Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 250709 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1400 on: May 01, 2018, 11:24:26 AM »
To be fair to everyone... spoilers contained below.

I kinda see DoC's point as it relates to the fact that known there are forthcoming movies with Chadwick Boseman and Tom Holland are already in the works (if not filming), thus it throws an undeniable knowledge that the fate of those characters is not quite final.

However, despite the fact we 'know' the outcome (to some extent), it doesn't make *how* that outcome is achieved any less interesting.  It was no different in the comics... it's not like anytime there is a character death, that's the end of that character.  I look at all of these as comic books coming to life on the big screen.  There are certain continuities that exist (across different series') and some that don't.  Steve Rogers was killed in the Civil War comic storyline... but that wasn't the end of Steve Rogers in the Marvel Comic Universe.

The possibilities of how Rocket/Nebula/Rhodey + the original Avengers and Captain Marvel 'save the day' has me just as excited as what Infinity War was going to be in the first place.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1401 on: May 01, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
 Yesterday, they were teasing that the new Ant-man trailer would solve the mystery of where Ant-man was during infinity war. They lied...but it’s still a pretty cool trailer.

https://youtu.be/UUkn-enk2RU
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1402 on: May 01, 2018, 11:28:45 AM »
Yesterday, they were teasing that the new Ant-man trailer would solve the mystery of where Ant-man was during infinity war. They lied...but it’s still a pretty cool trailer.

He’s under house arrest.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1403 on: May 01, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »

He’s under house arrest.

Ooooohhhhhhhhh.  That explains his location. I still find it suspect that everyone from that series of films survived.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1404 on: May 01, 2018, 01:01:51 PM »
Guys, remember when the Star Lord group arrives and Knowhere and Thanos is interrogating the Collector? He's stomping on Benicio Del Toro and saying "Where is the stone? Where is the stone?

https://youtu.be/BvfTNRsVGlM?t=46

:biggrin:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1405 on: May 01, 2018, 03:45:15 PM »
The main reason knowledge of future movies and an immediate assumption that many of the deaths will not be permanent did nothing to taint my experience is that the finger snapping scene and the following scenes were so damn well executed. How they chose to show people beginning to evaporate was pretty chilling. No music, just the sound of an ominous wind, with a lot of really tough people just being confused and really afraid. Spider-Man was probably the most effective, watching someone that young beg in panic not to die was incredibly emotionally effective. Those characters don’t know that there are sequels in production, they don’t know that there is likely a way to fix this. They’re just afraid as they’re dying/watching their friends desintegrate before their eyes. Empathy for them is why it’s effective and powerful.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1406 on: May 01, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »
I agree.  We know that in the comics, "no one stays dead permanently" but the characters themselves don't.  Watching those scenes, one after another, of various characters disappearing, was pretty intense.

Spider-Man's was a gut-punch, but Nick Fury's was the best, for other (hopefully obvious) reasons.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1407 on: May 01, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »
^ Nailed it!

Nick Fury ... "Mother F".....   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1408 on: May 01, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »
I loved Fury's reaction. That was hilarious. Marvel does post-credits scenes so wonderfully. They give just enough to give you an idea of what's coming but also raise a ton of questions to build hype. I can't freaking wait for Captain Marvel and I don't know jack about her other than she's basically the Marvel counterpart to Superman. I wonder if her mom is named Martha.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1409 on: May 01, 2018, 05:39:50 PM »
I was reading an interview with Kevin Feige where he mentioned that they are probably going to stop diving the movies into phases and most likely phase 3 is the last time they categorize these movies. He also mentioned that the character landscape will undergo a reorganization of sorts. I'm very interested to see the next 2 movies now and absolutely cannot wait for Avengers 4.

Worth a read
https://collider.com/kevin-feige-interview-avengers-4/
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Adami

« Reply #1410 on: May 01, 2018, 06:39:58 PM »
Making my prediction for the Avengers 4 title.

Infinity Revelation.

I think gauntlet would be too obvious. But you never know.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1411 on: May 01, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »
jingle.son hypothesized "Avengers: End Game".  It's quite possible it doesn't include Infinity.  If it does, it technically should be Infinity Gauntlet.

