Author Topic: Star Trek: Thread Space 9  (Read 270667 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Star Trek: Thread Space 9
« Reply #1925 on: November 13, 2019, 12:51:35 PM »
I'm in the home stretch of season six right now. Just wrapped up Honor Among Thieves. It's one of the most un-Star Trek episodes you'll find, but one of O'Brien's best episodes.

I am sure it has been talked about like crazy, but while I "get" why DS9 was always the redheaded stepchild, to me, it made Star Trek more human. Anyway, on to Season Seven.
I think it's the most "human" because it has the most aliens, and aliens of course represented non-ST humans. While the main cast all spend their time being enlightened and holier-than-thou, you've got Garak, Quark, Dukat, Damar, Kai Ratched, Weyoun, and various one-offs providing the flawed, human perspective and forcing the good guys to deal with them. Sloan is an interesting "human" character, but he's naturally the bad guy.

And speaking of Sloan, I really like the character they got to play him, but God damn I wish Sheen had been available. Partly because I'm a big fan, and partly because he would have been awesome as Sloan. Clearly the role was made for him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1926 on: November 13, 2019, 12:51:58 PM »
I just recently finished up season 7.

Am I the only one who really disliked how it ended?
Yes. Not sure what else to tell you.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1927 on: November 13, 2019, 02:26:03 PM »

I haven't seen it in 16 years. I know what happened, but don't remember the details. Obviously, I will in a few weeks when I finish the re-watch. Generally speaking though, Sisko's ascension makes sense, given the conflict he has had for years about his purpose.

I can't comment further, because I honestly just don't remember the specifics.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1928 on: November 13, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »

Yes. Not sure what else to tell you.
Fair enough.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1929 on: November 13, 2019, 07:00:05 PM »
What didn't you like about it hef?

Offline FreezingPoint

« Reply #1930 on: November 13, 2019, 07:02:39 PM »
I'm in the home stretch of season six right now. Just wrapped up Honor Among Thieves. It's one of the most un-Star Trek episodes you'll find, but one of O'Brien's best episodes.

That’s one of my favorites. Like you said, it isn’t very “Star Trek” but somehow I feel like it fits into the whole tone of season six. I think the episode is effective because it ties in the Orion Syndicate, something which had been mentioned before in several episodes as part of the universe yet not completely elaborated on.

I’m conflicted on the ending of Season 7. Part of me wanted every end tied up and for them to go off into the sunset, but at the same time, I feel that the ending fit the show perfectly. It is DS9, after all. A TNG type ending wouldn’t have fit.
avenuex.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1931 on: November 14, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »
It just seemed anticlimactic to me.  And the way that the story developed showing that Sisko was basically created/engineered by the prophets to be the emissary kind of wiped away any sense of freewill from his character.  Until he decided to get married against their wishes, which caused, well, no repercussions that I could see.  And I just didn't buy the Sisko vs. Dukat deathmatch to settle it all, which left Sisko in limbo, until some possible unspecified future date, possibly.

If I'm the only one that didn't like it, that's cool. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1932 on: November 14, 2019, 09:31:39 AM »
It just seemed anticlimactic to me.  And the way that the story developed showing that Sisko was basically created/engineered by the prophets to be the emissary kind of wiped away any sense of freewill from his character.  Until he decided to get married against their wishes, which caused, well, no repercussions that I could see.  And I just didn't buy the Sisko vs. Dukat deathmatch to settle it all, which left Sisko in limbo, until some possible unspecified future date, possibly.

The extended universe, at least the first several books, are thought of very highly, and give the story, and Sisko's ultimate fate, a bit more life and color. Haven't read them in years, but recently repurchased the EU that wraps up the Sisko arcs with the prophets.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1933 on: November 14, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »

Well, I wouldn't call it anticlimactic. The climax happened in the penultimate 2 hours with the final hour being an epilogue of sorts. Your assessment is pretty reasonable, though.  I just didn't have a problem with Sisko's sacrifice. Particularly since sacrifice was a recurring theme with the prophets. The prophets did tell him he would find no happiness on Bajor, which is what he'd been clamoring for all along. He was already designing his house, after all. He was Moses, and I'd consider that a helluva repercussion.   

Truth be told, I didn't much care for the limbo part, either. That was Avery Brooks's idea, and he's always been a bit of a weird fuck. The intention was for his transition to be permanent. He was dead and now a prophet. Brooks didn't like the optics of a black man abandoning his family so he insisted on the ambiguous ending. Bad call, I think.

As for the rest of it, they were clearly going for a MASH kind of ending. Everybody splitting up and going on with their lives. I had no problem with that.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1934 on: November 14, 2019, 12:06:12 PM »
I also had no problem with the MASH ending.

I don't know.  I guess that I just thought that the character of Sisko deserved better than he got.

But then, so do a lot of people.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1935 on: November 14, 2019, 06:27:11 PM »

The extended universe, at least the first several books, are thought of very highly, and give the story, and Sisko's ultimate fate, a bit more life and color. Haven't read them in years, but recently repurchased the EU that wraps up the Sisko arcs with the prophets.

I finished reading through the first Omnibus which didn't touch on Sisko too much but I'm really excited to see where the books take it.

I don't know if you're the only one who thinks that but I can see your point.

I loved the ending personally moreso because it was a somber ending, Jake is left solo, Odo is back to the Link, O'Brien is leaving his boy Bashir for a new position. It seemed like saying goodbye to your friends after leaving college, they were essentially saying goodbye to 7 years at the station, well at least some of teh characters.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1936 on: November 15, 2019, 06:52:39 AM »
Yeah, I get that, but they didn't get to say goodbye to Sisko.

I would have liked it better if he had just been killed in battle, or something.  A "happily ever after" is not required.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1937 on: November 15, 2019, 11:35:44 AM »
Reaper -- S.D. Perry's novel titled UNITY is the one. That's the Sisko payoff.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline FreezingPoint

« Reply #1938 on: November 15, 2019, 02:26:40 PM »
The one thing I didn't like was the Bashir-O'Brien ending. I recall thinking the timing of it felt so odd, like "Oh by the way, I'm leaving for Earth, sorry I didn't tell you I was even thinking about this momentous decision, even though I like you more than my wife."
avenuex.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1939 on: November 15, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »

Awesome, I think I might skip mission gamma and left hand of destiny and just jump to rising son followed by unity

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1940 on: November 18, 2019, 09:11:53 AM »
The one thing I didn't like was the Bashir-O'Brien ending. I recall thinking the timing of it felt so odd, like "Oh by the way, I'm leaving for Earth, sorry I didn't tell you I was even thinking about this momentous decision, even though I like you more than my wife."

Honestly, I thought it built up that way through Season Seven. Watching through that season now, you see it. How O'Brien feels bad that Julian is alone, but how O'Brien is just sort of becoming more detached from Julian and moving forward with his life. Julian is a friend, but he's dedicated to his family. I felt like it really started with Molly's accident (the time warp thing). So the way they moved on (which I am not up to yet in my rewatch) makes sense to me.

Awesome, I think I might skip mission gamma and left hand of destiny and just jump to rising son followed by unity

I don't think its necessary per se, to read it all. But I think if you don't (and haven't) you don't really get a sense of the new character relationships. Once I finish my rewatch of DS9 (I'm not quite midway through Season 7), I am going to re-read both omnibus editions that are available.

The first contains both Avatar novels, and a few other things. The second contains the first couple of Mission Gamma novels. Then from there, I'll probably go right to Unity. I don't own all the EU novels. I once did, and stupidly sold them when I was trying to build a collection of other things. And I'm finding it is more difficult than ever to do it (A Stitch in Time - christ that's impossible to get at a reasonable price).

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1941 on: November 18, 2019, 10:30:19 AM »

Honestly, I thought it built up that way through Season Seven. Watching through that season now, you see it. How O'Brien feels bad that Julian is alone, but how O'Brien is just sort of becoming more detached from Julian and moving forward with his life. Julian is a friend, but he's dedicated to his family. I felt like it really started with Molly's accident (the time warp thing). So the way they moved on (which I am not up to yet in my rewatch) makes sense to me.
I'm finding it is more difficult than ever to do it (A Stitch in Time - christ that's impossible to get at a reasonable price).
I don't recall any of that at all. However, I'll be starting S7 in a day or two and I'll certainly be on the lookout for it.

Also, it occurs to me that if I could play Doom with a friend of mine over a telephone line back in 1995, they can certainly link two holodecks and go off fighting the Jerrys every weekend if they wish.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1942 on: November 18, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »

I don't think its necessary per se, to read it all. But I think if you don't (and haven't) you don't really get a sense of the new character relationships. Once I finish my rewatch of DS9 (I'm not quite midway through Season 7), I am going to re-read both omnibus editions that are available.

The first contains both Avatar novels, and a few other things. The second contains the first couple of Mission Gamma novels. Then from there, I'll probably go right to Unity. I don't own all the EU novels. I once did, and stupidly sold them when I was trying to build a collection of other things. And I'm finding it is more difficult than ever to do it (A Stitch in Time - christ that's impossible to get at a reasonable price).

I just got A Stitch in Time on Kindle, I'm currently reading through it now. It's pretty good, I like it more then the first omnibus.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1943 on: November 18, 2019, 12:48:55 PM »

I don't recall any of that at all. However, I'll be starting S7 in a day or two and I'll certainly be on the lookout for it.

Pay careful attention to the episode with Serina (I could have spelled that wrong), and Myles' overall slight change in how he speaks with Julian. And note Myles' continued working with Starfleet Intelligence, which has an impact on Myles and how he handles things. It's a very deft move by the writers. Another reason why this show is so incredible.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1944 on: November 19, 2019, 06:53:55 PM »
https://deadline.com/2019/11/star-trek-noah-hawley-directing-writing-sequel-jj-abrams-chris-pine-paramount-1202785280/

So the main story here is that some guy I've never heard of is going to direct the next Star Trek movie. Woo-hoo, I guess. What's interesting is the bits not related to the next Trek-formers movie. Paramount and Tarantino seem to really be working on something, which will be a spinoff from the JJ-verse Star Trek. I can understand that, they don't want to tarnish the original ST characters, but it's kind of disappointing for me. The only thing that made the 3 movies bearable was the familiarity and likeability of the original crew. Lose that and there's not much left. Another interesting bit is that somebody else is doing the screenplay. This means that not only will it not have the original crew, but it won't even be full of Tarantino's trademark dialogue. The final thing, not ST related, is that this likely gives QT an out for this being his tenth and last movie. He can go on to make another movie with the understanding that this movie was never really his. I don't see how this can be "The Tenth Film By Quentin Tarantino" if he doesn't write the thing, and creates none of the IP.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1945 on: November 19, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »
Noah Hawley is an amazing writer. That is honestly the only thing exciting about this as I do NOT like the kelvin timeline stuff but I love Hawley.

I’m guessing, however, the studio will neuter him to making a typical mainstream popcorn explosion fest with 5-10% Hawley’s voice.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1946 on: November 20, 2019, 09:38:57 AM »
It's funny how some things are best suited to episodes and the traditional season by season production, and other things are better for feature films.

Star Trek, to me, bombed its way through films. Star Trek 2, 4, and 6 were all good. 1 was too influenced by 2001, 3 was what seemed like the cutting room floor of 2 (like they axed off the natural continuation), and 5 was conceptually pretty cool, but didn't come off well at all.

I was never big on TNG films. Generations was spotty, First Contact was ok, and Insurrection was ok. And the the last few films -- again, they are all OK, as alt. timeline reboots.

But Trek has never seemed to really lift off on the silver screen. Perhaps it simply isn't meant to. I haven't watched Discovery. Really no interest in it. I have high hopes for Picard, but that is based off Patrick Stewart's brilliance, and the nostalgic feelings of TNG stuff.

As for a new film with Pine, eh. I mean, I am sure it won't be bad, but I don't expect much.

On a different note, about halfway through Season 7 - and the pushing of Ezri down our throats, while understandable, is just too much. Good lord I forgot how featured she is. Jadzia was so likeable, Ezri...it is a chore to really get into her character, and I remember feeling that way on my first watch of the series in 2003.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1947 on: November 20, 2019, 10:15:52 AM »
But Trek has never seemed to really lift off on the silver screen. Perhaps it simply isn't meant to. I haven't watched Discovery. Really no interest in it. I have high hopes for Picard, but that is based off Patrick Stewart's brilliance, and the nostalgic feelings of TNG stuff.
On that poin't I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.   It will have absolutely none of the look and feel of TNG. It'll have one or two of the characters, but they probably won't even be the same as you remember. I have zero expectations of it being something I'll want to watch. Because it's Patrick Stewart I'll probably give the premier a shot, but I suspect it'll just hack me off.

