Author Topic: 2016 NCAA Football!  (Read 24003 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NCAA Football!
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2017, 07:08:07 AM »
Fantastic game! It's always fun when Alabama gets outplayed...which is rare these days. It was pretty difficult not to wake Mrs. P during that fourth quarter.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: January 10, 2017, 10:50:56 AM »
While I don't generally root for teams who have players who grab their opponents' junk on the field, I was rooting for Dabo Sweeney who seems like a genuinely likable guy. And what a game too! Championship games like that, the big winners are fans of college football.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2017, 12:00:51 PM »
Fantastic game!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2017, 12:54:13 PM »
Hmm, color me surprised, if I was a betting man, I'd be a few dollars poorer today.

In other news, Cal fired their coach two days after the Niners fire Chip Kelly. Coincedence? I think not....

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2017, 02:01:29 PM »
Always love to see Alabama lose. Overall was a disappointing season for Husker fans and I'm always sad when the season ends.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2017, 02:16:08 PM »
This season was a blast as a PSU fan, but it does suck that it is over.  I can't wait for next year, lots of pre-season rankings from columnists and whatnot have PSU in top 5 which is very exciting.  I don't think I've seen PSU have this much pre-season hype since I've been a fan, but it seems warranted as they have a lot of players coming back next year and our QB, McSorley, while having a bad bowl game is the real deal at being a winner.  I think he'll have a chip on his shoulder next year for his performance in the bowl game.