Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 252206 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1225 on: March 27, 2018, 09:54:14 PM »
I feel like the Hawkeye thing has to be intentional. It can't be THAT much of an oversight.

Plus, that silly Hawkeye poster I posted earlier, the directors of Infinity War have made it their official profile picture.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1226 on: March 27, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »
POSSIBLE SPOILERS HERE

Apparently, Barton has taken the mantle of Ronin, so showing him on the trailers would be a big spoiler.
There's a leaked photo of Jeremy Renner wearing part of the Ronin suit from the Infinity War set.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1227 on: March 28, 2018, 08:44:16 AM »
I feel like the Hawkeye thing has to be intentional. It can't be THAT much of an oversight.

Plus, that silly Hawkeye poster I posted earlier, the directors of Infinity War have made it their official profile picture.

The directors addressed Hawkeye recently and said that he has been doing his own thing since Civil War and it will be explained in the film.  I think the spoilery post above alludes to it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1228 on: March 28, 2018, 12:27:39 PM »
Just saw a link to an article claiming that a spoiler was just dropped about the ending of Infinity War.  Hard to say whether there is any truth to it or if it was just a click-bait false headline (the site it linked to is one of a handful of sources that regularly report on every little thing relating to Marvel, Star Wars, etc. that often has actual interviews with reliable sources, but also often has garbage that is taken out of context or exaggerated).  But it just highlighted to me personally that I think it is time to go dark on everything related to Infinity War. 

Regarding the Hawkeye thing, I have seen what you are referring to, Grapp.  That was first mentioned and the pic in question released a few weeks ago.  I don't know anything about the character/identity that is referenced, so I don't know the significance, if any, other than Hawkeye getting a new, cool-looking suit. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1229 on: March 28, 2018, 12:41:18 PM »
Just saw a link to an article claiming that a spoiler was just dropped about the ending of Infinity War.  Hard to say whether there is any truth to it or if it was just a click-bait false headline (the site it linked to is one of a handful of sources that regularly report on every little thing relating to Marvel, Star Wars, etc. that often has actual interviews with reliable sources, but also often has garbage that is taken out of context or exaggerated).  But it just highlighted to me personally that I think it is time to go dark on everything related to Infinity War. 

Regarding the Hawkeye thing, I have seen what you are referring to, Grapp.  That was first mentioned and the pic in question released a few weeks ago.  I don't know anything about the character/identity that is referenced, so I don't know the significance, if any, other than Hawkeye getting a new, cool-looking suit.

I keep seeing shit in my YT feed with thumb-nails and headings that might be spoilery.  The above spoiler - which would've been better to link the url for the images, rather than the images themselves... kinda hard to avoid it it when the pics are right there - was something I'd heard but like you Bosk, don't know the significance/relevance.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1230 on: March 28, 2018, 12:49:18 PM »
Yeah, I think I'll stay away from YT.  I should probably tell the boys to do the same (although they probably won't).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1231 on: March 28, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »
Problem is I follow a handful of other things there.   :-\
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1232 on: March 28, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
I am fine with maneuvering around spoilers online, and I think I'll be good, but what I fear most is standing in line on Saturday, the day after the premiere, and someone walking by spoiling the ending or who dies, like when people drove by shouting the huge secret spoiler in the 6th Harry Potter book when that came out. Jerks. Didn't happen with Star Wars though...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1233 on: March 28, 2018, 02:35:04 PM »
I am fine with maneuvering around spoilers online, and I think I'll be good, but what I fear most is standing in line on Saturday, the day after the premiere, and someone walking by spoiling the ending or who dies, like when people drove by shouting the huge secret spoiler in the 6th Harry Potter book when that came out. Jerks. Didn't happen with Star Wars though...

Two magical words....

Ear
Buds

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1234 on: March 28, 2018, 02:48:24 PM »
Two magical words....

Ear
Buds

I'm still not used to people being allowed to have that openly in public, and all the different state/fed laws are confusing.  You are allowed to have a certain number of buds, or is it by weight?  And how do they help you not get spoilers?  Is it because you are not coherent enough to get it?  I'm really confused.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1235 on: March 28, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »
They're a 'right' in Canada.  Your confusion does not surprise me, even though you're a NorCal guy.   :lol :lol

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #1236 on: March 28, 2018, 06:25:16 PM »
Finished Jessica Jones season 2. I liked it, although not quite as much as season 1.

I'm on Ep10, and still enjoying it, but yeah, it doesn't hold up to S1. Killgrave was an unmatched villain and pretty much stole the show.

I'm the opposite, I liked season 2 more than season 1. Kilgrave was fine, but i'm enjoying more the show without him.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1237 on: March 28, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »
I really loved season 2. I like Kilgrave more as a character than any of the antagonists here, but I might like this season, as a whole, more.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1238 on: March 28, 2018, 08:46:46 PM »
That's cool except you're both wrong. S1 is better. :P

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1239 on: March 28, 2018, 09:51:11 PM »
Don't know if I'd say "better"....but it's like my kids.   I like them both equally for different reasons.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1240 on: March 29, 2018, 04:24:35 AM »
Don't know if I'd say "better"....but it's like my kids.   I like them both equally for different reasons.