On a different note, about halfway through Season 7 - and the pushing of Ezri down our throats, while understandable, is just too much. Good lord I forgot how featured she is. Jadzia was so likeable, Ezri...it is a chore to really get into her character, and I remember feeling that way on my first watch of the series in 2003.
I can see that, but Ezri never really had a chance. Dax wasn't particularly likeable until the second half of the second season. Early on they didn't know what they wanted her to be, and she was kind of bland. When she went off with the Klingons to kill the albino she gained some character, and that's when she started to become the free-spirited badass. Ezri never got the time to develop. Moreover, they set her up with a wonderful story, her complete unpreparedness for being joined, and having to come to terms with it on the fly, but they didn't have the time to let it play out. Too much Dominion war going on to devote time to Ezri's development. She therefore pretty much got relegated to DaxII status, but without any of the charm, and didn't grow much from that.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1948 on: November 20, 2019, 10:32:57 AM »
On that poin't I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.   It will have absolutely none of the look and feel of TNG. It'll have one or two of the characters, but they probably won't even be the same as you remember. I have zero expectations of it being something I'll want to watch. Because it's Patrick Stewart I'll probably give the premier a shot, but I suspect it'll just hack me off.

My expectation isn't the look and feel of TNG. It's the characters, and specifically, Picard/Stewart. I'm not expecting it to be excellent. I just have high hopes that because of the Picard character, and the nostalgia associated with key characters, it'll end up being something more interesting in comparison to the latest incarnation of Trek films.

I can see that, but Ezri never really had a chance. Dax wasn't particularly likeable until the second half of the second season. Early on they didn't know what they wanted her to be, and she was kind of bland. When she went off with the Klingons to kill the albino she gained some character, and that's when she started to become the free-spirited badass. Ezri never got the time to develop. Moreover, they set her up with a wonderful story, her complete unpreparedness for being joined, and having to come to terms with it on the fly, but they didn't have the time to let it play out. Too much Dominion war going on to devote time to Ezri's development. She therefore pretty much got relegated to DaxII status, but without any of the charm, and didn't grow much from that.

No doubt that Ezri never really had a chance. Which honestly is why I think that character is a major wart on the series' final season. They should have just let the Dax character go. There was no need to bring in Ezri. I would have loved to have been in the writer's room to hear what they talked about regarding her. I mean, some of the personality things (the relationship with Worf, etc.) are all very forced in there, and I just didn't find her necessary. If it was told to the writers from the higher ups that they MUST bring back Dax, then I understand. I agree that it had the makings of an interesting storyline, but there wasn't enough time. They did the best the could with the demands. But I don't know if that's what the deal was. Bottom line for me personally - they should have just done Season 7 without Dax. You honestly didn't need her at that point.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1949 on: November 20, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »
I thought the same thing about leaving Dax out of S7 altogether, but it really would have been a sausage fest at that point, which is likely what TPTB were worried about. They needed a second female character. I suppose they could have just promoted some ensign or something, but that would have felt similarly tacked on.

If I'm not mistaken, Terry Farrell was open to making appearances from time to time. Her objection was to the fulltime gig. They probably should have found a way to incorporate another hot chick, and still bring her around from time to time.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1950 on: November 20, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »

I mean, if you say so.  But none of that stuff is considered canon, is it?

I've always thought of those books as glorified fan fiction.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1951 on: November 20, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, Terry Farrell was open to making appearances from time to time. Her objection was to the fulltime gig.

Yep, that was it. The powers that be wouldn't go for it.

I mean, if you say so.  But none of that stuff is considered canon, is it?

I've always thought of those books as glorified fan fiction.

I don't think it has been ruled out as canon, but there's no official designation. Again, I know the first several books of the EU reboot (Avatar) is thought of extremely highly by fans, and I've read by the actors and former show writers. Whether they still feel that way, I don't know.

I offered the books up to you because you said you felt Season 7 was anticlimactic. And the books through "Unity" really expand and give a bit more payoff. If you don't care and just think of them as fan fiction, that of course is your right.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1952 on: December 02, 2019, 09:08:10 AM »
Finished my DS9 re-watch over the last several days. I do appreciate the sentiment (from whoever it was on here) that said it was anticlimactic. After watching it again, I get that. I understand the ending, and know why it probably was ended the way it was (I'll get to that in a second). But I do agree it was a moment of more unanswered questions rather than a feeling of conclusion.

