Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142472 times)

Offline volwrath

Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #910 on: August 03, 2017, 07:10:42 AM »
The Nashville show is War Memorial and they sell directly thru their own web site.  The floor was general admission and 50 dollars.  I am too old to stand and fight to get close to the stage on the floor.  The 1st tier was 60 dollars, but the first few rows were not available when the web site opened at 10 am.  I got the next tier for 40 dollars. Took about 5 minutes to search and order.  The venue holds up to 2,000 and I expect we will get some folks from North and central  Alabama along with the Atlanta area.

Meh. I dont know how I missed this thread and here they are coming to Nashville and the damn tix are apparently sold out.  I guess I am going to have to pony up.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #911 on: August 03, 2017, 07:15:13 AM »
Sooo 45 minutes until the presale for NYC and the show is now missing on ticketmaster (it was there yesterday and previously this week).  It's not livenation but says there is no pre-sale.  wtf

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #912 on: August 03, 2017, 07:15:50 AM »
I forgot to say. I had no problem with Soundrink. Used my Google to login and paid no problem. It was a smooth transaction.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #913 on: August 03, 2017, 08:07:23 AM »
If by chance anyone should come across a presale code for the presale today if you could kindly share I would be extremely thankful.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #914 on: August 03, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »
Looks like there isn't even one for NYC today.  I posted on DT's official event page on facebook and my post was not approved (I simply asked if the presale was happening today since the event disappeared on ticketmaster, also having to approve posts is lame).  Really poor job here DT.

Offline bwm09d

« Reply #915 on: August 03, 2017, 08:18:23 AM »
Code for beacon is DREAM, I couldn't get two together so now I'm going by myself in the orchestra row DD. I love this band, but they're about as fan unfriendly as any band I've ever seen, as of recent. The stupid teasers, lack of discernible information on purchasing tickets, the exorbitant prices.... I just paid $148, and to put it in perspective I saw Metallica and avenged sevenfold 5 rows up near the stage at soldier field for $30 more dollars.... with the stage production being incredible. Sure I'll see comments about the band not selling the same amount of tickets blablabla.

Im never going to another show again if they keep this up. They're completely tone deaf towards their fans, and from reading comments on this forum I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:25:12 AM by bwm09d »

Offline HolidaysAnoraks

« Reply #916 on: August 03, 2017, 08:23:09 AM »
Anyone have the code for Raleigh?

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #917 on: August 03, 2017, 08:43:14 AM »

Going to double that request... anyone know the code?  Hef, do you know it or are you waiting for the general sale tomorrow?
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #918 on: August 03, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »
Code for beacon is DREAM, I couldn't get two together so now I'm going by myself in the orchestra row DD. I love this band, but they're about as fan unfriendly as any band I've ever seen, as of recent. The stupid teasers, lack of discernible information on purchasing tickets, the exorbitant prices.... I just paid $148, and to put it in perspective I saw Metallica and avenged sevenfold 5 rows up near the stage at soldier field for $30 more dollars.... with the stage production being incredible. Sure I'll see comments about the band not selling the same amount of tickets blablabla.

Im never going to another show again if they keep this up. They're completely tone deaf towards their fans, and from reading comments on this forum I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Thanks for sharing the code, it wasn't until you posted this that I refreshed again (I had all but given up on trying to get tickets today) and the event now appeared for me. 

I got two tickets first row on lower balcony.  My friend wanted to get the best available, which would have been row L on the floor, but I opted to get first row balcony over middle floor.  Should have a great view with no obstructions from there.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #919 on: August 03, 2017, 08:46:53 AM »

Going to double that request... anyone know the code?  Hef, do you know it or are you waiting for the general sale tomorrow?

I guessed it!  (IMAGES) Enjoy guys! :D

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #920 on: August 03, 2017, 08:48:11 AM »

That's what I'm talkin' bout... buy this man a c-gar!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:09:35 AM by vtgrad »
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline wannabepba

« Reply #921 on: August 03, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »
Long time lurker on the forums, but man this tour is one of the strangest I've seen logistically so far...
I guess there is no Austin TM/LN presale show isn't even up on the TM search. At least the sound rink presale wasn't selling anything closer than the 10th Row or so, so hoping to be able to snag a close ticket tomorrow but was hoping for a presale.

Disappointed in no FL dates but hitting Dallas and hopefully Austin, as well as NJ. Love the band but as others have said, their latest tours have been frustrating to navigate from a fan's perspective.

Offline MasterLomaxus

• Onion Flakes
« Reply #922 on: August 03, 2017, 09:07:59 AM »
Anyone else get Peoria presale tickets? I got mine through Ticketmaster.  I actually decided to go with the Box Seats, which are along the wall. 

