Author Topic: Petrucci & Rudess : Inside The Astonishing UPDATE : PART 3 UPDATED !  (Read 21859 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Petrucci & Rudess : Inside The Astonishing part 1.
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »
Who cares?

Since you're a Rush fan, by your rationale, every Rush instrumental is a Lee/Lifeson piece, right?  La Villa Strangiato has some of the most awesome drumming ever, but oops, it's just a Lee/Lifeson piece.

:facepalm:  God, Ringo wrote all the Beatles songs. You really don't have a clue of what credits to writers are. Filling the songs with you drum beat is not writing the song. But you know that, you are just playing with the words. If it makes you happy.

And you really are a troll.  Stop insulting people who know more than you and you might actually learn something.  Yes, he DOES now what he is talking about, because the band has actually said so.  That is why people are telling you that you are wrong.  If you keep picking fights with people on this forum, you will not be welcome to post here.  This is your last warning.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 11:34:41 PM »
Who cares?

Since you're a Rush fan, by your rationale, every Rush instrumental is a Lee/Lifeson piece, right?  La Villa Strangiato has some of the most awesome drumming ever, but oops, it's just a Lee/Lifeson piece.

:facepalm:  God, Ringo wrote all the Beatles songs. You really don't have a clue of what credits to writers are. Filling the songs with you drum beat is not writing the song. But you know that, you are just playing with the words. If it makes you happy.

And you really are a troll.  Stop insulting people who know more than you and you might actually learn something.  Yes, he DOES now what he is talking about, because the band has actually said so.  That is why people are telling you that you are wrong.  If you keep picking fights with people on this forum, you will not be welcome to post here.  This is your last warning.

What? I can't believe your reaction. I go with the info I have on the sleeves and he comes back with a foolish example. When people have a good point against what you think, you act like a dictator. Ban me, my example was clear and darn simple Boss.
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 11:43:34 PM »
I agree, I May have pushed it months ago a bit but have been very respecfull since then and have tried to be coming with example more than just words.  Instead of losing it and calling me a troll, I would have taken notice of it if you or the other guy would have given me that information. I'm not an expert of the band, been listening to DT since 2009.

Chill!!!

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »
There's actually a valid discussion in there. I really consider this a JR/JP/JLB album. Yes JLB didn't write anything, but he put a voice to the work and clearly did more than simply sing the songs.

Myung and Mangini, however, I hate to say it but I barely notice they're on the album. I know there are bass and drums on the album, but theoretically it could've been anyone playing those parts. There isn't really any personality in the playing. I know JP and JR have been the primary writing forces since JR joined, but I think The Astonishing went even further with that.

New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 11:50:19 PM »
There's actually a valid discussion in there. I really consider this a JR/JP/JLB album. Yes JLB didn't write anything, but he put a voice to the work and clearly did more than simply sing the songs.

Myung and Mangini, however, I hate to say it but I barely notice they're on the album. I know there are bass and drums on the album, but theoretically it could've been anyone playing those parts. There isn't really any personality in the playing. I know JP and JR have been the primary writing forces since JR joined, but I think The Astonishing went even further with that.

Voila, I agree with that. jLB puts the tone, the emotion. But I have always thought that the music and the lyrics were written by JR and Petrucci. Sorry for being such a troll???

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 02:31:56 AM »
They all got the writing credit, but the overwhelming majority of music was written by JP & JR, and has been for some time.

Yeah, like since JR is in the band.. :lol

I partially agree with this.. I mean, I think JM and MM's playing it does add a lot to the whole work.. Especially Mangini I must admit.. Sections like the verses of The Walking Shadow, e.g., those ghost notes! :chill

About the discussion, I think this sentence sums up all:

you are just playing with the words.

I think both of you -KevShmev and red barchetta- are right, and could even agree each other.. It's just a matter of semantic..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 06:53:25 AM »
They all got the writing credit, but the overwhelming majority of music was written by JP & JR, and has been for some time.

Yeah, like since JR is in the band.. :lol

I partially agree with this.. I mean, I think JM and MM's playing it does add a lot to the whole work.. Especially Mangini I must admit.. Sections like the verses of The Walking Shadow, e.g., those ghost notes! :chill

About the discussion, I think this sentence sums up all:

you are just playing with the words.

I think both of you -KevShmev and red barchetta- are right, and could even agree each other.. It's just a matter of semantic..

Very true, you have a neutral opinion, Thank you!

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 07:05:07 AM »
I have noticed that people start their messages with being sorry and apologies when saying something that might upset the TA lovers.