My thought on that was, I think at the time (I haven't yet watched the documentary, that's up for this week - I keep starting it, getting 15 minutes in, and then having to stop) the future of DS9 was in-flux. The show was ending, but if I recall correctly, there were some rumors the show could live on in a feature film, or some sort of future special. Again, this was what, 20 years ago, so my memory is a little hazy. So the ending of Sisko going to the prophets, and some character arcs remaining open, made a lot of sense. Sisko's made total sense to me, but we all know he was going to come back. Even the baseball was left on his desk, which is obviously symbolic for his return -- something you get the feeling from Kira at the end when she takes command of the station. It was just a matter of time.

Ultimately, we're obviously left with a Star Trek series that was left open for some sort of continuation that didn't happen except for the novels, which I don't think were canon. I do know that when they re-set the novel universe, I think the INTENTION was for them (starting with A Stitch in Time and Avatar) to be canon, but I'm not sure if they actually received that kind of designation.

Anyway, amazing, amazing series. My favorite of them all, and certainly the most unique in Star Trek. Very underappreciated by the fan base.

Now, onto to the documentary and ultimately, a re-read of the major "Season 8" novels. :)

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1953 on: December 02, 2019, 09:12:18 AM »
As unsatisfactory as it is, I feel like DS9 is the 2nd best finale of any ST series. I think All Good Things...was the best, but I don't even think TOS had a finale, did it? I think it just kind of stopped.

Voyager's ending was VERY anti-climatic, and Enterprise's ending was so bad that I just skip it during my rewatches. Ugh, I hate that last episode so much.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1954 on: December 02, 2019, 09:27:42 AM »
I never really got that from DS9. With one exception they wrapped up everything, and that exception was entirely Avery Brooks's doing. The Sisko dies and becomes a profit. End of story. He wanted the ambiguity so it wouldn't be just another story where a black man abandons his family. I think it's a bad move, but whatever. From my perspective the guy's dead and buried, thus concluding the show.

And I always felt they did the VOY ending right, even though I didn't think real highly of it as an episode.
E.F. Benson

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1955 on: December 02, 2019, 09:28:52 AM »
Noah Hawley is an amazing writer. That is honestly the only thing exciting about this as I do NOT like the kelvin timeline stuff but I love Hawley.

I’m guessing, however, the studio will neuter him to making a typical mainstream popcorn explosion fest with 5-10% Hawley’s voice.

Noah is awesome. He is the creator and showrunner on both the Fargo TV series and the amazing Legion TV show. Legion is one of the best things I have ever seen. It's so trippy.

With that said, I have not seen a single second of the JJ-verse movies. Just not interested.

As for DS9, the documentary got many of the main writers to do a writers room on what the next episode would look like had DS9 been able to continue. Ironically, they killed off Nog in the new episode only to have Aron die not long after the doc was released.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1956 on: December 02, 2019, 10:17:20 AM »
I never really got that from DS9. With one exception they wrapped up everything, and that exception was entirely Avery Brooks's doing. The Sisko dies and becomes a profit. End of story. He wanted the ambiguity so it wouldn't be just another story where a black man abandons his family. I think it's a bad move, but whatever. From my perspective the guy's dead and buried, thus concluding the show.

I disagree. Sisko does not die. That's more of a literal interpretation of him falling to his pit and going to "heaven" with the prophets, and I don't think it is the correct one. He has spent time with the prophets before. He was saved by them, and is WITH them, to return when the time is right (which he tells Kasidy. And again, the baseball is on the desk. It's pretty clear to me that he's not gone permanently. I understand Avery Brooks not wanting it seem like a black man is abandoning his family. I think he was right to want that. But I think saying the "guy's dead and buried" misses the overall point about the Prophets and Sisko's tie to them. They saved him, he saved them, and he'll be back. It's all very clear to me. But that's the beauty of episodes like this, right? We all take it in different ways.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1957 on: December 02, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »
Yeah, I never once thought he was dead.  He's just out to lunch for an indefinite amount of time.  Which kind of sucked.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1958 on: December 02, 2019, 02:09:31 PM »
If you guys had to choose would you rather get a DS9 post as series movie or Voyager post series movie?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1959 on: December 02, 2019, 02:16:04 PM »
If you guys had to choose would you rather get a DS9 post as series movie or Voyager post series movie?

Ugh. Can of worms.

Personally, DS9. But I could see how Voyager would be more exciting for a feature film.

www.roadstomadness.com