Just so long as it isn't "Infinity Crusade"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1412 on: May 01, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »
Well, he's definitely ruled out Infinity Gauntlet. Kevin Feige, that is. They've also said it's a spoiler for Infinity War, somehow. So, with that in mind... I have no idea. Avengers: Soul Sacrifice maybe? Sacrificed Sons? I dunno.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1413 on: May 01, 2018, 07:11:07 PM »
Just got back from round two. So much more entertaining the second time, had the presence of mind to really dig into the finer details without being so in awe of the enormity of the story. They didn't miss much in the way of details for me, such an outstanding job. Also, when the credits started rolling, I took a glance at the crowd behind and all I saw was...

:omg: :omg: :'( :'( :-[ :'( :omg: :omg: :omg: :'( :-[ :-[ :-[

Also found this gem...

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1414 on: May 01, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »
Per a Q&A with one of the Russos at his old high school, Tom Holland improv'd Spiderman's death scene.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1415 on: May 01, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »
I think I popped the most with Red Skull's appearance.

Thor at the end was epic as fuck too.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1416 on: May 02, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »

I was like WHOAAAAA when Thor threw his new hammer/axe to Thanos and he couldn't stop it, even with the gauntlet :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1417 on: May 02, 2018, 02:12:26 PM »

I was like WHOAAAAA when Thor threw his new hammer/axe to Thanos and he couldn't stop it, even with the gauntlet :hefdaddy

If it was a one-off movie, would have been a great ending (dying before he has a chance to activate the gauntlet).

I can’t help envisioning possible epic death scenes for Steve Rogers next year. I’m picturing him being mortally wounded and clasping Stark’s hand and saying something like “It’s ok Tony, this isn’t the world I wanted to come back to anyway” and then Tony tearfully and angrily saying “I will avenge you”. Too cheesy? I love the character and it would be emotional for me anyway.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #1418 on: May 02, 2018, 02:38:43 PM »
Avengers: Infinity War was quite a ride!

I had read the synopsis beforehand, but it did not ruin the emotional moments for me. Gamora's death scene was my favorite scene in the movie. The sheer amount of stuff that is crammed into this movie is pretty astounding. It's a borderline miracle that the movie doesn't crash under it's own weight.

And are we really supposed to believe that Marvel is going to kill the Avengers, who are signed to do more movies for the studio? :lol They are not going to kill their future golden goose franchises like that. I have a feeling that some time travel/ alternate universe shenanigans are involved in the Avengers 4. :biggrin:

Online Adami

« Reply #1419 on: May 02, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »
So there's the theory that past snap people aren't dead but moved to like the Soul Stone, that's why they drifted away instead of actually dying or simply vanishing.

But based on interviews with Zoey Saldana, seems like she really is done. I don't care if they bring back everyone from the snap, that isn't supposed to be shocking, but I also hope everyone who died pre-snap stays dead.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1420 on: May 02, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »
But based on interviews with Zoey Saldana, seems like she really is done. I don't care if they bring back everyone from the snap, that isn't supposed to be shocking, but I also hope everyone who died pre-snap stays dead.

My thoughts as well
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #1421 on: May 02, 2018, 03:24:23 PM »

My thoughts as well

Third. Like I said, her death scene was my favorite scene in the movie. Having her and all those who died before the final scene come back, would cheapen this movie in my eyes

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1422 on: May 02, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »

My thoughts as well

Third. Like I said, her death scene was my favorite scene in the movie. Having her and all those who died before the final scene come back, would cheapen this movie in my eyes

Wouldn't surprise me if she makes a come back... after all, she died in the world/area where the Soul gem was.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1423 on: May 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »
Yeah, I can see Gamora coming back as well. Loki and Vision are toast though. and I feel at least a few who survived the 'snap' are gonna bite it in the reversal process, I'd guess Thor and Cap.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: May 02, 2018, 04:45:55 PM »
Yeah, I can see Gamora coming back as well. Loki and Vision are toast though. and I feel at least a few who survived the 'snap' are gonna bite it in the reversal process, I'd guess Thor and Cap.

There's a theory that Vision might be salvageable... he does take a form that is 'color-less' in the comics.  I think Thor Odinson and Steve Rogers are gonna bite it though (ie, there may be another Thor and/or Captain America).  I think both Chris' have hinted insomuch that they've had their fill of Marvel movies - I think partially because of the physical demands - ya notice how there were no shots showing off Cap's/Evans' physique this movie?  It's probably time to move on from those characters.  I just don't know what Tony's fate is going to be.  And really, can there be any other Tony Stark than RDJr?