Offline HolidaysAnoraks

« Reply #923 on: August 03, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »
Thanks so much WebRaider! Now to count down the days!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #924 on: August 03, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »
Anyone else get Peoria presale tickets? I got mine through Ticketmaster.  I actually decided to go with the Box Seats, which are along the wall.

I just did. Being that this is going to be 2 of my sons first concert, I bought 1st row balcony seats so they wouldn't have anyone in front of them. Plus, that should be a cool view for them.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #925 on: August 03, 2017, 09:34:40 AM »

Did the same thing. Just figured it had to be something like IMAGES or DREAM.....  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline powpig

« Reply #926 on: August 03, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »
Been lurking awhile, finally got signed up and approved.
Got 3 pretty good seats last week in the TM presale for the US Tour opener in Oakland, ORCH Row M on Petrucci's side.
Then I got lucky and pulled some better seats in the public sale the next day.
So I need to unload the presale seats I got if anyone got shut out.  I paid $306, just looking to recoup.
Only 3 more months.....

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #927 on: August 03, 2017, 11:03:58 AM »
Long time lurker on the forums, but man this tour is one of the strangest I've seen logistically so far...
I guess there is no Austin TM/LN presale show isn't even up on the TM search. At least the sound rink presale wasn't selling anything closer than the 10th Row or so, so hoping to be able to snag a close ticket tomorrow but was hoping for a presale.

Disappointed in no FL dates but hitting Dallas and hopefully Austin, as well as NJ. Love the band but as others have said, their latest tours have been frustrating to navigate from a fan's perspective.

Was ready RIGHT at 10:00 AM on the Austin presale...best I could get was row 15 for 4 seats next to each other.  I checked later and row 8 was available for the same situation.  I was a bit livid even though I'm sure it's my fault for not being familiar with these kinda ticket buying situations and not listening to you guys.  I called the office and haggled my way into row 13 right middle seats which are awesome for that venue (Lady on phone said really the best view for a band actually)

Even more awesome is my buddy's wife managed to snag the other 4 (there's 8 DT fans here in total) in that row 8 I saw.  That's where I'll be sitting with my hardcore DT fan friends.  The other 4 who are more casual fans will sit in the 13th row which is still awesome.  We're all so excited  :metal

Looking at venue seating the experience probably shouldn't be that different between these rows.  Venue looks epic as hell  :tup

Edit:  The woman on the phone said the attention this concert was getting for a presale was pretty insane comparatively with other concerts.
I'll suggest to you both that you don't want to be too close at this particular venue. I'm not sure where the cutoff is, but my front row experience there was pretty awful. There's a point where you're behind the arrays and get nothing but stage-fill. Sounded terrible and made my head hurt for hours afterward. My hunch is that probably only the first couple of rows are effected, but it's something to mindful of.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #928 on: August 03, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »
The Nashville show is War Memorial and they sell directly thru their own web site.  The floor was general admission and 50 dollars.  I am too old to stand and fight to get close to the stage on the floor.  The 1st tier was 60 dollars, but the first few rows were not available when the web site opened at 10 am.  I got the next tier for 40 dollars. Took about 5 minutes to search and order.  The venue holds up to 2,000 and I expect we will get some folks from North and central  Alabama along with the Atlanta area.

Meh. I dont know how I missed this thread and here they are coming to Nashville and the damn tix are apparently sold out.  I guess I am going to have to pony up.

Did you try the war memorial site? I just went in to the war memorial website and there are tickets available.  I bought mine the first day and already have my ticket.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:01:00 PM by mike099 »
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #929 on: August 03, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
Nashville isn't sold out. I just pulled 3rd row balcony out of curiosity. There are GA seats and a lot of the balconies remain. I don't think DT would sell out a 2k seat venue that fast, even in NYC.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #930 on: August 03, 2017, 01:00:27 PM »
Got my Raleigh tix today. Sorry I didn't see the posts above, yes, the code was IMAGES.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline volwrath

« Reply #931 on: August 03, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »

Did you try the war memorial site? I just went in to the war memorial website and there are tickets available.  I bought mine the first day and already have my ticket.

I just was able to buy them no problem. Weird. I guess the site was having problems this morning when I tried.  Thanks for the tip!

Nashville isn't sold out. I just pulled 3rd row balcony out of curiosity. There are GA seats and a lot of the balconies remain. I don't think DT would sell out a 2k seat venue that fast, even in NYC.

