Author Topic: 2016 NCAA Football!  (Read 24013 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NCAA Football!
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2016, 12:41:48 PM »
Im a huge Colorado fan tonight.  After the CFP poll came out and the way the committee spokesperson answered the questions, it seems to me the winning of the Big10 is not getting in without help so I am really rooting for Washington to lose tonight.  Or Clemson tomorrow, but I think Washington is the more likely team to lose. 

I read a lot of a PSU forum and someone pointed out something interesting about how PSU is being undervalued.  On the 8 game win streak, they have also covered the spread every single time.  Meaning Vegas has been wrong about them too.  They've not only covered, but covered by an average of over 10 points/game.  That's crazy.  They go into tomorrow as 3 point underdogs.  I like thier chances in this one, but I expect it to be a good one.  I just hope that there is some meaning in the game and not just for a trophy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2016, 06:54:19 AM »
Covering the spread that many times doesn't mean Vegas was wrong about them; it means the betting public was.  Remember, Vegas doesn't care about how good or bad a team is or any of that; all they care about is making money, and spreads are always set and then moved to get equal action on both sides.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2016, 08:41:30 AM »
Covering the spread that many times doesn't mean Vegas was wrong about them; it means the betting public was.  Remember, Vegas doesn't care about how good or bad a team is or any of that; all they care about is making money, and spreads are always set and then moved to get equal action on both sides.

It means public reception was off then, which it has been.

Regardless, dominating win by Washington.  I think that gets them in for sure now. 

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2016, 08:49:36 AM »
Clemson needs to lose.

I need Wisconsin in the playoffs. If not they'll make the rose bowl at least (as long as they beat penn state which I'm anticipating they will).
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
Clemson needs to lose.

I need Wisconsin in the playoffs. If not they'll make the rose bowl at least (as long as they beat penn state which I'm anticipating they will).

Yea, seems like the winner gets the rose bowl, loser maybe the cotton against the best mid major team.  That alone should be motivation for both teams  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2016, 09:19:08 AM »

That happens a lot, especially when teams are much better or worse than they were projected to be.  Take the NFL this year:

Dallas is far better than everyone thought they would be; they are 9-3 against the spread.

Arizona is far worse than everyone thought they would be; they are 3-8 against the spread.

Kansas City is about as good as most thought they would be: they are 5-5-1 against the spread.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2016, 09:29:49 AM »

That happens a lot, especially when teams are much better or worse than they were projected to be.  Take the NFL this year:

Dallas is far better than everyone thought they would be; they are 9-3 against the spread.

Arizona is far worse than everyone thought they would be; they are 3-8 against the spread.

Kansas City is about as good as most thought they would be: they are 5-5-1 against the spread.

Exactly, that's my point regardling PSU and why public reception has not been great towards them even though they've gone on a tear.  Even I am surprised by this season, but now, I kind of expect them to perform.  So we shall see, they are 3 point underdogs tonight.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2016, 09:52:29 PM »
Just to let you know my daughters portrait of me will be replaced by some gross penn st crap.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »
Would have never thought the Badgers defense would give up a 21 point lead. 

:sadpanda:
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2016, 10:01:17 PM »
Would have never thought the Badgers defense would give up a 21 point lead. 

:sadpanda:

Played like the packers.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2016, 10:02:23 PM »
Oh that was SOOOO SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!!!!!

And the Hokies almost pulled it out too  :(

Online PowerSlave

« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2016, 10:11:04 PM »
Oh that was SOOOO SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!!!!!

And the Hokies almost pulled it out too  :(

Yeah, I was rooting for VA Tech. If they would have beat Clemson the playoff picture would have been a lot clearer. The way it stands now there's going to be some upset teams no matter what the committee decides.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2016, 07:56:11 AM »
Can't wait to see what the committee decides. 

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2016, 10:35:21 AM »
Woooooooooooo!!! Bring on Alabama bitches!!!!! Hell Yeah!!! Getting tickets now!
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2016, 10:54:06 AM »
What a game last night for PSU.  They were a domintating second half team all year.  I was pretty sure they were done, until the scored before half time.  I knew they would make it a game in the 2nd half.  McSorley what a game and season. 

While it sucks to not make the playoff, I can't fault the final 4 because every team has a legit good reason to be there.  PSU going to the Rose Bowl is not a bad consolation prize and I'm guessing vs. USC which will be tough, but an easier game than Alabama.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2016, 10:19:24 PM »
Woooooooooooo!!! Bring on Alabama bitches!!!!! Hell Yeah!!! Getting tickets now!

You guys better fucking win man....

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2016, 08:49:54 AM »
I'll be honest, if I were picking the four teams, they would have been Alabama, Clemson, Washington, and Penn State. 

Having said that, I think we are going to get some great bowl matchups, both in and out of the playoff.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
I am not a big fan of farewell tours, but I like what CBS and the SEC did for Verne Lundquist this year. I hate "Mt Rushmore" lists, but that guy is on the very short list of all-time greatest sportscasters. I could listen to him and Gary Danielson call a junior high chess match.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline dparrott

« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2016, 12:36:57 AM »
Hey Boise State: You had a bowl game scheduled tonight against a .500 team.  Would have been nice if you showed up.   ::) :loser:
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2016, 10:42:39 AM »
I am not a big fan of farewell tours, but I like what CBS and the SEC did for Verne Lundquist this year. I hate "Mt Rushmore" lists, but that guy is on the very short list of all-time greatest sportscasters. I could listen to him and Gary Danielson call a junior high chess match.

"YES, SIR!!!"

One of the few left that I would leave the volume ON during games, or tune into for a short spell just to listen to.  They made a great team.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #265 on: December 31, 2016, 09:46:14 PM »
Soooo, Tempus wanted Bama, and boy did he sure get them.

And where the fuck was Ohio St? Didn't they know they had a game tonight?

I'd like to say that it'll be a good title game, but I really don't see Bama losing.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: December 31, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »
What did you expect, OSU didn't even win their division of the Big 10?

Clemson played Alabama tight last year.  No reason to expect them to not show up this year, should be a fun game to watch.  Plus, if Clemson takes a Liam Neeson in Taken revenge attitude, they might be able to pull it off.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #267 on: January 01, 2017, 08:07:44 AM »

I'd like to say that it'll be a good title game, but I really don't see Bama losing.

You sir are extraordinarily confused.
The worst part of being mildly hungover in Atlanta on New Years day, is being mildly hungover in Atlanta on New Year's day  after your team loses. We've had fun...and the Dogs of Montlake have risen from the ashes and we'll be back many more times to come.

On a separate note everybody in the hotel this morning is talking about how Steve Sarkisian ate a booger on live tv. What a ducking idiot, loser. I had to Google it. And he did!!!! Nasty! You gotta fire him. I'm a young player, every time I'm in a meeting with the guy I'm thinking, " That motherfucker picks his nose and eats it!"
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: January 01, 2017, 11:19:59 AM »
What a couple of poor playoff games to watch.  I don't necessarily think the committee got it wrong, but Alabama was always clearly the better team and Clemson exposed OSU who had no offense this year and it showed in the game.  It was nice to see Urban out coached.  Clemson and Alabama should be a good game, I think that's the team with the best shot to beat Alabama and I will be rooting for them to do it. 

I am hoping for a PSU win and maybe sneak into #3 in the final AP poll. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #269 on: January 01, 2017, 03:45:22 PM »

You sir are extraordinarily confused.
The worst part of being mildly hungover in Atlanta on New Years day, is being mildly hungover in Atlanta on New Year's day  after your team loses. We've had fun...and the Dogs of Montlake have risen from the ashes and we'll be back many more times to come.

On a separate note everybody in the hotel this morning is talking about how Steve Sarkisian ate a booger on live tv. What a ducking idiot, loser. I had to Google it. And he did!!!! Nasty! You gotta fire him. I'm a young player, every time I'm in a meeting with the guy I'm thinking, " That motherfucker picks his nose and eats it!"

Oh I realize that it's gonna be a few years in teh Pac 12 of looking up at UW, but here at Cal we're used to looking up at everyone....

And the booger thing.....ewwwwwww....

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: January 01, 2017, 05:30:48 PM »
Before the bowls/playoffs were set, one of our local sports radio guys said he'd rather UW play in, and have a much better shot at winning, the Rose Bowl, than play, and potentially get killed by, Alabama. I didn't like that mentality at all. I knew the Dawgs were a long shot, and they definitely got outplayed by the more talented team, but would it ever be more desirable to not make the playoffs in favor of a better shot at a bowl win, even if it's the Rose Bowl? Does anyone outside of the Pac12 and Big10 even care about the Rose Bowl?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: January 01, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »
Before the bowls/playoffs were set, one of our local sports radio guys said he'd rather UW play in, and have a much better shot at winning, the Rose Bowl, than play, and potentially get killed by, Alabama. I didn't like that mentality at all. I knew the Dawgs were a long shot, and they definitely got outplayed by the more talented team, but would it ever be more desirable to not make the playoffs in favor of a better shot at a bowl win, even if it's the Rose Bowl? Does anyone outside of the Pac12 and Big10 even care about the Rose Bowl?

Lots of PSU people have claimed the same thing, it was better to play in the Rose Bowl than get slaughtered by Alabama.  I also don't agree with that mentality, but it's hard to complain about playing in the Rose Bowl.  I think fans outside the big10/pac12 do somewhat care.  It's the most prestigious and usually hyped bowl game outside the NC playoffs although the playoffs have made the Rose Bowl much less meaningful.  Being that Washington and Ohio State lost, the winner has a good shot of claiming rights to actually being the best team in their conferences (regardless of the meaningless conference championships).

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
What a start to the third quarter!  I know you're enjoying this Marc.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2017, 07:27:03 PM »
Hell of a Rose Bowl. Really impressed by USC'S QB

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2017, 07:31:26 PM »
Heckuva finish, for sure.  USC came up big late.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2017, 07:39:38 PM »
What a start to the third quarter!  I know you're enjoying this Marc.

I was for awhile... damn what a crazy game.  3 interceptions and PSU was lucky with that fumble call, but you can't win a game like that.  Some questionable play calls at the end for PSU too.  Sucks, what a heart breaker, but one hell of a game.  Better than any other bowl this year.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2017, 07:40:25 PM »
Well shit. No matter, my base level thoughts on college football still stand. Fuck SC.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »

Given how Sark lost his job at USC, boogers are not the worst thing he could be ingesting...
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2017, 11:03:55 PM »
What are a game.  More than makes up for the lackluster semi-final games.

If they do it in the future, watch the ESPN channel with the football coaches watching the game.  Way better than traditional broadcast.  It sucks not having the game full screen, but the quality of the commentary, telestration, and replays make up for it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2017, 06:27:23 AM »
I cant believe I fell asleep  :lol I'm glad Clemson won though.   I don't have a dislike of Alabama, it's just that they always win so it's nice to see another school win.