Yeah, but that's just what we tell our kids to make the less-loved ones feel better.   :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1241 on: March 29, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »
Yes.  And I really, truly do love jammindude and jingle.boy equally--but just differently and for different reasons.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1242 on: March 29, 2018, 11:06:59 AM »
Yes.  And I really, truly do love jammindude and jingle.boy equally--but just differently and for different reasons.

Bosk? Was I an accident?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1243 on: March 29, 2018, 11:17:47 AM »
I can neither confirm nor deny that allegation.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1244 on: March 29, 2018, 11:18:15 AM »

Bosk? Was I an accident?

Everything Bosk does is an accident.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1245 on: March 29, 2018, 11:24:00 AM »

Bosk? Was I an accident?

You were a happy surprise.

Stads on the other hand.......
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1246 on: March 29, 2018, 05:06:59 PM »

Bosk? Was I an accident?

Goddamn tequila...

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1247 on: March 29, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »

Bosk? Was I an accident?

I disagree.  ;D

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1248 on: April 03, 2018, 05:02:19 AM »
So any thoughts on who'll wind up dead on Infinity Wars?  Vision seems the obvious choice, I reckon we will lose one of Iron Man or Cap America (probably in the final shot) too, outside those I can also see Nebula dying too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1249 on: April 03, 2018, 05:19:55 AM »
Permanent deaths - Cap, Thor, Heimdall, Korg, Loki .... maybe Mantis, some of the Wakandan's

TBD - Wong, WarMachine, Falcon, either Nebula *or* Gamorha (the latter not being a permanent one though)

Not permanent - Spidey and maybe Iron Man.

Untouchable - Strange, BP, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Ant-Man, White Wolf, most of the Guardians.

Really don't know where Vision falls into this.  Part of me thinks that he might assume a similar role that Adam Warlock had in the Infinity Guantlet comic storyline.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1250 on: April 03, 2018, 07:52:53 AM »
I really don't feel invested in predicting who will die.  I just want a good story, independent of who lives or dies. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1251 on: April 06, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »
I chalk it up to just lowering my expectations.    I mean, you guys had me thinking that Iron Fist was going to be the Manos: The Hands of Fate version of Marvel.      Because I've lowered my expectations to THAT level....I'm actually enjoying Iron Fist.   :rollin :rollin

Offline Adami

« Reply #1252 on: April 06, 2018, 11:45:22 PM »
I chalk it up to just lowering my expectations.    I mean, you guys had me thinking that Iron Fist was going to be the Manos: The Hands of Fate version of Marvel.      Because I've lowered my expectations to THAT level....I'm actually enjoying Iron Fist.   :rollin :rollin

Oh no, that would be Inhumans.

Iron Fist just isn't good. It's not the worst thing ever. It's mostly perfectly watchable and sometimes even gets good. Colleen Wing is amazing. The Beacham people or whatever can be pretty good.

It's just Mr. I'm Danny Raaaaaaaand that ruins much of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1253 on: April 07, 2018, 04:36:35 AM »
I am the Danny Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1254 on: April 07, 2018, 01:24:16 PM »
While I like AoS, this ”science” about time is bullshit.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1255 on: April 07, 2018, 01:33:17 PM »
While I like AoS, this ”science” about time is bullshit.

Haven't seen the new episode yet, but I feel like that applies to almost every time travel story I've ever seen. Few exceptions, but mostly it comes off as nonsense convenient to the plot.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1256 on: April 10, 2018, 08:06:10 AM »
Finally began picking up the MCU on Blu-ray; started with Spiderman: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok. I saw Spidey in theaters, but Ragnarok was for the first time. What a fantastic movie - definitely top tier Marvel. Jeff Goldblum was killer. I really appreciate that they took a humorous route with Ragnarok, because honestly I don't like the first two Thor films: very cookie cutter, boring, overly serious superhero films with characters I never cared at all about. Even Heimdall is more enjoyable in this one. And the colors! They're so vibrant!

I really enjoyed how it opened with a fight against Surtur with Zeppelin playing. The whole film is a thrill from start to finish, and I love what they did with Hulk: they actually gave him character and some personality and even dialogue. He wasn't once again just a powerhouse monster, he was a person: and even when he was fighting, he actually felt some purpose. Winning, and pleasing the crowd. He was essentially a glorious gladiator, and I like that about Hulk. He doesn't need a standalone film (I ignore the one after Iron Man, it's just not interesting to me), he just needs to be utilized this well in other films.

Also, Dr. Strange. Did not expect him to be in it and I LOVED his scene!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1257 on: April 10, 2018, 11:06:35 AM »

The best part is when Loki tries to attack Strange :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1258 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:56 AM »

The best part is when Loki tries to attack Strange :rollin

"Okay, bye!" That killed me  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1259 on: April 10, 2018, 05:10:23 PM »
I SO want to do a marathon of all the films before Infinity War.  And I'm SO not going to have the time for anything close to that.  :lol 

Can't believe I'm so excited for this film.  But then again, this is something we have been building toward for ten years, so I guess it's understandable.