Author Topic: Scar's Roulette v.1 (Round 3: All Harsh/ The No Mercy Round )  (Read 635 times)

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
Scar's Roulette v.1 (Round 3: All Harsh/ The No Mercy Round )
« on: August 26, 2016, 10:24:51 PM »
Parama's: Vektor - "Pillars of Sand"
10/10
 It feels like all of the atoms in my body are shooting out at every direction possible into space. Blake with his blast beats, the intense shredding and the growls of this song. Oh my, the ecstasy :tup. This was my first time finding about this band, thanks to you and this band did not disappoint at all! Keep it coming Parama! I expect some pop songs that won't have me barfing all over the place!!

Tomi's: Death - "To Forgive Is To Suffer"
10/10
Great, intense music, but the drumming sometimes threw me off. Especially at 0:42. I found the song to be phenomenal. That growl is one of the best growls I have ever heard in my life. And God, the solo when the strings and drums link up, that was a nice move by Chuck. Really digging this band!

Lonestar: "Relentless" - Eviscerated
10/10
This is really, really impressive. I really am impressed by this song. This song speaks to me in many levels and I got a lot of weird looks thrown my way when I played this song on full blast. And that cover art man, so brutal! Definitely going to check this band out more. It was pure perfection.

Shadow's: The Dillinger Escape Plan - "Sunshine the Werewolf"
10/10
That is what I'm talking about baby! The part when the violin and cello comes on, gets me really excited. I love this singer's voice so much. This song has so much raw power coming from the introduction, it instantly got me hooked. This song is also well written and the drummer is flawless. Too bad, he left the band.

Luke's: At The Gates - "Slaughter Of The Soul"
10/10
GO!!! This music feeds my evil side and it makes it really restless. This was brutal enough Luke, thank you! I loved the riffs also! I love how it also has melody. Melodic death metal is awesome, not just 100% shredding the entire song. This is like melodic death metal in its purest form. It has finally emerged from the depths and had brought the heaviness and the melody it so desperately needed.

Sacul's: Converge - "Concubine/Fault and Fracture"
10/10
Wow, no kidding! It is really heavy. It sounds like a blender, an angry one at that. Even thought I couldn't understand the lyrics at first, when I looked at the lyrics, it all made sense to me. Same with Opeth. What turned me off was that I didn't understand what they were saying and I constantly needed the lyrics sheet, but not anymore. Thanks Sacul!

Scorpion's: Shining - "Manniska o' Avskyrda Manniska"
10/10
Jesus, that solo! OMG, that solo is awesome! The best solo ever! SOLO! SOLO! Tabs!
Those were the words that kept popping up in the comments section. I didn't care if it was in Swedish. I looked up the meaning and I loved it, but I now have something to say about this song too: DAT SOLO!!!

Elite's: Meshuggah - "Bleed"
10/10
Ooooh, so this was what Petrucci was referencing when he spoke about Meshuggah. And I'm wondering why I haven't discovered their band yet! Meshuggah is super heavy, just what I like about the band! The solo compliments this song well. This solo needs the song and the song needs the solo. I have been checking out Meshuggah's solo's and man, are they awesome.

DoC's - Dimmu Borgir - "Reptile"
10/10
When black :metal meets classical music. I loved 3:45, one of, if not the darkest piece of black metal I've heard in my life. And bastards in shape of angels XD
Wait, where have I heard of this lyric before? Listening to this song makes me want to sell my soul to the devil....and reclaim it back in in the end.

ToN's: Gojira - "The Gift of Guilt"
0/10
No, just no.
I'm kidding! 10/10. I was worried about your PM, but when I listened to it with some skepticism, I ended loving it~! I felt like I was entering a black hole and being ripped into billions of pieces....or whatever happens in a black hole. I loved the change at 2:25. Was sudden and unexpected, but was really satisfying. Thanks for sharing this song Mr. Naught. I greatly enjoyed it!

Standing:
1) Sacul - 30
2) Destiny of Chaos - 30
3) Elite - 29.5
4) Parama - 29.5
5) Luke - 29.5
6) Train of Naught - 19
6) Train of Naught - 29
7) Scorpion - 29
8) Tomi - 29
9) Shadow Ninja - 28.5
10) Lonestar - 28.5

I was being lenient for some songs. Bumped some 9.5's and I felt a bit pity for the next round, but overall, the songs deserve their scores.
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
PLEASE IGNORE!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:25:35 PM »
Oh shoot! I'm so sorry. I accidentally created a new topic. Is it possible for this to be deleted??? This was a mistake.
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Re: PLEASE IGNORE!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:53:07 PM »
This was a mistake.

which part?  All 10's or creating a new topic.  :lol
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.