Loki's done; Heimdall's done.  Beyond that, I really don't know. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1425 on: May 02, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »
Chris Evans is still in plenty good shape, lol.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1426 on: May 02, 2018, 07:53:27 PM »
Anyone remember Valkyrie?  Yeah, me neither.  The chick that they got when they couldn't get Jaimie Alexander (Lady Sif) back for Thor: Ragnarok.  At the end of Ragnarok, Valkyrie was with Thor, Hulk, Loki and Heimdall.  Then at the beginning of Infinity War, the others are all there but she's nowhere to be seen.

Apparently she's alive?

Online Adami

« Reply #1427 on: May 02, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »
Anyone remember Valkyrie?  Yeah, me neither.  The chick that they got when they couldn't get Jaimie Alexander (Lady Sif) back for Thor: Ragnarok.  At the end of Ragnarok, Valkyrie was with Thor, Hulk, Loki and Heimdall.  Then at the beginning of Infinity War, the others are all there but she's nowhere to be seen.

Apparently she's alive?

Everyone remembers Valkyrie. She was the breakout star of the whole movie.

And yes, she's alive. Thor even mentioned that Thanos killed half the Asgaurdians, not all of them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1428 on: May 02, 2018, 08:04:01 PM »
Was she really the breakout star?  Serious question.  I only saw Ragnarok once, and I was so busy trying to figure out if it was really happening or I was too stoned or something because everything seemed so over-the-top.  The evil sibling that "comes back" even though she's never even been mentioned before and she's super-powerful and crushes Thor's hammer in her hand and chews scenery like it was cereal with milk and what the fuck is Odin dead now and Thor got a haircut and hey there's the Asian dude oh yeah I guess they're all there except Lady Sif ha ha bummer I guess they wouldn't give her time off from her TV show that no one watches but they got some other chick "named" Valkyrie and I put that in quotes because a Valkyrie is a class of warriors not really someone's name but hey she's badass and pretty hot but there was so much other shit going on in that movie that I really didn't even remember her.  Then someone pointed out that she wasn't in Infinity War and I went Oh yeah, her.

Online Adami

« Reply #1429 on: May 02, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »
To answer your question.

Yes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1430 on: May 02, 2018, 08:12:30 PM »
Valkyrie? Tessa Thompson??

Yup. I remember her  :heart

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1431 on: May 02, 2018, 08:14:34 PM »
Korg and Mieke were also not shown as slain either.

And yeah... Bob... you were probably too baked - during the movie, and that last post.   :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1432 on: May 02, 2018, 10:17:30 PM »
Not sure how I missed this, but I just realized that the first Iron Man was released in the US exactly 10 years ago today.   So I guess that means the MCU is officially 10 years old. 

19 movies and I don’t know how many TV series later....and I can honestly say I haven’t seen a single thing I didn’t at least enjoy.  (I have avoided the Inhumans).   Seriously, even though they are on the bottom of my list, I even have fun when I watch Thor 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 3.   They are not amazing films, but if that’s the worst Marvel can dish out, it’s still better than half of the popcorn movies in existence.   

I’d say its been a pretty amazing 10 years.   Congrats to Marvel.   IMO, they have now become the greatest franchise in the history of cinema. 

Offline bill1971

« Reply #1433 on: May 02, 2018, 10:29:25 PM »
Fun thread. I absolutely loved Infinity War. I was worried about Thanos but he was just as interesting as any of the heroes. I also loved how purpose driven he was. When he obtained a stone he moved on, he didn't have to kill or capture everyone he faced. He often times had respect for them.

That ending was crushing. People say it's not as impactful because the heroes won't stay dead but that did not all diminish the gravity of the situation. I knew damn well Han Solo wasn't going to die* but seeing him being put in Carbonite with Leia and Chewis looking on is still emotional. And lucky we don't have to wait three years to see this conclusion.

*At that time. :)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1434 on: May 03, 2018, 06:43:34 AM »
BTW, I really thought IW brought back the quality in patented Marvel one liners.

"Who's your Master?"

"What am I supposed to say, Jesus?"

:lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens