Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 252044 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1155 on: March 10, 2018, 07:26:50 PM »
Did anyone watch Shield’s 100 episode?  :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1156 on: March 10, 2018, 07:34:01 PM »
Did anyone watch Shield’s 100 episode?  :hefdaddy

It was good. But I expected a lot more for a landmark episode.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1157 on: March 10, 2018, 08:57:19 PM »
Still angry I have no reasonable method of watching the first 5 or 6 episodes of the new season.  >:( :censored
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1158 on: March 11, 2018, 10:25:20 AM »
I saw it. While I thought ”fear dimension” was a bit silly, I thought the emotional stuff and the reveal at the end made up for it.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1159 on: March 11, 2018, 09:30:09 PM »
Finished Jessica Jones season 2. I liked it, although not quite as much as season 1.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1160 on: March 11, 2018, 09:47:13 PM »
I saw it. While I thought ”fear dimension” was a bit silly, I thought the emotional stuff and the reveal at the end made up for it.

I have to say I enjoyed the previous episode more than this one, but it was still awesome and the reveal at the end was worth it.

Still angry I have no reasonable method of watching the first 5 or 6 episodes of the new season.  >:( :censored

I don't live in the US, so I can't watch the episodes when they air on TV, but I stream the show (and many others) online. It might not be the "official" way, but I can still be up to date with my series :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1161 on: March 11, 2018, 09:49:45 PM »
Finished Jessica Jones season 2. I liked it, although not quite as much as season 1.

I'm on Ep10, and still enjoying it, but yeah, it doesn't hold up to S1. Killgrave was an unmatched villain and pretty much stole the show.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1162 on: March 11, 2018, 10:14:40 PM »
I’m only on episode 2, but I more tune in for the psychological aspect of the play between characters....so, so far I have not been disappointed in the slightest.   

It’s a surprisingly well written and subdued season so far.   I’m far more interested in the drama between characters and wordplay than I am about action.   

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1163 on: March 12, 2018, 03:43:51 AM »
Yeah, one of JJ’s biggest strengths were characters and dialogue, and all of that is just as good here in season 2. The story is just a little weaker. Still really good though, for the most part.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1164 on: March 12, 2018, 07:57:47 AM »
In other news, picked up the Ragnarok BR/DVD this weekend.  I might even like it more the second time through.  My only real complaints are the same ones I had originally:
-The scope just seems a bit too small.  For Asgard to have been big and powerful enough to keep peace throughout the 9 realms, it just felt like a small, sparsely populated city, rather than a major civilization with galactic import.
-Related to that, I just never felt the weight of the threat and doom of Ragnarok. 

But aside from that, I really enjoyed it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1165 on: March 12, 2018, 08:18:13 AM »
jingle.kids and I just watched Age of Ultron last night.  I still very much enjoy this movie.  Ant-Man next.  The way that we're pacing this out, and given how good Black Panther is doing in the theatres, it might just still be playing in mid-April, so I'm contemplating a 2nd viewing the week before Infinity War.

I also picked up Ragnarok on BlueRay, and (despite not having re-watched it yet), very much agree with Bosk's sentiments regarding Asgard.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1166 on: March 12, 2018, 08:40:35 AM »
I like Jessica Jones season 2 thus far but I am really missing a big threat thus far, Killgrave elevated season 1 from decent to really good for me personally. And overall it moves really slow, like Luke Cage and The Defenders.

Also, why do these recent Netflix Marvel shows look like they have the budget of a cardboard box? I see stuff like Altered Carbon and really wonder why Whizzer's powers look straight up like a youtuber produced spoof of a superhero. I am not asking for big spectacles or anything, but when there are special effects, they look bad. And most sets have been really boring in some of the last seasons as well (especially the Defenders). Though I thought the Punisher looked good and felt atmospheric throughout.

In other news, picked up the Ragnarok BR/DVD this weekend.  I might even like it more the second time through.  My only real complaints are the same ones I had originally:
-The scope just seems a bit too small.  For Asgard to have been big and powerful enough to keep peace throughout the 9 realms, it just felt like a small, sparsely populated city, rather than a major civilization with galactic import.
-Related to that, I just never felt the weight of the threat and doom of Ragnarok. 

But aside from that, I really enjoyed it.

I agree. And I think they could've fairly easily fixed that by having a fleet of ships instead of one at the end and have larger crowds here and there (just show a fleet of ships in the background and focus on the one Thor and co are at). Wakanda in Black Panther had somewhat the same issue for me personally at times.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1167 on: March 12, 2018, 08:41:59 AM »
To put it another way, Waititi seems like almost a genius when it comes to character, dialog, and scene blocking.  And he seems like a really good storyteller as well.  He just doesn't know how to convey such a huge scope, which I think Ragnarok required (but then again, I think he nailed it pretty well with Sakaar, so... :dunno:).  But he is so good at the other things that the flaws are easy to overlook.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1168 on: March 12, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »
Wakanda in Black Panther had somewhat the same issue for me personally at times.

Yeah, I agree.  But Wakanda is trickier, IMO.  They can't seem TOO big, because they have remained hidden throughout the ages.  But given the apparently vast geography, the population--and, specifically, the size of their army--did feel too small.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1169 on: March 16, 2018, 07:47:08 AM »
Photobucket sucks.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1170 on: March 16, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
HOLYSHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

"I'm Peter, by the way."
"Dr. Strange."
"Oh, we're using our made-up names now, well, I'm Spider-man"  :rollin

The line, "I hope they remember you" gave me goosebumps. Friend's buying our IMAX tickets shortly, can't wait.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1171 on: March 16, 2018, 10:25:43 AM »
Got Thursday night tix- dead centre of the theatre. IMAX 3D

Thought the trailer was ok... was kinda hoping for a bit more to be revealed.

I'm still calling Cap and Thor to bite the dust. Others as well, but those two being the biggest.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1172 on: March 16, 2018, 12:03:45 PM »
That's...new, you want more revealed in a trailer? I mean, more will be revealed in...y'know, the full movie.  :lol

It was a good trailer, I thought; hyped up and showed a bit of story (but on the other end of the aforementioned thought process, I think less is more with trailers) while showing the BOOM BANG POW scenes. It comes out on my birthday but I don't think I'll be seeing it on the day of...I don't wanna be packed in like a sardine. I'll definitely try to see the next two (and presumably last of the years in the making story at the moment) in theaters.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Adami

« Reply #1173 on: March 16, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »
Good trailer. Glad they didn't reveal much more.

I wouldn't worry Jingle, about 3 weeks leading into the movie, Marvel will start releasing TV spots that should show about 3/4 of the movie to you ahead of time.

I got my IMAX tickets Thursday night of but at 1030. Gonna be a late night.

Also that scene of Cap actually giving Thanos a proper challenge is great.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:59:55 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1174 on: March 16, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
I wouldn't worry Jingle, about 3 weeks leading into the movie, Marvel will start releasing TV spots that should show about 3/4 of the movie to you ahead of time.

That's the thing... I don't want TOO much, just was hoping for a bit more - but respect they don't want to blow some of the big reveal stuff.  I watched everything that was put out leading up to Age of Ultron - all the spots, character spotlights, featurette's, TV spots... I'd basically seen about 20 minutes of the movie before it even opened.  I hated myself for it.  Now, the ONLY thing I watch is the official trailers.  If I see a TV spot, ok - but I DVR most TV anyway, so hardly see anything.

So, all the clips still show Thanos with 2 (perhaps 3) stones - Power and Space.  My guess is that the Reality is on his thumb, we just never seen an angle with it.  So, he's on Earth to get Time and Mind, and the Soul stone is still a mystery - at least based on all the clips to date.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1175 on: March 16, 2018, 01:35:44 PM »
That's a really good trailer.  As most of Marvel's are.  But I feel like the Infinity War trailers are up there will the ones for Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Ragnarok in terms of really raising the anticipation. 

Online Adami

« Reply #1176 on: March 16, 2018, 03:14:40 PM »
That's a really good trailer.  As most of Marvel's are.  But I feel like the Infinity War trailers are up there will the ones for Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Ragnarok in terms of really raising the anticipation.

Yea, I think no matter how good this movie is, it'll get a lot of "meh, not as good as I hoped"

At this point all but casual fans are essentially writing their own versions in their head and when this movie doesn't match up to it, they'll be disappointed.