I think I have been very respecful in my own way.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 08:00:53 AM »
I agree, I May have pushed it months ago a bit but have been very respecfull since then and have tried to be coming with example more than just words.  Instead of losing it and calling me a troll, I would have taken notice of it if you or the other guy would have given me that information. I'm not an expert of the band, been listening to DT since 2009.

Chill!!!
Telling a moderator who is giving you verifiable facts that he can laugh all he wants, and calling another user "foolish" are far from respectful.  As I said, continuing to insult and bait other users will get you banned.  Either figure out how to post respectfully, or you will be shown the door.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 08:21:41 AM »
.....(ready for part 2)
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:29 AM »
Yeah, I wonder how far apart they'll be.  Part of me hopes we will get another one soon.  Part of me hopes they will space them out a bit.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 08:30:47 AM »
Yeah, I wonder how far apart they'll be.  Part of me hopes we will get another one soon.  Part of me hopes they will space them out a bit.

Once a week is good for me.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 09:13:04 AM »
Are you guys talking about TA 2 right now, or did I lose track of the conversation?
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 09:14:07 AM »
Part two of the video linked in the OP. Took me a sec to work it out.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 09:15:56 AM »

Chill!!!
Telling a moderator who is giving you verifiable facts that he can laugh all he wants, and calling another user "foolish" are far from respectful.  As I said, continuing to insult and bait other users will get you banned.  Either figure out how to post respectfully, or you will be shown the door.

Hehehehe.... :corn

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 09:21:32 AM »
Are you guys talking about TA 2 right now, or did I lose track of the conversation?

I'm ready for it be released now. Haha, sorry for the confusion.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 09:29:56 AM »

So you know how much was the participation of Myong and JLB on ADTOE and DT12? No you don't. They might have a big part in it as well as the lyrics.

On TA, it says no credit to anyone but Jordan and Petrucci. So I kind  of believe what they write as credits on their album sleeves as for who create the music and lyrics.
Yes, and in multiple interviews Rudess has said that the credits on this album finally convey the actual truth that has been in place for some time.  In other words, JR & JP have been the music writers for a while now, they just didn't credit it that way in the album credits until this album.

So you can just go with credits printed on album sleeves, or you can go with the truth from the horse's mout, which has certainly come out.  But whatever, pal.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 09:32:38 AM »

Chill!!!

Well he was laughing at my opinion so I think it goes both ways Mr.

I don't think I insult people more than anybody else.  It's very easy to find so many opinions from other members about who wrote TA and that they should get involve the other members of the band for the next album, hopefully they can bring ideas.

Anybody argue in this forum. I'm not different but whatever. I'm losing my time with you obviously.

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 09:35:16 AM »

So you know how much was the participation of Myong and JLB on ADTOE and DT12? No you don't. They might have a big part in it as well as the lyrics.

On TA, it says no credit to anyone but Jordan and Petrucci. So I kind  of believe what they write as credits on their album sleeves as for who create the music and lyrics.
Yes, and in multiple interviews Rudess has said that the credits on this album finally convey the actual truth that has been in place for some time.  In other words, JR & JP have been the music writers for a while now, they just didn't credit it that way in the album credits until this album.

So you can just go with credits printed on album sleeves, or you can go with the truth from the horse's mout, which has certainly come out.  But whatever, pal.

Thank you body. So who wrote the darn music of TA?  :tup

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:37 AM »
lol body
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »

Thank you body. So who wrote the darn music of TA?  :tup

JP & JR.  This has been covered ad nauseum.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2016, 11:11:26 AM »
hefbody42
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 11:29:22 AM »
The AstonishingBot 3000.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2016, 11:55:43 AM »
  I go with the info I have on the sleeves and he comes back with a foolish example.

It was not a foolish example.

You have said that TA is more of a JP and JR album because they wrote all of it.

I then said that, by that same rationale, that every Rush instrumental is a Lee/Lifeson song, since Peart is always credited with writing their lyrics (with a few exceptions since 1975), while the other two always get the writing credit for the music.

It is the same thing.  You really don't see that? :) 

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2016, 01:51:14 PM »
Everybody must get stoned

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2016, 01:52:05 PM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »
Is that Kaepernick?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2016, 02:11:34 PM »
Who, the white guy? :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2016, 03:02:12 PM »
Is that Kaepernick?
No, he's standing up lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2016, 09:14:29 PM »
lol body

I'm french, so I do make mistake like that.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2016, 12:06:54 AM »
lol body

I'm french, so I do make mistake like that.

I'm French, I don't. Btw, you certainly wanted to say "mistakeS"? Just kidding, of course.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael