
It's definitely there. People had a major reaction to it opening night.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1473 on: May 07, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »
Saw an article that talked about how Stark's conversation to Fury at the Barton farm in AOU foreshadowed the ending in Infinity War.  My reaction to reading it was:  "???  Well, duh.  You'd have to not be paying very close attention to have not picked up on that."

But that also got me thinking and I made another connection.  When Stark is justifying creating Ultron in the first place, he makes the connection back to the battle of New York.  And, pointing to space, he says "that's the endgame."  Again, duh.  But it just struck me that, although "endgame" is  common phrase, and its use in Infinity War may have been completely coincidental, it's cool that Dr. Strange said to Stark that they are "in the endgame" at that point. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1474 on: May 07, 2018, 02:44:15 PM »
The only thing that's really confusing me about the film is the exchange Thanos and Stark have toward the end of the movie. Thanos calls him "Stark," and Tony responds with something like, "You know who I am?" and Thanos kind of dryly replies, "I do. You're not the only one cursed with knowledge."

They wouldn't have put that line in there if there wasn't some significance to it... what do you think that means? He knew about Howard Stark? Perhaps learned some info from the Battle of New York?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1475 on: May 07, 2018, 03:01:42 PM »
Well, unless you were there in the same theatre as I, it wasn't.   ;)  Not sure why, but I was waiting for it / anything, and there was nothing.

It is there. Maybe you looked away for an instant?? But it is there.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1476 on: May 07, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »
Are we still talking about "Thanos will return"?  I definitely saw it, and I've only see the movie once.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1477 on: May 07, 2018, 04:59:42 PM »
Are we still talking about "Thanos will return"?  I definitely saw it, and I've only see the movie once.

Yup.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1478 on: May 07, 2018, 05:06:54 PM »
Maybe part of the problem was that it was only written in English and not Canadian?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #1479 on: May 07, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »
Maybe part of the problem was that it was only written in English and not Canadian?

This is a good point. Did you see, “Thanos is wicked soory, eh”?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1480 on: May 07, 2018, 06:04:11 PM »
 :rollin

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1481 on: May 07, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #1482 on: May 07, 2018, 07:18:53 PM »
Language!

The only thing that's really confusing me about the film is the exchange Thanos and Stark have toward the end of the movie. Thanos calls him "Stark," and Tony responds with something like, "You know who I am?" and Thanos kind of dryly replies, "I do. You're not the only one cursed with knowledge."

They wouldn't have put that line in there if there wasn't some significance to it... what do you think that means? He knew about Howard Stark? Perhaps learned some info from the Battle of New York?

Well, A) Tony Stark did redirect a nuclear missile right into one of Thanos's armies and B) I've heard it said that the soul stone gives Thanos the power to see and/or know about everyone in the universe.

Also, yes, "Thanos will return" is definitely in the movie. It occurs a couple of seconds after the post-credits scene. I missed it on my first viewing, but caught it on my second.

Aaaannnnd changing the subject, we got a new trailer for Luke Cage season 2 today. It looks pretty cool ngl

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1483 on: May 07, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »
I guess you're right. I mean, I know Thanos knows of that attack, I just didn't think he had any actual knowledge of who Iron Man/Tony Stark actually was since we've never had any hint of that. I thought maybe that line was foreshadowing some stuff in A4 which would be awesome, a flashback would be nice or something.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1484 on: May 07, 2018, 08:24:07 PM »
Language!

Aaaannnnd changing the subject, we got a new trailer for Luke Cage season 2 today. It looks pretty cool ngl

I have it from a very trusted source that it's tremendously good. (I'm rather close to someone who gets to see the premieres)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: May 07, 2018, 09:30:05 PM »
jingle.son and I still have yet to watch JJ S2.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1486 on: May 08, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
Looking at the MCU release schedule in the rearview mirror from Infinity War, I just have to say:  Man, that deal with Fox for Spidey happened JUST in time.  He's one of my favorite characters, and we got just enough of him in Civil War and Homecoming to set up his role in Infinity War.  Any later, and his role would not have worked nearly as well.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1487 on: May 08, 2018, 11:23:36 AM »
Looking at the MCU release schedule in the rearview mirror from Infinity War, I just have to say:  Man, that deal with Fox Sony for Spidey happened JUST in time. 

Fixed.   :)   They worked in partnership with Sony for Spiderman Homecoming, while Sony let them use him in Civil War.

The Fox deal is what Disney is currently working on and what may give Marvel access to X-Men and Fantastic Four characters. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1488 on: May 08, 2018, 11:32:57 AM »
Oops.  Yeah, thanks for the correction.  :) 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1489 on: May 08, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
Looking at the MCU release schedule in the rearview mirror from Infinity War, I just have to say:  Man, that deal with Fox for Spidey happened JUST in time.  He's one of my favorite characters, and we got just enough of him in Civil War and Homecoming to set up his role in Infinity War.  Any later, and his role would not have worked nearly as well.

+1. Couldn't be happier with how Marvel has included Spidey and I also couldn't be happier with Tom Holland in the role and hope he stays for a good long time.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1490 on: May 08, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »

+1. Couldn't be happier with how Marvel has included Spidey and I also couldn't be happier with Tom Holland in the role and hope he stays for a good long time.

But they just killed off the character??

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1491 on: May 08, 2018, 12:48:20 PM »
 :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1492 on: May 08, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »
One thing I am curious about going forward is whether we will find out anything about what happened on Knowhere, since gaining the reality stone was done completely off screen.  I mean, yes, Thanos got the power stone by destroying Xandar off screen as well.  But we basically know what we need to know in that situation.  The reality stone is a bit different, as there were loose ends that I think at least some people are curious about. 

For one thing, after the Collector's place basically blew up in Guardians I, we didn't even know if the Collector would still be there and if the stone was somehow lost/taken.  I guess we can now assume that he rebuilt and that the stone stayed there until Thanos came.

The more important detail is whether Thanos took it by force, whether the Collector gave it to him, or something else.  The Collector's comment in the end-credits scene after Thor:TDW was cryptic.  It clearly showed that he was out to collect the stones.  But for himself?  For Thanos?  For someone else? 

Maybe none of that is relevant.  But by the same token, it could be VERY relevant, especially if the Collector/Grandmaster theories floating around out there have anything to them. 

Offline Adami

« Reply #1493 on: May 08, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »
I can't say for sure, but Knowhere and the Collector's place being completely destroyed suggests that Thanos took it by force and may have even killed him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1494 on: May 08, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
It certainly does seem to suggest that he took it by force.  But killed the Collector?  I'm not so sure.  I know the MCU is its own thing and doesn't necessarily take ANYTHING in the books as canon.  But for something as major as killing off one of the elders of the universe to just happen off screen...I dunno.  I am not ruling out the possibility of the Collector having his own agenda and coming back to play a role in A4. 

Do you think he's dead?

Offline Adami

« Reply #1495 on: May 08, 2018, 01:14:20 PM »
It certainly does seem to suggest that he took it by force.  But killed the Collector?  I'm not so sure.  I know the MCU is its own thing and doesn't necessarily take ANYTHING in the books as canon.  But for something as major as killing off one of the elders of the universe to just happen off screen...I dunno.  I am not ruling out the possibility of the Collector having his own agenda and coming back to play a role in A4. 

Do you think he's dead?

Unlikely. I have no idea how they're doing the Elders in the movie, but in the comics it's not exactly easy to kill them.

That said, I doubt the Elders have a major role beyond what we've seen. I can see them returning, but not in much bigger roles.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: May 08, 2018, 03:06:08 PM »
Yeah, the Collector has NOT be portrayed in the movies as anything even close to how significant he is in the comics.  I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos did kill Movie-Collector, and it's never discussed he (in the comics) is an Elder.  Just like Grandmaster... they didn't really talk about his significance in Ragnarok.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1497 on: May 08, 2018, 05:20:53 PM »
Interesting:

Of course, there have been rumblings that Gamora was actually zapped inside the Soul Stone – ditto for all those characters reduced to dust – but at least according to Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, most of Infinity War‘s deaths are permanent, after all.

Said Markus:

"Avengers 4 doesn’t do what you think it does. It is a different movie than you think it is. Also…[the deaths are] real. I just want to tell you it’s real, and the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to move on to the next sage of grief."

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/avengers-4-deaths/

Offline Adami

« Reply #1498 on: May 08, 2018, 05:27:29 PM »
Black Panther 2: Rise of Shuri
Spider-Man 2: Miles Moralis
Guardians of the Galaxy 3: The adventures of Rocket and Nebula.

Honestly, I'm happy as long as everyone pre-snap is gone for good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1499 on: May 08, 2018, 05:39:07 PM »
I want to see a poster with a purple finger stretching toward an old Atari reset button, titled: "Avengers 4: What Does This Button Do?"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1500 on: May 08, 2018, 05:52:58 PM »
Sure, the deaths are *real*, but that doesn't mean any weilder of the Gauntlent can't make their resurrection just as *real*.

I saw a theory that everyone who evaporated went to a different world/reality, and those that "survived" are the ones actually dead - or in some different kind of reality.  Not sure how much I can buy that, as most of them watched themselves dissolve.

Either way, I'm sure A4 will be just as bitchin.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #1501 on: May 08, 2018, 07:28:38 PM »
Black Panther 2: Rise of Shuri
Spider-Man 2: Miles Moralis
Guardians of the Galaxy 3: The adventures of Rocket and Nebula.

Honestly, I'm happy as long as everyone pre-snap is gone for good.

Although, on this note, I'm surprised almost no one has even been considering the possibility that the movie announcements post A4 were red herrings or just straight up lies. It's not likely I think, given contractual obligations, but it is a possibility.

It's alright, but definitely not as good as season one. Most of the focus is on her character development and it's really a [wo]man vs self conflict throughout, which I've seen a lot of people online not really understand.

I can't say for sure, but Knowhere and the Collector's place being completely destroyed suggests that Thanos took it by force and may have even killed him.

That's what I assumed both times I watched the movie.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1502 on: May 08, 2018, 09:29:39 PM »

It's alright, but definitely not as good as season one. Most of the focus is on her character development and it's really a [wo]man vs self conflict throughout, which I've seen a lot of people online not really understand.

I liked it much more than season 1, though.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Adami

« Reply #1503 on: May 08, 2018, 09:32:45 PM »
Season two of JJ was incredible. I'd put elements of it above season one and elements of it below season one.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1504 on: May 08, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »
There were good and bad parts to it. It's tough since Killgrave was such a perfect villain, so I think living up to that would have been an impossible chore, but the angle they went with it avoided having to live up to it altogether. There were some storylines that were just way to predictable (specifically Trish and the 'drug' story, that got old af really quick), but overall it was good stuff.