Yea I was a bit shocked that they would sell out that fast, especially in Nashville, where you don't get tons of of great bands touring.  So much for music city... Thanks it must have abeen a site hiccup or something.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #932 on: August 04, 2017, 12:11:23 AM »
author=El Barto link=topic=48003.msg2341992#msg2341992 date=1501779838]

I'll suggest to you both that you don't want to be too close at this particular venue. I'm not sure where the cutoff is, but my front row experience there was pretty awful. There's a point where you're behind the arrays and get nothing but stage-fill. Sounded terrible and made my head hurt for hours afterward. My hunch is that probably only the first couple of rows are effected, but it's something to mindful of.
[/quote]

Appreciate your thoughts.  It's 8 of us like I said, 4 of us in row 8 and the other 4 in row 13.  Seems we should be alright...I hope  ;D

Edit: Sorry for the quotes screwup...was trying to make post smaller but just ended up screwing it up.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #933 on: August 04, 2017, 06:19:32 AM »
Got me a ticket for the Raleigh show. Tenth row, $88 after stupid Ticketmaster fees. I'm really excited. I wonder if they will change up the setlist at all?
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #934 on: August 04, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »
Got me a ticket for the Raleigh show. Tenth row, $88 after stupid Ticketmaster fees. I'm really excited. I wonder if they will change up the setlist at all?

I was curious about the Raleigh venue as compared to the Nashville venue.  The Raleigh venue capacity is about 350 more than Nashville.  Of course the big difference is the Raleigh venue is beautiful and modern and the Nashville venue is bland and old.  However, I saw Opeth/Gojira at War Memorial and the sound was great along with the crowd, more so with Gojira.  Hopefully the concert will sell well and some of the Opeth/Gojira and Mastadon crowd(Ryman) will go to the DT show.

Wonder how many of the North American cities will be first timers.  Pretty sure DT has never played Nashville. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #935 on: August 04, 2017, 12:56:44 PM »
Got my NJ ticket in the mail today, that was quick  :metal

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #936 on: August 04, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »
I bet the first set will change up a few songs, but I'm certain (obviously) that we'll still get I&W in the second set and I'm confident we'll still get ACOS for the encore.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #937 on: August 05, 2017, 02:59:37 AM »
There are plenty of songs that DT has showcased in Europe, but given no attention in the U.S.  Behind the Veil and Wither come to mind.  I honestly think DT should work those into the first set for the U.S.

Doubling down on this.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #938 on: August 05, 2017, 06:20:53 AM »
There are plenty of songs that DT has showcased in Europe, but given no attention in the U.S.  Behind the Veil and Wither come to mind.  I honestly think DT should work those into the first set for the U.S.

Doubling down on this.

Yes but not at the sacrifice of the other songs from this tour that Europe got and NA has not.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #939 on: August 05, 2017, 08:50:54 PM »
Got my NYC tickets. Gotta say that buying tickets online has gotten out of control(and annoying) for pretty much any good show. Between scalpers and Ticketmaster it's pretty much impossible to get a good seat at a normal price. I ended up going to beacon theater and buying the tickets in person. No fees, better seats available, don't have to deal with the online BS.

With that said, pretty excited about this concert. First time I saw DT was at this same venues back in 2009. Let's hope for a good show.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #940 on: August 06, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »
I may be going to the NYC show, got airline passes. I saw on ticketmaster.com that the cheapest seats were $54.00 on the second balcony.  Does that mean there are 2 balconies? Meaning the second balcony is way high up??
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #941 on: August 09, 2017, 09:35:05 AM »
I'm trying to buy tickets for the Greensburg, PA show on Nov 8, but I'm not seeing them on sale. Did I miss something? Not available on TicketMaster or DT's main site. Just VIP upgrades. Went to venue's site and almost all the seats have an X over them. I'm assuming the majority of tickets aren't available yet? Sorry for dumb question.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #942 on: August 09, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »
I'm trying to buy tickets for the Greensburg, PA show on Nov 8, but I'm not seeing them on sale. Did I miss something? Not available on TicketMaster or DT's main site. Just VIP upgrades. Went to venue's site and almost all the seats have an X over them. I'm assuming the majority of tickets aren't available yet? Sorry for dumb question.

Go here: https://www.elkoconcerts.com/event/1534654-dream-theater-greensburg/

Offline jammindude

« Reply #943 on: August 09, 2017, 09:33:08 PM »
Glad I didn't follow through on my idea to buy plane tickets to the Phoenix show.  Now I'm hearing Buffalo is cancelled as well?  3 shows cancelled in all?   What the heck is going on?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: August 09, 2017, 09:37:33 PM »
Glad I didn't follow through on my idea to buy plane tickets to the Phoenix show.  Now I'm hearing Buffalo is cancelled as well?  3 shows cancelled in all?   What the heck is going on?

Really?  More show cancellations this tour?