Author Topic: The Brand New Thread.  (Read 17564 times)

Offline Mladen

Re: The Brand New Thread.
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2014, 05:12:28 AM »
I'm still going back and forth between Daisy and The Devil when choosing my favorite Brand new album. Both are really damn good.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2014, 05:48:20 AM »
Popping in to say that The Devil and God is a masterpiece. :hefdaddy

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2014, 10:20:48 PM »
BUMP

I love Daisy. It's never going to take over the number one spot, but man is it a great album. I know that Jesse personally doesn't really care for it very much, but that's not gonna stop me from loving every minute of it.

NEVER SAY NEVER. It's official: Daisy is my favorite Brand New album.
I'm kind of in a state with Daisy where it's not my favourite Brand New album but lately I'm listening to it more than the others.

That was me for a while, but I've been listening to it a lot lately (way more than their others), and last night I was listening to it, and during the transition from At the Bottom to Gasoline, I was just hit with the realization that Daisy is my favorite.

On topic, I hope they release an album late this year or an EP at least. June 19, 2014, "A lot has gone on the last few weeks. Some writing, some recording, some new gear, some studio building. We will update you more soon"

Devil and God, I hope so.

(SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?!)
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »
I'm gonna go and revive this ages old thread, because apparently Brand New just released a new album out of nowhere. Reviews seem to be excellent. I'm currently starting my first listen, so can't really say much now, except it seems less heavy than the last 2 albums so far.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2017, 11:52:24 PM »
I found it boring and consistently bland throughout the first few times I listened to it, but when I listened to it yesterday, it sounded really good. It might turn out to be a huge grower, which is often the case with subtle, quiet music. There's not that much screaming and distortion on here, they switched things around again.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: The Quite Old Thread
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2017, 12:24:44 AM »
i'm holding off on being too interested until they drop the physical release but i did find it decently enjoyable on first listen, and critical reception has been pretty positive as well from what I've seen

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »
the new record is fire.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM »
I was right.

The album turned out to be an ENORMOUS grower.