All I'm reading about is the damn soul stone and who will die. Somehow, most people aren't too interested in discussing the storyline, characters or much else besides the soul stone and who will die.

Feige recently said that he was inspired by the finale for Star Trek TNG where no one died, but there was a sense of personal character arc closure. So I think we're all going in just watching it, waiting for someone like Iron Man or Cap to die, and won't be too invested in what is actually happening.

It's like when you find out there's a cameo or something in a movie, so you watch it waiting for it, and aren't really engaged for much else.

Shame. Hopefully I'm wrong.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1177 on: March 16, 2018, 04:03:36 PM »
Yeah, I hear you.  But then again, on this forum, I tend to pretty frequently beat the drum of, "can't we just set aside expectations and enjoy this for what it is?" 

Online Adami

« Reply #1178 on: March 16, 2018, 05:05:35 PM »
Yeah, I hear you.  But then again, on this forum, I tend to pretty frequently beat the drum of, "can't we just set aside expectations and enjoy this for what it is?"

I expect not.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1179 on: March 16, 2018, 07:44:38 PM »
Apparently Infinity War has already sold more tickets, after going on sale this morning, than Black Panther. Jeeze. I knew this movie was hyped, but holy cow. This thing is going to absolutely kill at the box office...

Kamelot is playing in Chicago on release night so I gotta catch it the next day. I hope I can avoid spoilers for at least 24 hours.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Adami

« Reply #1180 on: March 16, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »
Apparently Infinity War has already sold more tickets, after going on sale this morning, than Black Panther. Jeeze. I knew this movie was hyped, but holy cow. This thing is going to absolutely kill at the box office...

Kamelot is playing in Chicago on release night so I gotta catch it the next day. I hope I can avoid spoilers for at least 24 hours.

I will be DMing you every single spoiler.

Every. Single. Spoiler.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1181 on: March 16, 2018, 08:16:27 PM »
Given that Black Panther (in the timeline) happens a week after Civil War, jingle.kids and I are gonna go Ant-Man - Civil War - Black Panther - Spidey - Dr. Strange - Ragnarok in the coming weeks.  That way, we still get BP in some decent sized theatres.  Plus, jingle.daughter didn't join us on release day, but now wants to see it.

Online Adami

« Reply #1182 on: March 16, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
Yea the timeline raises some questions.

According to Scarlet, which isn't necessary official info, Infinity War takes place like 2-3 years after Civil War. That would mean Spidey is about 18 or so years old. So will Spiderman 2 go back in time or have him be like 18+?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: March 16, 2018, 09:03:45 PM »
Yeah... same with that Collider link someone posted a while back.  Spidey movies seem to disregard his age and the timeline in the MCU.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1184 on: March 16, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »

Every. Single. Spoiler.

Look, if you want me to log out forever that badly, just say so  :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #1185 on: March 16, 2018, 10:38:16 PM »

Every. Single. Spoiler.

I know who you are. I know what you want. If you are looking for cinematic bliss, I can tell you I don't have empathy, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop trying to enjoy this movie, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will spoil you.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1186 on: March 17, 2018, 01:37:15 AM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1187 on: March 17, 2018, 09:11:42 AM »
How many Avengers do you think will be killed off? I could see two of the main characters and maybe a couple more minor ones between Infinity War and the follow up movie.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1188 on: March 17, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »

Every. Single. Spoiler.

I know who you are. I know what you want. If you are looking for cinematic bliss, I can tell you I don't have empathy, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop trying to enjoy this movie, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will spoil you.

:lol :lol :lol

How many Avengers do you think will be killed off? I could see two of the main characters and maybe a couple more minor ones between Infinity War and the follow up movie.

My gut feeling: Iron Man, Captain America, Vision are definitely biting the dust.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1189 on: March 17, 2018, 10:58:43 AM »
Permanent deaths - Cap, Thor, Heimdall, Korg, Loki .... maybe Mantis, some of the Wakandan's

TBD - Wong, WarMachine, Falcon, either Nebula *or* Gamorha (the latter not being a permanent one though)

Not permanent - Spidey and maybe Iron Man.

Untouchable - Strange, BP, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Ant-Man, White Wolf, most of the Guardians.